Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Alice

by Morpheus
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Alice

Alice

by Morpheus

TITLE: Alice
AUTHOR: Morpheus
EMAIL:completefreak@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Jack and Sam
SPOILERS: Maybe Solitudes
SEASON / SEQUEL: none
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Presidents Dinner
STATUS: Completed
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is NOT one of my best pieces, there are others in progress. This is one of my two "Presidents Dinner" projects and neither relate to each other.
This swaps from Jack's POV to Sam's POV. Sorry if its confusing.....

Daniel stopped outside Janet Fraiser's office. He could could hear Janet and another female officer's voice. The other officer stopped for a breath and started to talk again.

"We're going out tomorrow night,"

It was Sam! Daniel stepped into the room.

"Am I interupting anything?"

"No Daniel."

"Sure? I can come back later. Its really not that important,"

"No, What is it Daniel?" Sam asked.

"Oh, it's nothing. Major Castleman was just cleaning a staff weapon, and it fired and knocked out Teal'c."

"Shit!" Janet raced from the room. Sam walked hurriedly to the door.

"Where?"

"Infirmary."

"Ok," Sam walked out and down the stairs into the infirmary. Janet arrived some 5 minutes later, looked rather buggered.

"Where were you?" Sam asked her friend.

"Looking every where!"

"Lucky. You got here just in time." Daniel added, with a grin.

"For what?" Janet was confused. She looked around. Major Castleman was no where to be seen, and Teal'c was very much standing and everyone else was standing to attention in their dress uniforms.

"Dr. Fraiser!" General Hammonds voice boomed.

"Sam," Janet whispered, "Am I in trouble?"

"Not that I'm aware of......"

Janet stood to attention beside me and Major Sam Carter.

"Dr. Janet Fraiser has shown us that she can bravely and confidently tend to and treat any staff member or guest, with precise and accurate methods. The Vice Chief of Staff of the AirForce has recommended her promotion to First Lieutenant."

Janets eyes bulged.

"Colonel." Hammonds voice beckoned me over to pin an extra bar on her shoulder cuff. We saluted each other and returned to our positions.

"SG 1, 5, 6, and 8 must remain. Dismissed."

"Sam, did you know about this?"

"Yes, but I didn't know where. Lieutenant." They smiled.

"We'll finish our conversation about Michael later?"

"Will do. Later Janet."

Left in the room was the 6 members of SG5, 8 members of SG 6, the 10 from SG8 and SG1's own four.

"Whats going on?"It was Daniel, curious as ever. No wonder that guy got into the most physical trouble.....

"Probably another invite to the Presidents dinner." I said, sounding disgusted.

"You do not like this president?" Teal'c's head was turned on its side, like always when he asked a question.

"We almost always get invited," I replied, not answering his question. "Just a bunch of stuck up, snobby, priority listed hobbos and the Air Force." This was all I managed to get in before General Hammond shot a look at me to say : "Shut up Colonel." Hammond began to speak.

"The four present SG teams are invited to the President's dinner party."

Sam shot a how-did-you-know look at me. I shrugged and and threw a look back that said I-know-what-I- know. She grinned.

"Dismissed." Was the next thing I heard. Didn't matter anyway. I'd been to enough of these functions to know the drill.

~~~*~~~

THE DAY AFTER

"So," Janets voice could be heard outside a sound proof room. "How's Michael?"

"He's so sweet, and good looking." Sam sounded love sick. "We've planned tonight for months. I can't wait."

"Major Carter?" I popped my head around the door frame.

"Yes Colonel?"

"You do realize that you're voices can be heard out here. Right?"

Sam blushed. She hadn't intended on anyone else to hear.

"No sir."

"Well, everyone can hear you two as they walk past."

"Sorry Colonel," Janet answered for her friend. "We were just discussing her date with Michael tonight."

"Tonight?" I repeated. "So you'll still be at the Presidents dinner?"

"I've spoken to General Hammond and I'm not going."

"Oh. ok. See you tomorrow, Major."

~~~*~~~

SAM

"Bye Colonel." Janet waited til Jack was out of ear shot to continue.

"I can't believe that you just blew off Jack!"

"What do you mean?"

"Jack. Colonel O'Neill, the hot guy that just left."

"Oh! Him." I teased. I knew how much that Janet liked Jack. "Stop drooling Janet, he's against regs."

"Actually, no, he's not. The SGC has their own rules and thats not one of them." I stared at Janet as we made our way to the surface. Janet was coming over to help me prepare.

Ring! Ring!

"Shit! I haven't even gotten home and already the phone's ringing." I ran to the phone. "Hello, Samantha Carter speaking."

"Sam, where were you?"

"Daniel? I just got here."

"Jack said that you weren't coming tonight. Is he right?"

"Yes and before you say anything, I've cleared it with Hammond."

There was silence on the other end of the phone. Then a slightly muffled Daniel and a more muffled Jack.

"Ok."

"Ok."

"See you tomorrow, Sam."

"Bye Daniel."

I walked over to shut the door that Janet left open when we walked in. Janet had started to choose stuff for me to wear.

Ring! Ring!

"Now what Daniel?" I snapped.

"Well, if you were expecting someone else, I'll stop talking and hangup."

"Michael! How are you? I'm so sorry!"

"It's," I heard a womans giggle. "Alright."

"You can't come, can you?"

"No." I could hear that he was trying to explain, but his words were conceled by a womans kissing.

"Thats ok, I don't mind." I tried to keep the spite out of my voice.

"You sure?"

"Another time."

"I'll call you."

"Right."

"Bye."

"Bye." I slammed the reciever down.

"CHANGE OF PLAN, JANET!!!!"

"No need to yell, I'm right here. Do you want red or white wine?"

"Neither."

"Neither?"

"Michaels not coming. He's with his girlfriend, or wife, or whatever."

"Oh."

"Yeah thats what I thought."

"Looks like you get to go to the Presidents dinner after all," Janet paused. "With that devishly cute Colonel."

I laughed.

"He likes you, you know."

"Right, and I'm Alice in Wonderland."

"Ok, Alice, lets fix you're make up and hair."

"Yes mother."

~~~*~~~

AT THE DINNER. JACK

2030 hours. I felt bored, and a bit upset. Sam had blown me off for Mitchell. No that wasn't right. Michael. It just wasn't fair. Major Carter should be mine. Off on the dance floor I can see Major Spence and Captain Garth dancing. Most people were dancing. Even clumsy rock boy Daniel had found someone. I decided that an hour with these weird short listed people was bad enough and it was time to leave. I stood up, excused myself, turned and came face to face- almost literally - with Sam. Her dress uniform made her look positively more feminine than her faigues did. Seeing her this close to me, and looking the way she did, took my breath away. If I don't ask her now, some skinny geeky Lieutenant will get her to dance. Oh what the hell.

"Care to dance, Major?"

"Sure Colonel."

"It's Jack, Major." I winced, hoping that I hadn't offended her.

"It's Sam, Jack." She smiled and I felt happier.

A slow dance was next. Great. Here we go. Sam wrapped her arms around my neck and automatically I felt my arms go round her waist. I felt electricity. Whether it was between me and Sam or the storm outside, I couldn't tell. But I know which I'd prefer.

"So...."

"So," I tried to sound not jealous. "Where's Michael?"

"I don't care." She looked up at me.

"You don't care?"

"Nope. He rang me and told me he couldn't make it, while his girlfriend was kissing him."

"Oh. Sorry."

"No, don't be. Any man like him isn't worth it. I'm just glad I found out now."

"So, you're ok then?"

I had begun to realize that other couples had moved on to the floor, forcing us closer together. I guessed Sam now felt the electricity too, as she smiled soflty. More and more people on the floor now. We now have full body contact. I winced. Sam's baby blue eyes stared into mine.

"I'm guessing, not a firearm?" She smiled at me, that cheeky Sam Carter grin that anyone hardly saw. I smiled back.

"No."

Sam's smile faded to a 'satisfaction' face, lips slightly parted, waiting for me to do my part. I leant in to kiss her. Our lips met and her tongue darted in and out of my mouth, probably silently hoping that I wasn't going to reject this. Trust me, there was no way that was going to happen. To show my approval, my tongue met hers and I deepened the kiss. The song ended and we pulled apart. I led her onto the balcony.

"I remember you mentioning something once, about how these functions were never any fun."

"That doesn't stand anymore. I have you now." Sam stood there and tried to look stunned. It didn't work.

"More like, I have you."

I smiled and pulled her close.

"That sounds better."

We kissed again and we knew that it wouldn't be that last time we did that.................................

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Morpheus