Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Captured Hearts: Chapter 1 - 2006 A.D.

by Mr Eggers
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Captured Hearts: Chapter 1 - 2006 A.D.

Captured Hearts: Chapter 1 - 2006 A.D.

by Mr. Eggers

Captured Hearts: Chapter 1 - 2006 A.D.
AUTHOR: Mr. Eggers
EMAIL: mintchocolatebear@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Future story, Romance
PAIRING: Daniel/Janet
SPOILERS: none, I think.
SEASON / SEQUEL: future; Sequel to 'Uh-Oh' but prequel to 'Tears of Joy and Pain'
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Jack and Daniel attempt to steal technology from the Goa'uld, but something goes wrong.
STATUS: Unfinished
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is only chapter 1. I will try to post new chapters as soon as possible.

The black and tan cocker spaniel ran across the lawn, trying to catch the bouncing ball thrown to him. As he reached the object, a small boy of around two years toddled up and crashed onto the poor pup with all his weight, then giggled. The dog turned to the child and joyfully licked his face. More laughter erupted from the boy. Then, with incredible speed, the dog took off barking after a robin, determined to catch it. The small boy followed.

Not far away, his mother sat on a gliding bench on the porch, rocking it slowly as she calmly monitored her son. She was apparently not trying to impress anyone, as she wore a green T-shirt with a pair of loose denim jeans and a pair of worn sneakers. Pulled back into a low ponytail, her long blonde hair extended halfway down her back. She enjoyed every moment of peace and quiet she spent on the porch of her new house.

What a sweet sounding word...house. After all those years of living in crammed apartments and barracks, she finally had a place to call her own. A large home, a wonderful, loving husband, and beautiful son as well. And of course a cute dog named 'Lucky' to round it off. Damn, she was lucky! She smiled at the thought as she brought the cup of tea to her lips and sipped, then rested it back in her lap. The tree in the yard rustled it's leaves, calling out to the other trees that it was king of this land. The wind was soft and cool; a nice change on this sunny, summer's day.

The screen door creaked open and a short, petite woman emerged delicately from the doorway. Her cream colored turtleneck was covered by a pair of denim overalls. On her feet were ankle socks and canvas shoes. She had grown used to canvas shoes as her small feet had grown slightly too swollen to fit into her normal attire. Her straight, reddish-brown hair was cut just above the shoulders.

She walked quietly across her friend's field of vision and gently sat herself down on the rocker next to her. As she made contact with the seat, she let out a sigh of strain and fatigue. This was her first pregnancy, and she was already eight months into it. She was ready for it to be over. Using her slender fingers to brush her bangs out of her doe-like green eyes, she turned her focus to her friend.

"So, Sam", she asked, "How's Benjamin doing?"

The blonde blinked herself back to reality and acknowledged the other woman.

"Growing faster than I can keep up, Janet.", she said. "He can already say things like Dog, Cat, Mama, Daddy, All done, Thank you, Yes, No...I could just go on and on. And the doctor says he's intelligent for his age. Much smarter than usual." Janet chuckled.

"Wonder where he gets it from?", she mused.

"Jack.", said Sam with mock seriousness. "All Jack." The two broke out in laughter at the ridiculousness of the statement. "And Cassie?"

"Well, she's still with Andrew. He's such a nice kid. Rich, handsome, intelligent, soft-spoken...He reminds me of Daniel. Quite a lot of Daniel, now that I think about it."

"Cool.", said Sam.

"Sam,", Janet asked, "Do you miss the Air Force?" Sam thought for a moment. She hadn't really though about it since Benjamin came along.

"Actually I do. As much as I wouldn't trade Ben, and my house, and being an 'at home mom' for anything; I miss the adventure and...weirdness of going off-world." Janet nodded. Then a question popped into Sam's mind.

"Hope this isn't too personal, Janet."

"What?" Sam collected her question, hoping to sound as tactful as possible. She looked out at her son, then back at her friend.

"Okay...here goes. You and Daniel seem so happy together."

"Yeah?"

"And you're expecting a child in about a month."

"Right.", said Janet, trying to figure out where this was going.

"So-", said Sam, motioning with her free hand, trying not to hurt her friends feelings.

"Spit it out, kiddo.", said Janet impatiently.

"Why haven't you and Daniel married?", she blurted. The doctor's mind raced for a quick, easy answer; she couldn't find one. She thought for a moment.

"Well,", she explained, "Daniel and I were both married before. And, no disrespect to you and Jack, the idea of going through it again didn't sound very inviting."

"Why not?", Sam retorted, "You're perfect for each other! And it's only right to bring your baby into this world with his, or her parents married."

"Sam, Daniel's wife was killed and my ex-husband was a selfish prick. I mean, I'm glad you and Jack tied the knot, but Daniel and I don't see it as essential to our relationship."

"Oh, okay."

"Any word on Dan and Jack?", asked Janet, trying to shift the subject.

"Not yet.", answered Sam, hearing the hope in Janet's voice, "When I last talked to General Robinson, he said that they had just embarked on a 'top-secret' mission." She paused. The lines at the corners of her eyes became evident as she squinted to find the right thing to say.

"I hope they're alright."

"Me too.", Janet agreed, softly patting her swollen belly. How she wished Daniel were here. To hold her, kiss her, comfort her, be with her. She slowly closed her eyes, opened them. God, if she lost him now...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mr. Eggers