Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Loss of a Friend, The

by Queen Annae
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Loss of a Friend

The Loss of a Friend

by Queen Annae

Title: The Loss of a Friend
Author: Queen Annae
Email: QueenAn_nae@hotmail.com
Category: Angst
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/other
Rating: PG
Warnings: adult themes, minor character death
Summary: One of Jack's old friends saves the most precious surprise for her last.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

The Loss of a Friend

They never talked about it. Maybe they should have. The feelings were always there. Three months they had lived together as husband and wife because the military had told them to do it. It was an assignment and then it wasn't. Neither of them knew when it changed. Maybe it had to do with the fact that they had to make it look real.

Maybe it had to do with the fact that they were both young and had raging hormones...though women weren't suppose to express them the way she could and did. Maybe it was because they knew that down the line they would need to be there for each other. Maybe sharing this would make sharing all the rest easier. Maybe it was because they were assigned near her hometown so he had to make it real so her family would believe it.

Maybe it was because he loved her. There was something about her that never changed. She could surprise him. No matter how well he thought he knew her she would take an action, cop a behavior, give him a look and it would be something he'd never seen before.

He knew she loved him. It wasn't the all-consuming love that had nearly driven them apart years earlier. It was the quiet type. The type that says...no matter what, I'll always love you. I may not like you at times or what you did or are doing but I do still love you.

He watched silently wishing he had told her what she had meant to him, what she would always mean to him. He came to attention as the casket passed him. She had surprised him one last time when she had taken the bullet meant for him. He knew that she cared for him in a way that couldn't be put into words. Yes, he knew she loved him, but die for him? She had saved the most precious surprise for last.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Queen Annae