Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

What A Man In Love Would Do 3

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
What A Man In Love Would Do 3

What A Man In Love Would Do 3

by obsessed

EMAIL: oneillobsessed@yahoo.co.uk
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Any thing after Cassie
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. I don't own Stargate, this lot do- Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. And I'm making no money. At all...
AUTHOR'S NOTES: It's not really a sequel, like the second one wasn't. Just a story where something happens due to the same theme as before. It just came out cause I've been so ill and I want someone to look after me (insert sympathy here.......). Anyway, enjoy and tell me what you think, please, please, this really hurt my head to type up.

What A Man In Love Would Do 3

Jack sauntered into the debriefing room a smile on his face. He looked around the room at Daniel and Teal'c and took a seat, a huge smile still on his face.

"Good morning!!" he said cheerfully.

"You're very happy this morning." Daniel said.

"No more than usual"

"I do not believe so O'Neill" Teal'c put in.

"Yeah what happened?"

"Nothing" Jack said. "Maybe I just got out of the right said of the bed"

"Yeah right, whose bed?" Jack continued to smile. What Daniel didn't know was exactly what was going on in Jack's head. He was still reeling over a smile Sam had given him the other day. She'd made a joke about some science thing and Jack had not only got it but had found it funny as well. Sam had smiled, pleased with him. Very pleased with him. That had made him happy for 4 days now. That smile. To top it off Jack had had a very nice dream last night. Nothing dirty, for some bizarre reason those sorts of dreams were rare for him no matter how attractive he found Sam. his dream had simply been the idea of what could be between them and it was enough Jack. He woke up a happy man.

"Really Daniel, nothing's happened" he said. "Where's Carter?"

"I don't know" Daniel said

"She's ill" General Hammond said walking into the room.

"What's wrong?" Jack asked, clear concern on her face.

"Flu, I'm afraid" he said. "You've all been given at least a weeks downtime"

"Thankyou sir" Daniel said.

"Can we go?" Jack asked. Hammond looked at him, angry at first but seeing the concern on man's face he smiled.

"Dismissed" he said. Jack jumped up from his chair like he'd been electrocuted and left the room. he was out of the building before Daniel even had a chance to ask him where he was going.

Sam groaned when she heard her doorbell. She looked around trying to make her head work and clambered out of bed. Aware she only had a vest top and underwear on, she pulled on her dressing gown, all the while her head and body engaged in a painful screaming match. She stumbled down the stairs and opened the door without thinking to look out the glass.

"Hey Sam" Jack said, then he saw how ill she was. She wasn't really looking at him, her eyes glazed over.

"Sir?" she said.

"Come on Sam, lets put you back to bed" he said, he shut the door and put the bag of shopping down in the hallway.

"Sir, I'm fine" she said. He smiled and picked her up. She opened her mouth to protest. "No arguments" he said.

"Aye, aye sir" she said.

He carried her upstairs and put her in bed and pulled the covers up to her chin. She settled into bed, getting comfortable again.

"What are you doing here sir?"

"I came to see how you were. Now I'm going to stay to look after you"

"I don't need looking after" she croaked out.

"I don't believe you" she sighed

"A glass of water would be nice. My throats getting bad"

"No problem Sam. Anything else you want? Can you eat?"

"I risked eating yesterday and it didn't go down to well. Stay down too well" he smiled, concerned but amused.

"Maybe later" she began to cough violently. "I'll get that water."

"Thankyou" she whispered.

Two days later Daniel knocked loudly on Sam's door and leaned against the wall, prepared to wait for an ill Sam to get out of bed and to the door. He jumped out of his skin when the door flew open and Jack stood there glaring at him.

"Do you have to be so loud?" he hissed. "Sam's asleep"

"Sorry, I didn't, didn't know" he said. "What are you doing here Jack?"

"Looking after Sam" he said letting Daniel into her house.

"Why?"

"Because she's ill" he said.

"How ill?" Daniel asked.

"Her head hurts, her body aches, she can't eat much and she's coughing and sniffing"

"Not good" he said.

"I'll go see if she's awake and fit for visitors"

"Visitors?" Daniel asked. "What? Have you officially became nurse-maid now?" Jack answered with a glare and led Daniel upstairs.

He knocked on Sam's door and waited until he heard a muffled groan form inside.

"Carter you decent?" he asked. "Daniel's here to see you"

"Come in" she groaned again before embarking on a coffin fit. He rushed inside and put the tea he was holding on her cabinet. He then sat next to her to help her sip on some water.

"Thankyou sir" she said. She smiled, eyes a little hazy from sleep.

"I made you some lemon tea"

"Thanks" she smiled at him, then looked around at him at Daniel. "Hey Daniel" she croaked. She took hold of Jack's arm and he helped her to sit up.

"Hey Sam how you feeling?"

"Better than yesterday. Thanks to Jack"

"Jack?" Daniel asked before thinking.

"It's a bit easier to say" Jack explained. Sam nodded but only managed to make her head throb.

"You'll be okay. I came to see if you needed but I guess Jack's got it covered."

"I'm okay"

"Plus Janet and cassie want to come over"

"Maybe in a day or two" she said. "What do you think?"

"It's up to you Sam. When you feel up to it"

"Okay" Sam smiled.

A week later Daniel knocked on Sam's door, with Janet and Cassie in tow. Jack answered quickly, smiling.

"Come on in" he said brightly.

"Hey Jack" Cassie said.

"Cass, how you doing?" he hugged her tightly.

"I'm okay, how's Sam?" she asked.

"Much better, eating and she's stopped coughing" he said leading them into the house. They heard a bell tinkle from upstairs.

"Excuse me, Sam wants me, take a seat" he ran upstairs and into Sam's room.

"How can I help?" he asked brightly. Sam was touched at how cheerful he was even though he'd been up and down her stairs a million times.

"I need some help down the stairs, so I can sit with Cassie"

"You sure" she nodded.

Downstairs, Daniel and Janet were hunched up together on the sofa, talking.

"Did you see that?" Ajent asked.

"He's been here since he found out she was ill"

"Really? Is he sleeping here?"

"I don't know, I bet he was" Cassie watched them smiling. She was about to say something when Sam came down the stairs with Jack holding her arm gently.

"Hey Sam" Cassie said running up to her and helping her.

"Cassie" Sam smiled.

"How you feeling?"

"Much, much better. Do I look ok?"

"You look gorgeous" Cassie said grinning "I bought you biscuits"

"Oh thanks" Sam sat down with Janet on the sofa.

"And I got a present for Jack too, for looking after you" she said. She took his hand and pulled him into the kitchen. On the counter sat a six pack of beer. He smiled.

"Thanks"

"Daniel went and got them for me"

"What is it with him, alcohol and kids?!" he said. She giggled and could hear Sam laughing too.

"Is she really better Jack? Cassie asked. "Really?"

"She's okay Cass, don't worry about her, another couple of days and she'll be fine" she smiled and nodded.

"Why are you looking after her?"

"Everyone needs someone to look after them. And Sam needs me" he smiled.

Another week passed before Sam was deemed fit to go back to work. Sam walked into the debriefing room and took the seat next to Jack, smiling at him.

"I didn't get a chance to thank you before you went home" she said.

"No thanks needed Sam, my pleasure"

"Thankyou anyway" she smiled still "It was really good of you"

"I couldn't see you be ill alone, I could never see you suffer." he smiled softly hoping she'd understand how much he meant it. "Anytime you need me"

"Thankyou"

end

neillobsessed">www.geocities.com/oneillobsessed

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to obsessed