Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

All I Want 8: The Grand Scale of Things

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Grand Scale of Things

The Grand Scale Of Things

by

obsessed

TITLE: The Grand Scale Of Things
AUTHOR: obsessed
EMAIL: o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack, series, whatever
PAIRINGS: Duh s/j
SPOILERS: None, oh COTG cause if you ain't seen the scientist thing is a mystery to ya
SEASON / SEQUEL: Part eight in All I Want Series
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: Er yes there is more than implication, it's talked about, not in great detail and how do I explain it. You know what I mean right ("cause I thought being a librarian and all........")
SUMMERY: Sam and Jack wake up after being put to sleep with an interesting memory
STATUS: Part 8 done my friends
ARCHIVE: This one
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. I don't own Stargate, this lot do- Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. And I'm making no money. At all...
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I am so so so so so so s os so so o s sorry for the predictability factor here, come on its so obvious. Anyway heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (in a welsh valley stylee) to all please tell me what you think and enjoy the images this may bring to mind. Or the images these words bring to mind- pims, nudity, strawberries and cream, Jack-in any order you like, there is plenty left over from Wimbledon. :-)

Jack fidgeted in the bed beside Sam but she didn't notice a thing, she too was in a deep, deep sleep. He let out a couple of moans as he shifted into various different positions. This went on for a couple of minutes until he moved completely across the bed and came into contact with Sam. The feel of her arm against his chest, brought him out of his unconscious world and he remembered something. Together they sat up straight in the bed suddenly very awake. They looked at each other in shock and scrambled away form each other. Over zealous to get away from Sam and the impending embarrassment, Jack moved backwards off the edge of the bed hitting the floor with a bump. Sam got to her knees and moved a little closer to the edge.

"S, Sir are you okay?" she asked, not sure if she wanted to look or not. He sat up and looked over the bed at her.

"I'm fine" he said. "I got some memory back, I think"

"I remember something, from last night, or our last sleeping period. That was *not* a dream but I"
"I swear that never happened" he said. "It feels so real" he remained on the floor. She stared at him, a single image on her mind. A very naked Jack O'Neill on top of her, kissing her.......She shook her head clear and Jack looked at her and she saw he was having the same problem.

"We didn't did we?" she asked.

"I can remember it so clearly" he said. "Every touch, every kiss, every sound................" He trailed off realising what he was saying. He remembered having slept with Sam but he didn't remember. It didn't feel right.

"I only remember the er, er, you know" Sam said. "Not actually why or how we came to the decision to, er, you know" she blushed bright red.

"Yeah" he said. They sat silently for a minute or two, Jack watched again as Sam came up with a reason. She was still a bright red colour and he had to wonder if she was thinking about the memory. It was so clear, Sam had been naked, kissing him. He'd seen her naked and now he couldn't believe his own memory. No matter how much he wanted to.

"Carter"

"Yeah" he finally stood to get back on the bed. He sat on the edge, facing her.

"Your mole" he said. She looked up at him. "It's, is it, er" he felt himself go red. In his mind he could be as dirty as hell with Sam but now she was here in front of him and the topic was open for discussion he couldn't say the words out loud. Any words. She looked at him in shook, thinking he knew, he'd seen. He looked around him, paranoid and leaned forward to whisper in her ear. She pulled away from him.

"Yeah it is" she said. She was going to be red all day.

"Then it happened" he said. There was more thinking as Sam tried to come up with some possibilities.

"We must have been drugged to put us to sleep. Because we weren't tired." She said.

"So we were drugged to make us have sex together" he said, not believing it. He wanted to believe Sam wanted him.

"Possibly or it could've been the effects of the food. It was the strangest colours"

"Okay"

"Or"

"You have more"

"Or it may not have happened at all. They"

"Whoever *they* are"

"They obviously have the technology and the access to our memories and minds because we can't remember how we got here"

"Yeah"

"So it could be a false memory" she said.

"Why?" he asked. "Why implant a false memory into our minds? Why go to the trouble of anything to get us to sleep together"

"No idea" she said.

"In fact why the hell are we here?" he was annoyed, he didn't even know how long he'd been here and he was being teased with possibly false memories. Don't do it, Sam thought, keep your mouth closed.

"Is it really so bad?" too late.

"What do you mean?" he asked. She hesitated.

"Never mind" she said.

"No come on Carter, what is it?"

"It's not important Colonel" she shrugged. "Hey maybe this is all one big dream"

"Interesting dream" he said. He lay back down on the bed. "Why do you think we're here Carter?" she shook her head and hugged her knees.

"Don't know. Maybe, maybe they want to study human behaviour"

"Like how a guy would react stuck in a strange room with a pretty woman?"

"Yeah" she blushed

"Why?"

"No idea"

"Maybe they're just playing with us" he said

"Maybe they're testing memory implants on us"

"Ever the scientist" he sighed. She smiled. "Which means they're probably watching us" they instinctively looked around the room.

"I wish we were anywhere else" she said. "I'd willingly be looked up in a dingy cell somewhere than be here"

"The surroundings or the company?"

"I don't like not knowing where I am" she said. "I don't mind that I'm with you" she smiled, still a little red. He smiled back.

"At least we have a nice memory to think about" he said, mentally kicking himself for not thinking first. He decided to grin it off. Sam smiled.

"Maybe they wanted to give us something we want" she said in a quiet voice, then any confidence she had faded away as quick as it came. "I want" she added quickly in a whisper.

"I want too" Sam found she was shaking nervously. He watched her, unsure what he should say next, how much more he should say. If she'd heard his words at all.

"Maybe it was real" she said still whispering. "No" she then said firmly.

"Sam" he said. She looked over at him. "Come here" she moved to sit next to him, then she lay down next to him, so she could meet his eyes. "Where is this conversation going?"

"We're being watched" she said absently.

"I know"

"I just totally avoided the subject didn't I" she grinned shyly.

"Yeah. We don't have to talk about it"

"We should" she said. "Or we could hide it for a few more years"

"I couldn't take the agony" he said. He noticed how they skimmed on the subject without having mentioned it. "I'm in love with you" he blurted out. "I was hoping for more romantic settings, *any* other settings. I love you Sam, scientist or not"

"I love you too" she said smiling. He nodded but knowing he was being watched, he was surer now than ever, he didn't make a move on her. He simply leaned across and kissed her quickly on the cheek. She understood the gesture.

"Do you care about regulations?" he asked.

"Not really, they don't stand for much in the grand scale of things. In the real world"

"Me neither. Any ideas on how to get out of here?"

"Not a one. But I'm not really in so much of a hurry now"

"Well I could wait for an hour or so" he said. She snuggled down in the bed as close to Jack as she could get without actually touching him.

"They are aware of our presence"

"They will go no further sir"

"This is far enough for testing"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk