Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Mark II - Part 2

by PZ
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Mark II - Part 2

Mark II - Part 2

by pz

Summary: The Sam and Jack clones continue with their story.
Category: Future Story, Series
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, other pairing
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/10/04

Mark II Part 2.

She watched his back as he walked away from her. His shoulders were hunched, his movement tense. Curiously she pushed the slender wafer into a slot in the desk and touched a frosted panel. As the images solidified in front of her, she pulled over a stool and gazed at the messages flowing in front of her.

END OF PART ONE......................

Her face was pale as she pressed the button that stopped the glowing symbols. She pulled out the thin wafer and slipped it into the pocket of her slim fitting overalls. Subconsciously, she patted her pocket and slumped heavily onto her stool. The crease between her eyes betrayed her feelings as she contemplated the information on that she'd read on the screen. After a moment she angrily swiped at a tear that trickled down one cheek and jumping down from her perch, she ran blindly from the room. As she dashed though the sinuously curved doorway, a firm hand grabbed one arm and pulled her sharply to one side. She gasped as a pair of long, slim arms wrapped round her and held her tightly.

`They can't make us do anything, you know. We can do whatever we like. You just have to remember that' said O2 firmly.

`Can we?' she asked hopefully, burying her face on his shoulder.

`Sure we can' he said gruffly.

C2 looked up at him. He had a strong face, but she'd never noticed before until they'd looked at the images of Carter and O'Neill. She could see his face in that of the older man. They had the same bone structure and the same deep brown eyes. She'd never told him, but she'd always liked the colour of his eyes. O2's lips were younger and fuller than O'Neill's, his skin smoother and of course his hair wasn't grey although it obviously had the same tendency to stick up all which ways. Curiously she wondered what Carter felt about O'Neill.

`Penny for `em' said O2.

`Nothing' she said blushing.

O2 grinned quickly, his eyebrows flashing up and down.

`Humph' she grunted, pulling away from him, annoyed that she's been caught in her contemplation of his face.

`You might have nothing to do, but I'm busy' she said loftily.

`I've plenty to do as well' he snapped back.

`What precisely?' she asked.

`Like find us a way out of here' he said.

C2 stopped and gaped at him.

`You're serious, aren't you?' she asked.

`Oh yeah; and when I've developed a plan, I'll let you know' said O2.

`I hope so' she said, snatching her arm away from his grasp.

He frowned at her.

`How come you're so touchy these days?' he asked.

`I'm not' she snarled.

`Yes you are, See! Just then you were really snappy'.

`I'm not, am I?' she asked, suddenly quiet, `You don't think I'm failing, like C3, do you. Perhaps it's all going wrong'.

`I don't think so' said O2, suddenly serious, `Besides, I won't let it happen'.

`I wish I knew' she said helplessly.

`Hey, why don't you get back to that doohickey you were taking apart and I'll work on the plan' said O2.

`Where did you get that word from?' asked C2 curiously.

`Doohickey? I don't know. It just came into my head. I don't know where any words come from, do you? I guess that they just put them there' he said, shrugging.

C2 shook her head dumbly.

`Now why don't you just carry on as normal. We can't let them know what we're planning' said O2.

`Ok' nodded C2.

O2 watched her walk away, a worried frown crossing his forehead.

`I'll get us out of here' he mumbled to himself, `Just you and me. You'll be fine. I'll take care of you'.

Thor watched the exchange between O2 and C2 carefully, his huge lashless eyes inscrutable as he touched the stones.

`Are the subjects responding as predicted?' asked an almost identical figure, stood to one side.

`I believe that they are' said Thor softly.

`I find the interaction between members of the human race difficult to comprehend. It is many generations since the Asgard bothered with sexual reproduction. Cloning technology seems so much more predictable' said Freya.

`Yes it is' said Thor, `but maybe the unpredictability is what makes the humans so strong. With cloning we can never achieve a required result unless that trait existed already within the original Asgard. With humans however, anything is possible'

`I understand that, however the achievement of a successful mating is so dependent on thousands of possible circumstances that I am surprised it is ever achieved' said Freya with a tiny shake of the head.

`But successful it is' said Thor.

`Yes!' said Freya, `When can we expect to know more?'

`Soon I think' said Thor, `I have allowed O'Neill2 to access my data source and see our plans and he has determined that they should escape. It is exactly as predicted, based on the original O'Neill's known behaviour patterns. It is estimated that the secrecy of the plan and the fact that they will have to act together will function as a catalyst in bringing them together. They are young by earth standards, but we cannot afford to wait any longer. Any offspring will develop at the same accelerated speed as the parents and will hopefully contain the best traits of both, although there is a certain amount of luck involved. I know that this is only one possibility in our fight against the Replicators, but the humans have proved invaluable so far and this only increases our options.'

O2 jotted notes quickly on the large sheet of paper. The Asgard always used electronic means of data storage, but somehow he preferred the manual act of paper and pencil. He could push it in his pocket and it would remain secret and personal.

He quickly perused his notes and nodded with satisfaction. He folded the paper neatly and tucked it into a pocket inside his jacket. He was led full length on his narrow bed, the paper shielded by his body from electronic surveillance. Whistling nonchalantly he ambled down towards C2's room.

C2 was concentrating intently on the Asgard device that lay in pieces on her work bench. She didn't hear O2 as walk silently into the room. He watched her for a moment. Her hair was free from it's usual tether and it spilled across her face in a golden waterfall. As he watched she unconsciously swept it back and secured it with a simple pin. The curve of her cheek made his breath come in soft jerks for some reason and suddenly she looked up at him, her eyes staring directly into his. He looked away in embarrassment.

`I made a plan' he said gruffly, fishing the piece of paper out from his pocket.

`Can I see?' she asked, holding out her hand.

`Sure' he said.

She looked at the plan intently, studying every word as though it were deeply significant.

`Why do you do that?' he asked grumpily.

`Do what?' she said, looking up at him.

`Look at everything as though it's the most important thing you've ever seen. Why can't you relax a little' said O2, shifting from one foot to the other.

`And why do you have to always pick on me?' snapped C2.

`I don't know' said O2 lamely, `you make me feel strange. It's like an itch I can't scratch'.

`Oh!' said C2, `Anyway, I like your plan'.

`Really?' he asked hopefully.

`Really!' she said, `You're good at making plans'.

`You think?' he said with a wide grin.

C2 nodded.

`Thank you' he said, suddenly feeling shy.

`When?' she said anxiously.

`When what?'

`When do we go?'

`Tomorrow. Thor is at a Council meeting and we should be able to get access to the stargate. I have the door codes' said O2.

`Are you sure that the destination is good?' she asked.

`I've studied Thor's records and it looks perfect. We have to make a whole series of jumps. It's the only way we can escape without them being able to follow' said O2.

`I'll be ready. Straight after recreation, tomorrow' said C2, turning back to her work.

O2 looked at her uncertainly. He was surprised at her acquiescence. He'd expected her to make more objections; to put in ideas of her own. But she seemed almost to want him to rescue her.

As he turned and left, he didn't see the tears that streamed down her face. As she heard his footsteps fade, she crumpled up until she was stretched across her workbench, sobs wracking her body. She felt weak and frightened. Everyday new thoughts and feelings filled her. She was remembering things that she hadn't experienced. Things she knew must belong to Carter, like he'd remembered that silly word that she guessed must have belonged to O`Neill. It worried her. She was afraid that what happened to C3 would happen to her and it made her feel helpless. O2 looked stronger every time she saw him. His face and physique looked more like O'Neill's every day, but she didn't feel like Carter. In that picture Carter had looked strong and capable, but she didn't feel that way. She felt confused, unsure of herself, unsure that she could achieve the things that Carter already had. She lay awake at night afraid that she would let O2 down, afraid that he would be disappointed in her. She'd watched the memory chip he'd given her in disgust. The idea that they could be bred like cattle had horrified her, besides the very thought of the act they would have to perform. Memories and feelings nudged at the back of her mind and she knew that they belonged to Carter, but she didn't want someone else's thoughts, she wanted the time to build her own, to live her own life and gather her own experiences, which might be very different from Carter's after all. She pushed Carter's thoughts to the back of her mind assiduously and tried to concentrate and what she wanted to take tomorrow.

O2's dreams were different. He dreamed of swashbuckling adventures, fighting off aliens, travelling across strange landscapes, and most of all he dreamt strange dreams that stirred his body. Dreams of a young woman with long blond hair. He woke up the next morning refreshed and excited.

To Be Continued in Part 3.......................

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to pz