Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

She said NO! - Part 3

by NG
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
She said NO! - Part 3

She said NO! - Part 3

by NG

Summary: Jack retires and Sam refuses to go fishing with him
Category: Angst, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/27/03

Author's Note:
Thanks again for all the reviews!!!! Hope you will enjoy this next chapter.

Blood Lust

Daniel stood for a few minutes and stared at Jack's sleeping form with a frown between his eyes.

He had to speak to Jack about what had happened the previous night. He needed to find out where Sam disappeared to and whether Jack had anything to do with it.

Bending down he shook Jack's body in an attempt to try and wake him.

"Jack, wake up."

When shaking didn't work he started shouting in his ear.

"J-A-C-K!!! You've got to wake up NOW!!!"

Getting stirring and moaning as the only response Daniel reached for a half empty beer bottle next to the bed and poured the remaining contents over his friend's face. This caused Jack to wake up with a sudden jerk and with a nauseous groan he collapsed back against the pillows.

"Ah hell, what the...Daniel? What's going on?"

Grabbing a chair that was close by the archaeologist moved closer until he could sit right next to the bed. With a heavy heart he allowed himself a few moments to prepare for what was to come, for what he had to confront his friend with.

"We've got to talk Jack. It's 'bout Sam. The police found her car abandoned along the freeway with blood all over the interior and there were skid marks on the road which indicate a car must have fled from the crime scene." Daniel paused for a while and then jumped up agitated at the thought of what might have happened to Sam. "Damnit Jack, don't just stare at me like that without any emotion on your face. Didn't you hear a word I said? She's gone, Sam disappeared and....and Jack I know about the fight you guys had last night and I know you chased after her in your car. It won't be long until the police discover that too. Talk to me, I can help. Tell me what happened last night. Did you hurt Sam?"

Sensing the dark cloud hanging over his friend Jack pushed himself up with difficulty until he was able to sit up straight but he still needed one hand pressed against the mattress to steady himself against the spinning world and the screaming pain at the back of his head.

His first thought was to feign ignorance to the whole matter but one look in his friend's direction convinced him to play it truthfully instead - he couldn't afford to alienate Daniel at this stage in his life.

"I...I think I might have hurt her." Jack swallowed a few times to clear his throat before continuing. "Daniel, I'm so afraid. Last night, I don't know what came over me, I lost it completely. She means so much to me and when she said no to my invitation to go away to my cabin...I can't remember much of what happened afterwards except for some foggy images that haunted my dreams throughout the night - terrifying pictures of Sam screaming my name and then of her lying in a pool of her own blood."

As Jack was speaking to Daniel a woman woke up in fear and confusion not far from Jack's house. All around her darkness assaulted her senses and when she tried to move an excruciating pain flamed through her right leg.

Biting on her bottom lip to contain the scream that was trying to force its way out of her lungs she curled up slightly until her fingers were able to reach the source of the pain and slowly she started tracing the route of the injury.

"Please, no..."

Her face cringed in horror as her fingertips first touched the thick, tacky wetness and then the sides of what could only be the after effects of a recently obtained bullet wound.

It was at that moment that a voice started vibrating through the blackness that would eventually become the woman's own personal hell on earth.

"This is your final message from the land of the living as a means to let you know what awaits you. By now you must feel like fainting in shock at the knowledge that someone so close to you can mean you harm. But hear this; you will pay for what you have done to me. Don't try to escape or scream for help since it won't help. It will only waste whatever amount of air you have left in your prison and hasten the arrival of your death, not that I really mind. Don't try to search for water or food because none was left. I have locked you away in an underground bunker, in the middle of nowhere, and it pleases me to say that this will become your final resting place. My only wish is that you will spend your last few remaining days on earth considering what you have done to me and to pray to whatever gods you believe in that they will decide to have mercy on your condemned soul."

She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry out that it was all a mistake, that surely they could discuss the matter like grownups, but no matter how hard she tried the fear in her throat restricted any words from leaving her lips.

Just before the voice faded away completely one last sentence was added in a subdued tone, "I am sorry Sam, but this is for the best, you must die."

A loud click followed the statement which made it clear that what was heard was a recording and just that mere fact made the situation feel even worse for Sam Carter - she was truly alone in the terrifying darkness.

Feeling the pain in her leg throbbing for attention again Sam bit off another cry of pain and frustration and tears started welling up in her eyes. When her hand involuntarily reached for the source of her discomfort she could feel fresh blood streaming out of the wound and down her leg which made her curse under her breath at the realisation that the wound must have opened up when she tried to move.

Shock and tiredness starting spreading through her body like fire, she was starting to suffer from the effects of blood-loss.

"Ok Sam, time to pull yourself together."

Slowly and painfully she pushed herself into an upright position until she was able to rest her back against a solid stone structure which felt like it was part of a wall. To her horror she realised she was puffing in exhaustion which meant that she was fast losing whatever energy reserves she had left and if she didn't attend to the wound soon she would lose consciousness within a matter of minutes.

Bloody hands tried unsuccessfully to tear off a piece of cloth from the shirt underneath her jacket. Eventually out of desperation she just pulled off her jacket and shirt altogether, she would use the whole shirt as a makeshift bandage.

Gritting her teeth she prepared herself for the next task, "Right, step one finished, now for the difficult part."

She wrapped the shirt around her leg and with the sleeves she made a makeshift bandage to hold everything in place.

Having nothing else to attend to Sam lay her head against the coldness of the stone behind her, closed her eyes and allowed herself to give in to pent-up emotions. Loud sobs tore through her body, tears of fear for the situation she was in, tears of longing for a lost love and most of all tears of regret that she wouldn't be able to hold her son in her arms one more time and be able to tell him how much she loved him.

She had known her capturer for years and there was no doubt in her mind that every word was meant in pure hatred - she would die in that place and there was nothing anybody could do about it.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to NG