Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

This Christmas

by Jennifer Renner
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
This Christmas

This Christmas

by Jennifer Renner

Title: This Christmas
Author: Jennifer Renner
Email: jr_moon2001@yahoo.de
Category: Challenge, Holiday, Humor, Romance
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: none
Summary: It's Christmas. And SG-1 goes on holidays.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

AUTHORS NOTES: This is my first fanfic and it's a Christmas Challenge response. It had to include: A blue ballpoint pen lodged in an unusual crevice, Glitter and a blowtorch (blowtorch optional), Lipstick, the colour of which, is 'Blow Job Red' (y'know, you can get it in fuzzy peach and all that weird stuff), An exclamation in a language of your choice (preferably said by Daniel), A warrrrrrrm fuzzy feelin', A heated debate about the existence of Santa Claus(e),There is no spoon (optional...that was just a random thought...). Hope you like it! :-)

FEEDBACK: Yes, very welcomed!

DATE: November 2001

~This Christmas~

It was December 24th, early morning, when Jack entered Cheyenne Mountain. He and the rest of his team had the next couple of days down, because all of them have been working over last years holidays voluntarily. He was in the best mood. He had bought some nice presents, had invited his best three friends for celebration and all he had to do right now, was to pick up Teal'c.

He was whistling to himself as he knocked at his friends door.

"Hi, Teal'c. Ready to go?"

"Yes, O'Neill."

"Got your hat? It will be really cold."

"Yes, O'Neill. Where will we meet Major Carter and Daniel Jackson?"

"At Daniel's place. Let's go, we have some hours to drive."

Jack was really looking forward to the next week. He had rented a little house in the mountains far away from civilisation where they could do a lot of skiing. He would be together with Carter for seven days -and 7 nights. Including New Years Eve. He couldn't stop a smile. The only thing that went wrong somehow, was that he had to drive with Teal'c. He really liked Teal'c but he wasn't the most entertaining person. Jack would have preferred some hours alone with Sam in a car....His grin went even bigger. That sounds really good.....He mentally kicked himself whilst entering his car.

Jack hoped that both Daniel and Teal'c would be busy learning to ski, so that he and Sam could steal away to a more comfortable place....He sighed. He really had to concentrate himself. Jack knew, what he was allowed to do and what not. His grin disappeared. He wondered if there was ever a chance for the two of them to live their feelings.

Five really long hours later Jack and the rest of SG-1 stood in front of the little house in between the mountains, where they would spend their holidays. As Jack had told Teal'c before, it was really cold and a lot of snow.

After a couple of minutes, Teal'c was busy unloading the cars. Fortunately, Daniel helped him and Jack and Sam went inside to inspect the rooms.

"Hey. There`s the fireplace. And a Christmas tree. I didn't know we'd have one." Sam seemed really happy.

"It belongs to the package deal." Jack explained, "here are the bedrooms." Sam followed him upstairs. She entered a very comfortable-looking room with a wonderful view over the countryside.

"Well, I guess that's mine."

Jack nodded in agreement. He was standing in the doorway opposite Sam's room.

"I'll take that one. Have a look?" he asked her with a certain grin in his face. Sam stood up and met him under the doorframe. "Mistletoe?" "Yeah." Jack leaned forward and was about to kiss her -he knew why he loved Christmas- as he heard the footsteps of Daniel and Teal'c on the stairs. OK. Then just a quick on. He leaned forward and kissed Sam on her lips. How soft they were. Then he withdrew into his room, sighing.

"Sir ? Same place same time, tomorrow?" He looked at Sam who was smiling at him.

"Sounds good to me. But, would you please call me Jack, Sam?" "Sure." Maybe this might be even more fun than he'd expected.

After dealing with their luggage, the four of them spent the rest of the day convincing Teal'c to try some skiing. Unfortunately he could not understand, why one should first climb up a hill just to rush down it again, and to repeat that process again and again. While Daniel was kept busy explaining to Teal'c the fun of it, Jack couldn't stop watching Sam, who was wearing a tight dark-red skiing dress. She looked so gorgeous. She was imitating some moves to show them to Teal'c who wasn't impressed. Jack, however was, for she really knew how to move her body. He was so lost in his thoughts, that he didn't realise, that Sam had slid at his right side.

"Earth to Jack O'Neill."

"Mh? Oh, I was just ...miles away." He smiled. "Nice lipstick. What color is it?"

"Ehm. Not important, Jack."

"Suits you."

"Thanks." There it was again, that perfect smile. "Wanna do some skiing? I'm sure, Daniel can handle this."

Daniel was trying to push Teal'c up the hill.

"Yeah. Good idea." Smiling, they both left poor Daniel alone.

The day went by really fast and after everybody had taken a hot shower and after finishing their supper, they settled down in front of the fireplace. Somebody had already put some presents under the Christmas tree, which was full of glitter, and they were all in the best mood. After having some punch and mulled wine they felt very comfortable.

Sam had brought some cakes with her that have been very welcomed. Jack was fighting with Daniel for the last ones.

"Hey, you had enough, don't you think?"

"No, Jack. Actually I don't. They are not just for you." Jack was convinced, Daniel again had drunk too much.

"Well, you had nearly all of them." He got a little angry.

Teal'c was watching the scene together with Sam. She was smiling. They always did that. And Daniel always won.

"No...Let go...Daniel. ...Damn!"

So again this time.

"Wer zuletzt kommt, den bestraft das Leben."

"What??"

"That's German. It means something like "First come first serve."

"Jack. Hey don't be angry. What about some marshmallows?" Sam stood up and went for the kitchen. As she came back, Daniel was still chewing the cakes he had stolen from Jack. And Jack was still shooting Daniel with his eyes.

"Here guys." Sam took some of the sweets and handled them over to Jack. He took them, pierced them onto a stick and held them over the fire. Sam loved it. It was warm, outside it was snowing. She was together with her best friends. And the man she loved. She sat down beside him and also held some marshmallows into the fire. Jack could feel her slightly touching his left arm. He shuddered.

"Can I have some?" It was Daniel.

"NO!" Jack looked at him fiercely. Why did he always have to disturb his private moments with Sam?

"But..."

"Daniel..." Jack could not continue what he was about to say. Sam had pushed one of her marshmallows into his mouth. She laughed.

"Please, there are enough for all of you."

They spent the next hour almost peacefully. They were chatting and laughing. Jack had found a CD with Christmas songs and it ended up with all of them singing "Santa baby".

Actually Teal'c wasn't.

He was sitting in the rocking chair, watching his singing friends.

"Santa Baby, don`t hurry down the chimney tonight..."

"How can a man enter a room through the chimney?"

They all went silent.

"What?" Daniel asked.

"It is very narrow."

"It is Santa Claus, Teal'c." Jack was wondering what Teal'cs problem was.

"What about the sack with the presents?"

"What about it?" Jack really couldn't get his point.

"How does he know who wants which present?"

"He's Santa Claus."

"That's no explanation, O'Neill."

"He has his gnomes/dwarfs/elves, who help him."

Sam had to interfere. "Teal'c, Santa Claus doesn't exist. It's a fairy tale for the children."

"Oh, c'mon." Jack could not believe his ears. As much as he loved her, but denying Santa Claus? No way. That was something he could not accept .

"Sam. Why do you celebrate Christmas if you don't believe in Rudi and Santa?"

"Rudi?" Teal'c got a little confused.

"One of his reindeers. That one with the red nose." Daniel started singing "Rudi the red-nosed reindeer."

Sam looked at him. "He is pulling the sledge with the other reindeers", Jack explained. Sam could see Teal'c raising one eyebrow. That wasn't a good sign. She prepared herself for the next question.

"What is a reindeer?"

"An animal, Teal'c. Like an ordinary deer...."

"Is it faster than the other deers?"

"No..." Sam was confused. Daniel kept on singing and Jack looked angry.

"O'Neill, how can he be on time? He has to travel a long way..."

"C'mon, Teal'c. They are flying!"

Now, Teal'c raised his brow even higher. Sam had to laugh. Did the Colonel really believe in flying reindeers? "Jack... You do know, that this is not possible..." "Sam. Why not? It's Christmas. Time for love, and happiness...OH Daniel, would you please shut up?!" He threw a marshmallow at his friend. "Thank you, Jack", was Daniels only reply.

"Santa Claus does not exist, Jack!" Sam was not willing to give in. Not yet.

"Why not? Do you have any evidence that he does not exist?" Jack knew, he was right.

"Well, no matter which store you choose, there will be one, Jack."

"But does that exclude, that the real one does exist?" Jack was angry. It was Christmas, for God's sake.

"Well...." Sam was about to give him her best argument as Daniel exclaimed: "It is past Midnight! It is the 25th, merry Christmas!" He jumped off and embraced a very puzzled Tial'cTeal'c. Then he hugged Sam and clapped Jack on his shoulder. "I'll fetch your presents." With this he went upstairs, followed by Sam. She was sure she won the argument, because obviously Santa hadn`t been rushing through the chimney...

"Well, Teal'c. A beer?" Jack stood up and went for the kitchen. Teal'c couldn't stop wondering about human customs.

Daniel and Sam came back and started to hand everybody a present. Jack went to the Christmas tree and picked up his packages. He was nervous and prayed that Sam would like hers.

They sat down again and started to unpack their gifts. Jack watched Sam anxiously. She was carefully unpacking Daniels present. As she finally managed to get the paper off without disturbing it, she blushed. "Daniel...Ehm. Thanks." It was a lipstick. "Janet told me, you liked that color. Is it the same you are wearing at the moment? Blow job Red?" Jack was not sure if he had understood him correctly. "Blow job red ??? " "Ehm...Well...actually...it is peach..." , Sam stuttered. She begged that Teal'c would not... "What is a blow job?" He did. "Daniel, why don't you explain that particular one to Teal'c?" Jack couldn't stop grinning. "Ehm...See..."

Jack focused again on Sam, who was now carefully unpacking his gift. He was getting impatient... She opened the little box and held her breath. Now, Jack was really concerned. "She hates it. I knew it was wrong. " "Jack..." Sam was grateful that she was sitting on the couch with him. "It's wonderful", she almost whispered.

"I was afraid you would not like it." Jack answered as silent as she spoke before.

"Of course I do." She looked into his eyes, the necklace in her right hand. "Where did you get it?"

"Remember the mission to P4D554 ?"

"That's almost half a year ago."

"Well. I saw it and I had to have it for you. I just had to wait for the right opportunity to give it to you."

He smiled at her. It was not one of his seductive smiles. He seemed almost shy. Sam was uncertain how to behave. She wanted to kiss him. To thank him in a proper way but she was not allowed to.

"Would you...?" She turned so he could lay the necklace around her neck. As he closed it, his fingers softly touched her skin. He could feel her shiver and his heart jumped.

Sam turned round again.

"Wow..." It looked amazing on her. She looked amazing.

"Thank you so much, Jack."

"Nothing." He smiled at her.

Sam smiled back and hesitatingly leaned forward to embrace him.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her tight. Jack could hear her sigh.

"Thank you Sam." Daniel again with his perfect timing. Sam drew a face and Jack shrugged his shoulders.

"Now your turn Jack." Right sentence, wrong occasion. He unpacked his present and held two cards for the hockey series in his hand.

"Wow, that's great. Thank you so much." Sam sighed with relief. He liked it. Jack gave her a quick kiss on her cheek.

After everybody has unpacked their gifts and has drunk a lot more punch, Daniel fell asleep on the floor. He had been sitting in front of the fireplace and was roasting the last marshmallow, but he couldn't stay awake long enough to eat it. Teal'c stood up. "O'Neill, Major Carter. Thank you for a very nice evening. But I guess I'd better take Daniel Jackson to his bed. I will go, too. Night."

"Night, Teal'c."

Teal'c went to Daniel and before lifting him up, threw a ballpoint pen out of his nose. He wondered how it might have get there. Finally Sam and Jack were left alone. The music was still playing and the wood softly cracked in the fire.

"So...what are we doing now, Jack?"

"Wanna do some dancing?" He stood up and led her to the space in front of the terrace window.

"Sounds very good", Sam nodded

He gently took her into his arms and followed the music. Gratefully it was a slow song. Jack unconsciously wandered his fingers down Sam's spine. He only realised what he was doing as he felt her shiver. Sam pressed herself closer, feeling his cheek against hers. She could feel her inner need... "Do you know what I really want? What I desperately need, Jack?" She looked into his eyes. Jack realized how hot it was in the room. "No..." He held her look.

"Follow me..." Sam turned around and strolled to the kitchen, opening the cupboard.

"Close your eyes, Jack." He obeyed her. "Now, open your mouth..." He obeyed. While he was wondering what she was about to do, he felt her finger softly touching his tongue. But it wasn't just her finger. There was something else. "Chocolate Sauce?" He opened his eyes in disbelieve. "Yep." Sam was sucking the sweet off her other finger. She smiled at him. "Want more?" "Yeah." She covered her finger again and held it out to him, smiling seductively. Jack took her hand in his and then lowered his head to take her finger in his mouth. She could feel his tongue moving around it and her heart began to beat faster. He withdrew and looked her deep into her eyes. She saw his passion and asked in a low voice "Want ...more?"

Jack nodded. "Only if you are really sure." She took a step towards him. "Yes. It would be a shame, if we'd waste the Chocolate Sauce...."

Jack smiled and took her hand. As he carried her up the stairs he was sure, that this holiday would be a lot of fun....

Fin

If you enjoyed this story,please send feedback to Jennifer Renner