Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

GettingThrough

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
GettingThrough

GettingThrough

by obsessed

EMAIL: oneillobsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: angst, slight romance
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
CONTENT WARNINGS: none really, well at all
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: two things- excuse lack of stuff from me, times are bad, hence where this came from, this is for anyone who has ever been hopelessly depressed and down (and suicidal). it will get better. Also if it seems like there are more mistakes than usual then, sorry, my space bar on my keyboard is screwed, because I dropped a bouncy ball onto it (no word of a lie)

Getting Through

"How is you get through each day?" Jack looked up from his coffee and gave Sam a smile. She didn't smile back, instead she sat opposite, hair limp, eyes dull. her skin was almost white.

"You okay Sam? You don't look too healthy"

"I'm fine, how is it you get through every single day, keep yourself going?"

"What's wrong Sam?"

"Please, I want to know"

"I don't quite understand the question"

"With all that's gone on, all the bad, how do you do it, you're always so strong"

"Well I don't know" he paused, searched her face. Something was wrong, getting her down. "Used to it I guess"

"But you have days, even you do, what is it that gets you through"

"What's wrong Sam?"

"Jack" she said putting emphasis in it "Please"

"I am used to it but on my worst days I try to remember it'll be okay, a bit of work, some perseverance"

"But what if you, what if it's worse?"

"I think it can't get worse than what I've been through. I've lost my son, no wife, lost good friends past and present. But there's my hope"

"Hope"

"I know it'll be okay, I know it'll be better again, I don't have the worst life in the world, I'm lucky. I have a home, friends, a job I enjoy and can do"

"What else?"

"It's a state of mind I guess" he said. "Some days, nothing is bad and when it is I look back on the good days. Some days I turn to alcohol." she raised her eyebrows slightly. "Some days I don't have all the answers" he told her. She nodded and was silent, thinking. "You gonna tell me what's up?"

"No, nothing really, just one of those days"

"Sam some days, I'm simply surviving, not living just surviving, existing. But sometimes hope stays with me and sometimes it doesn't. But I always seem to pull through."

"How?"

"The same as I said before"

"Oh" there was silence.

"Sure you don't wanna talk about it?"

"No thanks Colonel, I'll see you later" she got up and turned to leave.

"Sam, there is one other thing that gets me through" he called after her.

"What's that?"

"I have you" she smiled, properly and blushed, then carried on. Jack smiled to himself and went back to his coffee.

end

(no it is the end, that's it!!)

r.l.w

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to obsessed