Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Pink Hair and Roses

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Pink Hair and Roses

Pink Hair and Roses

by obsessed

TITLE: Pink Hair and Roses
AUTHOR: obsessed
EMAIL:o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Romance, Humour (attempted)
PAIRINGS: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Sequel to Three Minutes Of Extra Time
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f relationship
SUMMERY: SG-1 are back in England and off to a club
STATUS: Stick a fork in me I'm done
ARCHIVE: This one
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. Nor do I own Crazy Town's Butterfly or Limp Bizkit.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Please don't hurt me. I mean no offence to no one. Honest, I promise. Er, there's more of this to come (in time). Tell me what you think. This is in the memory of the former premiership football team Coventry City Football Club. Division One here we come. Tell us what you think. Oh I'm sure some of it's funny somewhere but I'll be dammed if I can see it.

Major Martin Clark of the RAF greeted his old friend with a hard hug and slap on the back. Jack grinned at him and threw his case for him to catch.

"How you doin' Tinno?" he asked.

"I'm fine Jack, it's good to see you all again"

"It's good of you to let us stay again" Sam said, getting out of the cab behind Daniel and Teal'c.

"It's my pleasure Sam" he said kissing her hand and ignoring Jack's glare. He smiled at them both and shook Daniel and Teal'cs hands. "Come on in"

"What do you have planned for us this weekend?" Jack asked as they filed into his house.

"No more football!" Daniel said quickly. "I'm content watching Match Of The Day"

"No, no more football" he said grinning. "No a couple of friends of mine suggested we should go to a club they go to."

"A club"

"Yeah....it's not your run of the mill club though"

"Excuse me?" Daniel said, always the first to get worried.

"It's a different kind of club. Different kind of music. I thought we could go tonight, get drunk, splash out on a cab home" he said.

"What do you mean Martin when you say different?" Jack asked.

"You'll find out when you meet my friends" he said smiling.

Daniel felt he had to be worried when a Goth and a skater answered the door to the group. Martin had suggested they go over and meet them, maybe change into suitable attire, whatever that meant. Now he knew. Now he was worried.

"Annie, Vic" Martin said. "Hi"

"Martin" The Goth Vic said.

"These are the people I told you about. Me old mate Jack and this is Sam, Daniel and Teal'c" Martin said.

"Cool name" Annie said.

"Thankyou"

"I'm getting the idea of this club" Jack said as they went inside the house.

"So you lot want to go out tonight?" Annie said.

"Er.." Daniel started.

"They can't wait" Martin said cutting him off.

"Not really dressed for the occasion" Vic said.

"That doesn't matter Vic and you know it. That's the idea" Annie said ready for a full blown debate on the matter.

"Hey, okay you're both right but as we don't wasn't to be beaten up I think in the circumstances we should change. Well they should change, I'm fine in this hoody" Martin said.

"Yeah" Vic said. "Well we have something for all of you"

"What do you mean?" Daniel said. "What does he mean?"

"Come with me love" Annie said taking Sam's hand.

"What's going on?" Daniel asked.

"Shut up Daniel" Jack said. He smiled at Sam. "We'll see you in a minute Carter." he said. She nodded and let Annie lead her upstairs.

"Sam, right? Martin didn't tell us a whole lot about you guys, something about the air force" Annie said.

"That's right"

"So which one's yours?"

"Er," she hesitated. "None of them"

"Not even the sexy one, brown eyes?"

"Jack?"

"Yeah"

"Not even him" Sam said. Annie grinned at her.

"I've got some great stuff for you to try on"

Vic and Martin were throwing clothes at Jack, Teal'c and a worried Daniel, most of which were black. Daniel looked on in despair, unsure whether to laugh or cry or run. Teal'c raised an eyebrow as a black see-through vest landed in his arms. Jack smiled, half his mind elsewhere, across the landing. Since he was in England last, Sam had been on his mind a lot. Holding her close and kissing her, the release of those inhibitions set by the air force, playing over and over in his mind. And here in England the air force weren't watching them. there was no risk of being spotted. Martin had been right, the rules don't apply here. His main concern was whether Sam would see it the same way. His second concern was how daft Martin and Vic would make him look. But then he was so wrapped up in Sam right now, if looking daft made her smile then he was all for it.

"What have you got?" he asked suddenly.

Sam came out of Annie's room in a tight shocking pink vest top, huge skate trousers which together showed her midriff. Jack stared at her, his mouth open, unable to move, unaware she was looking directly at him and the rest of the odd looking arrangement that now made up SG-1's male members. Jack had probably got the better deal clothes wise, he was wearing similar style trousers to Sam, a black Offspring t-shirt over a blue long sleeved top. He looked pretty comfortable but then he couldn't see his hair, he didn't even want to think about his hair. Victor had spray on hair dye. Pink spray on hair dye. And it had worked well on Jack's hair. Teal'c was wearing big wearing big jeans which were tattered at the ends and his own huge boots, a black t-shirt and a leather waistcoat with studs across the back. Around his neck he wore a collar with inch long spikes sticking out of it. To cover his head he wore a black bandana, although Vic had tried to convince him to go without it but even in England Jack had insisted they had to keep it under wraps. Daniel was the worse off in his opinion.. He was wearing boots, long tight black trousers and the black see-through vest that Teal'c had caught earlier and a long black coat. Like Teal'c he wore a leather collar but with studs.

"I feel stupid" Daniel said.

"You don't have pink hair." Jack said.

"Your body isn't exposed!" he cried pulling his coat shut.

"I like the hair sir" Sam said. Jack smiled.

"It's spray-on" Vic said. "It can be washed out tomorrow"

"No rush" Jack said quietly, his eyes on Sam.

"Lets make a move"

They sat in a bar near the club for a few drinks first. They didn't stand out completely as they feared as many of the people who planned to go to the club as also gone there first too.

"Pool?" Jack asked. "Table's free"

"No thanks" Daniel said still moping.

"I'll play you Colonel" Sam piped up. He nodded and they went into the little pool room.

"We should teach Teal'c this sometime" Jack said setting up the balls. "I bet he'd be a mean pool player."

"How good are you sir?" Sam asked.

"I'm pretty good" he said grinning.

"We'll see"

"Do you wanna break?" he asked.

"No thanks" he nodded and broke, sending the balls around the table with some force. "Nice" she said. He smiled and the game began.

Sam was yellow and was admittedly very good. Jack was good too but he was worried Sam was going to beat him. Especially when he sent the white ball flying down to the bar and Daniel had to bring it back. When he saw it was Jack who had made the shot he laughed and dropped the ball in his hand. Jack ignored him and gave Sam the ball, who then proceeded to pot three of her balls on the two free shots she'd just received. He potted two of his own and it came down to the black ball, the final ball. Sam and Jack were as good as each other but Jack had a handicap-he was distracted by Sam. Sam was with him, her hair shining, her smile radiant and wearing a vest top. Jack had been lucky to be playing as well as he was. Every time Sam had bent over he had had to turn away. As much as he wanted to look down her top it didn't feel right. Although he warded other guys off like Sam was his own, she wasn't. Jack was a good guy, a gentleman and right now Sam was not his, her breasts were for her own eyes and for him to think about in his dreams. But while his mind was telling him all this, Sam potted the black with a powerful shot from the opposite end of the table. He was torn between his joy for Sam winning and his annoyance that his 2IC had just beat him.

"Where d'you learn to play like that?" he asked.

"I had a friend, Amanda, spent all her time at college playing pool, taught me how to play. She made a lot o money conning guys through pool" she grinned.

"Another game?"

"No thanks Colonel, I think I've wounded your ego enough" she said.

"Hey!" he protested. As they walked back to the bar his tone changed. "You look good Carter" he said the words coming out of no where.

"Thanks" she said softly, smiling at the compliment, blushing a little too. Jack nodded and her reaction made him feel good enough to buy the group a round of drinks. He was going to have to watch that.

After the Jack's drinks they went to the club. Having already got the fact they were going to a rock club the people going in did not surprise them until they got inside and into the main part of the club. It was dark and smoky and very busy. Oddly, for the first time Jack didn't feel so strange, like he stood out. Especially when another guy with walked past them. Martin led them through the crowd around to the other part of the club-the other side, where there was more seating and more importantly, form Annie's point of view, a skate ramp.

"Cool" Jack said.

"I know" Annie said.

"It's kinda loud" Daniel complained.

"Shut up Goth boy and get in the drinks" Jack said. Daniel grimaced and he and Teal'c made their way to the bar.

"You alright Jack?" Martin asked.

"I am fine Tinno, a little hyper" Jack said. "Must be the fumes from the hair dye" he smiled at him and Sam and turned his attention to a couple of guys that were now on the ramp.

"Daniel I do not understand the purpose of these clothes" Teal'c said.

"I know Teal'c, I know. It's hard to explain" he said. "I'll try later. Right now I just want to drink"

They went back around the other side of the bar and sat in seats near the dance floor, very close to the speakers. Jack was banging his hands on the table in time with the rhythm, or lack of in some cases, of the songs. Daniel sat with Teal'c and shouted a drunken conversation about rock music, the differences between nu-metal and Goth and Daniel's sudden dislike for the guy with the red cap out of Limp Bizkit. Sam watched Jack and half listened to Daniel, wondering how he suddenly knew so much about this kinda music. She was very aware of how low cut the vest top was and was trying to ignore it. She'd caught a couple of guys clocking her but none she'd consider. Martin was as drunk as Jack and was on the dance floor with Annie and Vic who both had more purpose in their moves. Martin was basically jumping around standing on people.

"Carter" Jack said. "Sam"

"Colonel"

"Do you want a drink?" she nodded and he went to the bar.

It was ten to two, almost time to go and everyone was on the dance floor. It was rammed and they were dancing all over. Martin had only left there the whole night to go to the bar. Daniel had disappeared round by the skate ramp an hour ago, with Teal'c taking it upon himself to make sure he didn't get into any trouble due to the amount of alcohol they'd all consumed this evening. This left a very drunk hyperactive and in love Jack sat with a very drunk and slightly self-conscious Sam at their table. They were slumped back, leaning against each others shoulders. As the DJ announced the last song a guy came up to Sam to ask her to dance. Through Jack's drunken world he was leering at her and Sam was his. He shifted closer to her and put his arm around her. Sam didn't protest and the guy walked in a huff. She turned and smiled at him, she didn't have the energy to shout to tell him thankyou. She just hoped Jack could read it. And he could, he smiled back but didn't take his arm away. instead he pulled her closer and bent down to sing in her ear, the chorus of the final song of the night, in his opinion the best and nicest song of the night.

"Come my lady. Come, come my lady, you're my butterfly, sugar baby." Sam smiled unsure about what he meant as he continued to sing to her. If it meant he was really, really drunk then she didn't want it to end. If it meant something else then....oh god she couldn't wait to see him sober. Jack was only half aware of the woman with the roses. His eyes were on Sam's hair, his mouth still drunkenly singing the words, he put his hand in his pocket and gave the woman some money and took the rose from her. Never taking his eyes off Sam, or his mouth away form his ear, he placed the rose in her hands. Then, as the song began to end and Jack's mind lost track of the singing, he lost the night-long battle his sense had been having with his desire. He tried to pull her closer, make her body meld with his own and planted a soft, gentle kiss on her temple. She smiled to herself and took his hand.

"I'm sorry Sam" he said.

"What for?"

"For that." he said. "For being so drunk" she smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Don't be" the song ended and the lights were put on. The crowd began to disperse and the rest of their group came back to them. In their drunk states, no one noticed the fact Jack's lips were almost touching Sam's temple and that they were holding hands.

"Time to go kids" Martin said. Daniel had reappeared leaning heavily on Teal'c and smiled.

"Where have you two been?" Sam asked.

"Daniel Jackson and I have been discussing the finer points of goth music with some young women" Teal'c said. Jack didn't hear.

"Let's go" Martin said again.

"Jack, it's time to go" Sam said softly.

"I don't wanna"

"We have to or they'll throw us out"

"Okay" he stood up, pulling Sam with him keeping a tight hold of her hand.

They filed out of the club and into the fresh air which promptly made Daniel throw up. Teal'c stood with him and the others watched trying to keep down their own alcohol. Jack stood silently holding Sam's hand as she looked at her rose. Martin, Vic and Annie were leaning up against the wall laughing at Daniel and gossiping about Sam and Jack.

"Look flag that taxi" Martin said running out to wave down a people carrier taxi. It pulled up and they piled in, Daniel and Teal'c in the middle row, Sam and Jack in the back.

"Will you guys be alright?" Martin asked. Vic and Annie nodded. "I'll call you tomorrow" he added before going round to jump in the front seat beside the driver and telling him where to go. In the back Jack and Sam were still holding hands, looking at each other.

"Sam, can I kiss you?" he asked.

"Of course"

"Can I stroke your hair?"

"Of course"

"Can I buy you shortbread biscuits?" this last question would've made Sam laugh if it wasn't for the serious and attentive look on his face. She wondered if it was a totally alcohol fuelled question or was it something he genuinely thought she would like.

"Of course"

"Can I put my hand on your stomach?" she smiled and placed it there for him, shivering slightly at the touch of his cold hand on her warm stomach. He smiled and kissed her on the lips.

"Do you really like the hair?" he asked.

"No, I prefer your own hair. I just said it to keep you happy until you were drunk enough not to care" she said laughing.

"Thankyou" he said.

"I have a question for you" she said.

"Yeah"

"Can I spend the night with you?"

"Of course" she smiled, kissed him, and then rested her head on his chest for the rest of the drive.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to obsessed