Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dreams Can Come True

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dreams can come True

Dreams can come True

by Obsessed

TITLE: Dreams Can Come True
AUTHOR: Obsessed

EMAIL: o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk

CATEGORY: Sam and Jack, Romance,

SPOILERS: None I can see

SEASON / SEQUEL: Er, two I guess, Sam is a captain

RATING: PG-14

CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f relationship, sexual situations, a *mild* swear word

SUMMERY: Daniel's not happy at seeing into his friends minds

STATUS: Done
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. And the title has nothing to do with that Gabrielle song, I swear, I can't even remember half the words. Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is the first fic I ever finished, I'm terrible for starting things then not finishing them cause there's no where to go. And this took me ages to get round to typing up, don't know why.........? Anyway most of it is rubbish and predictable and a lot of it me lost in my little Jack world :o) Feedback please, please. Pretty please? With icing on top and a cherry (urgh, no thanx)

Sam could hear Jack grunting and panting before she could see him. The imagery was powerful, she smiled. She stood in the doorway and watched him beat the hell out of a boxing bag. It was obvious he'd been working hard for a long time, sweat drenched his vest making it cling to his chest, showing clearly the outline of his well defined muscles. Small beads of sweat ran down on his arms, his bare strong arms. They also ran down the back of his neck, gently down his neck. Involuntarily, her head went back so she was looking up. She shook the thoughts of Jack out of her head. She was here to find the Colonel, her CO.My CO, she repeated to herself.

"Sir" she called. He stopped punching and turned to face her fully. Sam swallowed, the vest was tighter than she thought.

"What's wrong Captain?" he asked when she didn't continue once she had his attention.

"Oh, er, General Hammond wants us in the briefing room in 15 minutes sir" she said.

"New mission?" he asked coming towards her, taking off the boxing gloves.He'll need a shower, she thought,I could *accidentally* walk in.

"Er, probably sir, I don't know" she said. Jack looked at her for a moment.

"You okay Carter?" he asked frowning.

"I'm fine Colonel" she said quickly. "I'd better go find Daniel" she added. He nodded and she walked away

and he found himself watching her legs as she did so. Covered up as she may have been, he'd seen her in less and in tighter outfits. He could picture them without trousers. He caught himself.

"Jack" he warned. He smiled and headed for the shower.

Despite Sam going to see him herself, Daniel was still late, as usual. Sam gave Jack beside her a small knowing smile.

"Sorry" Daniel said sitting down opposite Sam.

"Let's begin" General Hammond said. "New mission, PXb257's the next planet for you to go to. We are ready to send the MALP through now if you care to come through" he rose and SG-1 did the same immediately after and followed him through to the control room.

"Start the dial up" Hammond ordered. Sam stood as near as she could get to the computer screen and Jack stood behind her, as near to her as he could get. She noticed this, felt him almost pressed up against her and turned to look at him. He smiled and took the tiniest step back, to give her a little more room but she took the same tiny step back herself. She didn't look at him to see his reaction, or to give him any hint why she did it. Doing it was enough.

"Chevron seven is locked" Sam snapped back to the SGC and focused her mind on the now open Stargate and the MALP as it climbed up the ramp. She didn't know what was wrong with her today, her mind had been wandering since she woke up. She thought about that for a moment. She'd had a new dream the night before, a dream about Jack, and it was sitting at the back of her mind. Now it was at the front of her mind, she could remember the whole dream and it had been very niceand it could never happen,she thought.

Jack asked her to dance at a party in his home. It was the end of the night and everyone was ready to go home. Hardly anyone noticed them, most were drunk.

"Did you enjoy my party Carter?" he asked her.

"Yes sir" she said. She'd had a few drinks but she wasn't too bad. Jack was the same. He smiled at her, that sweet special smile he gave her so often and she found herself melting under his gaze.

"Dance this way Captain" he said, directing her out of the room, still dancing slowly. Once they were in the hallway he took her hand and led her up to his bedroom and inside he kissed her passionately, pushing her up against the wall. He broke off suddenly leaving her wanting more. A lot more.

"Don't move Sam" he whispered. Sam nodded and he went back out to his party. She was still in the same place when he returned and he smiled.

"All gone" he said. She smiled.

"Good" she whispered. He kissed her and pulled her over to his bed and.........

"Sam" she snapped back to reality and frowned at Daniel.

"Yeah?" she said.

"You okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine" she said.

"Then come look at this" he said. She nodded and joined Hammond, Jack (your CO, she reminded herself)and Teal'c at the monitor.

The MALP showed a big clearing around the Stargate and then some trees further on. The atmosphere was fine, the weather was okay and somewhere there was life. And then a tall stone statue. They had a MALP focus on it and saw symbols.

"They are not Goa'uld" Teal'c said.

"They're not anything, I don't know what they are" Daniel said.

"Then you should go take a closer look" Hammond said. "You have an hour"

They regrouped in the gate-room in full gear. Daniel was on time, Sam was still trying to focus on reality.

"Carter" Jack said. "Carter!" he repeated.

"Sir!" she said jumping.

"Are you ill or something Carter? Because if you are"

"Sir, I'm fine" she cut him off. "I was just thinking"

"About what?" he asked. She looked at him and he was grinning ever so slightly.

"Nothing sir" she said quickly.

The Stargate rippled in front of them and they waited until the gear had travelled through then, Jack led his team up the ramp. Sam went to follow him but Daniel put his hand on her shoulder to hold her back slightly.

"Are you sure you're okay Sam?" he asked. "You've not been with us all day"

"I'm fine Daniel" she tapped his hand, still on her shoulder. "Just a little asleep" she smiled.

"Okay" he said. "Let's go" he walked up the room and Sam followed and together they walked through the Stargate.

On the other side, Daniel was straight over to the statue, Jack and Teal'c began to look around the area, Jack muttering something about the trees as usual. Sam stood at the bottom of the steps until the scientist in her joined Daniel.

"These...are....old" Daniel was saying, rubbing his hand over the symbols. "I'm not sure what they are" Sam looked over them and walked around the statue. One symbol was not carved into the statue but was raised.

"Daniel, check this out" she said. He came around as she felt the symbol. It went into the stone and they both jumped back.

"Er" Daniel began as the top of the statue opened up and a beam them and over on to Jack and Teal'c. "Er Jack" He was already running back over to them with Teal'c on his heels.

"What did you do Daniel?"

"Nothing!"

"It was me sir" Sam said.

"Carter" he said as if scolding a small child. "What the hell was that?"

"No idea. Sam pressed this symbol, it was raised and it went into the statue"

There was some movement in the trees and they turned and aimed their weapons at them. Several men and women dressed all in yellow came towards them.

"Welcome visitors" one of the said, stepping ahead of the others. "Welcome to Adaya"

"Er, thankyou" Daniel said.

"I am Kita. Praise tell where have you travelled from?" she asked.

"From Earth, we're explorers" Daniel said. "I am Daniel Jackson, this is Colonel O'Neill, Captain Carter and Teal'c" he introduced.

"It is good to have us with you at this time. it is the festival of Sanness. Hence our dress." she smiled.

"Sanness?" Sam asked.

"The festival for our sun. Please come with us, to our town. Celebrate with us"

"We could learn a lot Jack" Daniel said just in case. He nodded

"Lets go" he said. "They seem friendly enough"

"Friends!" Kita said to her group. "Our visitors are coming to celebrate with us. Make our new friends welcome" the small group came up to them and linked arms with SG-1. Jack struggled to get to Sam who was immidiatly surrounded by three men from the group.

"E, Captain" he said.

"We should just, er, go with them sir. Do as they ask" she said.

"I" he started,I didn't mean that,he thought.

They walked through a little cluster of trees, led by the Adayans, to a small town that was decorated in yellow. Each house and building had yellow banners and ribbons over them and all the people wore yellow dress.

"How long is the festival?" Daniel asked.

"We celebrate for five days" Kita said.

"Do you have other festivals like this?" Sam asked.

"None as long as this" a male called Taden said, holding tightly onto her arm. He smiled as they came to the town square he let go of her and passed her to some women.

"Please, we will change your dress so you can all join our celebrations" Kita said. Jack looked over the clothes the men wore. Bright yellow trousers, yellow vests and a yellow sash around the waist. He would look more than stupid in that. But he looked at Sam and the women and what they were wearing. *Tight*, long, yellow dresses, that were quite low cut and had sashes around their waists. He smiled to himself and Sam gave him a slightly odd look.

"Very well" he said. They all looked surprised. "What?" he said.

"Nothing" Daniel said. "Let's change" Sam was pulled in the opposite direction to the guys and objected slightly at first.

"Er, Colonel" she called.

"Go with the flow Captain" he called back. "We'll see you in a bit" Sam resigned to this and let herself be led to a small house on one side of the square.

"I don't think I'm a yellow person" Daniel said as he changed into the clothes they had been given. Jack smiled at him, he had already changed and was looking over the food left for them.

"You think its okay to eat this stuff?" he asked. He was in a good mood and both Teal'c and Daniel found this odd. And highly suspicious. Teal'c glanced at him.

"Are you okay Jack? You seem like, well your in a strange mood" Jack turned around munching on some little sweets from the table.

"A strange mood?" he asked.

"Well, you don't mind that they wanted us to dress up and look stupid. You actually seemed pleased."

"Listen Daniel, I'm in a good mood okay? All we gotta do is put on some yellow gear and eat some food. I can hide in the back and you Carter can go talk with the Adayans" he said. "These are good" he offered some to Daniel and he took one and offered it Teal'c who did the same.

Across the square, Sam was looking at herself in a mirror. She felt ridiculous. She glanced over the food and picked up a couple of the little round sweets.

"What are these?" she asked Kita.

"Danson" she said. "You like? They're a part of the celebrations"

"They're nice" she smiled.

"Come out into the square and join your friends Captain Carter" she said, she took her hand and led her out into the square where a party was beginning. The others were sat on a wall of a garden. They were staring at her, fixated. Sam was back with the Mongols all over again. But then the Mongols never made Jack wear a tight yellow vest. She let out a sigh and a smile when she got nearer. It *was* tight and it did look good. The guys continued to stare.

"Nice dress Carter" Jack said eventually.

"Er, thankyou" sghe said. He smiled. "I like the, er, sashes." his smile disappeared. He shifted uncomfortably under her gaze and then it registered that she was looking at him.

"You gotta do your bit Captain" he said smiling. He picked up the bowl of sweets and offered her one.

"Does anyone know what these are?" Daniel asked.

"Danson. I asked Kita. Another part of the celebrations"

"Well they taste great" Jack said, taking another. "No drinking though. I'm not having a drunk SG team on my hands"

They got into the swing of the party eventually. Daniel did more dancing than talking and Tael'c asked a lot of questions about their culture for him. Sam and Jack remained on the wall.

"Care to dance Carter?" he asked suddenly. She looked at him.

"Why not?" she said. They got up to dance when a bell rang across the square. Jack frowned hoping to have held Sam.

"Friends" Kita said, standing on another wall. "Sunset comes" she said. she stepped down and the Adayans began to walk away from the town square.

"What's going on?" Jack asked.

"For each morning and night of the festival the Adayans watch the sunrise and set" Teal'c said. "From a cliff top"

"Oh cool" Jack said, trying to hide his disappointment. He *so* wanted to dance with Sam.

They walked with the Adayans to a cliff, a short walk away from town and sat down with them to watch the sunset.

"This is nice" Sam said.

"It makes a change doesn't it?" Daniel said.

"Have you never seen the sun set before Daniel Jackson?" Teal'c asked.

"I didn't...yes, I have but I didn't mean that"

"I know what you mean Danny. Its nice to be able to sit down and witness a beautiful event instead of the usual crap we so often encounter" Jack said.

"Exactly" Daniel said. Sam smiled at him and leaned back onto her elbows. Next to her Jack glanced over and smiled back.

The sun set and Adayans rose. SG-1 looked around and did the same. They stood and watched as they began to head back to town. Kita and Taden walked up to them.

"Come visitors" Kita said. "We have made you a place for you to sleep tonight. Tomorrow we will begin afresh with the celebrations."

"Tomorrow you will witness the Adaya sunrise" Taden said with a smile. Jack didn't like the way he was looking at Sam. "But now we sleep"

"Please, walk with us" Kita said.

They were taken to a house, Kita's home and into a large room. They looked around the room, there were three beds lined up on one side of the room. Kita took Sam's arm and led her t a long screen at the other end of the room.

"This is for you Captain Carter" she said. Behind the screen was a fourth bed. "Sari and I set up this room for you. Your things, your clothes are all here"

"Thankyou very much Kita" she said.

"Sleep well. We wake before sunrise" she said, then left the room. SG-1 looked around at each other and Jack shrugged.

"I guess we'd better get some sleep" Jack said.

"Yes sir" Sam said. They stood around looking around for a moment more, then she went around behind the screen and changed into the night clothes Kita had left for them all, very aware of the man on the other side. Well one man in particular. Jack was very aware of Sam on the other side changing.Mind out of the gutter Jackhe thought to himself.

"Er, goodnight" Daniel said. The others murmured the same and they went to sleep.

Carter had her dream again. Jack took her into his room and made love to her. She woke the next morning with a smile on her face.

"Whoa!" Daniel said sitting up straight in his bed. Teal'c and Jack looked over at him. Sam put her head around the screen at them.

"Are you okay Daniel?" she asked. The room was dark and she could only make out his figure.

"No. Definitely not. I had, er, I had the strangest dream" he said. Kita interrupted them coming into the room.

"Good morning." she said. "I bring you a lantern so you may see the change"

"Thankyou" the room was lit up and Jack was clearly smiling. Kita left the room.

"What did you dream Daniel Jackson?" Teal'c asked. Daniel looked at each one of them with an embarrassed look on his face.

"I'd rather not" he said.

"Aw come on Daniel" Jack said.

"Okay, okay for some strange weird reason, I dreamt about Jack and Sam, er, er" he stopped. "Jack and Sam..." he trailed off unable to say the words. Jack looked at him a little worried, Daniel looked at him. "Do you see where this is going?" he asked Jack. "You and Sam, making love" he went bright, bright, bright red. He looked at Jack, then at Sam, then back again.

"Did you guys have the same dream or something?" he asked. Sam slipped behind her screen to change.

"Maybe we should get dressed. "She said, blatantly avoiding the question. "For sunrise"

"No, I mean did you ream the same? At a party, at Jacks" Daniel asked again.

"Fine. Yes" Jack said. "I had the exact same dream" he admitted reluctantly.

"Sam" Daniel asked. There was no answer.

"Carter?"

"Yes sir. I had the same dream" she said. "Are you changed yet?"

"Yeah" they said. She looked out and then stepped out.

"It is time to leave" Kita said

SG-1 walked with the Adayans to the cliff. Sam avoided Jack as much as she could, embarrassed he had shared *her* dream.

"How can the three of us have had the same dream?" Jack said. He'd liked the dream, oh yes, but he didn't like the fact that now Daniel and more importantly Sam had experience of what he dreamt about, when Sam was in his dreams and through conversation Teal'c knew too.

"And whose dream was it?" Daniel said. "Cause I'm not one for dreaming about my friends having sex" he glanced at Jack and Sam who were too quick to shrug it off.

"I'm more concerned about the fact we *all* dreamt it." sam said trying to avoid that subject. "I mean its not possible"

"Listen kids, we'll watch the sunrise, have some breakfast and head home. We can have the doc check us all over" Jack said. "Maybe can come up with a thought or two"

"Explain it?" Daniel said. "I hope so. No offence guys but seeing you two have sex was not one the nicest dreams I've had for a long time" Both Jack and Sam couldn't help but smile and looked away from the others.

They watched the sunrise in uncomfortable silence. Teal'c was the only one who watched the whole event. Daniel glanced at Jack and Sam from time to time either side of him. Jack would glance at Sam and she would do the same with him. Afterwards they changed back into their gear and stood in the town centre with Kita.

"We noticed how much you and your friends enjoyed these sweets" she said handing Jack a large bag of the Danson.

"Thankyou very much" he said.

"You must eat them before the festival is over or they will not taste as sweet" she smiled.

"Will do"

"Will you be okay walking to the circle alone?" Taden asked coming to stand by Sam's side.Gimp,Jack thought.

"We'll be fine thankyou Taden"Dam she remembered his name.He nodded and smiled at her and at Jack.

"Thankyou for your hospitality"

"You are always on Adaya" Kita said.

The first thing SG-1 did when they got back was to have Janet check them out. General Hammond came in and looked at his best team being tested by Janet's nurses having come home early.

"What's wrong with you all?" he asked.

"Well sir, we all experienced something odd last night." Jack said, glaring at Daniel to keep his mouth shut. "We all had the same dream"

"With the exception of Teal'c. But he doesn't sleep" Daniel said.

"We were hoping Dr Fraser could explain it" Sam put in. Daniel had no more to say on the subject.

"I'll try my best"

Janet tested Teal'c and Daniel first and let them go change. Jack and Sam sat on beds opposite each other waiting for her or a nurse to come and take some blood and scan their brains. They were alone together.

"So" Jack said. "Whose dream was it?" Sam looked at him and shifted uncomfortably, embarrassed. "Obviously not Daniel's"

"Obviously" she said. He smiled at her and she dipped her head.

"Sam" he said. She looked up at him and she was smiling, her face red.

"It was my dream" she admitted. "I had it last night and the night before"

"Do you have dreams like that a lot?" there was a glint in his eyes and he was grinning in. Sam went even brighter red.

"Okay let's get you two tested" Janet said coming back into the room. She looked at the two of them and their embarrassed looks and smiled.

Janet looked over the test results with Sam beside her

"Something's defiantly in your system" she said. "And its affecting your brain but I'm not sure how or what to do about it. Yet" Sam let out a yawn and instantly tried to hide it. "You should get some sleep"

"No way. Not after last night"

"Sam"

"He knows! He knows it was my dream"

"Then why did you tell him?"

"Oh I couldn't help myself" Janet smiled.
"I'm going to get some coffee. Do you want some?"
"No, I'm going to get some sleep" Sam made a face and left the infirmary.

She saw Jack heading towards her and went to turn away but didn't have the time. He smiled at her.

"Carter you looked tired" he said.

"I am sir but I don't feel much like sleeping" she blushed slightly.Dammit, she thought to herself.

"Me neither."That's a lie but if I dream of Sam, she'll know."Wanna sweet?"

"Oh yeah" she took one and smiled again. "I was just on my way to get coffee" he heard the offer in her voice.

"And I would love to join you Carter but I'm on my way to find Daniel"

"I'll doubt he'll want to sleep either"

With her coffee by her side Sam sat on a bed in the infirmary with the notes on the chemical in their systems. She'd been up for hours working on this, Janet had gone to sleep long ago but she didn't want to go to sleep. Not if she was going to be dreaming of Jack again. But she was weakening, she was tired and it soon becoming the early hours of the morning.

Daniel was looking over the Adayans symbols he'd recorded on the way back. He'd been searching all night for a similarity with an Earth culture. He was sure it was there, but he'd look her hundreds and hundreds of symbols and he'd probably missed it long ago.

In his office, on his sofa Jack was re-reading his report. He'd done all his paperwork and to check it was just something to do to keep him awake. It wasn't working, he couldn't make out the words of even the letters anymore. He slowly, involuntarily closed his eyes and fell to sleep, letting his report fall to the floor.

Sam rested her head back against the wall.I'll just close my eyes for a moment,she told herself. She didn't open them again and fell into a deep sleep.

Daniel looked over another hundred symbols on the computer screen and his eyes began to close. His head fell forward onto the keyboard with a bang.

Sam was wearing that yellow dress. She was in the locker room and Jack walked in on her. She smiled at him.

"Colonel" she said, with that sweet, innocent but very, very, very sexy smile.

"Going somewhere nice Carter?" he asked, looking her up and down. She didn't shift uncomfortably as she normally would in reality, she blush at all. In the dream world she didn't hide the fact she liked him checking her out.

"No sir" she said. She went up to him and touched his chest and moved forward so he was being backed up into the lockers. "Sir" she kissed him , pushing him up against the locker, her body pressed up against hard against him. He smiled.

"Sam" he said, flipping her over so he was pressing his body up against her. He kissed her neck and shoulder and lifted up the strap of the dress and slowly began to pull it down.

"Colonel!" a voice called followed by loud banging. "Colonel O'Neill!"

"Dammit!" Jack cried sitting up. He looked around and seeing his office, he realised he'd fallen to sleep. "Dam" he got up and pulled the door open hard, glaring at Lt Simmons who stood there. Simmons took a frightened step back.

"Whoa!" Daniel said sitting up suddenly very awake. "Whoa!" he repeated. He got up, shook his head and left the office.

Sam sat up straight and smiled slightly. That had not been her dream, definitely not she could tell. But it was nice. Daniel came storming in and glared at her.

"Was that you?" he asked.

"What?"

"The dream, with the locker room and the yellow dress" she shook her head.

"Not guilty. I swear"

Jack saw them in the infirmary and hesitated before going in. Obviously they had shared the dream. His dream, it had to be, only he had been so focused on the dress. He went in and offered them all a sweet . Sam shyly took one.

"Jack" Daniel said after no one brought up the subject. Jack looked at him.

"What?" he asked. "Okay, I dreamt it okay" he avoided looking at Sam but smiled slightly.

"We have to stop this. We can't stay awake and I do not ant to dream about you guys again."

"Maybe we'll get to experience one of your dreams next Daniel" Sam said.

"That's a scary thought"

"Hey! God, yeah, we have to stop this. Now"

"Something on Adaya" Sam started, looking at the bag of sweets. "Danson" There was a look of realisation on their faces.

"I think we should go see our new friends on Adaya" Jack said, dropping the sweets in the bin.

They walked into the town square and looked around for Kita among the celebrating Adayans.

"Friends, you return so soon. Come and change" Taden cried.

"We're not staying" Jack said. "The Danson, what do they do?"

"They are special sweets for Sanness. So those close to you can share your dreams. It is a wonderful experience, for you can share in what you dream what you want most." Jack and Sam glanced at each other quickly.

"That kinda makes a lot of sense" Daniel said, thinking how much he wanted Jack and Sam to get together.

"No offence Taden, but some things should not be shared." Sam said.

"How do we stop it?"

"I do not know, no one has ever wanted to before Sanness is complete. It ends with the fifth sunset."

"I can't wait that long"

"Maybe Kita can help" he led them through the crowd. "Kita, Kita our friends return. But they do not like the effects of the Danson." he said seeing her.

"It's a lovely idea but dreams can be *very* private" Sam said.

"I understand. It is hard to adjust to"

"Basically we want to stop it" Jack said getting impatient.

"Of course, of course. Please follow"

"Thankyou Kita"

Back at the SGC, Daniel went straight to bed, safe in hope that he wouldn't have share any of Sam or Jack's dreams anymore. One was enough, two was too much. Jack had waited for Sam to come out of the locker room, despite his dream.

"Sir" she said in surprise as she walked right into him. He smiled.

"Just checking up on you Captain, makin sure you're okay" he said.

"I'm fine sir. Just a little tired"

"Do you think we should talk about this?"

"Talk how?"

"Well how about an answer to my earlier question. Do you have dreams like that a lot?" she looked around. "It's four in the morning, no one's coming by"

"I do, from time to time" she admitted going bright red. He smiled.

"Me too"

"Some dreams should stay dreams Jack"

"But I love you"

"You love me?"

"Yeah"

"I love you too" the words were almost a whisper.

"There you go. Kita said we share dreams of what we want. And we both the same thing"

"Not to be court martialed" she said, with a grin. She looked around her again and took his hand. He smiled. She opened the locker room door and led him inside. the second the door was shut she kissed him full on the lips.

"It's four in the morning. No ones going to want to come in" she said Still holding her hand he locked the door.

"Just in case" he kissed her and backed her into a locker. "I wish you had that yellow dress" he whispered. "Why? You were only going to take it off"

The End..............You can imagine the rest.............

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk