Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

All I Want 2: To Protect Is As Good An Excuse As Any

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
To Protect Is As Good An Excuse As Any

To Protect Is As Good An Excuse As Any

by obsessed

TITLE: To Protect Is As Good An Excuse As Any
AUTHOR: obsessed
EMAIL:o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Angst, Romance
PAIRINGS: Daniel and Janet, Daniel and Sha're
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: All I Want Series number 2 (Where am I and how did I get here? is the first part)
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f relationship
SUMMERY: Daniel wakes up
STATUS: Stick a fork in me I'm done
ARCHIVE: This one
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hey okay, title's a little odd but if you think about it (once you've read it) it makes sense I swear! And some guys just cannot wake sleeping women. :o). Hi to all, esp. Miss Wendy and Spam :o). And feedback! You know you want to tell me what you think (even if it's to say I can't spell-all is helpful)

Daniel woke up slowly, his mind switching on first, registering the sunlight on his face and on his chest. He lay dozing for a few minutes, thinking about getting up, having a coffee. He rubbed his eyes and opened them then, looking around, he sat suddenly very awake. And then he realised coffee was not an option when it would probably help. Well, it would un-fog his mind. The sight before him, that had woke him quicker than he liked in the morning, was the two single beds on the opposite side of the room. And the people in those beds. His mind began to race as a hundred thoughts went through his mind at once. He was not at home and he was not anywhere he knew. He had no memory of the night before and the room had no door, there was no way out because the window was too small. What his mind focused on the most were the occupants of the two single beds at the end of the room. On the right side lay his wife Sha're, sleeping soundly and peacefully, looking innocent. And on the left lay Janet, an angel sleeping so beautifully, looking so sweet and.....He got out of the bed and stood between the two beds, between the two women. He looked back and forth between them between them, confused and slightly scared. What was happening? What had gone on the night before? He asked himself a million more questions but had no answers. He had no clue, nothing. He could stand there all day and get no where, all he was sure of was wherever he was he shouldn't be there and neither should they.

He looked out the window and saw a lot of trees. Jack will not be happy he thought then, Jack! and Sam and Teal'c!! He'd been so shocked by Janet and Sha're that he'd forgotten about them. They had to be around somewhere, they had to have come through the Stargate with him but this could all be a dream or a hallucination or mind control or......real. He didn't know which, besides mind control, he'd prefer. If it was real he was in danger, if it was a dream the Sha're would be Sha're and he didn't want that to end. But Janet was so close, looking so beautiful. He shook the conflict from his mind and looked around the rest of the room. Not that there was much to it. The single beds were about a foot or two from the end of the king size bed he had been sleeping in and about four foot apart, up against the walls. He felt around the walls looking for a hidden door but found no sign and soon his attention turned back to the sleeping women. If he woke Sha're would the Goa'uld inside her be present? If it was it may try and kill him and Janet and he couldn't risk it. If he woke Janet it wouldn't really solve much. She could continue sleeping in ignorant bliss of their current situation and he could go back sleep too and wait and see what happens. But if Sha're woke while they were asleep.....Janet would be first. Shaking his head in despair he went over to Janet and lifted the blanket form her. She wore a halter neck top and a long skirt, smiling to himself, distracted from his fear. He lifted her up and, carefully so not to wake her, carried her to the bed he was in and placed her in it. He got in beside her and pulled the covers up over them. At least if Sha're woke before him, she would come to the two of them together and chose to kill him first, giving him a chance to save Janet or giving her a chance to save herself.

He lay on his side, half looking at Janet, half watching Sha're and hoped with all hope that when he woke up he'd be in his own bed in his own apartment.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to obsessed