Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Realisation

by Nicki Saja
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Realisation

Realisation

by Nicki Saja

Summary: Sam does some thinking
Category: Angst, Missing Scene/Epilogue, Thoughts
Episode Related: 715 CHIMERA
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, Sam/other, none
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/04/04

Feedback: is most welcome!

Archive: SJD yes, Carterfic, samandjack, Heliopolis yes, and everyone else who wants it (but let me know first, please)

Season: 7

Author's Note: I can't believe what will happen in Chimera! This is my response to it. Just a little story written about what Sam might be thinking! This story didn't have a beta, so all mistakes you read, are mine.

*****

The body next to her was snoring. Lying on his stomach, with his face to the window, away from her. She couldn't help it, she was still awake. Her mind kept on racing and couldn't find any rest. After seven years, she finally had found a man, who gave her love like she always thought it would be and who she was able to love. He was perfect. Sweet, gentle, loving, caring... Except for one thing, and she surprised herself with that forbidden thought, he was no Jack O'Neill. He didn't make sarcastic jokes that would make her laugh. He never had that funny look on his face when she explained something to him. His hairs weren't grey, his eyes weren't so brown as chocolate. He didn't have worked with her, for seven years and gone through so many obstacles, that formed a bond between them that no one could ever break. In other words, he wasn't Jack O'Neill.

Suddenly she felt stupid. Why did it have to take so much time and so many mistakes of both sides, to realise that? This was a mistake. Lying in bed here with Pete was a mistake. All those years of denial and suppression of this feeling, it had come to this situation. Why? She didn't know.

The tears were forming in her eyes when she turned her head away from the sleeping man next to her. She knew she couldn't turn back time. The clock kept on ticking and the Earth would keep on turning. She knew it.

With salty tears of realisation rolling over her cheeks and an image of Jack O'Neill in her head, slowly she felt asleep.

*****

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Nicki Saja