Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Laughing in the Rain

by Nikki H
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Laughing in the Rain

Laughing in the Rain

by Nikki H.

TITLE: Laughing in the Rain
AUTHOR: Nikki H.
EMAIL: scc@iform.com.au
CATEGORY: Romance
SPOILERS:
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Daniel thoughts with laughing in the rain.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Daniel Jackson lent back against the cold cave wall. The air around him was thick and humid, and the small breeze outside tasted sweet. A storm was coming. You could tell by the way the ants scattered and the way the moist air clung to your hair, causing bits of it to stick up. That and the huge black storm clouds that where approaching at a rapid pace.

The day had been long and tiring. The SG-1 team had arrived just after lunch and had spent the day searching the forest. Daniel had been quite excited when he saw the caves. He knew caves always held secrets for him to discover. They held protection from the sun beating down their backs, and sometimes quite often held a home for small animals.

Daniel had not been disappointed. He'd found journals, vases, utensils and pictures hidden in shelves of the walls. He anticipated going home and reading them all. Studying the race and finding out what made them so unique from themselves. He sometimes felt like an excited child awaiting their bedtime story, which often ended up being quite the case. He'd gotten many a lecture from Jack or Sam when finding him asleep at the computer. Sam got upset the most saying if he didn't start looking after himself she was going to make him stay at her house where she could keep an eye on him.

He smiled at that thought. She was like a big sister he never had. She'd always look out for him and always knew when something was up. He was often glad she cared the way she did, if not for her soothing comfort and Jack's sympathising, he doubted he'd ever be able to get through each day after Shar'uri had been taken from him. He smiled again looking over to Jack.

Jack was a solider through and through. He never let on how he was feeling, and never let people pity him. He'd opened up to Daniel though and they had become good friends. Brothers. Daniel didn't even mind being called 'space monkey'. Knowing it was Jack's way of saying 'hey buddy'. Daniel looked seeing the look on Jack's face when he came up with a new name for Daniel, feeling proud that he'd come up with such clever names.

Then there was Teal'c. A big bear but a softy at heart. He'd often confided in Daniel and was always looking out for him, when trouble arose during a mission. Daniel had to admit. It felt good to be in a family. Felt good to belong somewhere. Felt good to be loved and cared for. He'd never accomplished that as a child. Having to grow up to soon, as he was shifted from one foster house to another. He never felt needed or wanted by anybody. Until he'd found the stargate. It had opened many doors, some he'd rather closed. But kept open as a reminder on how precious life was.

The sky rippled. Unleashing a monstrous yawn as the thunder announced it's presence. Big fat rain drops tumbled from the sky. The heaven's weeping, so to speak. He remembered that Sam had told Cassie that when it rained it was really the God's watering their Garden with a big red watering can. Earth was the garden she said, and we where the ants. But as soon as she'd said that Jack had said the thunder was the flushing of a toilet, and Sam had thrown him a look. Daniel grinned. Jack often just acted up so he had a chance to play fight with Sam. Sam seemed to enjoy it just as much as he did and the teasing had became a comforting game between them. Often Teal'c had asked Daniel why this was, and it always made him laugh while trying to explain it.

"Space monkey, stop grinning like a baboon." Jack called out from across from him. "Your face might crack." His face pretending to show annoyance. But Daniel could see the twinkle of boredom in his eyes, showing he wanted to play.

"Well Sir, if you keep frowning and the wind changes, your face will stay like that." Sam pointed out, smiling as she lay with half of her body out of the cave and the other half in. She smiled as Jack pulled his tongue out and crossed his eyes.

"Oh right, this would be a much better face to keep." Jack joked. "I can just see serpent Guards running like mad after seeing this face."This elicited a giggle out of Sam and she kicked him playfully with her foot. "What are you doing anyway?" He asked watching her as she giggled as the splats of water hit her face.

"Being a human thermometer." She said simply. Not bothering to explain. Jack threw a lot at Daniel and tapped his temple to intimate she was crazy. Sam giggled and kicked him again. Daniel grinned, his face starting to hurt from smiling to much.

Everything went quite. Even Teal'c was quietly sitting mediating. All 3 men closed their eyes and leant back listening to the sounds of the rain hitting the cave outside. The wind slithered into the cave, cooling off their burning skin.

Daniel was drifting up when they heard a squeal. All 3 men stood up, fearing the worst. "What in the world is she doing?" Jack asked as they spotted Sam running around in the now pounding rain. Daniel picked up her discarded Jacket and placed it further in. Sam was giggling and laughing about as she chased a rabbit that had gotten caught in the rain. The little white furred creature ran away from her in fright as she caught up with it. She let it dissolve into the woods and turned back to them. She waved.

"I do believe she is laughing in the rain." Teal'c stated answering Jacks question. Jack ignored him as she came running towards them. She was grinning so hard that her dimples where indented into her red cheeks. Her hair was plastered down and her shirt soaked to the skin. She grasped Daniel's hand and pulled him into the rain. Daniel protested but she laughed and pulled him out further.

Daniel closed his eyes and let the water pour over him, cooling him. It felt like he was in one massive shower as the water came from all directions. Sam laughed and gripped both arms spinning him around in a circle. Daniel found himself laughing in no time, feeling carefree and childlike for the first time in his life. He giggled as Sam let go and the both twirled around in the mud. "Danny!" She called out in a sing song voice.

Daniel turned around and was met by a slap of mud in the chest. He laughed as she threw another one at him. Daniel ducked for cover, and reached down to the slick earth and threw one at her. She ducked and missed it by inches. She giggled her laugh sounding like bells twinkling. Daniel forgot about who he was, how old he was, and why he was here. Instead he laughed and madly threw mud at her, as he received blows of mud to his soaked body.

"Ya!" They both turned as Jack came charging down the hill, his arms raised stupidly above him head and chasing towards Sam. She squealed and threw a mud pie at him. It didn't falter his chase and he caught her and picked her up. She squealed in delight as he wrapped his arms around her and twirled her around in the air. Daniel laughed and threw a mud pie at Jack. He grinned and dropped Sam into the mud, rolling her over as she was slicked in the mud. She screamed as she wrestled him and tried to shove mud into his ears. Sam crawled over to Daniel and pulled him into the mud wrestle.

Suddenly all threw of them where hit by a massive mud pie. They looked up, covered in mud from head to toe, while Teal'c stood there grinning. Jack winked at Sam and they both screamed and tugged at Teal'cs legs and pulled him down. The jaffa laughed heartedly and pushed Jack into the mud.

"Space monkey, Help me!" Jack called out as Sam squished mud into his ears. Daniel grasped a hand full of mud and dumped it in Sam's hair. She screamed and jumped off Jack, tackling Daniel. He screamed and hid behind Teal'c for protection. Sam stopped as Teal'c looked from the mud in his hand to Sam. Sam screamed and ran towards Jack. Jack stood up and was hit by a mud pie. He slipped and collided into Sam, causing them both to scream and fall head first into the over flowing river. Sam was the first to jump up and scream.

Daniel smiled as he and Teal'c loaded up their hands again with mud and ditch them at them. He laughed as Sam was hit face on and she spluttered. Jack came up behind her, grinning and pulled her under with him. They watched as the two wrestled in the water, fighting and tugging and dunking one another. Daniel ran a mud clogged hand through his wet hair and mentioned to Teal'c at the river.

Racing both of them ran and bombed the two in the river. Jack called out as he was closet to Teal'c and a tidal wave of water hit him. Sam started screeching from laughter and pointed at him. Teal'c ran over to her, despite her screaming, and picked her up into the air. She screamed and laughed as he threw her into the deeper side of the lake.

The warm rain was now mixed with the coldness of the lake as they splashed each other and fought. Sam was now sitting on Jack's shoulder wrestling with Teal'c as he tried to push her off his shoulders. But Jack held on strongly to her thighs and kept her up right. Daniel laughed and splashed Jack trying to make Jack lose his balance. He eventually did and they both fell back laughing.

Without thinking Teal'c got Daniel up on his shoulders and Sam and Jack recuperated. Sam climbed back up onto Jack's shoulders and wrestled Daniel. Down below Jack's pulled faces at Teal'c and kicked as to knock the Jaffa off balance. Teal'c simply spat into his face and he jumped back.

Daniel laughed and tried to tickle Sam, she giggled and pushed him away, not losing her grip from his wrists. "Danny!" She screamed at him trying to push him down. Suddenly Teal'c crumbled from laughter underneath and fell. Sam yelled victory and Jack danced them around the lake. Teal'c and Daniel pulled themselves from the river and ran over to the cave. They could still hear them wrestling and screaming victory from the lake as they peeled their clothes off and started a fire.

There was a high pitched giggling and then silence. Daniel looked down through the tree's to see them on the river. Sam was pushed up against a rock as Jack kissed her passionately. Daniel smiled, turning away so as not to let on that he'd seen them.

*=*

Daniel was just falling asleep by the fire when he heard his friends enter the cave. Jack hushed Sam as she giggled and stripped by the fire. Daniel smiled as he heard the tell tale sound of kissing and removal of clothes. He shut his eyes tight and heard them go deeper into one of the tunnels of the cave and continue their assault on one another.

Teal'c tapped him gently on the arm. "Daniel Jackson are you awake?" He asked. Daniel open an eyelid and nodded, grinning. Teal'c nodded to the sounds of far away giggling. "Shall we pretend we did not hear them?" He asked.

Daniel smiled and closed his eyes. "Nah. But we'll tease them about it later." He heard Tealc nod and climb into his sleeping bag. Daniel grinned in his sleep and sleep soundly as his friends did otherwise in the back cave. Boy would he tease them, his last thought was as he drifted to sleep.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Nikki H.