Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Just Say So

by Nikki H
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Just Say So

Just Say So

by Nikki H

TITLE: Just Say So
AUTHOR: Nikki H
EMAIL: nikkih_2233@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: Nemesis
SEASON / SEQUEL: Four
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Sam dissmissed Jack's first offer for a vaction, does she a seond time
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:



"BOO!"

"Ahhh!" Sam cried, papers flying up in the air and showering both Sam and Jack. Sam turned and glared at Jack, as he grinned boyishly as his little joke. As her heartbeat returned to normal she gathered her papers. "That was so not funny, Sir." Sam lectured.

"Aww, it was if you where me." Jack joked and made no move to help her pick up her scattered papers. Something bright and shinny caught his eye and he went off to investigate. Sam threw his back a dirty look and she dumped her papers back on the bench. She watched fasinated as Jack began prodding a small mechine that she had left lying on the bench top. With a child like curiousity he shook it, smelt it and dare she say it, almost licked it.

"So was there something you needed, Sir?" Sam asked, trying to gain his attention back, so as not to have to rebuild the mechine he was now using as a action figure. He drove the mechine across the bench as if it was a toy car and pushed things around the desk that got in it's way.

"Not really." He answered destroying what *had* been her lunch as he drove the mechine through it. Sam rolled her eyes and hid a smile that graced her lips. He could be such a kid sometimes.

"So.." She lingered.

Jack finally looked up, throwing the *toy* aside and gracing her with a smile. "Well I have a problem you see." He started.

"Which one?" She mumbled, not loud enough to let him hear.

"And I need you help." Sam straighted and focused her eyes on him. Good a new project. If Sam was honest she'd admit that she was rather bored and was dying for a new challange. Prefably one that would take up her whole week of down time, so she wouldn't have to go to the Pentegaon reuinon.

"What's the promblem?" She asked eagerly.

Jack didn't look at her, his roaming fingers found a piece of paper and was folding it as he spoke. Sam peered over to see what he was making, but his hands moved quickly so she could not see. "Well, it's a therotical promblem actually."

Sam rose her eyebrows and looked at him. He still wasn't looking at her, his tounge darting in his cheek as it did when he was concentrating. Sam looked away from his mouth and refoucused on his hands.

"There's this guy, a friend of mine actually, well not a good friend, let's say just a guy that I know." He looked up briefly to make sure she was listening and she nodded, telling him to go on, but all the while watching what he had made with the piece of paper. "So, he know's this girl, well woman and she's like a total godess, not that I think that, this guy does, he loves her and stuff, not saying i'm jealous, 'casue i'm not, i'm damn happy for him, he's a good looking guy, really strong, you know?"

Sam blinked, trying to understand where he was going with this 'problem'. Sam thought his sentance over in her mind, nodding at his gaze and turning the problem over in her head. The unintrested part of her brain realised he had made a paper airaplane and was starting on a new one with what suspiciously looked like the paper from the DNA test she had ran earilier. "Yeah."

"Well not that I like this guy, i'm not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, but you know. Hey can I borrow that pen?" Sam shook her head in confusement and handed him her pen, looking at him now with a mix of suspected insanity and utter bewilderment.

"Sir?" Sam asked confused.

"Oh right, so anyway, this guy he owns this cabin, really fab. You know, fab lakes, lot'sa tree's, real secluded, kinda romantic, well I wouldn't say romantic, i'm not romantic, it's a cabin. Fish, wood and fire place kinda stuff, you know?"

Sam nodded, not really sure, but getting the gist that the Colonel was babling and that his friend liked someone and had a cabin. His hands quickly produced what looked like a paper frog head in his hand and he flicked it away. His hands started attacking another sheet of paper and Sam was growing quit dizzy.

"So he likes this woman, you know she kinda real smatter than him and she's really nice and pretty and stuff, not that i'm not intrested, though it's hard not too, everyone loves her." He shook his head and licked his lips. "Anyway, this friend,er.....Tom...wants to ask her to go. You know, get to know her. They've been through alot, but he dosn't know if she's intrested or not. Like friends have said she is, but he's not to sure."

"Ok." Sam agreed, trying to wrap her head around this bizzare talk with him, trying to figure out exactaly why he was asking 'her' this and not someone like Janet. "So he wants to ask her out?"

"Right!" He said smiling and looking up at her. Sam tried to see past the clouded hazel and try and figure out exactly what he was going on about. "How do I...er Tom, my friend, do that?" He asked, flittering the pen around the desk.

Sam smiled. "He says 'will you go with me'." Sam said bluntly, not understanding why his friend asked Jack to ask her this. "All he has to do is ask her nicely. I mean if it was me I, would be flattered, i'm sure that she would be too, unless she's not a very nice person and in that case she dosn't deserve his attention." Sam paused and saw Jack's cheeks go red. What was wrong with him, did he have a fever? Maybe she should go and get Janet. "Sir, are you alright?"

"Will you go?" He stuttered out. Sam looked up at him surprised. She blinked, not quiet undestanding.

"You want me to go?" She asked shakily.

Jack shrugged. "Well yeah, I mean as friends, it'd be fun. Hammond wont mind."

Sam shook her head, trying to think of a answer. "You want me to go into the woods with a stranger?" She tried to form the words to let him know it wasn't his friend she'd want to go with, it was him. "I mean, I don't even know him."

"Huh?"

"Huh?" Sam repeated his question.

"Sam what are you talking about?" Jack asked confused.

Sam went red in the face. "I thought.... you wanted me to go to the cabin with your friend...I never mind..." Sam hastily stood up and pushed away from the desk feeling ashamed and embarrased. Idiot! Her mind screamed.

Sam skidded out of the room, avoiding his calling after her. "Sam! Wait!" Sam stopped and turned around, feeling her eyes burn with tears. She stared at the floor as she saw the Colonel's boots before her and sighed. "Sam?"

His voice was soft and warm and Sam sighed, his finger came under her chin and pulled her face upwards. "Sam,-"

"Sir, you don't have to say anything, I was an idiot..-" Sam started to dismiss, but when she looked up into his eyes she saw he was laughing. Sam was overcome by anger. Irritated she slapped his shoulder and pushed him away. "Don't laugh! It's not funny." Although her own smile tugged at her lips.

Jack caught her hand as Sam went to punch him again and smiled. "Sam, calm down. Look i'm sorry, I didn't handle that very well." Sam sighed and looked at him, the laughter was gone, but replacyed with a soft smile. "Sam, *I* was asking *you* to the cabin, not with Tom, hell he dosn't even exist."

Sam took it the wrong way and glared at him. "So you where gonna send me on some date, and stand me up? Thanks alot! Thanks Colonel, your a great -" Sam was hastily stopped when his lips pressed against hers. She stopped dead still, his arms still holding hers to her cheast. Her brain kicked in and she found herself kissing him back.

When he pulled back he smiled at her. "Can I finish now?"

Sam looked at him. "If you think you can shut me up by kiss-" She was interputed as he kissed her again and this time she was pressed up against the wall. Tangling her hands around neck, she pulled him closer, while the whole time her head screamed at her. When Sam pulled away she breathlessly replied, "Go on."

Jack smiled and leant his forehead against hers. " I am Tom, sorta, I was using him as a desguise to ask you to go, I didn't have the guts to ask you." He explained.

Sam felt her heart turn to mush. "Jack..." She started. She smiled and slapped him. "You could of just asked me you know."

"Is that a yes?" He leered kissed her forehead.

Sam grinned playfully. "Well it sure aint a 'no', but I just might need some convicing." Sam winked and wrapped her arms around him again as he kissed her. They paused briefly to which Sam answered yes, before he dragged her down the corridor to the elevator, so they could 'pack'.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Nikki H