Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I've got to see a man about a General

by Jacob Carter ONeill
[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I've got to see a man about a General

I've got to see a man about a General

by Jacob Carter ONeill

Summary: After escaping from the ship in Unending, Teal'c reveals to the team the message they left with him. SJ DV Spoiler Unending
Category: Missing Scene/Epilogue, Romance
Episode Related: Future Story
Season: Future Season
Pairing: Daniel/Vala, Jack/Sam
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/14/07

A/N: Just a quick oneshot episode tag to Unending, first ever FanFic but I have been reading for about a year now. Please Review.
--------------------
Upon walking into the commissary after returning to earth on the Odyssey, General Landry spots his flagship team each enjoying a bowl of Jello.
Taking Generals prerogative and stepping directly to get a Jello for himself, he quickly makes his way over to SG-1's table
"Mind if I join you." bellows General Landry.
Carter and Mitchell quickly move to stand up, but Landry quickly dismisses them with the wave of a hand and an `at ease.'
Vala looks up grinning "Not at all General, we were just about to grill Muscles here for info on our 50 years aboard the Odyssey."
Pulling a chair over for himself and sitting down at the head of the table he asks the obvious question "So Teal'c what can you tell us."
Colonel Carter quickly interrupts saying "General due to the Temporal effects that this could have it is unadvisable to reveal too much about our time on the Odyssey."
"You are correct Colonel Carter, and as such before you initiated the time reversal I was sworn to not reveal anything that had happened aboard during or 50 years."
"Teal'c your kidding right!" Vala said a Teal'c raises an eyebrow. Seeing that the raised eyebrow means that he is not Vala continues: "Can't you at least tell us a little something?" batting her eyelids.
Finishing off his last bite of Jello Teal'c pushes his bowl forward and leans back in his chair. "As we were making preparations on board the Odyssey we did decide as a group a single message that would apply to all of us and not cause any temporal anomalies."
As a group the rest of the table put down their spoons and leaned forward into the table to hear what Teal'c had to say. Teal'c simply smiled at the synchronized movements of the people that he spent the last 60 years with and stated: "Life is too short."
The group simply sat there with their mouths slightly ajar at the simple age old statement that summed up 50 years aboard a space ship. Then as if having an epiphany as one they each stood up.
Landry turns to the team and says "As much fun as this has been I have an appointment with Dr. Lam, I will see you all tomorrow."
With a shit eating grin Carter simply says "I have to go see a man about a General." and strides off missing the strangled cough from Cameron and the soft smiles of Teal'c, Daniel, and Vala.
Turning to Vala, Daniel pipes "I have some translations in my lab that I cold use your assistance with Vala, would you mind?"
Vala smiles a "Not at all" at him and they walk off shoulder to shoulder.
Mitchell turns to Teal'c with a frown and whines "I suppose you have to go off and carpe deim too then?"
"I have already scheduled a trip to visit Ishta and Ry'ac during our next downtime, however I believe that I am free for a sparing match at this time."
After a "Yeah lets go." Mitchell grumbles "I need to get a life, I'm getting ready to get beat by a guy that is 50 years older today than he was yesterday."
Teal'c simply smiles and states "Not only am I 50 years older, but I have also had 50 years of training with you to learn your weaknesses." and walks off toward the gym.
Petrus
Please Review.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jacob Carter ONeill