Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Trying to Develop the Past

by PhoebeADA
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Trying to develop the past

by PhoebeADA

TITLE: Trying to develop the past
Author: PhoebeADA
Email: NF1703@aol.com
Category: Romance, Drama
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: 5
This story is a sequel to: Forgotten Past
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none
Status: Unfinished
Summary: Well, this is the next part. I hope you like it.
Parker tries to get Sam back. Will he be succesful?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's Note: And millions of thank you to Connie the best beta reader I ever had. She’s really doing a hard job there....

Two months had passed since Colonel Matthew Parker has transferred to the SGC.

Since then he had tried to patch up his destroyed relationship with Sam.

Tonight he would try again.

Samantha Carter walked down to the cafeteria. Daniel and Teal'c were right behind her.

Parker walked towards Sam. She had mentioned his attempts to rebuild their relationship. In a strange way she liked it. He was as charming as ever and knew exactly which button he has to pull.

"Hey, Sam. Teal'c. Danny." He nodded to each man but his smile was only for her.

"Can I help you? Matthew?" Sam asked with a hidden giggle in her voice.

"Well actually .... Do you know about the opening of this new club at Main street. And I wondered if...."

"Matt, just spit it out. I haven't got all day." she said impatiently.

Parker looked up surprised. She had called him by his nickname. That was a good sign.

"I know you love to dance, so I wanted to know if you would go out with me." He came straight to the point.

Sam mumbled a "We will see." before she and the others went on. As the others rounded the corner, she suddenly turned and said. "It's a date Matt. Pick me up at 1900. But don't flatter yourself, it's just that I haven't danced in years so..." she left the sentence unfinished and went after the boys.

"So, are you really going out with him?" Daniel asked concerned. "Do you think that's wise?"

Sam laughed. "Jeez Daniel, we're just going out. I don't plan to move in with him."

"Yeah but I think he's after more than just your friendship." he told before the went inside the cafeteria to drink a cup of coffee.

--------

"Okay Jack. Don't you think it's time we left? We followed them during dinner, after dinner we followed them to a club and spent two really boring hours, watching them dance...." Daniel listed.

"What you find spending time with me is boring?" he pretend to be hurt.

Daniel gave him a 'don't-go-there-look'. "You know exactly what I mean. Isn't it time we went home?" he asked tired.

Jack sighed. "Daniel, if you are so against this, then why to hell are you here?"

Daniel looked stunned. That really wasn't the question he had expected. "Well. Mmhh. Well ....Janet asked me if I would help you...to...to keep an eye on Sam and Parker. But that doesn't mean that I like spying on my friends." he said in a stubborn voice.

"But you are here. Right?" he asked.

Daniel nodded .

"Then shut up. Okay!"

Jack watched as Parker walked Sam to her door.

---

"So..." Sam said.

"So..." Parker answered with a smile.

Sam looked up to meet his gaze.

She took a deep breath. "Okay. Matt it was a really nice evening. And ..."

Matt stopped her. "It is okay Sammy. You don't have to be pollite."

"No, I really mean it. It's just that my life is so complicated and I'm not sure about this. I mean we haven't seen each other in such a long time and...."

This time Parker stopped her by pulling her against him and pressing his mouth on hers.

After a moment of shock she responded to his kiss.

She laid her arm around his waist and pulled herself closer to him. Her mouth opened under his and their tongues were in a loving duel.

After a few moments they parted to get some oxygen.

They leaned their foreheads together.

"Maybe you should come in..." Sam managed to whisper.

Parker nodded and Sam leaded him in the house.

------------

Jack watched hurt by this little scene and before Sam's door closed he saw Parker sweep her into his arms.

Jack sighed.

Daniel watched him concerned. This whole situation had turned out really bad. It wasn't supposed to end like this. "I'm sorry Jack. I..."

Jack started the car and interrupt him sharply. "Don't be Daniel. I just have to face the facts. Sam and I weren't meant to be. I don't want to discuss it any further. Okay?"

"Sure Jack. Whatever you say."

------------

Two days later

Jack headed to the elevator and pushed the button. The door opened and he stepped in without taking a second glance at the others in the elevator with him. His weekend, no his whole time off duty had been so depressing.

"Good morning, Sir." Sam said as the door closed.

Jack looked around in surprise.

"Carter." he greeted her neutrally, refusing to look her in the face.

Sam looked thoughtful. Something was wrong with her CO. She could feel it.

"Is everything alright Colonel?" she asked concerned.

"Everything is just fine Major." He told her.

"Fine Sir." she sounded slightly hurt.

"Fine."

"Fine."

Finally Jack turned to look at her and stared in surprise. "What the hell had happened to your face Major?"

Sam raised her hand and carefully touched her black eye. "Oh this. It's nothing really. It's not as bad as it looks. Believe me. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing when I was fixing some shelving in my garage and something slipped off the shelf and..." Sam ended lamely.

Jack didn't buy her story for a moment.

He would kill that guy. To Jack it was clear that Parker was responsible for this. Who else could it be? He really had thought that Sam wouldn't be that stupid, again.

"Whatever you say Major." he said before he stormed out of the elevator.

Sam shook her head. She didn't want him to know the truth. He didn't know how she was spending her free time. It was embarrassing to admit that she hadn't been paying attention when she was teaching the kids self-defense. She didn't want anyone on the base to know that she got a black eye from a thirteen year old kid. She could hear it now. Did you hear, Major Carter got a black eye from a 13 year old boy she was teaching self defense to.

Just the thought of anyone knowing was horrible. She sighed and went to her lab.

----

Jack went to Parker's apartment and pushed the door bell.

As Parker opened the door, Jack shoved his way in and pushed him up against the nearest wall.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" Parker asked, using his leg to knock O'Neill off balance. Then he pounced, taking O'Neill to the floor.

"What were you thinking when you hit Sam in the eye?" Jack countered angrily as he shifted his balance, and rolled over until he was on top of Parker.

"Hit Sam? Are you crazy? I would never hit her or any other woman." Parker got one arm free and before O'Neill could stop him, he quickly applied one of the nerve grips he'd been taught to get O'Neill off him.

"So, if you didn't hit her, then where did she get that black eye?" he asked sarcastically, rubbing his shoulder and arm to get feeling back into them.

Laughing Parker sat down on his couch. "Let me ask you something. How much do you know about her? Sam, I mean. Do you know what she does with her free time?"

"I don't see what that has to do with anything, but no I don't know what she does when she's off duty. Why?"

"Jack meet me in the ...park this Saturday at 1100. Okay. I will explain everything to you there. Now please leave. I have a mission in 8 hours and I really need some sleep." Parker said escorting Jack firmly to the door.

Before Jack could say a single word he found himself outside of Parker's apartment staring at a closed door.

TBC

So I hope you enjoy reading it. This is part one of two I will be posting the next part ASAP. You just have to be patient.... ;-)

What would you like to see? Sam with Parker or with Jack? I'm open for every suggestions.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to PhoebeADA