Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Christmas

by PZ
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Christmas

Christmas

by pz

Summary: The conclusion. Please note: Some adult scenes, but nothing explicit. It's Christmas and Sam and Jack finally get some time alone.
Category: Future Story, Holiday, Romance, Series
Holiday: Christmas
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: sexual situations
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/14/04

Christmas

The conclusion.

Pairing : S/J Rating : 13 (sexual scenes and implications).

Sam looked with satisfaction at the swags of holly that decorated her fireplace. It had been a long time since she'd bothered with Christmas, but this year felt different. She'd spent most of the day cleaning the house until every wooden surface shone. She'd set a table with the best crystal and china and a gauzy table cloth. Candles were lined up along the window ledge and she'd placed a large glass bowl of water and floating candles on the coffee table. The tree was stood in the corner of the room and she'd just finished placing the last glass bauble when the doorbell rang. Nervously she straightened her dress and walked over to the door.

Jack O'Neill clutched a bottle of wine in one hand and a brown paper package in the other. He'd eschewed his usual attire of jeans and oversized sweatshirt for smart trousers, dark shirt and black leather jacket. He stepped nervously from one foot to the other as he waited for the door to open.

As Sam opened the door, her mouth felt dry and her palms damp.

`Hi, sir' she said.

`Hi, Carter' he replied, waiting for an invitation to enter.

`Come in, sir' she said shyly, standing back to allow him in.

Jack walked in and placed his bottle on the table and looked around.

`This is nice' he said.

`There are two steaks in the kitchen, waiting to be grilled' said Sam and he grinned.

`That sounds like my job' said Jack questioningly.

Sam smiled as he strolled into the kitchen.

`Nice tree' he said as he walked past it, `but isn't there something missing?'

`Sir?'

He held out the brown paper bag that he was still clutching in his hand.

Sam looked in the bag and carefully pulled out a beautiful latticework star. She held it out to Jack.

`Do you mind, sir? I think you can reach better than me' she said.

He took it from her, his hands brushing hers momentarily. Without speaking he attached it to the topmost branch, positioning it so that one of the tiny fairy lights shone through the cut outs in the wood. He stood back to survey the finished effect.

`It's perfect' she said softly.

Detective Charles Jeffreys watched his breath crystallise in the cold evening air.

`Tell me again, Donaldson what exactly we're doing on a stake out on Christmas eve. Make sure that you explain what possible national security issue is going down right here, right now' he said.

`Pour me a coffee' said George Donaldson, rubbing his hands together.

`I've heard diddly-squat so far that makes me think that anything is happening here' said Jeffreys.

`Come on Charlie, you know that there's always more to these NID things than we are ever privilege to. We do all the leg work, they get all the glory. What I know right now is that my missus and the kids are baking fresh cookies and mulling the wine.'

`What's happening now?' asked Donaldson as he sipped on his coffee.

Jeffreys listened through a pair of headphones intently for a while.

`He's calling her Carter, she's calling him sir. They're cooking a steak. Sounds like a close knit team having a little down time together if you ask me. All very innocent' said Jeffreys.

`Tell me if I'm wrong, Jeffreys, but I've read the file on both these two and all I've seen is the fact that they're all-American heroes. So what, even if they're having a bit of fun on the side, for which I might add there is no evidence! We've been on this job for four weeks and we've got nothing. If I hadn't heard it myself, I wouldn't believe that these two could be so straight' said Donaldson.

`Don't the whole thing become irrelevant after midnight tonight anyway? After all O'Neill will no longer be Carter's CO' said Jeffreys.

`Let's just say that it's a last ditched attempt to discredit these two before they're out of reach' said Donaldson, `But you tell me where on God's earth it says that they can't have what every ordinary Joe on the street gets.'

`Air force regs' said Jeffreys.

Donaldson sniggered.

`Are you suggesting we call it a night?' asked Jeffreys.

Donaldson looked thoughtful for a moment and then with determination he packed away the headphones and started the van engine.

`I know what I'm doing right know and that's going home where I should be on Christmas eve, with my wife and kids' he said.

`Sounds good to me' said Jeffreys, warming his hands over the air vents.

Jack pushed his empty plate away with a contented sigh.

`That was great, Carter' he said.

Sam was gazing at the slim metallic band that he was wearing around his wrist. The light from the candles reflected in its highly polished surface, but as she watched it seemed to grow darker until it was intensely black.

`Your wrist band' she said.

Jack looked down.

`About time' he said, pushing back his chair.

`How did Thor say it works?' quizzed Sam.

`He didn't. I just know that it's silvery if someone is listening in and that it goes black when they've gone' he said.

`I'd love to take it apart sometime' said Sam, her attention focussed on the band.

`I dare say that you would, but not right now, and besides how could you take apart a wedding present,' said Jack firmly.

`Its staying black' said Sam.

`So it is' said Jack waggling his eyebrows.

`I guess that we're all alone then' said Sam archly.

Jack stood up and walked around the table until he stood behind Sam's chair. He placed his hands on her shoulders and massaged lightly. She sighed deeply, closed her eyes and leaned backwards.

`I thought they'd never go' she murmured.

`Why, Colonel O'Neill? You have something planned?' said Jack whispering into her ear.

`My, General O'Neill, what kind of gal do you think I am?' said Sam in a southern accent.

`You hussy' said Jack, as she turned and nipped him playfully on the arm.

`I just wonder what those yankee gentlemen out there, listening in would have said if they'd have known that you're my husband' continued Sam.

`I guess that they'd have us locked up as quick as I can say `lets go to bed'' said Jack.

Sam looked up at him. His eyes glowed in the candlelight.

`Is this some kind of honeymoon?' she asked.

`Technically maybe not, but seeing as we got married on some dirt ball half a million light years from here, where they don't have a decent bed, I guess that it is' said Jack, as he peppered kisses across her face, `You realise that this is our first night alone on Earth'.

`We could have waited until after midnight tonight to get married. It wouldn't have mattered then' she said, 'We could have invited all our friends and done it all in the open.'

`When you're as old as me, a month can be a lifetime. I wanted you, Sam, but I wanted it all done properly and if you'd looked at my record, you'd see that insubordination and non adherence to regulations is one of the things I do best ' said Jack earnestly.

Sam smiled up at him and standing up she held out her hand.

`Lets go to bed' she said, pulling him by the hand.

`Just a minute' he said, 'There's something that I've always wondered'.

Sam looked at him a puzzled expression on her face as he took her by the shoulders and turned her round gently. He slowly pulled the bow of her halter top until the straps slid apart in his hands. She leaned back against him as he let the top of her dress fall down. Her breaths coming fast and ragged.

He bent his head and nuzzled her neck, then turned her round to face him.

`I made that little necklace, never knowing quite where it would hang when I gave it to you. I only had outside appearances to go on. It's been driving me mad with curiosity' he whispered.

Sam smiled and seductively ran her finger around the fine silk cord of her pendant.

`Look, it's sits just here' she murmured, tracing her finger down until it rested right between her breasts. The little heart shaped stone nestled exactly in the curve.

`Perfect' murmured Jack.

`How clever of you to get it just right' said Sam, toying with the stone.

`Oh, not really, I put in lots of study time' said Jack cheekily.

Sam pretended to look aghast, but she stopped when she saw his face. He was standing perfectly still, and as she looked at him, his eyes locked with hers. Without speaking he reached out and stroked her face with such tenderness that she felt tears spring into her eyes. He didn't say anything more, he just ran his long fingers down her neck and over her shoulders, tracing the curve of her collar before sliding his hands down to push at her dress until it pooled around her ankles in a silken pile. She felt exposed but excited as he continued his exploration, running his hands over the soft curve of her stomach. She shuddered as he caressed her hips and he stopped immediately.

`Don't stop' she whispered'.

`I just thought....' he started.

`Don't stop'.

`Sam, you are more beautiful than anything I could make or imagine' he whispered.

Sam looked at him steadily and taking both his hands, she pulled him towards their bedroom just as the fireworks started over Colorado Springs to celebrate the new Christmas day.

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to pz