Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Mark II Part 5

by PZ
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Mark II Part 5

Mark II Part 5

by pz

Summary: Thor comes about the babies.
Category: Future Story
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/14/04

Mark II Part 5.

`Yeah,' said Jack, 'See the colour of his hair? I'd almost forgotten'

Sam smiled.

`And the length of hers' she added as the doors opened.

END OF PART 4................

The next few days passed quickly. Hammond had put SG1 on stand down until the current situation with Jon and Sam was resolved. Janet Fraser kept a close eye on the young woman in her care until she was satisfied that the babies were ready to be born.

Carter was paying her regular morning visit to her counterpart when the girl's face suddenly contorted with pain and she clutched at her stomach.

`Sam?' said Carter, concerned.

`Please get Janet, I think it's time' said Sam through gritted teeth, just as the diminutive doctor walked efficiently through the swing doors. She immediately understood the situation and turned briskly to the visitor.

`I think its time to leave' she said.

`No, Please!' cried Sam, `Stay with me. I'm frightened'.

Carter looked nonplussed and glanced at Janet for confirmation. The doctor cast a doubtful glance at her patient and then shrugged.

`Put those on' she said, pointing at a set of whites hung on the back of the door, `and scrub up first'.

Sam didn't have time to protest as Janet turned back to help her patient.

`Now come on, sweetheart, breathe, like we practised. We didn't do all that hard work for fun' she said gripping the girls hand as another contraction swept over her.

Jack spotted Doctor Daniel Jackson as he scanned the commissary, looking for his 2IC. It had become a little routine that he met her here after she'd visited the girl. Daniel gestured to him and he ambled over, carrying a mug of steaming, black coffee.

`Seen Carter?' he asked casually.

`No' said Daniel, with that perpetually startled expression that he sometimes wore.

`Ah!' said Jack, sitting down opposite him.

Daniel, as usual, had books spread all across the table, and Jack pushed them to one side as he sat down.

`Sam seems somewhat preoccupied with the visitors' said Daniel.

`You mean with Sam?' asked Jack, confusingly.

`That's confusing' said Daniel.

`Not if you call Carter, Carter' said Jack.

`But I don't' said Daniel.

`No I suppose you don't' said Jack with a shrug.

`What's going to happen to them?' asked Daniel.

`Carter thinks that the accelerated growth thing will slow down now they're out of the influence of the Asgard. The plan is to find them some nice little planet out there for them to settle down on' said Jack.

`I can't see the Asgard being too happy about that' said Daniel thoughtfully.

`No' said Jack with a frown.

Suddenly a young airman stuck his head around the door and seeing Jack, he entered and the commissary and strode briskly over towards him.

`Colonel O'Neill, sir. Doctor Fraser had has requested your presence in the infirmary' he said smartly.

Jack looked at him for a moment.

`Must be the babies' muttered Daniel, scooping up his books.

As they walked quickly down the corridor, the frown on Jack's face deepened.

`Daniel. What relation are these children to me?' he asked, `I'm confused'.

Daniel considered the question.

`It is interesting!' he said, `I think that the best way to think of Jon is like a twin brother. Identical twins have the same genetic makeup. They're two halves of the same egg.'

`So that would make them my nephews' said Jack happily.

`Or nieces' reminded Daniel.

`Sure' said Jack.

`And the same for Sam too' said Daniel.

`Oh!' said Jack, looking thoughtful.

As they turned the corridor, they saw Carter, leaning against the wall, looking shell shocked. Daniel immediately approached her.

`Any news?' he asked quickly.

Sam nodded dumbly and then smiled.

`It's a boy and a girl' she said, `Jon's with her'.

`Ah!' muttered Jack, `A nephew and a niece'.

`What's that, sir?' asked Sam, puzzled.

`Jack asked me what relation the babies were to him. As Sam and Jon are like identical twins to you, I said nephew or niece' said Daniel with a shrug.

Sam considered his answer for a while.

`I guess' she said.

The three team members jumped suddenly as the corridor filled with a bright light. When it dimmed, a familiar diminutive grey figure stood in front of them. Jack stepped menacingly towards Thor.

`Sir!!' warned Sam, stopping him.

`O'Neill' said Thor simply.

`You've done it again, you grey, hairless, shrunken sonofa.......' started Jack.

`Welcome, Thor' interrupted Daniel diplomatically.

`Dr. Jackson. And Major Carter' acknowledged Thor, nodding slightly towards them.

`I think that we have something to discuss' said Daniel, gesturing towards an empty office next to the infirmary.

Jack grunted and walked quickly towards the room. Thor followed, then Sam and Daniel, who closed the door behind him and turned to face the assembled group.

`I understand your feelings, Colonel O'Neill' said Thor, 'and please understand that the Asgard would not have done such a thing if we were not desperate.'

`I understand that' said Jack in a calmer voice 'but why another clone. And Carter too?'

`Your primitive thought processes have proved effective in the past in our ongoing fight against the replicators. Both you and Major Carter have succeeded using very different thought patterns. The Asgard council decided that if both could be combined into one, it may buy us extra time.' said Thor softly.

`So you cloned us both, hoping that we would.......' started Jack.

`Yes' finished Thor.

`Bit of a long shot, don't you think?' said Jack archly.

`No' said Thor.

`Why not?' asked Sam, looking puzzled.

Thor looked from one to the other, his huge black eyes blinking slowly.

`Our behaviour models showed that a successful outcome was likely' he said eventually.

Daniel smirked.

Jack frowned, `You mean that your computers told you that we would.....?'

`Yes' said Thor, `with a probability close to 100%'.

`Ah!' said Jack uncomfortably.

By this time, Daniel was grinning broadly, and Jack flung a glare in his direction.

`Whatever your models told you, we now have two adults and two babies to think about, and I think that they want a shot at leading a normal life' said Sam, her cheeks still pink.

`Yes! Yes we do' joined in Jack gratefully.

`How did you know they were here? And by your timely entrance, I guess that you knew the babies had been born?' asked Daniel.

Thor held out his hand, containing a small electronic wafer.

`When the genes are spliced, we introduce a tracker gene that emits a unique signal that we can detect. This wafer detects the particular gene that was spliced into O2 and C2, and therefore was passed down to their children' said Thor.

`Does the fact that you have the wafer with you mean something?' asked Jack astutely.

`It means that we will no longer be able to track them' said Thor simply.

`Let me clarify' said Daniel, `You're letting them go free?'

Thor nodded.

`It's the right decision' said Jack, taking the wafer from Thor.

`I am sorry if this has caused any embarrassment, O'Neill, Major Carter' said Thor with a tilt of the head.

`Well I guess that everything has turned out ok in the end' said Jack, nodding.

Sam remained silent.

`Now, shouldn't we go see our new family?' asked Jack, tilting his head towards Sam.

He turned to look at Thor, who was suddenly enveloped in a bright light.

`Damn!' he exclaimed, 'I meant to ask him whether there were any more of us'.

With a shrug, Jack pocketed the wafer and headed out the door.

Daniel caught Sam's arm before they left the room.

`Do I detect that you're not too happy about this?' he asked.

`That was all a little too easy' said Sam.

`Mmm. Maybe they didn't want to endanger the Earth / Asgard alliance' said Daniel.

`Maybe!' said Sam.

`What do you think?' asked Daniel..

`I think that there is more to this than meets the eye. If you make one clone, or two, you can make hundreds' said Sam.

`You think that they made hundreds of you?' asked Daniel.

`It's possible' said Sam with a shrug.

`Oh!' said Daniel.

Sam turned and headed out of the door, her face demonstrating her feeling of unease.

END OF PART 5.......................

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to pz