Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Whatever You Do

by Nutty1
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Whatever You Do

Whatever You Do

by Nutty1

TITLE: Whatever You Do
AUTHOR: Nutty1
EMAIL: mezzy34@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack romance
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Any
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: A friendly night out turns into more than just friendly when confessions start occurring between two of the "friends".
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: I own nothing........... I'm just using stuff for entertainment. No money was made. Also don't own the song.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Constructive criticism wanted, as always. No ~flames~ please. Thanks a bunch folks!

"Deep in denialville,
Tryin' a' fight the way I feel,
I go jello when you smile,
I start blushin' - my head rushin'"

How can he just stand over there and look so innocent? It isn't fair. I could use a few more adjectives than innocent let me tell you. Stop it! I cannot think about him like that. And I won't. Hah! As if I won't! That's highly unlikely. No, that's just completely impossible for me to do. I can't stop thinking about him like that! But why? Because I can't have him, I want him. Why is it always like that with me? I see a guy, who I know I can't have, fall in love with him, unconsciously, until I find I'm dreaming about him and staring at him. Ok no, I'm wrong. That doesn't always happen with me. In fact, it's only happened once. NOW! Look at him. Standing over there with the rest of our team, our friends, laughing and having fun, while I stand here in the doorway and watch him like a stupid, nervous little school girl. There is absolutely no way in the world he would ever think of me like I think of him. Right? Of course. He'll never see me as anything other than his 2IC and his friend. But I'll never get any further than that. God, could that get any more unfair?! Why does there have to be regs? Why can't they just go away and leave us alone? I mean it's not as though I'd be jumping all over him around the base or anything! We'd keep it very professional if anything ever happened. I know we would. Oh heck! Of course we wouldn't! I'd be all over him. I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off him. But that means nothing. That is all just theoretical. There is no way in the world anything will ever happen between us. Although I wish to God something would. No. I don't wish that. Just forget about all those erotic feelings, and mental images and dreams and...hmm... but they were rather nice.... NO! No they weren't. I don't even remember them. See? I can do it. If I try real hard and try to imagine he looks like something... strange, so I don't have to stare at him. Yeah. That should work. Ok, now what could Itryto imagine he looks like? Ummm.... nothing! Just him. But then I'll stare at him! And that's because... he's gorgeous! I can't even think of a fake answer for that question. I shook my head furiously. Trying to clear all the images and thoughts from my head.

"Are you ok ma'am?"

"What?"

"Are you all right?"

"Oh yeah. Yeah I'm fine. Thanks." I guess I have been standing in the doorway a while now. I guess I look pretty dubious, and stupid. Better just go in and see how I go. I mean anyway, it's just a friendly night at the bar with my friends. What do I have to stress over? Nothing. Yeah. Just keep thinking like that and you'll be fine. Ok then, I'm going in. Listen to me! I sound like I'm about to rob a bank or something. Before I reached the table they had all sat around minutes before, Daniel saw me approaching them.

"Sam! Over here!" He called in my direction. Couldn't he see I was walking over to them anyway? I swear he's in another world sometimes. I sat down.

"Hi Daniel" I greeted him first, seeing as he noticed me first. I tried avoiding eye contact with the body across from me at the small round table.

"Hello Major Carter."

"Hi Teal'c. Colonel."

"Hey Carter."

"Hey, hey, hey! We're not at the SGC now people. I don't think we need to go on titles, do you?" Daniel had a point. We were all just friends on a night out now. No longer members of the SGC. We were all on downtime. But on another hand, then I would have to use his name. God, just saying his name sent shivers up and down my spine. I only said it so rarely. It was only ever Colonel. Or sir. But never Jack. I was surprised I could actually say it. He smiled.

"Want a drink?"

"Sure."

"Come on Sam. Mine's empty too. Want another Jack?"

"No. Thanks."

"Teal'c?"

"No thank you Daniel Jackson." Daniel and I walked off to the bar to fetch a drink for him and myself. Good one Daniel! I could have gone with him, not you! But then, what would we have said? I guess it wasn't so bad after all.

How can she just stand over there and look so innocent? And beautiful. Rarely, we see each other outside the SGC. The one time I might get to talk to her alone, and Daniel goes off with her. Thanks Danny! But then, what would I have said if I'd gotten the chance? I guess it's not so bad after all. I can't think about her like that. It's wrong. No, wait, it's notwrongexactly, it's just against regs. Damn them. If only... oh don't start thinking like that. If only this, what if that. No point wasting my time with 'ifs' and 'ands' and all that crap. First names huh? That might be hard. It's always Major. Or Carter. Never Sam. Surprised I can actually say her name. So, what do I do now? Pretend not to notice how beautiful she looks? Then again, she always does. Ok, ok, so I'd already established that with myself, but I also established that I was not going to think about her like that. She's just my friend. That's it. Nothing else. Besides, nothing else could happen. I'm her CO. Regs. Nothing can happen between us. Nothing. Right. Absolutely nothing. And that's exactly what will happen. Nothing. Damn regs. Ok, now would be a good time to actually stop thinking about her, because, she's here, and I will look so stupid if I sit here staring at her. Why shouldn't I? She's a very attractive woman. No! No, she's not. I didn't even think that. Ok? Of course. I'll have to try and imagine some sort of huge, ugly creature is sitting across from me. And how the hell do I propose to imagine that when she looks so beautiful? I've said that too many times now. This is so confusing. But if I even manage to get something remotely ugly, she'll think I'm strange, because I'll probably screw up my face and look like a moron. I'm good at that. Looking like a moron. Ok, so I don't look at her at all. Under no circumstances do I stare. And only when I absolutely have to, I'll look her way, but I'll only try to make it look as though I'm looking at her, when I'm really looking at... uh... something else. I don't know what yet. I'll cross that horribly thin, rickety bridge, when I get to it. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I won't even get to it. Or she'll get drunk and....well...I don't know. Daniel will have to take her home or something. I could hope for that, couldn't I? Sure I could. That's not to say that I don't end up going insane before the night's out. Why did this have to happen to me? Why me? I bet she has no feelings at all for me. The only feelings she might have would be just as friends. And that's just if I'm lucky. She'd think I was nuts if I told her all these crazy thoughts. Hell, I think I'm nuts! She'd probably have a million guys lining up her door, and I'd be at the very end of the list, if I was lucky enough to be on it to begin with. As of now, I'm not going think about Samantha Carter. Ok? Right. Got it.

"O'Neill? Are you unwell?"

"Huh? What?"

"Is there something on your mind?"

"Yeah. A few things. Nothing to worry about Teal'c. Trust me." How the hell did Teal'c pick it?! Was I that obvious? Shit! Better work on that. Great. They're coming back already. Why couldn't they have taken longer? Given me more time to work on the, "there is nothing on my mind, so don't ask me if there is" expression. Oh well, here goes. Great. Just when I think I've got it made, my drink is empty after all. No wait; I finished it while I was having a mental conversation with myself. That's right. Well, that just gives me an excuse to get away from her. And those eyes. So blue. God. Gotta stop that! NOW! Ok, ok.

"Your drink's empty. I thought you said you didn't need one?" Daniel observed. He just had to do that, didn't he?

"I didn't. You took a while. I drank it. Better get another. Teal'c, you want something?"

Teal'c repeated the no answer, for him and he left. I watched him go. Nice butt. Very nice. Staring. Bad move. Daniel and Teal'c noticed. Very bad move. Shit! Stuffed up the whole, "not staring" concept then, didn't I? Great. Now what?

"Sam? What's up with you?" Daniel asked. Why does he always have to notice little things like that and ask me things? I could kill him for that. Not because I feel as though I have to answer him, but because I have to make up some stupid excuse so that he doesn't get suspicious.

"Daniel, nothing is 'up with me' thank you. Why?" Oh, goddamn it! Why did I say "why" at the end of the sentence?! Stupid! So stupid Sam! Why do I always do that to myself? I swear, I will never learn.

"Because you seem to be watching Jack very strangely tonight."

"Oh really. Well thanks for the observation, but I think you're watching some other person staring at someone else."

"Oh. Hang on." There's a "hang on"? That's never a good thing when Daniel's talking. "I didn't say staring. I just said watching. You have been staring at him though, now that you mention it. And why is that?"

"I have not!" Defensive. Another stupid thing to do when conversing with Daniel.

"Oh yes you have. And you just denied it. Which only proves I am right. Otherwise you would have nothing to deny." Here we go. What did I tell you?

"I don't know what you're talking about Daniel. I haven't been staring at anyone. And even if I had, it would be none of your concern." Ooh, that was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I covered all areas. He can come back with nothing there. I love it when I do that to him.

"It does have something to do with me when it's your Commanding Officer you're staring at." Ok, so maybe all areas weren't covered. I'm going to have to start preparing arguments with Daniel, just to ensure I win. Now what do I say? 'Oh yeah, now that you mention it, it is suddenly your business, and I have been staring at him tonight, because I think he's absolutely gorgeous'?! I can't say that. I can't say anything.

"Well I'm not staring at my CO, so you don't have to worry about anything, do you?"

"Hmm. Whatever." Oh, I hate it when he uses that tone. 'Hmm. Whatever' I hate that. It sounds so, so.... I don't know! Irritating I guess. Oh, he's coming back. Now's the time to stop thinking about him, and the way he walks.... and.... and start to think about... wow, does he have to walk like that?

^

"You got my heart under attack,
You give me shivers down my back,
D'ya have to walk the way you do?
I get weak just watchin' you!"

^

Oh, man. Ok, I am not looking at him anymore. And if he looks at me one more time, I'm officially going to go insane.

"Wow. Talk about a long line."

"Yeah. It did look kinda long" Daniel agreed.

"Yah."

"What is it you are drinking O'Neill?"

"Ah, it's called soda. Never come across it before Teal'c?"

"I have not."

"Oh. Well, it's not bad for you, so don't worry."

"Why aren't you drinking sir?"

"Because I have to drive home. And we're off duty now Sam."

"Right."

"You're so cautious Jack. I never would have thought."

"Thank you Daniel. But I don't fancy hitchin' a ride with you. You look like you've had too much already."

"Nonsense. I'm fine."

"Daniel, I think he's right. You look, uh, a little..." I struggled to say it, and taking into consideration his serious lecture only moments before.

"Drunk?"

"Thank you sir. Drunk, Daniel."

"Didn't we tell you about names Sam?! I think we did. We're off duty. And by the way, I'm not drunk. Yet" Daniel smiled. He wasn't drunk yet either. I've seen him much worse than I see him now. The name thing is hard. I'm so used to Colonel. Sir. Anything but... God, it's hard to even say. Jack. But I like saying it.

"You're right Daniel. You're not drunk yet. But let's not even let you get the chance, huh?"

"Jack, don't spoil my fun! I won't get drunk, I promise. Cross my heart."

"I bet."

"Daniel Jackson. What is drunk?" Teal'c asked. Oh great. Here we go.

"Come with me and get another drink, and I'll explain it to you Teal'c" Daniel responded. I sighed, in time with Jack. He smiled. Please don't do that again. If you do, I might have to kill myself.

"You see Teal'c...." and Daniel's words continued as he walked off with Teal'c to get another drink. The bar's line seemed to have grown ten full within the last five minutes. They'd be there a while. I could tell. Leaving me alone with him might have been a bad move.

^

"If you stand too close to me,
I might melt down from the heat,
If ya look my way one more time,
I'm gonna go out of my mind!
Whatever you do...

Don't even think about it!
Don't go and get me started!
Don't you dare drive me crazy!
Don't do that to me baby!"

^

"They'll probably be gone a while."

"Yeah. I guess so." I answered quietly. I'm surprised he heard me through the loud voices of other drunks and the music. "So. Are you doing anything this weekend Colonel?" Oh, damn. I said Colonel again. I'm never going to get used to the first name thing. Not for a while yet anyway.

"Not really. How about you?"

"Same. Probably just a couple quiet nights on my own."

"What, no guy to keep you company?" He smiled again. I can feel my bones going all weak and jello right now.

"No. No guy in my life at the moment. Besides, I'd hardly ever be around. Not much of a girlfriend if you only see her on weekends."

"I think any respectable guy would be happy with even that." Was that a nice comment about me? Oh, how sweet. Not only is he gorgeous and funny, he's sweet too. What more could a girl ask for?

"Thank you. How about you? No woman in your life?" Thought I should at least return the question. Even though I thought it might be a bit of a touchy subject for him.

"Nah. Who'd want me?"

"Plenty of women. Unless they've got no taste at all." I didn't even need to think about returning that comment. I could return a million.

"Thanks, but I think the problem is that they've all got good taste. Only the ones without it would want someone like me."

"I think that's being a bit harsh on yourself Colonel."

"Not really. Still, I wouldn't be much either. Weekends are scarce for me. Only way it'd work is if they worked at the SGC too. But then you'd be going all against regs, wouldn't you? All odds are stacked against me on this one." Against regs. Works at the SGC. God, if only it could be me. Why can't it? I don't care about regs. God, isn't there some sort of spell I can put in his drink that'd make him fall in love with me right now? I wish.

"Not really."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, nothing." Shit. Now what have I done?

"Something else you wanted to say Major? Doesn't look like Daniel and Teal'c will be back for a while."

"Well, now that you mention it." Oh God. What am I doing? I can't tell him. I can't. Why the hell not?! I want to. Stuff regs, I'm gonna tell him.

"Well then. This sounds interesting. Well, if you've got something to tell me, I've got something to tell you." He has eh? I like where this is going.

"Ok then. How about a game?"

"What?" he asked incredulously.

"A game. Like, twenty questions."

"Oh. Ok then. You start."

"Yes or no answers only."

"Ok."

"Ok. Uhh... does it concern the SGC?"

"Not exactly. How about you?"

"Same. An SG team?"

"No. You?"

"No. A member of an SG team?"

"Yeah. Sorry, you?"

"It's ok. Yes. SG units... 8-12?"

"No. SG units 1-7?"

"Yes. You?"

"Yeah. SG5?"

"No. SG2?"

"No. SG4?"

"No. SG3?"

"No. SG2?"

"No. SG1?"

"Uh..."

"Come on Colonel."

"Ok, ok. Yes. How about you?"

"Well..."

"Come on Carter."

"Damn you. Yeah. Daniel?"

"No. How about you?"

"God, no. He might be annoying, but he's not that bad. Teal'c?"

"No. You?" Not Teal'c. That leaves only one person. Oh no. Please don't be something bad.

"No. Is it me?"

"Uh... yeah. Is it me?"

"Yes. What did I do?"

"Nothing. What did I do?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all..."

"Then what?" We asked simultaneously. I smiled. He smiled. There go my bones again. Jello. I feel like I could slip off the chair onto the ground in a big heap of it.

"I love you" we said together. We both got up slowly. "Are you serious?" I asked; just to make sure I hadn't fallen asleep on the table and dreamed it.

"Yeah. I'm sure" he smiled at me and we walked into each other's arms and lips. Oh God, could he kiss or what?!

"I love you Sam."

"I love you Jack."

"Sam?! Sam are you ok?"

"Huh? What?" My head flew up and I looked across the table to see Daniel staring at me in amazement. Oh no. What had I just said? Oh shit, I was dreaming. Oh no. I dreamed it.

"You just said, uh, well, you just said you loved Jack."

"I do. I mean... I did? What?! Where is he?"

"He left to get a drink. Don't you remember? We just came back from getting a drink. He went to get one. You remember?" Daniel explained. Oh God, I'd fallen asleep after he left to get a drink? That was ages ago. So I just dreamt Daniel was drunk. I dreamt that Jack told me he loved me? No! I can't have dreamed it. It was so real. Oh no, here he comes. Thank God, he didn't hear me say that. He would have thought I was crazy or drunk. Or something.

"Hey. Talk about a long line" I said as I walked back and sat down again. Carter looked a little surprised or concerned about something. "Something happen while I was gone?"

"No. Nothing" Daniel said. He seemed to say that very sharply. Like I was right but to try and make it look as though I wasn't.

"Oh. Ok then. Carter, what's up?"

"Hmm? What? Sorry sir. Nothing" she replied rather quietly. I was worried about her. She looked like she'd just seen a ghost or something. Not that I believe in ghosts.

"Are you sure? You look sorta pale."

"I do? Oh... no. Nothing's wrong. I'm fine."

"Ok then."

"I'll be right back." Carter got up and left hastily. Did I say something? God, I hope not.

"What's with her?" I asked Daniel and Teal'c. They had to know. It must have been something that happened while I was gone. Although I waited in an extremely long line just for a glass of water, I kinda wish I hadn't now.

"I don't know. She seems fine" Daniel replied. He was covering for her. Something had happened. I could tell something had, I just didn't know what the something was. But I was going to try as hard as I could to find out what it was.

"No she doesn't. You're covering for her. What happened? Something happened while I was gone. Didn't it. Don't lie to me Daniel."

"Uh, well.... Yeah. Something happened."

"Uh, well, what was it?!"

"Oh, you uh... you'd better ask Sam. I don't want to say anything."

"Daniel!"

"Sorry Jack. Ask Sam."

"I don't believe this. Why won't you just tell me? It can't be that bad." It couldn't be, could it? Maybe it could. God, I hope I didn't do something and not register it with my brain. It's probably likely that I did. Now she comes back. She looks a little less pale and flustered than she did before. I know that sounds really weird, pale and flustered at the same time, but believe me, if you'd seen her face, you would have agreed with me.

"You ok Carter?" He asked me again concernedly. He cares. That's so nice. But what do I say? "Sure I'm fine, I just rushed off so I could figure out a way to explain what happened while you were gone. I said I loved you in my sleep because I dreamed you said you loved me"?! That will not only sound completely unbelievable, it will sound so stupid. He would laugh at me for dreaming such a thing, and for even thinking, he would say something like that to me. There is no way in the world he would ever feel anything for me. I have got to stop hoping there is a way. Because there just isn't.

"Carter?" he asked again.

"Oh. Sorry sir. Yeah. I'm fine."

"You sure?" He's worried about me. God, that's so considerate. Oh, everything he does makes me love him more.

"Yeah. Thanks" I placed my hand on his from across the table. Our touch lingered for longer than was probably necessary. Daniel and Teal'c noticed and quietly left us alone. I moved chairs, to the one next to his, leaving my hand on his the whole time. Such a calming touch. My heart started beating faster.

^

"You stop me in my tracks,
My heart pumping to the max,
I'm such a sucker for your eyes,
They permanently paralyse"

^

"Colonel."

"Are you sure everything's all right?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. While you were gone..."

"Wait. I want to tell you something first. I might totally embarrass myself by telling you this, but I'm willing to take that risk. Look, I know this is all against regs and everything, but... well... I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm in love with you Sam. And I don't mind if you want to hit me or something about now. I'll completely understand, it's just, I want..."

"Shh. I know how you feel. I feel exactly the same way about you."

"You do?"

"Yes. I have since we met."

"Me too."

"Wait a minute."

"What? You really do wanna hit me huh?"

"No! No, of course not. I was just wondering, is this a dream?"

"What?"

"Is this a dream? Am I dreaming? Last time you told me you loved me, I was dreaming. I just don't want that to happen again."

"Wha?! Let me get this straight. While I was getting a drink, you fell asleep and dreamed that I told you I loved you?"

"Basically, yeah. Except, I was acting so weird because just before you came back, in my sleep I said I loved you, and I actually said it aloud too. Daniel and Teal'c heard me say I love Jack and they thought I was, well... actually, I don't know what they thought, but Daniel covered for me. Did you pick it?"

"Uh, yah. Daniel's not all that good at covering."

"No. I didn't think he would be."

"Oh." I leaned in closer to him, closing my eyes and joining our lips softly. For the first time in my life, I've done something I've wanted to do for so long, and it's actually worked out. This has got to be heaven. I've got to have died and gone to heaven. No one alive can be this perfect. Gorgeous. Funny. Sensitive. Considerate. Charming. And a magnificent kisser. Anything I missed? I did mention he's gorgeous didn't I? And perfect? Thought so. I just have to remind myself that this is real and actually happening to me. Usually all the perfect, or should I saynearperfect, guys go to all my friends or to everyone else but me. But now, well now I've got the actual perfect man. And he's all mine. You didn't think I was actually planning on sharing him did you? No way! I'm never letting him out of my sight again. Slowly our lips separated.

"Wow" I boasted.

"Took the words right out of my mouth" he smiled.

"I could take more if you like?"

"I'm not arguing."

"I wasn't planning on letting you." Our lips joined again, but not so softly this time. Now it was more urgent. Our need to be closer showing in our actions. The kiss was faster. Demanding. And impulsive. There was no time to waste. Our kisses hastening and becoming more and more heated. Tongues battling. Brows sweating with our need. Daniel and Teal'c watched us from the bar. Both, including Teal'c, smiling. Surprised at our urgency and passion. Hell, I surprised myself. And him. Oh God. I had to be closer to him. This was too far. A matter of a few inches seemed like miles. Leaning into him freely, our kisses deepened.

"Maybe we should go somewhere else?" I suggested. My needs now becoming too much to wait for. "Where?" he asked.

"My place?"

"Ok." We separated our mouths and walked out of the bar, hand in hand, to my car. We'd come and get his later. We couldn't stay apart for the drive to my place in separate cars. Getting in and beginning to drive, we headed for my place.

Finally there, opening the door and going inside seemed to take an eternity. Once inside, we wasted no time. Hastily finding her room, we kissed again. The heat and urgency again overcoming our actions. Falling onto her bed, we struggled with clothing. There was too much of it as far as we were concerned. Far too much. Everything on our bodies was quickly removed. Either literally ripped away, or quickly thrown to an indefinite location of her room. She kissed good. She pushed me back onto the bed and straddled over me. Taunting. Kissing her way down my body.

"Sam..."

"Shhh. Don't talk" she instructed. While her kisses continued down me, I allowed my hands to scale her. Over her back. Down her spine, gaining a moan. Over her arms. Back up and over her shoulders. Down over her breasts. Over her sternum. Over the mat of curls. Thighs. Legs. All the while, she was still kissing her way down my body.

Nibble at his abdomen. Nice. Looked biteable. His hands. Ooh Lord. Soft caresses. Everywhere. Ok, enough playing. I can't wait anymore.

"Jack. Now."

"Sam, are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure. No more talk. Now." I felt him slowly fill me. Sliding inside me. Oh God! And we waited this long to do this, why?! I could feel the pressure as I tightened around him. Coaxing him to come further inside. And he did, until he could go no further. Of all the feelings and sensations I've felt in my life, this one takes the cake. God, it's so full. So... so us. I love it, and I feel it coming closer. I screamed his name as it finally came and I exploded. He felt it too, and his was soon after. We have got to do this more often. There can not possibly be a feeling in the entire universe that is better than this. We fell into each other's arms. Our skin dampened with sweat. Heat and passion filling the air in my room. We could feel it. We could feel nothing else but each other, and that was the way we liked it. And that was the way we wanted it to stay. It would. Even if not in reality, in our minds, and hearts, it would. I draped my leg over his hip intimately. We just layed together, still breathing heavily. The silence of the room captured the heat and passion that had previously surrounded us. The night was cold. The air was brisk, even though our bodies felt heated; it was cold inside my house. Shivering slightly, Jack felt it.

"Cold?" he queried.

"A bit. Be ok" I said, snuggling closer into his arms. He held me warmly. Comfortingly. Reminding me he'd be there when I woke up in the morning. Reassuring feeling. I didn't want to wake up in an empty bed anymore. It was nice to share it, especially with him.

Waking up in the morning, I felt warmth next to me. Not something I was used to feeling. I always woke up, lonely in bed in the morning. Not this morning. It was filled with my warmth and another's. And it wasn't just me in it this morning. It was me and another. Looking up slightly, I saw him. I was still snuggled close to him, and his arms were around me, and mine around him. I never wanted the moment to end. I smiled. Didn't move, just smiled and left him sleep. An attempt to return into sleeps' arms proved unsuccessful, so I layed still in his arms. Just happy to be with him. Later on, he joined me in being awake. I moved my eyes up to meet his. He smiled. God, that is a beautiful smile. Picture perfect as far as I'm concerned. Of course, I smiled back.

"Morning."

"Hey."

"Sleep well?"

"Mmm. You?"

"Very well, thank you." Who wouldn't?! Being held warmly in his arms, I think any sane woman would have had a good sleep. I pressed my head onto his chest. As the room fell silent again, I could feel his heart beating rhythmically. Sliding one arm around to my heads' resting point, I replaced it.

"Thump, thump. Thump, thump" I synchronized. I could feel his gaze on me, and knew he knew. Looking up to him for a second time, he was smiling again. I mimicked his expression. Relocating my hand from his chest, I rested it on his cheek.

"I love you, you know?" I asked softly. He nodded.

"I know. I love you too."

"Good. Kiss me."

"Yes ma'am." Giggling softly, I leaned closer. He stopped. I looked at him worriedly.

"No giggling" he smiled. I laughed. Thinking it to be something serious. Continuing my mission, our lips met. Leaning into each other, hands moved to caress. The hand that cupped his cheek shifted to his hair and I threaded my fingers through. If life was going to be like this every morning from now on, then I want to live forever.

My fingers ran up and down her spine, sending shivers down her back. Her fingers combed through my hair. Our kisses seemed to slowly gain more fervor and urgency. Speed seemed to build until we began gasping for air. She rolled on top of me, and looked into my eyes intensely. Also sensing her need, I looked deeply back into hers. Blue as a sapphire they are. Don't think I'll ever see anything so blue. Besides the sea and sky of course. She smiled at me before joining our lips again. Her tongue entered my mouth and fought with mine for dominance while hands still moved freely. There was a sudden knock at the door. We stopped instantly, listening for a voice even though we both knew we wouldn't hear one. All we could hear was each other breathing and a bird whistling outside the window. Sam looked at me. I shrugged. Then there was another knock.

"Better see who it is don't you think?"

"I guess. I don't care who it is. Whoever it is can wait. I'd much rather stay in here with you" she confessed. I felt the same, but knew as well as she did, that she would have to go and see who it was, even if she didn't want to.

"Sam..."

"Yeah. I know. Wait here. Don't go anywhere."

"Yes ma'am" I saluted. She smiled and left to get the door after taking a robe out from her closet.

Walking to the door, I already hated whoever it was for interrupting my beautifully serene morning. Opening the door, I found it to be Daniel.

"Hi Sam. Look I know it's early, but..."

"Daniel. What the hell are you doing here at this hour of the morning?!"

"I'm sorry, but..."

"But, nothing! I was busy. No wait, I'm still busy! Come back tomorrow or better yet, wait until we're back on duty" I exclaimed. He was quite stunned, and it took him a minute to find his voice.

"Uh, look Sam, I'm sorry for interrupting your morning with Jack, but you did remember that I was coming over today didn't you?" he asked.

"How did you know Jack was here?!"

"I just presumed..."

"Sam? Who is it? Daniel?!"

"Don't worry, I was just as surprise as you. Ok Daniel, " I asked as Jack walked out to see who it was. He stood aside with me as I opened the door and offered Daniel to come in. He smiled and walked in. "Ok Daniel, why were you coming over here... oh dear" I said. I suddenly realised why he was coming over. Not realised, remembered. We arranged a few days ago, he was going to come over and teach me the finer points of Chess. I suck, so bad. I grabbed Jack's arm, as Daniel made himself at home, and dragged him to the corridor.

"What?"

"I completely forgot. We arranged about a week ago that Daniel would come over here and teach me how to play Chess."

"Chess?" Jack asked incredulously.

"Yes."

"You can't play Chess?"

"No. Shut up!"

"Sorry. You should've asked me. Daniel is the worst Chess player I've ever seen. Besides Teal'c, but that's not his fault. Daniel taught him. I play a mean game of Chess. Let me teach you."

"I'd love to, but Daniel...."

"Tell him you're busy today, and you forgot all about it" Jack told me as he kissed my neck. Hmm. I think Daniel can wait. Come to think of it, so can Chess. I have a lot more important things to do. Jack walked out to Daniel and started talking. Whatever you do, don't you go anywhere Jack O'Neill. You can teach me some other things before Chess.

*^*^*Fini^*^*^

Comments people. Please e-mail me folks. Love it! Thanks! J
~*Nutty1*~
By the way, the song is,
"Whatever You Do, Don't!" By Shania Twain

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Nutty1