Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I Had a Dream

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I Had A Dream

I Had A Dream

by obsessed

TITLE: I Had A Dream
AUTHOR: obsessed
EMAIL:o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Romance, Angst, a little Humour
PAIRINGS: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: Er, the Tok'ra
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 2
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f relationship
SUMMERY: Sam and Jack write some notes to one another
STATUS: Stick a fork in me I'm done
ARCHIVE: This one
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. And just in case I don't own Stingray either (it is quality though)
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hey, hey. There may be a sequel to this (well I already started it). Anyway tell us what you think. I'm just dying to find out............ :o) And good luck to all exam goers. (yes it's that time of year again)

Jack,

I had a dream where I was a little girl again. I dreamt I was running in the sand, my feet bare, my hair wet but my clothes dry. I ran on a beach I never been to before but I can see so clearly. I kicked up sand into the air with my toes as I headed towards some cliffs I knew had some caves in. But I never reached them. I was not distracted by the sea, I had no interest in the rock-pools, I did not stop to write my name in the wet sand. I never reached the cliffs.

The girl became my daughter. Our daughter. My hair, your eyes. But she was not running like I had been and she had no interest in the cliffs that had captured my attention when I had been there. She lay in the sand, now dry sand, crying to herself. Angry and confused. She didn't understand why you weren't with us, why she couldn't go see you in the infirmary. She would only let me hold her, to cry but she wouldn't talk to me or the brother growing inside me until she had the answers she wanted.

On the beach our little girl screamed for you as you came home to greet us both. She ran through the sand, across the beach and into your arms. For the first time I notice the sunshine. I reach you both and see the return of the glint in your eyes, in the eyes you share with our daughter. The glint that dims when you are away from her. And I see the return of the joy in our little girl's eyes and I worry. Our little girl needs both her parents too much but I push those thoughts and concentrate on the return of you. Our little girl smiles and now you are back all she can think about is her brother. She has a lot of love to give. In my dream she grows up to be just like you.

Sam,

I dreamt I was on a beach too but there were no children in my dream. The beach was empty and just I stood there in my fatigues. I stared out to sea, seeing only a small boat far out on the horizon. I didn't see the waves, or the sun, or the crabs that ran over my feet. For a long time I saw only the boat, only aware that other things were going on around me. As the boat got nearer and bigger, I noticed that someone was stood next to me. I took my eyes from the boat for a split second to see Daniel was stood next to me. He too was watching the boat but not as attentively as I and took time to smile at me. The boat got nearer and nearer and soon Teal'c stood beside me, watching the boat. The three of us stood there, the only souls on the beach for a long while as the boat came nearer. Soon another joined, Janet and I forgot-Cassie was there too. There was a child in my dream. Cassie came and stood in front of me and I placed my hands on her shoulders. Finally, as the boat came to shore, I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw your father stood there. He smiled at me and we turned our attention to the boat. It hit the shore and out you jumped. I smiled as you splashed through the last of the sea and walked up to us. When you reached us Cassie ran out to greet you with a hug. The others did the same but I held back and smiled at you until they had finished and I could have you to myself. I wrapped my arms around you and held you tight, knowing it had been worth the wait.

Jack,

I had a dream I was fishing in lake Michigan (?). You left me in charge of catching the big fish that inhabited the lake, the monster of all fish- The General. We had been there all day and I wanted to catch him for you while you were away. I was ready, I had my net and I was ready to reel him in. I had already argued over the sex of the fish and I had let you win. I was determined to catch this fish. Maybe a little too determined. Something strong got the bait and began to pull. I grabbed the rod and pulled back and tried to reel it in. But it pulled and pulled and pulled until the line ran out. With one last yank it pulled me into the lake and I didn't let go of the rod. It stopped pulling when I hit the water and turned back and I saw the biggest fish-The General. It looked like the mechanical fish from Stingray- the show with the puppets, under water? Anyway the General, he looked at me angrily, then swallowed me. I woke up suddenly in a sweat.

Sam,

I had a dream where I was a teenager and Daniel was my father! This is no lie. He was still the same geeky Daniel we know and love but I was the teenager I was. And he was my dad. I don't really remember much else, I think the shock of Daniel being my father threw the rest from my mind. I think that's all I want to remember of that dream.

Jack,

I've dreamt Hammond was my father before now. That was when my own father joined the Tok'ra and I feared I'd see him less than I already did. But I think you know that. Last night I dreamt I was in college and Daniel was my lecturer, our lecturer. I sat in the front ready to listen and you were sat at the very back of this large lecture hall which wasn't completely full but you sat at the back anyway. And I paid attention as best I could but I was distracted by your presence alone at first. Then as Daniel began his lecture about the Stargate you began to mess around, talking to some others, throwing paper airplanes around and banging your hands on the desk. Daniel ignored you as best he could for a long time but he finally called security and Teal'c came in, lifted you up and carried you out. You winked at me as you were carried past and I smiled, nearly giggling at you, with you. I waited until you were gone before I decided to jack in Daniel's lecture and follow you out. Before I woke up, Daniel asked me where I was going.

Sam,

I had a nightmare last night. The worst since my son died. I sat with you during the last moments of your life having never told you I loved you. Never being sure whether you'd heard me when I finally did say it. I don't even remember what happened, only that you were dying, nothing more could be done to save you. All I could do from the beginning was sit with you, hold your hand. And I did from the beginning. I watched you get worse, the colour go from your cheeks, your eyes stopped seeing me full stop, you lost that glow you have around you. I cried. I held your hand and in those final minutes it was just you and me and I talked to you. Told you I was sorry I couldn't protect you from your own death, that I couldn't save you. And I apologised that I'd never told you how I felt about you. Then I told you I loved you. Then you died. And I woke up. I woke up calling for you, crying. I cried and I couldn't get back to sleep for a long time. it was the reason I was so fuzzy this morning. I will tell you now Sam. I love you.

Jack,

I dreamt a dream I wish with all my heart could happen. it doesn't happen, I have too unrealistic dreams but this one...The air force relaxed their rules for us, you and me. The rule which says you can't say those words to my face. I wish they would. I dreamt they sent the notice to Hammond and he marched the two of us into his office as if we were in trouble. You became quite agitated as you were positive you'd done nothing wrong. And you hadn't. You'd fallen in love with me and it was obvious to everyone. He stood us there and read the note to us, then he left the office. Left us alone. We were silent for a moment and then you kissed me and I woke up. I love you too Jack and the conflict in me has made me ill before now but to know you love me, that you love me so much that you cried over my death in a dream, changes everything.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Obsessed