Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Differences

by PhoebeADA
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Differences

Differences

by PhoebeADA

Title: Differences
Author: PhoebeADA
e-mail: NF1703@aol.com
Spoilers: all up to now ( the middle of the fourth season.) Hey I'm living in Germany after all.............
Rating: PG-13 I don't get this rating stuff right anyway.
Pairing: Sam and Jack
Category: Future story, romance angst, tiny sexual situations
Summary: What if Sam and Jack had both made it through the gate in 2010?
Disclaimer: I don't own anything of Farscape or Stargate just Tara Sun, Colonel Matthew Parker and Justin Daniel Carter are mine if you like to lend them just tell me were that I can have a look of their growth!
Archive: anywhere just ask please.
Status: Complete. Maybe there will be a sequel but only if I get a lot of feedback.
Author's notes: Having two Jacks'and two Sams` in one reality causes a lot of problems by writing. The Sam and Jack you know are still titled as Sam and Jack. The future ones are titled as Samantha and Jonathan. And special thanks to Julia my wonderful beta reader....
Feedback???: Is this really a Question??? ( With feedback there will be sequel... if not... Well do I really have to complete this sentence?

I know life is a bitch )

And now

"SG-1 code , Sir." The Sergeant said to General Hammond.

Colonel O `Neill walked behind him and said in his usual way.

"Didn't you miss something here? We are not offworld."

"Who could it be ?" D. Fraiser asked.

The General looked at her seriously . "We will find it out. Open the iris."

SG-1 watched as two people fell through the event horizon and rolled down the ramp. The Gate shut down and SG-1 run with the Doc to the gateroom.

Colonel O'Neill was the first who reached the two people, a man and a woman. He rolled the woman on her back and gasped. This was Major Samantha Carter, his 2 IC, but it was impossible his Major was standing right behind him. Janet knelt beside the man who looked exactly like him. But how was this possible? Where did they come from?

"We have to bring them in the infirmary."

"Hey Doc." O'Neill shouted. " Call us when they are awake."

Sam, Teal'c and Daniel stood in the infirmary as Jack with General Hammond arrived.

"Something new Doc?" he asked.

"Yes indeed Colonel she is awake and the test results are here. This are Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill." she said.

"But how is this possible" The General asked.

"I don't know Sir. But you can talk to her now." Janet turned around and the others followed her.

They walked toward the bed where the second Samantha Carter laid.

"Hello." Sam said to her other self.

Samantha just nodded.

Jack cleared his throat .

"Would you mind telling us who you are?" he asked.

Samantha looked him in the eyes. "How is he?" she asked.

"Excuse me?"

"Jack. How is he?"

"Oh you mean the guy you come with. Doc?"

"I don't know. He has several injuries. And I don't know that kind of weapon. I think it's up to him. I'm sorry." Janet ended.

Samantha shook her head.

"Why doesn't it work?" she murmured to herself.

Sam sat down and asked.

"What hasn't worked?"

"I'm Lieutenant Colonel Samatha Carter. I'm your future." she said in Sam's direction.

"Jack and I are here to warn you. You can't go to P4C-970." she continued.

Jack looked puzled to Sam she just shaked her head.

"Why not?" he asked.

"I can't say that. You must trust me. Don't go to P4C-970."

"Oh come on you can't show up here and say "Don't go there" without giving us a good reason." he said.

Samantha ignored him and faced General Hammond. "Sir, is it possible that I can get my own clothes back and get out of the infirmary? I'm fine I just need some time alone." she begged.

"Yes, Major ...er Colonel Carter. You will be given a VIP quarter." He nodded to Janet and left the infirmary.

Daniel, Teal'c followed him.

"I'll come back later and show you your room." Sam said before she left.

"Thank you." Samantha answered.

As Jack and Sam entered the infirmary to get the other Sam, they saw her standing next to the other Jack's bed.

"Don't you dare leave me now, Jack. I need you here. You, that means the other you, is as stubborn as ever. And on top of all they don't believe me.

Hell I mean I wouldn't believe me.

I'm so sorry Jack. Sorry for not believing you. Sorry for not trusting your opinion. Sorry for the last nine years.

We haven't had the time to talk about so I will say it now. I missed you during this time. Our conversations, spending time together I even miss your humor..." she stopped and smiled. " Anyway. I will make it up. I promise." she squeezed his hand and sighed. Than she leaned down to him and kissed his forehead. When she went up she heard him whisper.

"After all what we have done today and all I get is a kiss on the forehead?"

"Jack!" she whispered back.

"Last time I looked in the mirror it was me." he joked as he opened his eyes.

Tears welled in her eyes.

"What's that Carter? Tears. Not for me. Never for me." he smiled.

"I'm so glad you made it Jack. Jack I ..." but then she stopped.

"Why are we still here?" he asked.

"They don't believe me."

Jack and Sam watched this reunion from the doorway. "I'll go and get Janet." Sam said and left.

Jack walked towards the bed to the two other people who haven't noticed him yet.

"Sorry to interrupt you but we have a few questions." he said.

Samantha and Jonathan looked up.

"We will answer a few of your questions but he must recover before ." Samantha said.

SG-1, the General, Samantha, Jonathan and Doc Fraiser sat together in the briefing room.

"So first things first. Why are you here?" The General asked.

Samantha answered him.

"We are here to tell you that you shouldn't go to P4C-970."

Jack leaned forwards in his chair.

"Yeah you said that before we would like to know why?"

Samantha shared a gaze with Jonathan.

"Well when you go you will meet a race called the Aschen. You will think that they are the answers to all your problems. The Go'auld, the Re'etou the answers to everything."

"Excuse me but when they are that good, why shouldn't we go?" Daniel asked.

"Ten years later you will find out that they want to destroy you. They gave the people on earth a anti-aging vaccine but this was also an act of making the woman sterile. The results are the annihilation of the human population on Earth."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Yeah you heard me right. Janet and I discovered that the anti-aging vaccine the Aschen had given us had decreased the world population growth by over ninety percent in the last two years." Samantha said.

The others looked really shocked by this statement.

Jonathan looked nervous now.

"Okay Sam we have told them everything. Why are we still here. That was not the plan." he said.

"Don't you think I know that Jack?"

"Wait a minute you mean you future hasn't changed now. Right?" Daniel said.

Samantha nodded. "When the future changed we will disappear. I think." she ended.

"What do you mean you think?" Jonathan shouted. "I thought you knew what you are doing. I knew that this was a very bad idea."

"Oh sorry, have I destroyed some plans of your, Jack O`Neill? Nobody has done something like this before. But there was no other way to take things back."

"Well, if you hadn't ignored my warnings none of this had happened, You ..."

"I think thats enough Colonel." General Hammond said sternly.

Samantha looked at him and said. "No it's okay I will close this chapter. Go on Jack is there something else you would like to tell?"

"Oh don't play games with me. It's not my fault thing are like this!" he shouted.

"So what are you saying Jack. That this is all my fault? That I am responsible? Fine blame me. Like you have the past 10 years. But you know what? It wasn't me who went away. It wasn't me who decided to retire and it wasn't me who spend the last years in a damn cabin at some stupid lake with the only decision you had to make was to get a dog or no dog. Okay?" she almost shouted back.

Jonathan looked really angry now.

"Hey it was not my husband who make a deal with them. What did he say after you told him that you can't have kids and that they are responsible? Hhmm? `Oh sorry, dear it wasn't supposed to end like this?`

For crying out loud he knew about this and he hadn't said a word to you. And know we are here and nothing has changed what means that earth people are still sterile and Daniel and Teal'c are still laying dead on the steps before the gate. And I ..." he was stopped by a slap from Samantha.

The room was quiet. Nobody says a word.

Jonathan looked Samantha in the eyes; his cheek red where her hand had slapped him.

Jack and Sam looked at each other with shocked faces.

Teal'c raised his eyebrow higher than usual and Daniel was eagerly cleaning his glasses while the General and Janet tried to look like nothing had happened.

"I'll not say that I'm sorry, Jack. Because I'm not. But I shouldn't have done it. But never speak to me like this again. Don't you think I know this all. I know that this was my plan and that Daniel and Teal'c are still dead.

And yes you are right. Joe ... he didn't said a word to me. But he was there for me. He was there the last 10 years. You were not. You have no right to accuse him. Or me. He is a good guy. He is my husband it may be not right what he has done but you have no right to judge him..." She whispered.

General Hammond cleared his throat.

"So if we could continue now." he said.

"So what are we going to do now? Couldn't we go to P4C-970 and make an ally of them without using this anti-age-thing ?" he asked.

"No, thats impossible. It was all in the trade. Either all or nothing." Jonathan said

"I will inform the president he has to decide this. SG-1 you are dismissed.

Dr. Jackson you and Teal'c will escort me.

And Colonel, Major please escort our guests to their quarters."

They left and Janet followed them.

"Well then follow me." Jack said.

He and Sam lead the way and the others followed them.

"Sam wait." Jonathan said.

Samantha turned around and faced him.

Jack and Sam waited outside.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't speak to you like this. I know thats not enough. But ..." he looked her in the eyes and raised a hand to her face where he cupped her cheek in it. Samantha closed her eyes and leaned her face against his hand.

"I'm truly sorry. We will make it. We have outlived worse things."

She smiled. "Just name me one." He smiled to.

"I'll think over it."

"It's okay Jack we have both said things we aren't proud of. And I am sorry for slapping you."

He hugged her and she laid her head at his shoulder.

"I will get over it." Than he turned back a little and meet her gaze.

"But you know what? You still owe me a kiss."

Samantha smiled and raised her hand around his neck.

"You think?"

"I'm sure of this."

"When you say it.." her voice trailed of as he moved his head towards hers. Their lips meet in a very tender kiss. Samantha closed her eyes and relaxed in his arms. Jonathan pressed her harder against his body and the kiss became more passionate.

The kiss ended so tenderly as it had begun. They parted and leaned their foreheads together.

"We should have done this a hell sooner, you know." Jonathan said.

"Maybe next time." she said.

" You know that I love you right?" he asked concerned.

Samantha closed her eyes. And a tear slipped down her cheek.

"I love you too. Maybe we should have talked about this a lot sooner."

"You are the one with the brain." he joked.

"Come on" he raised an arm to her hip.

Sam and Jack escorted them to their quaters.

"Major?" Jack said as he walked into her lap.

Sam looked up and meet his gaze.

"Yes Sir?"

"Sam could we talk about this? I mean this whole future earth thing?" he asked unsure.

"I ... I think we can. I hope we can. Sit down." she raised her hand towards a chair.

"No not here. Let's go to the surface."

They went outside to his favourite spot on the mountain.

"I..." both said.

"No you ..." they repeated.

Jack raised a hand and smiled.

"No let me speak first, Okay?"

Sam nodded and they sat down on a trunk.

"I don't know what will be happen when we go to P4C-970 but I think the risks are too great. I mean ... don't you think?"

Sam nodded.Well I didn't expect a talk about this planet I have thought he would like to speak about us.

"I think you are right. We shouldn't go there. Was that all? I have to do things in my lap."

She stood up and tried to walk away but he caught her hand and pulled her down next to him.

"No that wasn't all. I don't want to make the same mistakes like them." He raised a hand to her face and his thumb stroked over her lightly parted lips.

"I love you. I have for a long time. " Jack looked her seriously in the eyes.

Sam closed her eyes and sighed. As she opened them again he could see all her love for him.

"Oh Jack. I love you too. Don't let us make their mistakes."

He hugged her and their lips meet in a passionate kiss.

After Sam and Jack went back in the mountain, Daniel told them that Samantha and Jack had disapperared. And the General had removed the coordinates to P4C-970.

Sam and Jack went to her lab they were going on downtime and she has to collect some things before they left.

Jack pressed the button for the elevato. He and Sam entered it and he laid an arm around her. Sam snuggled against him.

"Sam what are we going to do now?" he asked.

"I don't know we have to wait and see." She raised one hand to his neck and kissed him tenderly.

"Jack?"

"Mmhh?"

"I always wanted to have a golden retriever." she smiled.

He grinned and hugged her a little stronger.

"It's a deal as long as we don't give him girlish names."

"Deal."

The End

thank you for reading to the end. I realy would like to know your opinion to this. Good or bad....

Phoebe

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to PhoebeADA