Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Drunken Thoughts - Daniel

by Nikki H
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
drunk1

Drunken Thoughts --Daniel

by Nikki.H.

TITLE: Drunken Thoughts --Daniel
AUTHOR: Nikki.H.
EMAIL: scc@theplanet.net.au
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: 100 days, Shades of Grey
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 3
RATING: PG-15
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Daniels thoughts when SG1 goes out one night.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

I don't know if I can take any more of this.

I turn away at the sight of Sam almost having her face bitten off by another guy. Some guy that isn't one 'us'. Some guy Sam had introduced to us as one of her old friends from the academy. What I'd like to know is, what academy did she go to exactly? Because if that's a science experiment I sure as hell wouldn't mind being the lab rat.

"Erm."

Even Jack looks a little hot under the collar. Sure Jack you can hide it all you want, but I know that you are wishing it was you being mauled my Sam. Wishing it was your hands running under her shirt and holding her ass to you body, wishing it was you hair she was raking her hands through.

"Should we leave now, Dr Jackson?"

Sure, Teal'c. I've certainly had enough, but if we leave who knows what more will happen, I can't help but feel responsible, and I don't care how long she's known this...fellow, he is wrong for her.

"I'm not really ready to go yet."

Good excuse Jack. Pull the other one. I look at Jack and his eyes are fixated on the empty beer bottle in front of him. Move over supermen, with the glare he's sending that glass it's likely to melt. I glance again over at Sam and frown. What is trying to prove? Is this to get Jack back for being a bastard to her? I thought she was ok with it. After Jack got back from being "Mr Mole Remover" she was normal, a little formal yes, but all of us where royally pissed off at him, even Teal'c muttered a few four lettered words, that in itself was a shock. But she seemed fine.

"Hey guys, why the long faces?"

I look up to see Janet smiling at us and I meekly burrow my head. Jack mentions to Sam, who is currently laughing with one leg draw around the what's-his-name's waist and titling her head back to expose a large amount of her chest.

Even Janet could feel Jack wince as he hungrily devoured her neck and trailed kisses all over her. Is she really trying to make us all sick? What is wrong with her? She is so smart, she should know better.

"Dammit, when I said live a little, that's not what or *who* I meant."

I look at Janet and see that a large frown had imbedded in her forehead. I'd rather not have her looking at me like that when she's going to give us our cheak up tomorrow. No thankyou.

I look up again and Sam at least had stopped her prancing about and was at least dancing, but with another guy. I groan and drop my head on the table. Jack on the other hand has almost broken his thumb in trying to break the beer with his bare hands.

"Janet!"

We all jump when Sam Comes tottering up to us, swaying slightly and smiling deliriously. Before either of us can say anything a tall man, I think he introduced himself as Tom or Tommy or Tim...I'm not sure, slinks up behind her and drapes an arm around her waist.

"Janet, this is Timmy-"

See I knew I was close.

"He's an old friend of mine from the academy and is staying in town for a couple of days."

More likely in your bed. I slap a hand over my eyes, as to push the bad thought out of my head. This is Sam, my best friend, I should be happy for her. It's not like she does this all the time.

"Hopefully longer, If Sammy will let me."

Oh no, she's giggling, just like she does with Jack and sends him a large smile. Oh-No. I look up to see Jack excusing himself and kicking his chair back, I stand up and go to follow him, saying goodbye to Sam and what ever his name was and take Teal'c with me. So much for a team night out.

"Perhaps we should cheer him up."

Good idea teal'c, how do you cheer up someone who's had their heart ripped in torn watching the women he wants be with someone else? Some how I don't think beer and pizza is going to do the trick.

"You guys don't have to come."

Yeah we do Jack. We're a team......well we where. And as a team we pick each other up when one is down. I put on my best reassuring smile and slap him on the back as we climb into car. She'll come round Jack, don't worry. She'll come round.

---------

"Women! Who needs them?"

You do Jack. 4 and a half hours later, and he's wasted. Totally and for once I'm glad that I am drunk too. Means I don't have to sit and think so much, means I can sit and just laugh at how funny that plot plant is. Funny.

"Phone!"

Who cares? I'm not getting up, I'm all nice and comfortable, this sofa is hugging me. So I hug it back. Wish the chairs in the debriefing room where as huggable as this. I know i'm wasted, but I don't care, really I don't, I like feeling like I'm about to throw up all over the carpet. I like feeling dizzy and like I've been running for hours and now I've stopped.

"I shall get the phone."

Who loves ya Teal'c? I do! Good old loveable, eye cocking Teal'c. Ya know what I'd give him a hug right now If I thought I could stand. SO I raise my beer and salute him. You da man.

"It is Major Carter."

It is Major Carter. Man I love his voice. It's so heavy and bold and at times makes you feel like your back in high school and your principal is yelling at you. But then again, Jack would know more about getting in trouble, I was the nice quiet one in school, while Jack was the prick of a Jock. Thought he was tough, huh I showed them, Super Danny, Space Monkey the first. Huh, shove that up your.......

"Tell her to screw herself."

I'd like to see that. I wonder if that would work? Maybe if she.... and now I know that I am wasted, because right now something in the back of my head tells me to sit up and listen, I can't for the life of me respond. If there was a goul'd attack righ now, I'd probably laugh.

"She is gone."

Good! But I stop and I think about it. Well more like let the image of her face settle into my brain and I recite her name until some feeling provokes action in me. I glance at Jack and he's holding a frame to his chest. And I feel it. The feeling of dread and guilt. Guilt for calling her every name under the sun for the last two hours, and not giving a damn when she is my best friend.

"I love Sam."

I hear Jack slur, but beneath all the alcohol he has consumed I know he's telling the truth. Not that it's anything new, It's just the first time he's ever said it outloud.

"I think It is best if you all retired for this evening."

Teal'c is right, he's always so damn right. So I close my eyes and collapse into the huggable couch. If I try hard enough I can pretend it's my own wife hugging me. Holding onto me like I was her life support, like I was the one true thing in her life that kept her whole.

The dizzyness has slowed and I can feel my heart beating lazily against my ribs. I hear shuffling and a thump and I know that Jack has gone to sleep. Teal'cs deep breathing fills the silence and I sigh. I miss the one noise I am so used to hearing, the little hump as Sam falls into a deep sleep. Little did I know that I would be a long time before I ever heard that noise again.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Nikki H.

Heliopolis - The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Archive