Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Bad Timing

by Jeff Baker
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Bad Timing

Bad Timing

by Jeff Baker

Summary: Sam get's promoted, Jack makes his move.
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 08/09/03

Author: Jeff Baker (aka, Jeff-B, JA Baker, Sinister Dexter) Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Archive: Just ask me first.
Feedback: Would be grateful.
E-mail: jap_baker@hotmail.com
Disclaimers: If I owned it, I'd not be writing fan-fiction now would I. Summary: Sam get's promoted, Jack makes his move... Spoilers: None
Note: I know that I got a few things wrong with USAF rankings and such, but that due to my minimal knowledge of military maters.

Bad Timing

"So how is Colonel Carter doing today?" Asked a voice from the doorway, making Sam jump at an important time in her experiment: the first domino fell, and all the others went after it, snaking across the desk, setting off the carefully constructed traps and pitfalls as they went, resulting in a smoke-ring drifting up from a conical flask as a lighter fell into it. Sam grabbed a fire extinguisher from the floor and used it to put of the flames before the smoke alarm went off.

Jack smiled, "This is what you get up to when you're 'working' in your lab on down-time?" Sam blushed, "I can't help it: Jonas spent the past two days going through the back-log of tests. I swear the guy never sleeps!" She stopped suddenly and turned to face Jack, "Did you just say Col. Carter?" Jack came sharply to attention, "Samantha Carter, by order of the President of the United States of America, you have, as of this date, been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, with all the rights and privileges there in." He smiled, "Congratulations Sam. I wanted to be the one to tell you, and Hammond said it was ok, as long as he get's to pin the eagle on your shoulder." He handed over an envelope.

Sam read the letter, "But won't this brake up the team?" Jack grinned, "I'm sorry to brake this to you, but I am a full Colonel, and although we are now technical the same rank, I still have seniority: SG-1 stays together." Sam saw a glint in his eye, "When you say that we are 'technical the same rank'..." Jack smiled, moving closer, "Certain rules no longer apply, if we don't want them to." Sam leaned back against her desk, smiling, "So, if we wanted to do something about something that we had wanted to do something about for a long time, we could do something about it."

Jack shook his head, "Ok, give me a second here." Sam laughed as he pretended to go through the motions of working out what she had just said. He suddenly took a step forward, closing the gap between the, coming to rest against her, "I think that there is something that we really should do something about, don't you?" Sam smiled, enjoying the feel of his body against hers, "Yes, Jack, I think we should." Jack leaned down to kiss her, and closed his eyes.

He hit the bard deck with a thump, sending jolts of pain from his knees all the way up his back. He instantly knew what had happened, and punched the deck, sobbing slightly, "You really have to learn to call first!"

Thor tilted his head to the side, "Is something wrong, Colonel O'Neill?"

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jeff Baker