Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Exodus

by Pagemaster
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Exodus

Exodus

by Pagemaster

TITLE: Exodus
AUTHOR: Pagemaster
EMAIL: crazysexycool@c4.com
CATEGORY: Challenge, Action/Adventure, Drama
PAIRING: Daniel/Sam
SPOILERS: none really
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Response to Challenge 1248: This is a silly challenge, but I think it would be fun to write a fic that includes all of the episode titles from the show in the dialogue. I think we've had 84 of them so far which is quite a few, so just get in as many as you can. Extra points if you manage to give it a plot and make some sense.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: As an extra, i've used the episode titles in chronological order but i may have mixed a couple up. Thanks to my little sis for pointing out silly typos and listening to me babble while she's doing homework and i'm having fun.

Have fun y'all!!

Oh please oh please send feedback. i MUST know what people really think of this, esp. the plot. thanks!

The children of the godsspoke out. "There is a traitor among us!" The eldest proclaimed. "The enemy withinour ranks wishes foremancipationfor our slaves!" The assembly broke out in whispers.

"Has he no respect forthe Broca Dividethe separation of man and slave?" someone asked.

"No! Neither has he any respect forthe First Commandment'thou shalt have no other gods but me.'" The second spoke harshly. "He deserves to be given the most painful punishment one can receive." He paused with an ominous statement. "TheCold Lazarus!!"

Everyone gasped in shock. There had only been tales of this punishment. No one had ever used it. "He shall receivethe Noxand be wiped out like abrief candle!"

The first continued, "I myself shall useThor's Hammeron him!"

The crowd broke out again in excited whispers. This was certainly an event to see! Who was this being who would receive all this punishment? If they could only find him! It promised to be the greatest public execution sincethe torment of tantalus.Tantalus'bloodlineshad burst, spewing forthfire and water. It had been a great show. Now, there was an even better one!

Hathorsidled up next to her lover, Damion. "Oh thesingularityof it all!"

"Yes," he said. "We must perform theCor'aiimmediately."

"Yes! We must definitely search for him. But what happens if we can't find him?"

"Well, his identity will then remain anenigma."

Hathor frowned. "I would much prefer him to be captured and lay in his prison in allsolitudes, awaiting his death of being crushed like atin man."

"Ah! Do not worry my dear. He will only remain hiddenthere, but for the grace of god, our most righteous gods!"

"Oh I tire of all thispolitics!" She looked at Damion seductively. "Let us retreat into theserpent's lair."

"Yes, then I shall have youwithin theserpent's grasp."

Meanwhile........

The night guard looked with disgust at the dead body in the corridor. It was the guard who had the watch before him. He had diedin the line of duty. Someprisoners- slave prisoners, might he add - had attempted an escape. The guard had not died in vain, though, for the prisoners were recaptured. However, hedidhave maggots crawling over his corpse.

The stench of man filled the nose of theGamekeeperas he entered the corridor to examine the dead body. It was so hideous that the keeper threw up his dinner.

"Ineed," he gasped out. "I need my 2IC." Immediately the man in question stepped up. He was quite obedient. "UseThor's Chariot," the keeper commanded. "To take thismessage in a bottleto thefamilyof the guard." He handed the message to his second. "It gives nosecretsbut tells of thebanehe received the highest honourtheTok'raguard can get. I only hope thespiritsof this brave man can reach thetouchstoneso that he may rest in peace."

The man bowed and went about his responsibility. The keeper turned to the night guard. "I believe the traitor has something to do with this. The Cor'ai is being performed even as we speak! It is rumoured thatthe fifth racewill begin early tomorrow. Whosoever finds the traitor first will receive lands of the gods. It is onlya matter of time....Then all of us can finally get aholidayand we shall rejoice by singing theserpent's song.But we cannot afford to makeone false step. The person who does so would have toshow and tellto the gods how that fatal move happened then he shall be banished to the year1969!"

In the serpent's lair

"Are youout of mind?!" shrieked Hathor.

"Please," Damion said. "Understand. I cannot allow this to happen anymore!"

"You are surely jumpinginto the fire," she said fearfully. "Don't you know ofSeth?"

"Yes," Damion said impatiently. "He proclaimed that this was not afair game. He has left a greatlegacybehind for the rebellion."

"Yourlearning curvemust be low," growled Hathor.

"It's just a difference inpoint of view."

"I cannot believe thatyouare the traitor. Oh gods help me! My beloved is the traitor! I cannot allow thisdead man's switchtake place. I must warn the gods about you." She prepared to leave the room. He grabbed her hand.

"They are not gods, my beloved! They may well bedemons. They have concern for no one but themselves."

She pulled away. "I must not listen to you. Therules of engagementstate so clearly. I will now leave," she added coldly, and then did so.

Damion sighed. Tomorrow would prove to be a long day. Perhaps evenforever in a day, a single day. Thepast and presentofJolinar's memoriesflooded his mind. 'Do not worry my dear. Iwillavenge your death,' he silently vowed. 'Itwas the devil you know, who had a hand in your death. I will finish him off. Hopefully, I have enough of afootholdon this situation, so that I can stop thispretenceand go back to being my normal, kind hearted, sincere, non-violent self.'

Damion had arrived inUrgobuta hundred daysbefore. The sky was filled withshades of grey, as was his mood. But then it got lighter. For he gainednew groundin his search for his beloved's slaughterer his true beloved. The woman whosematernal instinctsaved his derrire many times oh how he missed her! He could never forget the day he walked into her room and all that was left of her was acrystal skull. He was so traumatised!

But now, he knew hisnemesis. It was one of the men who had these people bonded in slavery. He would make him suffer. He would let all his slaves run free!!

Later.......

Damion was pleased with thesmall victorieshe had won. He had gotten all the people gathered quickly and quietly. He was pleased with the big victories he had won too. The people were convinced that an escape was best. They didn't want to live here anymore. Damion promised to take them tothe other side.

The group huffed and puffed forward over theupgradesin the land. They had to head for thecrossroadswhere more help would arrive. The people wanted todivide and conquerthe gods, but Damion urged them not to think of that right now. The most important thing to do was escape.

"Hurry!" shouted Damion. "This is our onlywindow of opportunityto get through thewatergate!" The slaves all followed him, rushing like the wind out if their quarters. Suddenly Damion ran into a mob headed by the gods themselves.

"Halt!" one called out. "Do not follow him! He is evil! You shall suffer if you go with him!"

"We don't like it here!" someone said bravely. "We want to leave!"

"How dare you!" The man's face turned bright red. "We arethe First Ones! We have transformed this oncescorched earthinto a habitable place for you. We have saved you! Do you want to gobeneath the surface?" he threatened. People cowered at that. "You know it is thepoint of no return!"

"I think we're going off on atangenthere." A grey haired man seemed to appear out of nowhere with P90, a few grenades and looking very trigger-happy.

"Jack!" exclaimed Damion happily. They had come!

"Daniel," Jack acknowledged him. "Good work! Perhaps I should recruit you for undercover Black Ops," he said cheekily. The rest of SG-1 appeared followed by SG-2, 3, 5 and a couple other buff guys. "Let's get these people outta here!"

"Halt!" shouted the 'god' again as the people moved forward. "If you move we shall placethecurseon you!!" he intoned. "Your bloodlines shall run with theserpent's venom! You shall all die! Mwahahahahahahaha!!"

"And then what?" Jack challenged. "You'll have no more slaves! Who will you get to work for you then? Hmm? The faeries?"

The 'gods' paled. They had not thought of that. People all around followers and slaves alike started chattering excitedly.

Jack smiled. "I think I've started achain reactionhere," he commented, pleased with himself. "How many folks do you think there are?" he asked Daniel.

"Mmm.... about 2000.2010I'd say."

Jack nodded, storing the number away for later use. He continued with his pep talk. "You shall haveabsolute powerin your life. No one will control you!"

"The lightof hope shines brightly for you," Daniel eagerly put in his part, never one to be left out. His beloved Samantha had died but Jack thought that he was finally getting back into the groove of things.

"Yes," Jack laughed. "Listen to our linguisticprodigy."

The 'gods' were afraid. They were losing their followers and slaves to these strangers. Even their guard and army seemed swayed by their words. They had nothing left, for they couldn't grow produce or take care of themselves. Always, someone did it for them.

Jack shouted, "Leave this place! They are no gods!"

They finally bowed their heads in disgrace. "'Tis true," said the eldest. "We are but children. Children of false gods." Then they showed their true selves they were but a single man the devil himself. He had had his fun, now he would leave. He grinned manically then vanished in a puff of smoke.

His former followers and slaves and followers' slaves looked at each other with great sadness "How could we have let such anentityto invade our minds and allow us thisdoublejeopardy?" They shook their heads in pity for themselves.

"Let us leave," commanded an elder. And then, there was silentexodus.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Pagemaster