Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Which is Real?

by Nikki H
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Which is Real?

Which is real?

by Nikki H

TITLE: Which is real?
AUTHOR: Nikki H
EMAIL: nikkih_2233@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: POV
SEASON / SEQUEL: Three
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Just what does Daniel see in the realities in POV when he tries to find home?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

"Alright here goes." Daniel turned on the mirror and watched as it focused on what looked like Sam's Lab. He felt a sense of dread and despair settle over him and he looked at Jack.

" Thats what I was afraid of. When I turned off the device, I lost it's place. I now have to find our reality all over again."

"It's OK." Jack nodded sympathetickly. "We knew that might hapen, just stay with it."

Daniel watched as Jack and Kowalsky opened the door and snuck outside, leaving Daniel to stare at the mirror before them. He changed universes and took a deep breath. Infront stood a dark closet room, totally deslolate.

"Hello." He whispered as he changed realities. It was in another storage room, but in this one two figures occupied the storage floor. Daniel felt his cheeks deepen red as he saw who the couple was. Looking over his shoulder to make sure Jack wasn't watching, he grinned. "That's 1." He said as the AUSam hugrily kissed the AUJack.

He quickly changed and noticed with some disapointment that it was Sam's lab again. Looking down at the device in his hand, he cheaked to make sure he was dialing the right way, when movement caught his eye. Looking up he saw a small child with brown hair racing into the lab, pulling a pregant Sam behind him. The child pointed to the mirror and Sam clasped a hand over her child. She yelled soemthing that Daniel couldn't hear and Daniel grinned when Jack came running in, a smaller blond child in his arms. He handed his wife the child and walked towards the mirror, Daniel just waved and quickly changed. "That's 2."

The next universe showed the debriefing room, where Daniel found himself blushing again. Daniel looked behind him again, making sure Jack wasn't there. He quickly changed again as the AU Jack threw AUSam's shirt to the floor. "That's 3."

*~*~*~*~*~

"Whoops, too far" Daniel changed the scene from 2 Serpant Gaurds gaurding the door too two Jaffa's running towards him, staf wepons lit. Changing it hurridly, he saw a AUSam being led hostage from a room by two Gaurds. He felt guilty that he couldn't help her, but fustrated becasue he couldn't find his own world.

Looking down he cheaked to see how far to move, when he looked up. It was a beach of some sort. "Come on, Please." He muttered irritated. He changed again, the lighting flashes starting to irritate his eyes.

"Woah, that's 12." Daniel muttered as he spotted two figures running down the corridor laughing and holding hands. "Wait until Janet see's this." He muttered, quickly flicking again. He sighed as he saw another Goul'd invansion and then one that grasped his intrest. He stopped, seeing Jack kneeling on the ground on one knee. He was holding a small box an was offering it to someone.

"13." Daniel muttered as Sam lunged forward and kissed Jack. He changed again and sighed in relief to see himself standing talking to Sam. Jack came up and they all started talking about Something. Daniel waved to himself as he left the two. Not a moment too soon did his self leave that Jack grasped Sam into a hug and kissed her. "14" Daniel sung. Sam's hair was growing shorter and Jack growing older, so he figured he was getting closer.

"Hey." He whispered as he saw himself be punched by Jack. He watched as his counterpart stood up and yeld soemthing at Jack. Jack stopped and hung his head. At that moment Sam came in and saw them both with bloodied noses, she crossed her arms and yeld something at both of them. "Oh-oh." Daniel mutterd as Sam pulled a ring off her finger and threw it at Jack. He grasped the ring and she stormed out. Jack ran after her and left Daniel alone. But not long after, did Janet arrive and picked Daniel up from the floor.

"Oh." Daniel gasped as he watched himself pull Janet into a freezied kiss. "Okay, moving along." He said embarrassed and changed again. "Come on." He muttered as another 2 empty hallways appeared. "Go Teal'c." He whispered as Teal'c, and what looked like one of the nurses from the infirmary, kissed. Daniel smiled and muttered. "Sam and Jack 15, me 5, Teal'c 3."

*~*~*~*~*~*

"I'm serious Janet, there was a total of 27 realities where they were together." Daniel told Janet while she dabbed at his cut on his face.

Janet rose a suspious eyebrow. "27?" She asked disbeliving. "I don't believe it." She said, placing a stip of tape over the cut. "There, all better." Janet declared, helping him down from the chair. "Did you tell Sam?"

Daniel shook his head, scratching at the tape. "Nah, she's denying the fact that Dr Carter was married to Jack. Sam recons that it was another Jack." Janet nodded her head agreeingly. "Look, i'll show you." Janet looked at him carefully and Daniel took her hand.

"I thought General Hammond ordered it destroyed." Janet pointed out, putting down her board and following him out. Daniel smiled boyishly and led her to the storage caboured. "I see, so he dosn't actualy know that you've disobyed him." Janet shook her head smiling. "The old, what he dosn't know wont hurt him?"

Daniel smiled and shut the door behind him. "Exactly."

"So show me this 27 realities." Janet said crossing her arms and leaning against the door. Daniel grinned and switched it on. The first thing was just a storage caboured. "Oh yeah, is this one?"

"Shh." Daniel hissed. "Wait." He mentioned to the door being opened and sure enough Sam's head peeked around the closet to cheak it was empty. Smiling she tugged Jack in and he locked it behind them. Daniel smiled and looked at Janet, as Sam and Jack began to make out. "See." He pointed out. Janet shrugged and he changed it.

"Oh my." Janet excalimed as Sam and Jack lay naked on Sam's lab table. Just as Janet had uttered that, the AU General Hammond stormed into Sam's lab and the two jumped up startled. Daniel watched as his counterpart snuck his head round Hammonds and quickly whirled back around. Both Hammond and Daniel rushed out of the room, leaving Sam and Jack to search for their clothes.

~*~*~*~

"Colonel, have you seen Janet?" Sam asked seeing the Colonel in the hallway.

"No, i don't supose you've seen Daniel either?" Jack asked scratching the back of his head. He still felt uncomfortable silence settle between them when ever they talked.

Sam shook her head. "No, last i saw them they where walking around on level 23." Suddenly Sam froze and Jack caught on. "You don't supose their looking at the mirror do you?" Sam asked, already starting to follow the Colonel towards the elevator.

"You know Danny Boy, he likes to show off." Jack said, jaming the button on the level. As the elevator went up Jack snuck a glance at Sam and found her looking straight ahead. "You ok?" He asked gently.

"I will be." Sam said, before she had a chance to think about it. Jack nodded unsure and they waited for the lift to arrive on 23. When they stepped out, they saw a flash, following it, they arrived at the storage room and heard Janet's unmistable laughter. Jack rose a finger to his lips and Sam and Jack peered inside.

Daniel was pointing to the mirror laughing. Sam peered closer to see what he was looking at adn covered her mouth. There in the mirror was herself, with short hair, with her 'naked' back to the mirror. Daniel moved slightly to reveal a naked Jack pushing Sam against the door. Sam heard Jack cough uncomfortable beside her and she looked at him.

"Daniel i've seen this one already, change it." Janet protested from her sitting postion on a crate. Daniel changed it, oblivous to the two standing gasping at the door. Inside the mirror the scene showed Daniel's lab. This time Daniel was sitting at his desk, with Sam postioned on Jack's lap, nursing a baby in one hand while the other used to write something down on the paper.

"Baby no. 9." Daniel said, making Janet shake her head with silent laughter. "Notice how they are all boys?" Daniel pointed out, mentioning as the baby dressed in blue wiggled in her arms. The AU Jack kissed the baby's forehead and then Sam's neck. But she waved him off playfully and kept on writting.

Sam swalloed at the door, looking up worried at Jack. To her amusement, his mouth hung open, his eyes almost buldging. But a slight grin flickered across his features. Sam turned back to see the next reality in which the Dr Carter they had just said goodbye too, was carrying a wounded Jack over her arm, while kowasky smiled happily, helping them drag him past. "Looks like they made it." Daniel said looking at Janet. Janet nodded and he flicked dials again.

"How many is that now?" Janet asked.

Daniel was silent for a mintue coutnting it up. " ummm 43 sam and jack, teal'c 7, you 9, me 10."

Sam gasped, falling forward as she was leaning against the door. Jack went to catch her, but fell too and they came crashing into the room ontop of each other. Sam looked up too see a pair of ammused eyes and looked up at Jack. "Err, it's not what you think. "Jack spluttered.

Janet nodded. "You bet. We where never here, and we never had this conversation. Daniel?" Janet aggreed. Daniel nodded eagerly and the two stepped over the fallen couple and hastily left the room. Jack looked down at Sam and noticed that she was staring at him.

"What's say we make it 44?" He asked leaning down and swooping her lips up in a frenzy. Sam wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him futher down, kissing him passionalty.

Behind them the mirror flickered. Teal'c watched as Daniel left the room with Janet and he smiled. "That's 58." He muttered, before he changed realites again.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Nikki H