Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Retirement

by Jean
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Retirement

Retirement

by Jean

Summary: At last it is time.
Category: Romance
Season: Future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/19/05

Retirement
"It's done."
He is standing there. Seeming perhaps a little frightened in the enormity of it all, looking almost afraid at the sudden loss of the regulations that had bound them, but kept them apart, for so very long. Him. On her doorstep. Telling her that it is done.
Their personal trial is over. Yet now there are no rules. Where to begin? It is immediately apparent that neither of them is sure.
She takes a look at his face, that face that she now feels she has always loved very deeply. And, taking the time to study him, she finds that she has not been wrong. His eyes look ridiculously childlike in the porchlight, wide and apprehensive and she cannot believe for a moment that he sees anything in her eyes other than the same.
It is, apparently, time. But with the rules gone, how do you move forward in the game? What is the damned game?
She mentally pulls herself up short. He came to your house, Sam. He is standing on your doorstep. He took the first step. The ball, to coin a cliche, is in your court. And even a really shoddy backhand is better than nothing. And he is waiting. For you.
Your move.
She opens the door fully. And places real emotion in her first word.
"Jack. Please come in."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jean