Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

What a Man in Love Would Do 2

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
What A Man In Love Would Do 2

What A Man In Love Would Do 2

by obsessed

TITLE: What A Man In Love Would Do 2
AUTHOR: obsessed
EMAIL: o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Romance
PAIRINGS: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: Broca divide
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 2
RATING: PG-13 (if that)
CONTENT WARNINGS: None really
SUMMERY: A boring debriefing leads to fun on the notice board
STATUS: done
ARCHIVE: ask
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. I don't own Stargate, this lot do- Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. And I'm making no money. At all...
AUTHOR'S NOTES: It's not really a sequel, nor is it gonna be a series (you never know), just another story that sorta goes with the whole thought of the title and popped out me head during maths today, I think the way my lectures are heading there's gonna be a lot of little ones like this. Anyway tell me what you think, go on you know you want to, I always say thankyou, it helps me to right more, pretty please, pretty please with a jack on top.............

Jack had stopped listening to Daniel a long time ago. The archaeologist was going on about goodness knows what and as far as Jack was concerned it wasn't important. his pen was hovering over his notepad, having doodled a million drawings already since the debriefing began a half hour ago. it seemed like longer. Much longer. Opposite him Sam seemed to be taking in every word he said but when she glanced around, making eye contact with him, he saw a little twinkle and a tiny smile, showing she wasn't paying that much attention. She turned to face Daniel again and put on her 'I'm listening' face. She really did look interested, she was impressed. Jack knew he looked bored. Sighing inaudibly he turned to a clean page on his note pad. he looked around then let his eyes rest back on Sam. He let his pen hover a moment longer then began a quick list.

"There's something I think you should read on the notice board" Daniel said. Sam looked up from her papers at him.
"Daniel, hey"
"Hey"
"What's on the notice board?"
"Something you should read for yourself" he said. Sam nodded and got up.
"Ok?" she said a little confused.
Sam made her way down a level or two to the SGC main notice board and looked over the various bits and pieces until she came across the one she knew Daniel must've meant. On air force issue note paper, carefully printed in capital letters, in hand writing she was sure she recognised but she couldn't put her finger on it. She smiled, confused at first, unsure how to react, as she read:-
11 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SAM CARTER
1. HER HAIR
2. HER EYES
3. HER SMILE
4. HER LAUGH
5. THE WAY SHE CAN SO CONVINCINGLY LOOK LIKE SHE'S INTERESTED IN THE MOST MUNDANE THINGS
6. THE FACT SHE'S SO SMART
7. THE LOOK ON HER FACE WHEN SHE FALLS TO SLEEP IN HER LAB
8. THE LOOK OF WONDER ON HER FACE WHEN SHE FINDS NEW THINGS
9. THE FACT SHE LOOKS CUTE EVEN IN FATIGUES
10. THE WAY SHE LOOKS IN HER DRESS UNIFORM
11. THE WARMTH SHE RADIATES TO EVERYONE SHE KNOWS
Sam smiled, she was very flattered but was unsure about whether this could be a lone psycho or a real admirer. She knew there were lone psychos in the air force, she'd nearly married one, but there was something about it that made her think it was an admirer and there was something about that handwriting but in capitals it was hard to tell. She looked a little closer and smiled. it was flattering. Jack caught her looking as he rounded the corner and smiled. He liked the face he'd made her feel special, well he hoped he had. He watched for a moment or two more before walking off. Sam didn't notice a thing.

The next day Sam and Daniel wandered the past the notice board, the list about Sam still there. Daniel looked up at it but Sam did not, she knew it was and the writer was puzzling her. She kept waking but Daniel stopped.
"Hey Sam" he said
"Yeah?"
"There's a new one"
"A new what?" she asked, stopping and turning back
"Thing about you" he said. She stood by his side and read the new notice, again written in capitals.
5 REASONS WHY I LOVE HER SAM CARTER'S EYES
1. THEY ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COLOUR
2. THEY SHINE WHEN SHE SMILES
3. THEY TWINKLE WHEN SHE LAUGHS
4. THEY TWINKLE WHEN SHE DISCOVERS NEW THINGS
5. THEY BETRAY HOW SHE'S REALLY FEELING OR WHAT SHE'S REALLY THINKING
"Someone has it bad for you Sam" Daniel said, knowing exactly who it was.
"I know, I know that hand-writing but I can't put my finger on it" she growled in frustrated. "It's so annoying" Daniel smiled.
"Do you know who it is?"
"No, no I don't" he said
"Daniel" she said in a warning tone.
"Sam"
"Okay"

Jack planned to keep this going for a little while, he liked the way Sam smiled and blushed when she read what he wrote. He liked letting everyone on the base know how special she was, and how much he loved her without the base actually knowing. But the third day he slipped up and didn't realise. Sam didn't need to figure out the handwriting.
"Another?" she said as she glanced at the board in passing. The other two were still there, the new one next to them.
3 REASONS WHY SAM CARTER MAKES FATIGUES LOOK GOOD
1. THE SEAT OF HER TROUSERS CAN BE QUITE TIGHT
2. HER PACK PULLS HER SHIRT TIGHTER
3. I KNOW WHAT SHE WEARS UNDERNEATH, I'VE SEEN
She blushed bright red and hoped no one would walk by and see just how much. Someone definitely had it bad for her. She wished she could.....her thoughts stopped, she read the last one again.
"I know what she wears underneath, I've seen" she frowned. Who had seen? Seen her tank-top? Only one guy.........Colonel O'Neill.
"Oh my" she opened her mouth in shock, then smiled a wide smile, before running off.

The following morning a new list appeared on the board before Jack could put his new one up about Sam. It was written in pink ink, on standard air force note paper, Jack stood at the board, his list in his hand and stared at the notice.
9 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT JACK O'NEILL
1. HIS SENSE OF HUMOUR AND SARCASM
2. HIS SMILE
3. HIS CHOCOLATE BROWN EYES
4. HIS HAIR
5. THE FACT HE SOMETIMES DOESN'T UNDERSTAND A SINGLE WORD I SAY BUT DOESN'T HIDE IT
6. THE WAY HE CAN BE SO FLIPPANT WITH GENERAL HAMMOND AND OTHER SUPERIOR OFFICERS
7. THE WAY HE IS WITH CHILDREN
8. HIS DIPLOMATIC SKILLS!
9. HIS CUTE FLAT STOMACH
He smiled, he did know the handwriting, and he knew exactly how Sam wrote her Es and Is. Sam had wrote this about him, which meant she knew.
"You could only think of 9?" he said feeling a presence he knew was Sam behind him.
"Those are my favourite, I could've gone on forever" she smiled and turned to face her.
"How did you know?"
"Only one guy knows what I wear under my fatigues, *Jack*" she said
"Oops"
"Oops indeed"
"Do you really like my hair?" she nodded and reached up to run her fingers through it lightly. he smiled and she let her hand run down his face just as lightly. Her fingers brushed his lips and he kissed them. She moved forward and kissed him gently on the lips. He pulled her closer and deepened the kiss. They broke off for air and smiled at one another.
"Got a pen?" she asked.
"Er" he felt in his pockets and produced one "Yeah" she took it from him. He watched as she scratched out 9 from her list about him and wrote 10 in its place, then added a final point on her list.
10. THE WAY HE KISSES
"A-men" he said, kissing her on the lips. "I love you Sam Carter"
"I love you too Jack O'Neill"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to obsessed