Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

No Regrets

by Nikki H
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
No Regrets

No Regrets

by Nikki H

TITLE: No Regrets
AUTHOR: Nikki H
EMAIL: scc@theplanet.net.au
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack, challenge response
SPOILERS:
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Where is Sam?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Okay this story is a result of the challange set by Jez, which was; * A cute cowboy (dosn't have to be real, can be on TV or something)* Sam singing and/or dancing to a Shania Twain song * A debate on briefs vs boxers (including what each of our guys prefer) * Someone yelling "stacks on!" * SJ romance (well duh) * and NO ANGST

"So what are you wearing?"

Sam looked at her friend with a frown on her face. When Janet had asked her to go out with them to the club tonight she had agreed, but what Janet had left out was that the rest of her team was going. So since Sam had found out the rest of the team, or more importantly Jack, was going, she had been staring at her cupboard for the last 2 hours.

"I have nothing to wear." Sam complained throwing a pair of jeans over her head, making Janet cry out in protest as they hit her. Janet on the other hand had been ready 3 hours ago and was still trying to help Sam decide.

"Oh this is cute." Janet said holding up a light blue dress. Sam frowned and gave her friend a pleading look, throwing herself on the bed and burrowing her head in a pillow.

"I don't want to look cute." Sam moaned. "I want to look sexy, I wanna look mysterious, I don't want to look like Major Carter, science geek."

Janet sighed. "Sam your *not* a geek. Geeks don't spend two and a half hours looking for something to wear." Janet smiled as Sam threw the dress at her and began wondering through her closet again. "You *are* sexy. If you don't believe me I will personally call some certain people up and they would agree with me."

Sam pulled a face. "Janet, Daniel would say anything, he's too nice, and Teal'c doesnít count because all he would do is nod and then walk away confused and if you dare ring up Simmons I will hit you across the head with this coat hanger."

Janet threw her hands up in the air and started going through the back of the cupboard. "Ah ha!" She cried triumphantly, but was lost in the big cupboard. Sam reached in and grabbed her lost friend and pulled her out, while Janet clung onto a certain garment. "This is *perfect*"

Sam looked at Janet as her friend held up a leopard skirt with a matching boob tube. "Ah, Janet. You've got to be kidding. That's my Halloween costume."

Janet smiled. "Not for you stupid. For me. Meow, I can wear this skirt for the date I have tomorrow." Sam just shook her head, laughing as her friend twirled about in the skirt.

"Okay, okay." Janet said focusing on the problem at hand. "But I did find an outfit for you." Sam raised her eyebrows as Janet made her way back into the closet and came back with her hands full.

"Janet, they are the oldest jeans I own." Sam protested as Janet laid out the dark blue jeans. "Plus they are too small."

"Exactly" Janet supplied. "Theyíre *tight* and with this top, you'll be hip as well as sexy." Janet reminded her. Sam looked at the clock on her night stand and sighed. They had to be there in half an hour, so she might as well.

Sam sighed and went to the bathroom to get changed, hoping against hope that the jeans wouldn't be too tight. But when she slipped them on she found they weren't as tight as the last time she'd tried them on. They sat snug on her hips, way bellow her belly button, giving a glimpse of the normally hidden skin. Sam shook her head at the shirt she had been given. It was Janetís glittering blue boob tube and one that barely covered the bottom of her ribs.

"Rrrrrr. Watch out Colonel O'Neill. Good thing there's gonna be a doctor" Janet said from the doorway as Sam finally re emerged. Sam being shy, lowered her head and shrugged on her jacket. "See now stop. Relax okay. Jack thinks youíre sexy in fatigues, this is gonna blow his mind away." Janet smiled and clapped her hands. "I am a miracle worker."

"Don't quit your day job."

"Ouch, that's feisty." Janet said laughing and pulled her friend out the door.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"What time are they coming again?"

"Jack chill, they'll be here any minute." Daniel assured him as Jack took another sip of his beer. Daniel smiled secretly and looked at the door, waving as he saw Janet's head pop around the corner and pried Sam from the entrance. Sam nervously nodded at something Janet said and came over to them.

To say Jack was stunned was one way of putting it. "Carter." He breathed as Sam came up to them. Luckily Sam had lost her nerves and smiled delighted. "Fancy seeing you gals here." He said, controlling his earlier shock.

"Funny that." Sam said sitting down. "So what are we all drinking?"

"Mmm, you can drink what you want, but me, I'm gonna go drink where that cowboy is headed." Janet said waving and then disappearing towards the bar where a man in tight jeans and a cowboy hat stood.

Sam laughed and shook her head, the others looking at her expectantly. "Janet has this *thing* with cowboys." Sam explained as Janet slid up next to the guy and ordered herself a drink. In the next moment, he started laughing at something Janet had said and Janet was smiling proudly.

"Have you got a thing for cowboys Sam?" Daniel leered jokingly.

Sam snorted, giving a sly grin. "Who me? Hell no, give me a man in his dress blues and I'm there." Sam teased mercifully.

Daniel smiled delighted as Jack blushed slightly, but he recovered quickly. "So that's why you stay and talk to the General all the time? You got a bit of hidden desire for our General?" Jack teased. "Wouldn't that be against regulations, Major?"

Sam smiled cheekily. "Ah, but *Colonel* as you yourself say, screw the regs!" Jack and Daniel began to laugh at Samís impersonation of Jack's voice and Sam excused herself to get a drink.

"Nice piece of ass huh?" Daniel murmured in Jack's ear as Sam walked towards the bar, Jack's eye never leaving her.

"Oh yeah." Jack whistled, but stopped and looked at Daniel. "Er, I mean if you like that kinda thing. But not me, no."

"Because it's against regs?"

"Shut up Daniel."

"Touchy." Daniel whispered to Teal'c who had been silent the whole evening. Teal'c nodded and watched as Janet and Sam burst out laughing and Sam stole the cowboy hat that had been sitting on top of Janet's head.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Don't be stupid, You know I love ya, Don't be absurd, you know I want ya, don't be impossible."

"Sam that aint the words." Janet declared as the walked outside in the cold air. Sam snorted drunkenly and continued to sway about in the middle of the side walk. Suddenly she tripped and lay in a heap on the ground giggling.

"Stacks on!" Jack cried and made a run towards her. Sam screamed and moved out of the way, but he had already dove and they both let out a cry as they hit each other. "How come that sounds better in your head?" Jack asked as they unpeeled each other from the ground and he helped Sam up.

Sam giggled and hit him lightly on the chest. "íCause your drunk."

"I'm not drunk." Jack protested, but cried out as he walked into a telegraph pole. He rubbed his head as Sam burst out laughing and he stuck his tongue out at her.

After spending half the night at the bar getting drunk, SG-1 and Janet or so much, Teal'c, had decided it'd be better if they walked to Danielís apartment and crashed there.

"Dance with me." Sam cried as she pulled Jack towards her and they began waltz down the side walk. "Don't be stupid, you know I love you." Sam sung out loud as Jack twirled her and then dipped her.

Daniel walked past them as they began to burst out laughing. "Bet you my boxers that they do it tonight." Daniel said to Janet drunkenly. Janet pushed him to the side jokingly, knowing she was just as drunk as he was.

"You wear boxers?" She asked Daniel.

Daniel stopped for a second and thought about it. "I think so, hang on." Janet burst out into a fit of drunken laughter as he checked and then nodded. "Uh huh. Aliens!" He declared.

"Er, Aliens are for dweebs." Jack said doing the tango with Sam past them. Sam giggled as they twirled again and looked up at him drunkenly.

"And what, Colonel, are you wearing?"

"Ah" Jack said mysteriously dipping her. "Wouldn't you like to know. " Sam pouted and stuck her lip out, making him laugh. " I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

"He's wearing superman boxers." Daniel called out, making Janet burst into a fresh batch of laughter. Teal'c looked at them all curiously and then shook his head, ignoring the looks of two teenagers walking down the street holding hands. Sometimes they were so embarrassing.

"And how do you know Daniel?" Jack asked defensively, twirling Sam and then waltzing her back down the path, passing Daniel and Janet.

"Saw it when you answered the door this afternoon in your boxers, remember?" Daniel said, looking to Teal'c for confirmation, who in reply nodded.

"I woulda thought he'd be a briefs man myself." Janet replied, looking deep in thought.

Sam nodded agreeably, when Jack dipped her and then leered. "Okay, so what are you two wearing?" He asked.

Sam giggled and slapped him playfully. "Wouldn't you like to know." She replied repeating his earlier reply. Jack pulled a face and she smiled, placing a quick peck on his cheek before taking off in a run down the street, towards Danielís front door.

Jack grinned at Janet evilly and then sprinted off after her. Daniel looked to Janet and they high fived each other. "Was part of the plan feeling so drunk?" Daniel asked as he pulled his keys out of the pocket.

"I don't remember. But I don't mind." Janet said, yawning. "Hmmm, I hate being sleepy."

Daniel nodded. "You get that too?" He asked surprised. Janet nodded and he held out his hand and they walked upstairs. Teal'c watched them as the two couples headed in different directions into the apartment. Scratching the back of his head, he closed the door behind him and went over to the lounge. Turning on the TV he began to flick through the channels and turned the volume up as his friends made rather suggestive noises. For Teal'c it was going to be one late night.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Aw my head." Daniel moaned as sunlight blinded him for a minute.

"You can say that again." Said a sleepy voice beside him and he smiled as Janet rolled over. Daniel's smile grew bigger and wider as he looked around the room. Clothes lay in a neat pile at foot of the bed and one of Janet's bras lay hanging over the side of the lamp.

"You regret anything?" Daniel asked worriedly as Janet pulled the blanket around her.

"No. Do you?" Janet said carefully watching his expression. Daniel shook his head and smiled, leaning over to kiss her gently. "I do have one though." Janet said as they came up for air. Daniel pulled back worriedly, but Janet smiled and stroked his hair. "I wish I didn't have so much to drink, my head is killing me."

Daniel smiled and leant forward and kissed her again, feeling content as she wrapped her hands around his neck and pulled him further down. Suddenly they looked up as they heard a yelp, followed a loud thump.

Janet smiled and grinned. "Looks like someone else had some fun other than us."

"Mmmmm."

=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Holy Hannah!" Sam cried as she clicked heads with someone, yelping as Jackís hand automatically shot out, hitting her in the breast.

"Carter?î Jack asked sleepily opening his eyes and pulling back his hand that was resting on Sam's breast. Sam looked at him, her eyes wide, her mouth open.

"Sir?" She gasped out as he didn't move his hand.

"Oh Shit!" Jack cried and rolled away. But since they where on a couch in Daniel spare bedroom, he rolled off the couch and hit the ground with a thump.

"It wasn't a dream?" Sam squeaked out, hugging Jack's jacket to herself as he pulled his pants on. Sam felt a tinge of hurt as he stood up and didn't face her.

"No. It wasn't." He said sharply. He turned around to see Sam looking down shamefully at the jacket wrapped around her protectively. Jack could already smell her on every inch of his skin. "I'm sorry. I was drunk."

"I know." Sam said sadly and began to get up and look for her clothes. "I'll get out of your way." She said not looking at him.

"Sam, stop." Jack said grasping her arm. The jacket slid off her and she looked up at him, shivering as the cold met her body. "I don't have any regrets if you don't." He said softly.

Sam shook her head. "I don't." Jack smiled and leant down and kissed her, wrapping his arms around her and bringing her back to the couch. Sam smiled and settled back onto the couch as he began to kiss her more passionately.

=-=-=--=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Teal'c this is General Hammond. Do you know where the rest of SG-1 is?"

Teal'c glanced back at the bedrooms, both doors where shut tightly and moans came out from beneath them. He looked back at the phone and then walked towards the balcony, away from the noise.

"They are asleep right now. We fell asleep at Dr Jackson's last night. I could wake them if you like." He said, being careful about what he said.

"No, no Teal'c. That's fine. They deserve their rest. I was ringing to tell them they have a week of downtime. Have a good week Teal'c."

Teal'c smiled and glanced back at the door. "Thank you General Hammond, I will make sure to pass on the message." He said goodbye and then turned to the kitchen, picking up some paper and a pen and wrote that he had gone to get them breakfast.

Teal'c smiled and shut the door, leaving them to themselves.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Nikki H