Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

She said NO! - Part 2

by NG
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
She said NO! - Part 2

She said NO! - Part 2

by NG

Summary: Jack retires, Sam refuses to go fishing with him and then she disappears *Do I need to say more?*
Category: Angst, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/25/03

Author Notes: Thanks for all the feedback I received for the first chapter. Note that this new chapter is quite short but as I said before this is a story in progress that I normally first post at fanfiction.net.

Sensing that he was about to loose something very important Jack tried one last desperate attempt.

"B-b-ut what about us?"

Sad eyes turned in his direction and she looked into his eyes for a few seconds as if she needed this one last moment in time to convince her heart to say goodbye. Her hand slowly untangled from his and the last words that he heard before she disappeared from his life were, "Frankly Sir, I couldn't give a damn about us anymore."

Where's Sam

Somewhere outside Washington
A small derelict farmhouse in the middle of nowhere

"JC, you need to go to bed my dear."

An elderly woman, her age exposed by the severity of the wrinkles running across her face, walked into the room of her only surviving blood relative and her heart cried upon seeing the young man sitting in front of his bedroom window, staring absentmindedly into the nothingness that made up the bleak remains of his family's ranch.

Sensing the despair in his once again broken heart she approached him and, in the same way she always tried to comfort him when he was but a mere child, she wrapped her arms around him and whispered very gentle words, "It's late, almost 10 o'clock. I don't think she will come anymore my son."

The young man pushed his wheelchair around to face the woman that he has always considered more of a mother that his real one, one hand wiped the last remains of unshed tears, and in broken speech he struggled to express his feelings, "Where's Sam. Today is anniversary. Why she not here? I'm not important to Sam anymore?"

The woman sat down on the bed opposite from JC and one hand reached out to squeezed his in sympathy. There was nothing she could say to him that was not said before.

Seeing the pain and disappointment on her young companion's face she closed her eyes and for a second she wished that she could somehow turn back the clock to the time before her family had the awful luck to meet that dreaded woman and not for the first time that day she could feel herself being overwhelmed at the idea that, after all these years, she had finally been able to carry through on the threat that she has directed at Sam so many times in the past and the very last time that morning.
* I won't feel guilty. What I have done to her...what was done to her is nothing more than what she deserved for having caused the death of my only child, my husband, the disability of my son and indirectly the destruction of my family ranch ---

Shaking her head to clear it of the thoughts of what was done only a few hours ago she started to assist her grandson to get out of his wheelchair and into bed and upon seeing the innocence on the face of a boy, barely a man, deep in instant slumber she made a promise to herself, "Never again will she get to hurt him again, never again."

Colonel Jack O'Neill's house
The morning after his farewell

A loud knocking on a door.

A man's voice could be heard shouting, "J-a-a-c-k!!! Jack open up!"

After a couple of minutes of no reply the knocking eventually subsided and got replaced with the sound of a door being unlocked.

A young man in his middle thirties entered the house carefully and his eyes stretched wide when he took note of the numerous bear bottles laying around in the living room.

"Oh my...Jack what have you done?"

Making his way into the main bedroom he stood and stare thoughtfully at the sleeping form of the occupant of the house.
* Did he do it? Could Sam have pushed Jack too far which caused him to loose control? Sam's car, the blood all over the seat and broken window... The cellphone found in the bushes... What happened last night after I saw him following her in his car? ---

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to NG