Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Disproving the Speed Theory

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disproving The Speed theory

Disproving The Speed theory

by obsessed

TITLE: Disproving The Speed theory
AUTHOR: obsessed
EMAIL: o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Romance, a little Action, a little Drama, Sam and Jack.
PAIRINGS: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Any
RATING: Pg-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: M/F thing, man with fire arm
SUMMERY: Jack watched Speed last night.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. I don't own Speed either. If I did I wouldn't be living in a scummy house on a scummy council estate!!!
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Er, yeah, dunno where this come from, lets just say I've Speed more than one to many times (I love it-quality film) and fancied a bit of action. It may be rubbish but hey.... Tell us what you think if you were bothered to read it. I was bothered to write it (it's kinda predictable I know).

Jack sat down on the bench in the locker room and thought about Sam. As usual. He did that a lot when he returned from missions. Mainly because he still wasn't with her. He still hadn't even kissed her. Yet this last mission had been intense, most their missions were intense and he was hoping in the heat of the moment he and Sam would fall into a passionate kiss and he could tell her how much he loved her. He knew once she knew how he felt, she'd be with him for the rest of his life. Because he knew about how maybe one kiss in an intense situation may not lead to a lasting relationship. But he loved Sam, he knew Sam. The kiss would be the instigator of something *really* good. The telling her he loved her wasn't important, well not today. Jack just wanted to kiss her. He wished that for once they were in a situation where she couldn't help but kiss him, where he'd played the hero and saved her life, killed the bad guys and Sam had seen all this been through it and when they'd got so close, kiss him.

"Jack?" Daniel brought him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Are you ready to go? Sam is waiting to drive you home" he said. Oh yeah, his car was at the mechanics having stopped in the middle of road.

"I'll be five minutes" he said. Daniel smiled. "What?"

"Nothing. I bet you won't complain about Sam's driving as much as mine"

"No cause Carter can drive." Jack said. He got up and started to change into civvies. Daniel watched his face for a moment, a grin on his own, then left to find Sam.

Sam was leaning up against her car waiting for her CO. When he'd said his car was being service she'd been the first to jump in to offer him a ride. Perhaps a little too eagerly but no seemed to have noticed. He came out in his civvies and smiled at her. He looked good. As usual.

"Sorry Carter." he said. "And Thankyou again for this"

"Not a problem sir. I'm glad I could help out" she smiled and they got into the car.

The drive into town started peacefully enough. Jack filled in Sam on how his car had stopped about ten minutes from the base in morning rush hour traffic. How he'd tried and failed to get it going there and then. How several angry drivers had come to have a friendly word with him about holding up traffic. And Sam had laughed. She only just had time to brake when she saw the blue estate plough into a rusty little truck that came speeding past the red light. Sam swerved and hit the estate with the side of her car, Jacks side. They both jolted up, Jack was flung to the side. Their seatbelts snapped to life and they settled back into their seats.

"Jack, I mean, Colonel are you alright?" Sam cried.

"I'm fine, I'm fine" he said rubbing his neck. They both looked at the pile-up in front of him and watched a young man get out of the truck and run around Sam's car. Suddenly the rear door behind Sam was opened and the young man jumped in behind her.

"Drive" he said.

"Excuse me" Jack said.

"Drive" the man said again pulling out a gun and putting it to her head.

"Oooookay" Sam said starting the engine. She reversed and drove around the pile-up. "Where to?" she asked trying to sound calm. Beside her Jack put his hand gently and quickly on her thigh for support. She gave him a small smile.

"Out of here." he said. "Quick" the man said in an angry voice. Jack turned to face him.

"What's this going to achieve?" Jack asked.

"It's gonna get me outta trouble. Now face the front or your girlfriend is going to have a bullet in her head." Jack did as he said, afraid for Sam, who was now driving into town, her eyes transfixed on the road. He looked around. She was heading into town, towards the gardens. He could tell. He also knew there was a very big bush coming up. Could he risk it? Or should he let Sam drive? See where the guy wanted to go. But he may shoot them anyway. He didn't want to be shot and he didn't want his Sam dead. Sam looked at him, she could see the thoughts racing through his mind and smiled. Do it Jack. Be the hero.

With that he slowly and quietly as possible undid Sam's seatbelt. He touched her thigh once more to prepare then grabbed her and pulled her down on top of him. She kept her hands on the wheel as she was pulled to right. The car swerved dangerously to the right, the gun man was thrown to the left, hitting his head hard on the door. Jack let go of Sam and they both sat up to regain control of the car. They both grabbed the wheel and Sam slammed her feet on the brakes. The car dove into the bushes and went through it and scraped the side of the car. They steered it out onto the verge and came to a stop.

They sat there for a moment in silence, then ventured a look at the gunman in the back seat. He was unconscious, a little blood on his head. Jack took Sam's hand and squeezed it. He smiled at her.

"Are you okay?" he asked. She nodded. "We should go to the hospital" again she nodded. She turned to look at him and smiled. Then she kissed him on the lips, passionately and gently. He kissed her back, deepened it and was gutted when he broke it off suddenly.

"What was that for?" he asked a little breathlessly.

"To thank you. For being the hero" Jack smiled, then laughed. "What?" she asked. He kissed her back.

"Nothing" he said. "We should go to the hospital" he reached over and took the gun from the man in the back. "Then I have something to tell you"

"If it's I love you, I already know" she said. "I feel the same" he smiled.

"Well that saves us a conversation then"

As Jack watched the old, old film he smiled as Sandra Bullock told Keanu Reeves how they relationship would never last. And at almost 15 years he still wasn't tired of the film but he did smile when he watched it. The film was probably right but he knew his relationship was based on love and trust. It had just started because of an intense situation.

"You're not watching that again Jack?" Sam said.

" 'fraid so hone" he smiled and kissed his wife.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to obsessed