Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Better Than Being Alone

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Better Than Being Alone

Better Than Being Alone

by obsessed

EMAIL: oneillobsessed@yahoo.co.uk
SPOILERS: None that I can think of, anything past 2
SEASON / SEQUEL: This is Part 10 (wow) in the All I Want Series
CONTENT WARNINGS: None what so ever
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. I don't own Stargate, this lot do- Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. And I'm making no money. At all...
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Ooo oooh, another Janet and Daniel bit for ya, I'm getting somewhere, enjoy this, tell me about it and I'll shall be happy and joyous, and remember many things are better than being alone. Who's alone right now? Maybe they would appreciate your company?

Better Than Being Alone

Janet woke up and feeling arms around her smiled. She snuggled closer onto Daniel's chest and sighed happily. he adjusted his arms slightly, showing her he was awake and pulled her closer. He opened his eyes and looked down at her, feeling eyes on her, Janet kissed his bare chest, then looked back at him. He smiled and they didn't say anything for a little while, just looked.

"Morning" she said finally.

"Is it?" he asked looking around, then he realised the room was slightly different. The window was a little bigger and further away from them and there was now only one single bed at the end of the room, now positioned horizontally against the wall. In it was a smaller figure than Sha're hidden under the blankets. He reluctantly removed his arms from around Janet and shifted up into a sitting position. Janet sat up too and kissed him on the cheek before looking around. They both looked over at the bed ad the bump in it.

"That's new" she whispered, afraid to wake the sleeping figure.

"It's not Sha're" he whispered back. "I'll go look"

"Be careful" she whispered tenderly. He smiled and crawled across the bed. on his feet he stepped lightly over the short distance and peered at the bump. It was hidden completely by blankets. He waited a moment, unsure what to do, whether this was a danger to be faced or not. He leaned over and pulled away the blanket as gently as he could. As he did so the figure underneath shifted and her face exposed. Daniel gasped in shock, louder than he'd have liked and looked at Janet. She was staring right at him, confusion and fear all over her face.

"Janet...."he started, he didn't understand this.

"What?"

"Come see" he whispered. Slowly she climbed off the bed and made her way to his side. She peered over and gasped in shock as Daniel had before.

"Oh my word" she uttered. She pulled the blanket further away, with less fear than Daniel had, had to expose the sound asleep face of her daughter Cassie.

"What the hell is going on?" Daniel said. Janet didn't answer, all her attention on her daughter.

"Oh my poor baby" she said softly, stroking the girls hair. There were tears dried into her face, evidence she'd cried herself to sleep the night before, the night Janet had disappeared.

"At least she's not alone anymore" Daniel said.

"I guess" she said. She sat on the edge of the bed and watched her daughter, sleeping. Daniel moved to stand next to her and she felt for his hand. He took hers and squeezed it in support.

"I want to get out of here" she said.

"I'm working on it" he said. She smiled and looked at him for a moment, until Cassie moved again and mumbled something.

"Mum?"

"Hey sweetheart" Janet said softly. The girl turned and looked up at her. She scrambled to her knees to hug her mother tightly. Only then did she notice Daniel.

"Daniel?" she said. "What's going on? Mum where did you go?"

"It's hard to explain" Daniel said.

"Cass are you okay?"

"I was worried about you" the girl said not releasing her grip. "You just disappeared"

"I was taken, brought here."

"Where are we?"

"We're not sure" Cassie let go of her and sat down.

"How did we get here?"

"We're not sure"

"Where's the door.....we're not sure" she finished, she managed a smile. Daniel went over to the window and looked out.

"Has the view changed?"

"Nope, still trees, trees, trees"

"Let me see" Cassie got to her feet and looked down at herself. "What am I wearing? What are we wearing?" she was wearing the same outfit as her mother.

"We woke up dressed this way" she told her.

"This is really weird" she frowned and got onto the double bed to look at the trees. "Trees" she muttered in a Jack tone, Daniel almost laughed. Cassie flopped down onto the bed and sighed.

"This bed is nice" she said, she sat up and tried to smile but her face betrayed her, she was quite scared. Janet went over to her and put her arm around her, Daniel watched unsure how he could help, then looked around the room. There had to be doors, they had been moved into here somehow.

"Unless they have transporters" Janet said reading his mind. "Like the Goa'uld."

"Yeah" he chewed this over, looking up at the ceiling. "This isn't funny!!!"

"Daniel, don't get upset, it doesn't help"

"I know"

"Are we being watched Daniel?" Cassie asked.

"I feel like we are."

"You were right Daniel, at least Cassie is with us than on her own" Janet said pulling her daughter closer. She also held a hand out for Daniel to take and pulled him down onto the bed with them. Without thinking he kissed her on the cheek causing Cassie's eyes to pop wide open.

"What was that?"

"Er, ah, er"

"A kiss" Janet said.

"I know that, since how long have you two been kissing?"

"Since, since, we were in here" Daniel said. "Since I love your mum" he added, Janet smiled and they both looked for a reaction from Cassie.

"Well it's about time" she said.

"Excuse me?" Janet asked.

"Oh me and Sam talk about you two all the time, it deflects the conversation from her and Jack" she grinned.

"So you're happy?" she asked.

"Are you?" she said seriously.

"Very"

"Then me too" she smiled again. She got up to hug Daniel.

"I'll get you out of here Cass, both of you" he said.

"How?" she asked, still grinning.

"Give me a chance"

"How long was I away for honey?" Janet asked.

"I don't remember" she frowned. "I don't remember you going but I know you weren't there" she flopped back onto the bed dramatically.

"It's okay, we don't remember anything either" The three of them sat on the edge of the bed quietly looking around the room.

"I don't like it here mum" Cassie whispered. "I can feel eyes on me"

"It's okay" Janet said, the three proceeded to huddle together on the bed.

"They are suspicious."

"They are upset"

"If they get worse, it will ruin things, they may argue"

"If the girl is happy...."

"She is"

"Then lets begin"

to be continued.....

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to obsessed