Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Drunken Thoughts - Janet

by Nikki H
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
drunk4

Drunken Thoughts --Janet

by Nikki.H.

TITLE: Drunken Thoughts --Janet
AUTHOR: Nikki.H.
EMAIL: scc@theplanet.net.au
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: 100 days, Shades of Grey
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 3, Sequel to Drunken Thoughts - Daniel amd Jack
RATING: PG-15
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Janet's thoughts when SG1 goes out one night.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

When I saw SG-1 sitting at their usual table at the bar, I was glad that Sam had taken my advice and gone out for a night with the guys. But as I made my way towards them, I saw the frowns on their faces and I was worried.

"Hey guys, why the long faces?"

Jack looked up at me first and I saw hurt in his eyes, Daniel refused to meet my eyes and burrowed his head, while Teal'c tilted his head. Sam was no where to be seen. I wondered if maybe they had a fight and Sam had gone home.

Boy I wish they had of had a fight.

I heard Jack wince and I shot a look at him questioninly, then he pointed Sam out and my heart sunk. The one woman I would never expect in a million years to do anything rebellious was almost lap dancing with some blond guy.

At first I thought maybe It was a trick of the light and that the female in question would turn around and reveal some similar looking blond. But it didn't happen that way and I could feel the tense air over the table as Sam giggled.

"Dammit, when I said live a little, that's not what or *who* I meant."

I frowed. What is she doing? I know she was mad at Jack and I know that she was feeling unapreciated, but this was not the way to go about it, and did she even know this guy?

When I told her do go out I expected it to be Jack, and to high five Daniel as we saw Jack and Sam pashing madly. That was the plan, that's how these things are meant to go. That's how all good movies end.

"Janet!"

I jump as I Sam calls out my name and she almost skips to wards us. At least she's happy, I think vagely, but I wish it was someone else she had of been deliriously happy with. That some one who was right now holding his beer in a death like vice and who looked shattered.

"Janet, this is Timmy-"

She introduces him, and although I feel a need to punch the guy he's also fairly cute. He smiles with perfect straight white teeth and drapes his arms around Sam as if he'd been doing it his whole life.

"He's an old friend of mine from the academy and is staying in town for a couple of days."

I wish she had of told me that. Wish she had of warned me before I told Sam to go out and live life to the full. Becasue now I feel as if the reason that Jack looks like he's about to die was my fault. I pushed her into the arms of another guy, no matter how good looking he is, she should be in arms of the one person who would walk to the ends of the world for her.

"Hopefully longer, If Sammy will let me."

I watch as Jack kicks his chair back and storms out of the room. Sam looks at me and shrugs, while Daniel gives me a weak smile and excuse himself with Teal'c. It's all my fault and I slide into the abandont chair. Sam and what's his name start to chat and share chaste kisses, while I put a cold hand to my burning forhead and wonder how I am going to make it up to Jack.

"Excuse me babe, but the mens room calls."

Yeah that's really spohisticated, why don't you show her how your gonna do it to? I curse myself for being so rude, but as I see Sam wave and blow him a kiss I nudge her in the sides.

"What are you doing?"

I hiss madly. She looks at my confused, looking all innocent and flushed in the cheaks. Don't give me that glazed look Samantha, Don't even dare lie to me. You know very well what your doing, your trying to replace the hole in your heart with some one else. But if you looked hard enough you'd see that you wouldn't have too, cause he loves you back.

"What's wrong with feeling needed for once in a while?"

Sam snaps and she looks at me angrily, Never before have I felt so hurt with such a cold look. If she wasn't my best friend and my daughters Aunt, I would tell her to go jump.

"Nothing. If you where like that. There where 3 men sitting here, who need you and you just ruined any chance you ever had with one of them. It's not that you don't feel needed, It's that your too scared to need some one.And finding it in some guy who you know will only hurt you is not so much unfair as it is selfish!"

I finish my speech with a sneer and stand up, not daring to look at her as I stalk towards the coat rack and burst out side. Maybe I was a little harsh and maybe I could of delt with it a better way. But I didn't, and that Is what I felt at the time.

I didn't know what would come later.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Nikki H.

Heliopolis - The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Archive