Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

All I Want 5: Slow on the Uptake

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Slow on the Uptake

Slow on the Uptake

by Obsessed

TITLE: Slow On The Uptake
AUTHOR: obsessed

EMAIL: o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk

CATEGORY: Sam and Jack, Romance, humour (I think)

SPOILERS: Tiny one for Solitudes

SEASON / SEQUEL: Fifth in All I Want Series

RATING: PG-13

CONTENT WARNINGS: accidental m/f stuff, pitch black darkness (if you're scared of the dark that is)

SUMMARY: Sam and Jack try to figure things out

STATUS: Done
ARCHIVE: This one
DISCLAIMER: Here's the deal, I love Stargate, really I do but in no way do I own it, I forget who does (it's a long list) I'm just BORROWING it. Please don't sue, I have no money.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hellooooooooooooooooo. Part 5 done. Is this predictable? Please I need to know what you think for further instalments. Come on you know you wanna tell me :o) Now I sound needy and pathetic.........whoa don't all rush to disagree at once!!

Jack sat back up against the wall, spread out across the bed, Sam still sat at his feet on the end. He watched her as she sat thinking away. She could be daydreaming for all he knew but he could see something, like the cogs in her mind were moving. Thinking of a way out or the reason they were in? He smiled, the reason simply her being there. He was about to say something when the room went dark, the window was blacked out and they heard something. Something open.

"Hey!!" Jack cried. "What the hell is going on?" he jumped up and got to his feet, standing on the bed, almost falling in the dark. "Hey!" the window became clear and the room lit up. On the floor were two trays of what they assumed was food.

"Hey, hey!!! Who the hell are you?! What he hell is going on!!!"

"Sir I don't think shouting will help much" Sam said. he looked down at her.

"Sorry." he breathed. "I don't like being stuck in here like this" he said stepping off the bed.

"I'm that bad huh?"

"No, Carter, sorry. I like the company, I just don't like...."

"The surroundings?" she suggested.

"Better than ice. It's the no door thing I hate. That and, well, no TV" she laughed and he smiled. "Lets see what they left us" she passed him a tray and he sat down. She took the other and sat down beside him. He smiled at her. The food was a plate of odd blue and yellow vegetables and something that could've passed as bread. If it wasn't orange.

"Looks......interesting"

"Hmm. Wanna go first sir?"

"Not really. As the scientist I think you should"

"You're the ranking officer"

"Which means I can tell you what to do"

"Which means you should be responsible for me and my welfare......sir"

"Which means you shouldn't be so dam cheeky Carter"

"Yes sir"

"Now eat ya dam food" he said taking a bite of his own.

"Yes sir"

"And pack it in"

"Yes sir" she grinned and ate her food.

"So any thoughts on why we're in here, us, or the clothes, or" he stopped.

"Well, this is all based on someone kidnapping us but the clothes are probably some sort of national dress maybe or some ritual thing"

"Some ritual thing"

"Yeah and as for you and me it could be you as the leader and me your second in command, or the only female of the team or it could be just the first two they came to"

"Or eeney meeny miney mo?"

"Yeah"

They finished and put the trays on the floor. The room began to dim, slowly. Sam turned and looked out the window, the sun was still high in the sky but the room was definitely getting darker. She watched and looked again, the window was getting darker, actually changing colour. It wasn't blacked out quickly like before but gradually. Through the dimmed glass the sunlight made the room glow orange. Jack was watching to, she got up and touched the glass, trying to see where the change was being made. She looked at Jack, unsure what to say. He came and knelt on her left to watch the widow change. Soon it was completely black and the room was too. Sam couldn't see Jack beside her, she could only his presence. They stayed where they were for a moment thinking. They weren't really getting anywhere and now they couldn't see a thing.

"Bed time?" Jack asked. She smiled. "That wasn't a joke Carter" he said.

"How did you" she stopped. "We've not been awake that long have we?"

"I don't think so. But maybe, if we were kidnapped, they have different sleep patterns"

"Yeah" Sam was impressed "Or it's a subtle order to get us to go to sleep"

"Maybe we should. Maybe we'll remember more when we wake up" they moved towards the top end of the bed, Sam moving first and a little ahead of him and she bumped into him, her hands hitting his chest. With the smallest of smiles she moved away.

"Sorry" he was grinning, he knew she was blushing.

"No problem"

They felt along the wall until they came to the corner and Jack stood up to move to the other side of the bed. The side he'd woken up in and bumped into Sam, knocking her over and felling himself. He landed on top of her, inches away from her face. He could fell her breathing. She giggled.

"Sorry" he said softly, smiling.

"That's okay" reluctantly he rolled over onto his back and they lay side by side, silently.

"I'm not really tired" he said.

"Me neither"

"Maybe we should have a go at trying to remember what happened"

"Well I don't really remember still"

"What do you remember, before you woke up?"

"Nothing. No well I remember, I remember sitting in the infirmary" she said. "Talking to Janet about yo...about something"

"Anything else?"

"No" she sighed.

"Well I remember.........nothing"

"Frustrating isn't it?" he nodded and moved on his side, touching her leg accidentally. he moved it quickly, embarrassed.

"Sorry"

"That's okay"

"Reminds me of when I was a kid and had friends over"

"Whispering in the dark" she giggled. "Come on sir, what else do you remember?"

"Nothing. I don't remember the briefing or going through the gate"

"I remember going through the gate but I don't remember coming out the other side" she yawned.

"Tired?"

"No" she yawned again causing Jack to yawn.

"Me neither" he said. She closed her eyes, not feeling tired but feeling she must sleep.

"Sam" he said. She didn't answer. He yawned. "Carter" he closed his own eyes and fell to sleep.

"They are slow on the uptake"
"They are not aware"

"Maybe we were wrong"

"Maybe we should take another look"

"They are asleep"

"She remembers"

"She has something in her, like the other"

"Can you see into the other?"

"Not yet, his symbiot protects him too well. But we will"

"The leader got angry with us"

"He does not understand"

"We will look again"

to be continued.............

Feedbaaaaaccckkk (lone brummie at he back)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk