Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Just Perfect

by Nikki H
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Just Perfect

Just Perfect

by Nikki H

TITLE: Just Perfect
AUTHOR: Nikki H
EMAIL: scc@theplanet.net.au
CATEGORY: S/J, romance
SPOILERS: Umm anything with Apothis in it our AU's in it!
SEASON / SEQUEL: none
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Alternate reality meets our reality.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Ok, welcome to nikki's worm hole of confustion. This is a whole AU what if idea, so bare with me. It's also in parts up to 5 so if you miss any please feel freet to conact me and by all means I LOVE feedback, so please send!



" I'll tell, Mommy!"

Sam groaned and rolled over, Jack's hand automaticly curled around her waist tighter and she burried her head in his shoulder as the yelling grew louder.

"Well i'll get Dad!"

Jack moaned as Sam pulled the covers over their head. "It's your turn." She moaned.

"Ah-ah, no way. I got up last time, It's your turn." Jack reminded her, pushing her towards the end of the bed.

"Let the dog get up." Sam moaned, giggling at the thought of their dog, Charlie, getting the twins out of whatever fight they where having.

"Ow, stop hitting me Jake!"

"Argh!" Jack murmered and climbed out of bed. "You owe me Sam." He muttered and slid on a shirt.

"Gimme it!"

Sam giggled and waved as Jack left towards the twins bedroom. As soon as Jack opened the door the two boys snaped to attention. The buzz light year toy was dropped to the floor and fell next to the comando men.

"He started it!" The two boys automaticly said in usion. Jack rolled his eyes and looked to the dog.

"What do you think, Charlie?" He asked. The dog who was sitting on the rug in between the two boys bed let out a moan and covered its eyes with it's paws. Jack smiled and looked at the boys who where now sitting still on Jacobs bed, their blue eyes glinting with innocene from under their shagy brown hair.

"What's say we go and wake your mom?" Jack said evily running over to the boys and launching into a tickle fight. The boys squealed with delight and wrestled with their dad, each jumping on him and trying to tickle them.

The dog got up and pattered to the main bedroom to escape the noise and jumped up onto the bed, nestling on Sam's feet. Sam smiled and gently nugged the dog. "You big sook." She said and sat up as Jack came into the room with two squirming boys under each arm. "How's my favorite boys?" She asked.

"Mommy!" Came the reply and the two boys dived for their mother, grabbing her in a hug and pushing her back onto the bed.

Within seconds Sam had the upper hand and wrestled the two boys onto their back and begun to tickle them. Simon managed to jerk free and reached out for his dad. "Daddy help!" He giggled as Sam reached out and caught him.

Jack smiled and pounced and wrestled Sam for the boys. Sam giggled as Jack began to tickle her and the boys giggled as their mother rolled around laughing.

"Yuck!" Jake protested as his parents began kissing.

"Leave 'em alone Jake." Simon said. "They're in love."

Jake rolled his eyes and wrestled his brother onto the floor. "Your such a geek, Simmy."

"Don't call me Simmy!"

"Simmy! Simmy! Mommy's Boy Simmy!" Jake yelled dancing around on the floor. Sam giggled and pushed Jack away as thw twins began to fight.

"I am not!" Simon declared stomping his foot. "Your just a....idiot!"

Jake stopped dancing and giggled. "Ow, I'm scared."

"Knock it off Jake, you immiture little disfunctional brat!" Simmon shouted. Jack laughed and looked at his wife. "I think some one got the share of the brains." He said as Jake just pushed Simon over.

Sam giggled. "And I can see someone else got his share of being bullheaded." Jack play slapped Sam and she leaned up and kissed him, but it was broken apart quickly as the phone rang.

On cue Charlie barked and Jake yelled 'i'll get it!' at the top of his lungs. Jack jumped out of the bed and outrang Jake to the phone picking it up just before they hung up.

"O'Neill residence." He said as Jake and Simmon ran past him into the lounge room to watch cartoons.

"Hey Jack, We need you and Sam on base." Daniel said quickly. "Bring the boys, Cassie will mind them."

"Oh, Ok. What's up?"

"The General just said to call you." Daniel said, not supplying anymore information.

"Who is it?" Sam asked wrapping her arms around him and kissing his shoulder. Jack said goodbye and hung up, turning to her.

"Daniel, said we needed to be at the base."

As expected Sam groaned. "But it's Sunday and we where going to take the boys out." Sam moaned. Jack wound his hand around her waist and pulled her close.

"I know, but Cassie siad she'd mind the boys, and we shouldn't be there too long. I'm sure the General wouldn't call unless it was important." Jack told her kissing her on the forehead.

"I know." Sam replied dissapointed. "I'll make breakfast while you get dressed."

Jack smiled and looked at the boys staring in awe at the t.v at some cartoon. "What about them?"

Sam smirked and snorted. " You try breaking them away from the box when the cartoons are on."

"Good point." Jack said and quickly went to get dressed. But upon getting to the hallway he turned around and looked at Sam. "Hey Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"Love you."

Sam smiled at him. "Love you too." She replied and happily went to get breakfast. Life was perfect.

But how long would it be before it fell apart?

***#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

"Sir, what's wrong?" Jack asked as he and Sam sat down at the de breifing table. The General looked worried and slowly sat down.

"Apothis, has waged an attack on earth." He said slowly. "We got word from the Asgard that they have 4 ships due our way in a little under an hour."

"What!?!" Jack spluttered standing up. The General looked at each of them sadly.

"There's nothing we can do. We've tried everything. I sumond you in hope that you can come up with something Sam." Everyone turned to Sam and she bit her lip.

"How long exactly have we got?" Sam asked.

"I know what your thinking. " The General said. "Why not evacuate everyone through the stargate? But there's simply not enough time." Hammond replied sadly.

"So that's it?" Jack asked angryily. "We just say nice knowing you?" Sam placed a hand on Jacks shoulder and he looked to her. "Sam, we can't give up, there must be something we can do."

Sam was qiuet thinking things through, but before she got a chance the claxtons began to sound through the base and Sam looked at Jack, seeing fear lick at his eyes for the first time.

Everyone rushed to attention as soon as they heard the blast of a staff weapon and Jack grasped Sam's arm. "Sam, what ever happens I want you to promise me you'll take the boys and go through the mirror."

Sam looked at him. "Jack no." She said tears welling in her eyes. Jack leant down and kissed her as if it was the last time.

"I love you Samantha." He whispered in her ear. Sam looked at him, anger alight in her eyes.

"No Jack!" She snapped. "No, I wont pretend this is it. No, Jack I wont say goodbye. We need you, the boys need you." She gripped his shirt and looked up at him, tears coursing down her face. "I need you Jack."

Jack looked deep into her blue eyes. He was torn between pretecting earth or his family. He felt his own tears begin at the thought of losing either of them, and to be truthful he didn't want to die yet. He wanted to live, to see his boys grow up to be men, he wanted to live the rest of his life with Sam in his arms.

"Mommy? Daddy?" The sound of shouting pulled them apart and Sam turned to take the scared boys in her arms. Jack looked at Sam and touched her shoulder. She knew he had to go, he had a loyalty to save earth as much as best he could, even if it meant in place of his life.

"Jack," Sam called out as he left. He turned around and she smiled at him. "I love you." She whispered.

Jack nodded and looked at the boys. "Boys look after your mom."

The boys nodded, as if understanding that there father was leaving and they clutched Sam tighter to them. Jack looked at them one last time and then ran off. Sam felt a tear trickle down her face and the only thing that stopped her from running after him was the boys in her arms.

"Come on." She whispered and pulled them to their feet. The boys followed quickly, each one holding their mothers hand and looking around corners cautiously. Simon let out a cry as he saw a Goul'd running past them and Sam pulled the boys behind her before raising her zat gun and blasting the jaffa. The Jaffa fell to the ground and the boys peered around their mothers back.

"Cool." Jake muttered and despite the situation Sam smiled and pulled them along the corridor. Finally they made it to the labs and Sam pulled the door shut. Jake and Simon helped her push the cabinents against the door and Sam turned on the mirror hoping for the best and praying that Jack would be ok.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*##*#*#*#*#*#*##*#

Our Reality;

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

"Dude, I wouldn't touch that." Airmen Mathews warned Airmen McPhee. "You know what the Generals been like since Dr Jackson messed about with it."

McPhee waved off Mathews and went back to looking at the mirror infront of him. McPhee had heard all about Dr Jacksons adventure through the mirror, but looking at the object in front of him, he didn't believe a word they had said. It was just a mirror.

"Dude, you wanna get fired?" Mathew warned looking around the storage room franticly worried that at any moment someone would burst in and bust them. Mathews was hoping that someone wasn't the General or worse, Teal'c. That guy was huge and could flatten either one of them with just a flick of his hand.

"Would you quit being such a girl?" McPhee snapped, poking at the mirror wondering how it turned on.

"I 'aint no girl." Mathews argued. "I'm careful and if anyone comes in it's gonna be my ass, so quit poking it before you break something!"

McPhee rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

Suddenly the mirror snapped to life and McPhee jumped backwards. "What did you do?" Mathews spat as the mirror began to sway back and forth.

"Shoot, I didn't do anything. I swear it." McPhee swore and moved back so that Mathews could examine in.

"Well turn it off." Mathews hissed looking around worridedly.

"I don't know how." McPhee spluttered. "I didn't even turn it on. Someone else did." He looked around the back of the mirror expecting to see some kind of an off button.

"Oh we are gonna get it." Mathews muttered. "I've been here 2 months and your getting me fired. My dad is gonna *kill* me!" He muttered pacing back and forth.

"Oh will you get a grip!" McPhee told him gripping his arm and yanking him backwards. "We'll just throw one of them sheets over it and we'll be fine."

Mathews glared at him as if he had gone mad. "Are you crazy?" Mathews exploded. "Yeah, a sheet is gonna protect us from what ever hell you just unleashed! We are not SG-1, we are not industructable!" He begun to pace around the mirror trying to turn it off. "Touch it again, maybe you can turn it off."

"I aint touching nothin'." McPhee said backing up.

"You broke it!"

"I did not!"

"Hi!"

"Ahhhhhh." Both airmen screamed as two children identical to each other stood infront of the mirror. Both men looked at each other and then turned and ran out of the room.

They two boys looked at each other and turned around to see their mother stepping through the mirror. She looked back worriedly as she turned to the boys.

Jake reached up and hugged her. "Don't worry Mommy, Dad will come." Sam smiled, but tears ran down her eyes and she held her boys close and hugged them as she wept. Simon looked at Jake and the two boys nodded at each other and wrapped their mom in a big hug.

"We'll look after you mommy."

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*##*#*

"So Sir," Sam said holding up the beer bottle as a way to describe how the reactor work. "When we place the bottle with the apple-"

Sam was cut off midsentance as the sound of two airmen yelling past her lab interupted her. Sam shot a look at Jack and they ran out after them.

Teal'c who had been coming to vist the two, stopped the two men as they came to a scretching holt. Teal'c rose his eyebrow at the two men and then at Sam and Jack who came chasing after them.

The first airmen, Mathews, was standing with his head in his hands whispering something about 'killing me' and 'ghosts'. Jack looked at the two men expectantly, while Sam broke the silence.

"What's wrong?" She asked gently.

"Nothing."

"Ghosts."

The two replied at the same time and Jack looked at Sam as if to say 'here we go'. "Well." Sam asked looking at the two. "Which is it?"

"It was all his fault." Mathews spluttered."I said don't touch it and he did and then it lit up, and we where like oh you've done it, and then these kids, oh my god they where the same and they where like ghosts and -"

"WOAH!" Jack yelled silencing the man. "Back up the cart." He said making Sam smile. "Now." He replied turning to McPhee. "What happened. But slowly." He warned.

McPhee glared at Mathews who was looking ashamed at his feet. "Well, I was kinda touching the mirror." He said really quietly looking down.

"What?" Jack asked not hearing what he said.

"He touched the mirror and these ghosts came out of it!" Mathews exclaimed with an outburst. "Sir, please don't fire us, it was an accident. He didn't mean too and....."

"Nobody is getting fired." Sam said calmly placing a hand on Mathews shoulder. "Yet." She added as he breathed a sigh of relief, which made him tense. "As for ghosts, what ghosts? What exactly did these 'ghosts' look like?"

McPhee and Mathews looked at each other and sighed, knowing they had to tell them everything. "Well they where kids Ma'am." Mathews said quietly.

"They looked like you two actually." McPhee said, Mathews nodded confirming his statment. "And they where boys though. Two of them, identical."

Sam and Jack looked at each other with raised eyebrows and looked back when Teal'c cleared his throat. "Perhaps they came through the mirror. Alternates perhaps?" Teal'c sujested.

Sam nodded and Jack sighed. "Okay Fella's, why don't we go see what trouble you have brewed for us." Jack said making the airmen lead the way.

"I told you were gonna get it." Mathews hissed to McPhee.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*##*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*##**#*#

Alternate Reality;

"So Col. O'Neill,we meet again." Jack swore at the sound of Apothis voice and he slowly turned around. Behind him a airmen fell as he was hit by a staff blast and the sound of mechine gun echoed in the distance.

Jack shuddered at the sight of Apothis twisted face of hate and felt his blood boil in his viens. His thoughts went to Sam and his boys as Apothis stalked towards him the hand device stretced out towards him.

"So Apothis," Jack drawled backing up slightly so that he could buy himself some time. "Had enough of hidding from the system lords hey? So you think if you defeat us they will fear you."

"O'Neill you are how they say it, not without a brain." Apothis replied, lowering his hand slowly. "But that's too bad, because now you will die."

"Gee." Jack said sarcasticly feeling against the wall for the button to shut the door. Jack could feel the explosive controls in his back pocket. All he had to do was buy himself some time to make sure his men where out and he'd blow the bottom half of the base sky high. "Did you think of that all by yourself? Or did you steal it from Sokar, like everything else?"

Apothis groweled and raised his hand, but just as he did Jack slammed the button and the doors came slamming down, trapping Apothis hand and slammed it into the cement floor. Apothis howled in pain and Jack ran over and shoved his heel into the man man, before ripping off the hand device and running to the labs.

"Hold on Sam.I'm coming." He mumbeled as he saw the others at the elevator. He pushed the red button and fell backwards as the floors rumbeled from explosions.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*?*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Our Reality;

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*##*

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Jake moaned. Sam looked to Jack smiling as the alternate Sam just hugged her son tight.

"Your always hungry." Simon retorted. Jack shook his head from laughing and turned to see the AU Sam nudge the two to stop arguing.

"I'm sorry to be such a burden." AU Sam started, she smiled her thanks as Daniel gave her two ice blocks. The boys took them greedily while AU Sam looked to the door as if to see her Jack walk through at any moment.

"He'll be Ok." Jack tried to assure her, but after the tale she had just told them he wasn't sure. If it was him after all, he knew that he would do anything to save earth, even if it meant dying.

"He's right. Why don't you get some rest?" Sam sujested to her alternate and shot Jack a concerned look. AU Sam nodded and hugged her boys tight before lying down.

"Hey, while your Mom sleeps, how 'bout we go and find us some fun?" Jack asked and the boys looked at their Mom worridly. "What's wrong?" Jack asked as they didn't move.

"Daddy said to look after Mom and that's what we'll do until he gets back." Jake told him, holding his mothers hand tighter.

"Yeah, no thankyou we'll stay." Simon agreed taking his mom's other hand. Sam felt something well in her stomach and she pulled Jack out of the room to give them some privacy.

"Wow." Jack muttered as soon as they stept outside. "My alternates a pretty lucky guy." Jack said turning to Sam.

Sam grined and wound her arms around his neck. "I dont' know, I think I'm pretty lucky to have you all to myself." Sam smiled and leant up and kissed him.

Jack returned the kiss and sighed. "But you know what I mean Sam. I know we said kids arn't an option right now, but one day right?" He asked her.

Sam grinned and kissed him on the forehead. "Without a doubt." Sam replied. "Beside's I still have to house train *you* yet, let alone kids."

Jack grinned and slapped her on the backside lightly. Then he stopped. "Kids? As in more than one?" He asked hope alighting his eyes.

Sam nodded. "I don't know about a brady bunch family but I've always wanted alot of kids." Sam started giggling and kissed him again.

"I don't know." Jack replied. "Teal'c and Daniel are big funny looking kids, I don't think I want anymore." Jack cracked and Sam giggeld.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*##**#*##*

"You are so lucky that O'Neill gave us another chance." Mathews said as they once again took the post they had been on earlier in the morning.

"Oh he's a push over. With him and the Major an item, he's turned into a softy." McPhee said leaning back in the chair.

"I wouldn't say that too loud." Mathews said. "These walls have ears."

McPhee waved his hand dissmissive."Whatever, you and your girlyness again."

"I'm not a girl!" Mathew protested. "Besides I wasn't the one who got us in trouble in the first place." He reminded him.

"Why becasue I did this?" McPhee said touching the mirror. Mathews jumped forward to stop him but it was too late, McPhee already touched it.

"Your such a girl!" McPhee said laughing as he kept touching the mirror and nothing happened. Mathews scowled and turned his back on his friend.

"Bite me Man, just bite me."

"Ahhhhhh!"

Mathews whirled around to see O'Neill burst through the mirror and knock over McPhee. "Oh-oh." Mathews quipt before O'Neill stormed out of the room.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

O'Neill franticly searched the hallways of the alternate SGC. He knew Sam had gone to this one because for the last 4 weeks Sam had been studying the reality 7 clicks from the begining. They had found that there was no Goul'd threat and that if anything happened they would go to this universe.

But Jack didn't have the faintest idea where too look so he went straight to the infrimary to start looking. But as he neared the infirmary he saw Sam standing on tip toes kissing his alternate.

"Hey!" Jack yelled and ran up to top them. The two whirled around and Jack was relieved to not see the scar on Sam cheek. His wife had one on her right cheek and upon seeing the startled look on her face he knew it wasn't her.

"Daddy!" Jack turned to see Jake turn and run towards him, lunching himself into his arms. Jack grinned happily and hugged his son, kissing him on the head and whispering how much he had missed him.

"Jack?" Jack looked to see *his* sam, his wife, standing holding Simon in her arms. Jack ran up to her and engulfed them all in a hug, kissing them all and thanking every God he could think of.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*##**

Our Reality;

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

Sam smiled as the AU family was reunited. She looked up at Jack and he wound his arms around her waist. He felt his heart glow as the boys protested about being squissed in the middle as their parents kissed.

Jack placed his own kiss on Sam's head and they nodded as Jack turned to appologise to yelling out to them.

"Don't worry about it." Jack assured him and they turned as the General cleared his throat.

"So everything is in order in your world?" He asked concenered about them going back into a dangerous world.

AU Jack nodded and hugged his family again. "The others are waiting back at the labs for me. We blew up levels 25 to 28. They army was destroyed and so was Apothis."

"Alright!" Jack said, gaining a smile from everyone.

"Mommy, I'm tierd." Jake declared and everyone laughed. Jack placed a kiss to his son's head and one to his wife and other son.

"I think this is the part were we leave." AU Sam annoucned yawning herself. Personally she couldn't wait till she got back home.

After thanking them for everything, The AU family left and things returned to normal at the base. McPhee and Mathews wern't fired after all and the base returned to it's hectic schedule.

"So Sam, what do you propose we do with the rest of the evening?" Jack asked, placing a kiss on Sam's neck and breathing softly into her ear.

Sam shrugged. "We could go back to the labs...."

"And make love on the desk?" Jack asked excited.

Sam hit him playfully. "Or work."

"Party pooper." Jack declared walking her to the base anyway.

Sam grinned mischeivously. "Besides last time I got a scar from lying ontop of the mircscope."

"Ok, so I move everything off the table first?" Jack asked, earning a grin from Sam.

"Now were talking." and they raced off to the lab.

So that's the end......or is it????

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#**#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Three months later......

"Jack?"

"Mmmm?"

"Were pregant."

"We are?"

"Twins."

{thump}

"Jack?"

"Jack?"

"Jack!"

*#**#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#**#*#*#**#*#

Now it's the end.....

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Nikki H