Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Day In The Life Of Sam Carter, A

by Olivia Motyer
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Day In The Life Of Sam Carter

A Day In The Life Of Sam Carter

by Olivia Motyer

Summary: This is my first fic so please be kind! Any feedback is desperately desired!
Category: Humor, Romance, Thoughts
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 06/12/03

BeepBeep....BeepBeep..........BeepBeep.......BeepBeep....... "Bugger Off," Sam grumbled, falling out of bed in her vain attempt to turn off the alarm. Great. Now she had stubbed her toe. Shit. "Oh well, I had to get up early anyway." Hang on. Since when is 9:25 early? Aaaah! OK, so she was late, with a broken toe, and now she really had to pee. "It's going to be a long day........"

The elevator opened to reveal Janet, Daniel and......ooh, those jeans.....those
muscles.....those arms......that smile........
"Hey Carter, watcha doin?"
"Uh......um....well...." OK Sam, this is the part where you talk, you know, that little

thing that you learnt when you were, say, ONE YEAR OLD!!! "Just heading for lunch. I'm starved after that meeting. You?" See, that wasn't so hard. Next, learning the alphabet! A, B, C..... "We're heading there too," Daniel joined in, "Hey, I found out something really

interesting this morning! Did you know that Egyptian priests in Cairo........"
.......D, E, F, this alphabet learning was a great way to distract Sam from the
delicious being standing right next to her, edging closer..........G, J, R........oh wow,
I can see through his shirt........Y, T, U.......hang on, I've gone wrong somewhere
here.........OK, I'll start again..... A, B, C...........

Well, she had saved the universe. Again. General Hammond had thanked her, and she had been let off work for the rest of the day, as thanks for saving them all. "Think I would have preferred a muffin basket," she grumbled, heading home.

"Look, this is your last warning, you slimy bastard!" Sam yelled at the wardrobe, pulling with all her might to try and open it. With one final yank she managed to open the door and reach in for her sweater. With a frustrated, but content sigh she put on the sweater, composing herself and trying to collect up the last remaining shreds of dignity she so dearly cherished, turning to leave the room. Then she turned back to face the wardrobe and warned it, "this isn't over..............."

"Now, the sausages are frying, the beer is open and the tv is on. Friday night here I come." Sam was just preparing her dinner when the doorbell rang. Typical. The first rest she gets, however unwanted, and that is the time that her new neighbour chooses to introduce herself. Sam had been expecting this visit for a while and now she gets it, just when she's planning to enjoy a night in with herself, revelling in her self-misery and misfortunes. "Oh, well, better answer it," she grumbled. The person on the other side of the door, however, was not who she was expecting. Oh, but if it were, then that would make life understandable, and gee, we wouldn't want that now would we, she reminded herself. The person Sam was now facing, while she was feeling the effects of the freezing cold outside, in a sweater and pyjama bottoms, was none other than her CO, ie. love of life. Huh. Life is rather strange sometimes.

Ten minutes and six burnt sausages later, (she had forgotten about them, what with all the fun she had freezing her arse off), and she and Jack were settled on the couch, beers held like comfort blankets, sharing the same nervous expression. She sighed. He coughed nervously. She started to twiddle her hair. He shifted his leg two centimetres from its original position. She sighed again. Well, this is fun. "So, uh, good job today Carter,"
"Thanks,"
"OK, I know it's a clich, but you gotta let me say this, just this once," Jack reasoned, a gleam in his eyes. "What wonderful weather we've been having lately!" Chuckling, Sam smiled. He always knows how to break the ice. "So, what are you here for Sir?"
"Well, apart from to get the opportunity to see you in your PJs," he flirted, "I wanted to ask you if you would go to this dinner thing with me that I've gotta go to, it's this

high school reunion....thing.....and I'd love it if you went with me."
"As in I would be your......

"Date, yes." He finished for her.
Huh. Interesting. She wondered what her answer was, and wondered how to put it. Ah hah, she new a way that always worked.
"Sure!"
Life could sometimes be surprisingly nice, all of a sudden.

Next Morning

BeepBeep......BeepBeep..........BeepBeep.......BeepBeep.......
"Why you son of a..........."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Olivia Motyer