Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Getting It Right

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Getting It Right

Getting it Right

by obsessed

TITLE: Getting It Right
AUTHOR: obsessed
EMAIL: o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Romance, A little humour
PAIRINGS: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Any
RATING: Er, PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: The usual, m/f stuff with a little implication (unless you're completely oblivious to that sorta thing)
SUMMERY: Jack talks in his sleep
STATUS: Done
ARCHIVE: this one
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. I don't own Stargate, this lot do- Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. And I'm making no money. At all...
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This has probably bin done before so I apologize now but I spent the last four days of my insomnia listening to the incoherent ramblings of my sister and my dad. (cockroaches, taxman, peter pusher???????) And it's predictable (to me) but tell me what you think, it gives me somin nice to think about while I'm not sleeping at night.

"Angel?"

"Hmmmm"

"Can I have a kiss?"

"Sure"

"Can I have another?"

"Sure"

"Can I kiss you?" there was no answer. "Angel?"

"Sure Jack"

On Pb6-789 only Jack and Teal'c had bothered to set up their tents for the night. Teal'c did it out of habit, Jack had because he was cynical about the good weather. It had been hot all day and Daniel and Sam chose to sleep under the stars, Jack believed it would rain and they would soak to death. And he would laugh. They lay in sleeping bags away form the fire they'd built anyway, just in case it got cold. The night however had remained warm and dry. And quiet. Jack's voice carried. Sam looked over at Daniel who was awake and listening and grinned. Jack began to hum and Sam stifled a giggle so she wouldn't wake him. There was a lot of humming, various tunes, American Pie, The hills are alive with the sound of music, a couple of numbers from Disney's jungle book and Daniel and Sam fought hard to be quiet. Then came a couple of sweet moans as his dreams changed again.

"I wonder who he's dreaming about" Sam said quietly. Daniel wanted to scream at her, he knew exactly who was on Jack's mind but he'd been sworn to secrecy.

"No idea" he choked out as Jack said "So beautiful". They listened hard as he mumbled incoherently, something about hair. Sam giggled some more.

"I don't remember him talking in his sleep before"

"He doesn't often, plus we're all usually asleep too"

"What does he talk about?"

"He hums, he mummers" he said. He calls out your name, he thought. Daniel had warned Jack about his sleep talking but he hadn't believed him. Not about the Sam bit. Daniel had simply said it would backfire on him. He nearly laughed out loud when Daniel was right.

"Sam" he said quietly. It was a little whisper of her name, not his usual cry but Sam was still there to hear it this time. "Sam" he repeated. Sam sat up at the sound of her name and looked at Daniel who was trying to sleep. She wanted to ask him if that happened often. If he said her name in his sleep. And Daniel wanted to tell her yes. They stayed silent and tried to get some sleep.

The heavens opened as if someone had kicked over a bucket of water on Jack and Sam. Jack was going to have a field day over this in the morning. Daniel jumped up first and grabbed hi sleeping back and rushed into Teal'cs tent. Sam watched him go and groaned. She grabbed her own bag and went into Jack's tent. A nice idea but a bad idea. As she scrambled in and zipped up the flap behind her, she woke Jack.

"Sam" he said half asleep. She lay out her sleeping bag, it wasn't too wet. He shook himself awake. "Carter?" he asked.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you sir" she said.

"It's raining" he said. She nodded.

"A lot"

"Okay Carter, I'll wait 'til the morning to make fun" he smiled and she cringed. He settled back down, his back facing her for now. He planned to accidentally roll over to look at her, his pretty Sam Carter. Sam got into her bag, the inside virtually dry and snuggled down into it, bumping into Jack as she did so. It was a small tent and she was so close, Jack felt he'd never get back to sleep now.

"Is your bag dry?" he asked. Say no, let it be wet, he thought.

"Yes thankyou"

"Oh good" he said dejectedly.

"Sir"

"Yeah"

"You were talking in your sleep sir"

"What was I saying?" oh no, please let it have been funny, please let it be just humming.

"You wanted to kiss someone and you were humming and" she stopped

"And?"

"You said Sam"

"I did?"

"You don't remember?"

"Not a thing" Too much to hope for, she thought. "Did Daniel hear?"

"Yeah" she smiled.

"Great"

"Goodnight Colonel" she said softly.

"Sam" he said.

Jack's subconscious had stopped him from any further talking in his sleep but it didn't stop him dreaming. It didn't stop Sam being in his dreams.

"Angel?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I kiss you?" the dreams went further, he'd been so good over the past few months, so clean. His mind was in the penthouse, far from the gutter but she was so close. Sam was calling out his name. Wait.......Sam *was* calling out his name. He opened his eyes and he could hear Sam shuffling next to him, saying his name. He looked at her and smiled, she had a sweet expression on her face and her lips only opened a little to say his name. Each time it was followed by a little smile. He hoped to god she only knew one Jack. He reached out and brushed away a little piece of hair from her mouth. At the brief touch she smiled.

"Sam" he said.

"Jack" she said. Then she opened her eyes and looked straight into his.

"You were talking in your sleep"

"Oh" she blushed, she remembered her dreams.

"Nice dreams?" he asked.

"Yes thankyou"

"Me too"

"What time is it?"

"About 3" he said. "Go back to sleep"

"I don't think I should"

"Why not?"

"Because I'll just have dream I can't for fill" she sighed sorrowfully. He tapped his fingertips lightly across her forehead. They were silent for a minute, neither really wanted to deal with that thought. Sam shivered a little.

"You okay?"

"I'm a little cold" he smiled.

"Wanna get in here?" he asked opening up his bag a little.

"I thought you'd never ask" she said. She slipped out of hers, and into his, sliding down against him. They wriggled to get comfortable, pressed up against one another. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Comfortable?" he asked.

"Very"

"Warmer?"

"Much" she grinned and he couldn't resist any longer. He bent down and kissed her on the nose.

"Angel" he said. She looked at him in surprise.

"Jack she whispered, kissing him on the lips. " This is a really"

"Good idea" he said cutting her off.

"I hope your right"

"It'll all be okay" he said kissing her passionately. She let go of the last of her inhibitions and responded fully to him.

Daniel stamped out the fire, using it as an exercise to stretch his limbs and wake up. Teal'c watched him do so with a little fascination that Tau'ri often gave him before unzipping the flap on Jack's tent. He looked inside and smiled, seeing Sam lying bare on top of Jack, her face buried in his neck and their hands clasped together above their heads. Sam rose up and down a little as Jack breathed.

"Daniel Jackson" he said quietly. "Come and look at this" Daniel took his place with his head in the tent and smiled.

"Well I'll be a space monkey" he whispered. He zipped the tent back up. "Let's leave them a little longer"

"Very well" Teal'c smiled again.

Sam had no idea how Jack got so many things right, but it did explain how he was so confident most of the time. She'd been so scared to go home, she'd known in her heart Jack had loved her for a long time now and they had both been avoiding it. But Jack was a determined and confident man. He'd told her that night that everything would be okay. And he'd been right. How was she to know they were too important to the SGC, to risk a resignation from either one of them over this. Now on her wedding day it was just starting to sink in.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk