Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Wild West, The

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Wild West

The Wild West

by obsessed

TITLE: The Wild West
AUTHOR: obsessed
EMAIL: o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Romance, Action/Adventure, humour (?), Crossover of sorts, Alternative universe
PAIRINGS: S/J and D/J
SPOILERS: Emancipation, Enigma, anything with Martouf and Jacob in it.
SEASON / SEQUEL: After the afore mention episodes.
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: A Swear word (one and used in front of a lady too) and kissing
SUMMERY: In a weird freaky world, SG-1 and co are in the Wild West
STATUS: Done
ARCHIVE: Yes
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. I don't own Stargate, this lot do- Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. And I'm making no money. At all...Nor do I own any sort of western
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Er this came to me listening to Kid Rocks Cowboy, the idea of Jack in a cowboy outfit just got hold of me. Think about, come on :). I apologize now for the way the west is depicted, my knowledge comes from Back To The Future 3 and Maverick and any time a show has done a dodgy Western dream thing. Enjoy and tell me what you think. Please

The Wild, Wild West back in the day

In a small town called Linkin Sheriff Hammond was packing his small suitcase with his deputy, Deputy Jackson, pacing nervously behind him. Every so often he would remove his glasses and polish them, brush his clothes down and spin the spurs on his boots. He'd then turn back to the sheriff with the same question he'd been asking all day.

"Are you sure you want to go?" he was really starting to get up the sheriff's nose. For the ninth time that day he stopped what he was doing to reassure the deputy that he would be fine while he was away.

"It's only a few days son" he said.

"But sheriff, I can't run this town. What if Wild Maybourne shows up or Apophis the Snake or....."

"Deputy Jackson you will you be quiet. You will be fine boy. All you have to do is do the rounds and let Simmons out on Tuesday. Another day or two is in order." They both looked across the room, through the door to the cell where Graham Simmons sat moping.

"Miss Carter again?" He asked.

"Who else" the sheriff said. Simmons glanced up momentarily, then went back to his moping. He spent three minutes hassling Miss Carter at the saloon and three days in the Linkin jail for his trouble. He was handled worse than he handled Miss Carter. He loved Miss Carter. Deputy Jackson smiled for a second, then began to worry again.

"I'm going Deputy" the sheriff said firmly. He shut his suitcase. "The coach leaves in five minutes, lock up behind me"

Deputy Jackson looked on hopelessly as his sheriff, the man who commanded all the respect in town, in every town, climbed into the coach. He unpinned his badge and passed it to the younger man. Deputy Jackson stared at it a question on his lips.

"I want it back deputy"

"Yes sir"

"Remember to feed Simmons"

"Yes sir" the driver cracked his whip and the horses began to move away, sending up dust as the coach left town. Deputy Jackson stood and watched him leaving, standing there long after he had disappeared from view, contemplating the trouble that was sure to arise while he was gone. It was not that he had no confidence, it was more a case of it had happened before. Finally he fed Simmons and went to Miss Carter's saloon to find solace and to make his presence known.

"Sarsaparilla please Miss Carter" she smiled and nodded towards her barman T.C. Deputy Jackson believed T.C would have at dealing with Linkin while the sheriff was away. Some people would look at the sheer size of the man, his unsmiling expression and leave. Miss Carter didn't mind, unfamiliar faces often meant bad news. T.C served him a drink and he thanked him.

"Excited to be in charge?"

"Not really Miss Carter"

"You are worried about Wild Maybourne" T.C said.

"A little C,. But don't let that out, I have to make it seen that I am a force to be reckoned with. Just as Sheriff Hammond is." Miss Carter gave him a dazzling smile in support.

"I'm sure there'll be no trouble made for you by the locals *sheriff* Jackson. If there is they'll be barred. Teal and I will make sure of that"

"Thankyou Miss Carter" she smiled again and leaned over the bar to kiss him. Deputy Jackson understood why the young blacksmith Simmons, and so many others in Linkin, were so fixated with her but he liked his women with darker hair. Darker hair like the Dr Quinn's nurse.

"Promotion Deputy Jackson?" he nearly fell off his stool in surprise. He turned and smiled at Dr Quinn's nurse.

"Miss Fraser" he took her hand and kissed it. "Good evening"

"Good evening Sheriff Jackson" she smiled back at him.

"Just for a few days. May I buy you a drink?"

"Why that's sweet sheriff but I only came in to check on Mr Carter"

"How is he?"

"He's much better today, he'll be up and around in no time Dr Quinn says. He has miraculous healing qualities" she smiled. "I should go, it was nice to see you Sheriff"

"Let me accompany you home Miss" he offered her his arm and she took it.

"Thankyou" she said. "Goodbye Samantha, Dr Quinn and I will be back tomorrow"

"Thankyou Janet" They got to the door of the saloon and were roughly shoved back by someone coming in.

"Excuse me!!!!!!! Do you have no manners? There is a lady present!!" Deputy Jackson cried. Then he saw who he had yelled at and went pale. Marty Fly looked at him with an emotionless glare, his two companions making sure their gun holsters were visible.

"I am so sorry Miss" Marty said taking off his hat and nodding once. "Apologize to the lady boys" both his companions quickly apologized to her. "Let me buy you a drink miss" he said taking her hand to kiss it. She pulled it away.

"No Thankyou sir, I was on my way home" she tightened her hold on Deputy Jackson's arm and, taking the hint, he led her outside.

"You should stay Sheriff, you need to watch him"

"And I will as soon as you are safe in your home Miss" she smiled and rewarded him with a kiss, changing the colour of his face from sheet white to tomato red.

In Miss Carter's saloon Marty Fly led his men up to the bar and smiled at her. His full name was Martouf, his mother was form a the Anasazi tribe of native Americans, his father was an outlaw waiting to be hanged for murder three towns away. Not that Marty cared much, he was busy with his own life of corruption, theft and violence. Always had been. He was called Fly because he quick at everything, shooting, poker, drinking. T.C took a protective step nearer to Miss Carter. He cared deeply for the woman, she had given him a much better life than he could've expected. Miss Carter never felt she did enough for him, he had saved her life.

"I heard the good Sheriff Hammond is out of town" Marty said.

"News travels fast" she said.

"So I thought I would take the opportunity to parchase of a drink in my favourite saloon, with the most beautiful lady in the land to serve me" he said smiling. She forced herself to smile back.

"I don't want no trouble, you hear?"

"Miss Carter, your words upset me. I promise you, my man and I will be the perfect gentleman" she nodded.

"What can I get you *gentleman*?"

"Three whiskeys please" he gave his men no choice in the matter and T.C served them.

"Still with us Mr C" Marty said.

"Indeed"

"What does T.C sand for? Or is it two foreign for even me to understand?"

"The T stands for Teal, the name my mother bestowed onto me. The C is for Carter, to honour Miss Carter for the opportunity she has given me" he said.

"Er, nice" Miss Carter smiled. The men took a table, leaving Miss Carter be.

"This is not good" she said.

Deputy Jackson returned and retook his seat at the bar, Miss Carter giving him a drink without him having to ask.

"Janet home safely?" she asked a small smile on her face.

"Yes Miss" he said with a little smile of his own. "Any trouble?"

"Not yet. They've been warned"

"Well as long as they're here, I'll be here Miss Carter"

"Thankyou sheriff" there was a swing of the saloon doors and everyone took a quick glance. Seeing a stranger stood there, everyone stopped to stare. Miss Cater looked up and saw the single most gorgeous man she'd ever seen this side of the west. He looked around the saloon, his eyes slowly coming to meet hers and he smiled tipping his hat. With a confident stride he walked up to the bar.

"Miss" he said politely. She smiled.

"What can I get you sir?"

"Whiskey please Miss.....?"

"Miss Carter" she said holding out her hand. He kissed it softly.

"Jack O'Neill"

"Jack-The Lad?" she asked.

"The very same miss" he grinned and she served him his drink.

"What brings you to Linkin Mr O'Neill"

"Just passing through Miss" he was interrupted by a pat on his back.

"Did I hear The Lad's voice? Did I see his face? Well I be" He looked over at Marty Fly.

"Marty Fly, I thought the sheriff of these parts ran you out a long time ago"

"He did. But he's away and I just couldn't keep myself away form the beautiful Miss Carter" she gave him a very convincing fake smile.

"That I can understand" The Lad said looking at her. She smiled for real and went a little red.

"Come join us for a game of poker" Marty said. He tipped his hat to Miss Carter and Jack did the same, a little reluctant to leave. "You know, Narim and____________"

"Yeah" he nodded politely.

"Have a seat"

Two hours into the game, The-Lad had lost $100 at the poker. He had taken the seat opposite the bar, where he could clearly see it and Miss Carter. His gaze wandered over to her every few minutes. Another 20 dollars down the drain and he threw in the towel. He gave his apologies to Marty Fly and, downing his whiskey, went over to the bar.

"Miss Carter, do you know of a place where I can get a room for a couple of evenings?" he asked.

"Just opposite Mr O'Neill, Tom's house"

"It's Jack miss, call me Jack" he said.

"Jack" she smiled.

"Thanks for your help miss" he tipped his hat to her and left the saloon, Miss Carter watching him go, a little grin on her lips.

Chucking out time came and only Marty and his boys remained. With T.C behind her and Deputy Jackson at the bar, she marched over and to their table and gave them her sweetest, sexiest smile.

"Time to drink up boys" she said. Marty looked up and smiled at her, downing his whiskey. Then he hit his men around the back of their heads.

"You heard the lady, drink up, it's time to go" he said. They did as ordered and stood up, leaving the bar, leaving Marty behind.

"May I say Miss Carter you are most beautiful"

"Thankyou"

"May I kiss your hand?" with a quick glance a T.C, she let him kiss her hand. "So beautiful" he smiled. "Goodnight Miss Carter"

"Goodnight" she watched him leave and sighed in relief. Her saloon was in one piece.

The next day Miss Carter walked through the town and heard someone call her voice. She turned to see Deputy Jackson running towards her. She stopped and smiled.

"Good morning Deputy" she said.

"Miss Carter" he nodded.

"Any trouble last night, Sheriff?"

"None what so ever miss, I watched Marty go straight to Tommy's place for some rooms" he said. "They've not risen as far as I'm aware"

"I'm just on my way to Dr Quinn's if you wish to accompany me" he smiled.

"I'd love to" she knew why he was so eager.

"Miss Carter" another voice said. She turned again and saw Jack-The-Lad coming towards them. She smiled. "Deputy" Deputy Jackson nodded.

"Jack" she said. "Good morning, sleep well?" he reached her and kissed her hand, making her blush.

"Yes thankyou. Was Marty any trouble last night? I'd hate to think he was after I left you"

"No he was fine. A little nicer to me than usual but he behaved"

"How do you know Marty, Mr O'Neill?" Deputy Jackson asked.

"We met during a poker match a few towns away. About a year ago. He's trouble that boy" they nodded. "I was wondering, on that note, if there is anything you need me to do at the saloon while he is here, you know, be a presence along with the good sheriff here, I am more than willing"

"That is sweet Jack, thankyou for the offer, I wouldn't like to trouble you"

"It would be no trouble Miss, my pleasure" she smiled.

"I would like your presence in the saloon, with my father being ill" she said.

"Sure thing Miss Carter"

"Miss Carter!" a voice cried out. She cringed, she was going to scream if she had to turn around anymore. Behind her was Marty, Nerim and___________. He ran over to her and kissed her hand. "You look beautiful this morning."

"Thankyou"

"The sunshine makes you look like an angel" he said. Jack frowned, he was right, he should have said that. Miss Carter didn't react to it though.

"Leave the lady be Marty" Jack said. Miss Carter smiled and took a step nearer him, emphasizing the point.

"Why should I Jack?" he asked fiercely.

"She does not want your attentions" he said.

"And she wants yours I guess"

"More than she wants yours, now leave her be" Marty stared at him, then pushed past him to get to Miss Carter.

"Miss Carter, sweet, Miss Carter." He tried to kiss her on the lips but she pushed him away. Jack took a swing and hit him square on the nose. Marty went reeling backwards, holding his nose. Composing himself, he rushed back to Jack and shoved into him.

"Noon" he said. "I will see you at noon. You will pay for this O'Neill" he glared at him and went off in search of his men.

"Shit" Jack said. "Excuse me Miss Carter, I apologize"

"That's okay Jack" she said.

"And I apologize for my conduct, I do not like to see a lady be harassed and I did not believe you wanted his advances"

"No" she smiled. "Thankyou Jack but now I am afraid you've gotten yourself into some bother" she said.

"I will sort him out, put him in jail for misconduct with a lady" Deputy Jackson said.

"No sir" Jack said. "He will only repay the debt another day. I shall finish this today"

"Then I was never here" he said smiling

"Are you sure you can win?" Miss Carter asked. He smiled

"I misspent my youth, Miss, I am a good shot"

"You'll have to be" the deputy said.

Two minutes to noon, Jack was pacing nervously by Miss Carter's saloon, where his supporters had gathered. T.C was sat on the porch with Miss Carter's father Jacob, Miss Fraser sat with Deputy Jackson. Miss Carter stood on the edge of the porch watching him. A group of spectators had scattered themselves around the meeting place, the news of a shootout, spreading like wildfire in the small town. Noon came, Marty appeared, his men standing back away while he came forward. Jack went to do the same when Miss Carter stopped him.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"I am Miss" she kissed him lightly on the lips.

"For luck"

"Thankyou" he stepped out into the road and faced Marty. They took a few steps nearer to one another so shots were easier to make, more lethal. The crowd watched on mesmerized as the two men stared at each other for an eternity, hands itching over their gun holsters, daring the other to make the first move. The tension was killing his supporters. Miss Carter gripped onto the porch, almost pulling it away and Miss Fraser tightened her grip on Deputy Jackson's hand. Jack rapped his fingers over his gun causing Marty to jump and make him a little uneasy. Jack was confident, he was a good shot, he'd spent a long time with a gun, he was good at tension, he could take it. Marty was a more violent man given half the chance. Knowing he had rattled him a little, Jack took his chance and went for his gun. With lightening speed, and a gasp form the crowd, he grabbed and raised his gun, fired and shot Marty Fly in the chest before he even had a chance to take his gun out of it's holster. He hit the ground and his men went to his side. Jack breathed out and threw his gun to the floor, Miss Carter ran up to him and put her arms around him, kissing him passionately.

"Well done Jack" she said breathlessly. With a smile and the tip of his hat, he kissed her hand.

"Thankyou Miss" he said a little out of breath himself. "Is that kiss my reward?" she raised an eyebrow and grinned. "I was thinking of a whiskey Miss"

"Samantha" she said before kissing him again. "How long do you plan to stay in Linkin for Jack?"

"Indefinitely Samantha" he said.

* * * *

Sheriff Hammond returned three days later and smiled happily at the fact the town was still standing. There was hope for his deputy yet he thought. Not finding him at the jailhouse he went to the Saloon knowing it to be The Deputy's favourite port of call, most days.

"Sheriff Hammond Sir, welcome home" Deputy Jackson said jumping up from his seat next to Miss Fraser.

"Thankyou son, good day Miss Fraser" he nodded politly.

"Sheriff" she said. Deputy Jackson smiled at her and unpinned the badge.

"There you go sir, how was your trip?" The sheriff repined his badge.

"My grandchildren have grown" he said. "How were things here?"

"Oh no trouble at all" he said smiling.

"All that worry over nothing"

"Exactly sir"

"Then explain to me why you still maneged to forget to let Simmons out"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk