Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Crying For Help 2

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Crying For Help

Crying For Help

by Miss Wendy

Title: Crying For Help
Author: Miss Wendy
Email: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
Category: Drama
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: None
Season: 4
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: m/f relationship, suggestion of rape
Summary: Sam begins to feel the pain of others. Can Jack and the rest of SG-1 save her before the visions kill her
Status: Completed
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's Notes: This is my first fanfic. I'd like to know how to improve it so yeah feedback is welcome. Ha ha. I'd like to say hi to Sara (my friend) so "Hi Sara". Enjoy!

"This is the one." he said looking down at a blonde female in her sleep, with her team mates just a little distance away. A weopon beside her. He lifted his wooden staff, which had a round symbol with a flame in the middel, and began waving around her body. She shifted in her sleep as a blue light surrounded her but she didn't awaken. When he was convinced he had done the job he had come to do he lowered his wooden staff and he slowly moved toward so that if he moved just another inch he would be able to kiss her. "Now you will feel and know the pain of the universe." he said, at that he disappeared.

The next morning Samantha Carter woke up a little later than usual and when she looked around she noticed everybody had woken up early for a change. Daniel was no where to be seen neither was Teal'c. Except Colonel Jack O'Neill, who looked up when he heard movemen "Ah good morning Major. I trust you slept well ... " he said cheerfully, she just smiled and this was her only response. She couldn't find her voice, "Well it looks like your stuck with me because Daniel and Teal'c have gone exploring already, without us I might add." she contenplated his words for a moment and then after finding her voice she said, "Is that bad?"

"Oh no, of course not."

"Oh okay what are we doing today, sir."

"I'm sure you've got some scientific nonesense that you'll be doing and I'll just keep you safe ... " his sentence faded when he spotted pain in her face, "Carter what's wrong?" when she didn't answer he began to feel very concerned. "Carter! Answer me." no answer, but the pain that was evident on her face had increased. She suddenly fell back and began to scream,"Help me." Jack moved quickly to her side, "Carter it's me, what's wrong." concern filling his voice,

"Make it stop. Please"

"What stop."

"It hurts."

"What hurts."

"Help me please Help me." her screams were getting louder. O'Neill decided that he may need Daniel and he went to fetch his radio, "Daniel you must come back to camp now." he didn't wait for a reply.

"Don't leave me." Sam screamed, he went to her side

"Carter ... Sam I'm here, I won't leave you." she grabbed him and he held her, she was holding on tight.

"Make it go away, make it stop Jack please."

"What is it?"

"Pain, lots of pain."

"What pain."

"It's ... HELP." she began to get louder, she was moving alot. "HELP ME HELP ME HELP HELP ... "

When Daniel Jackson and Teal'c arrived they ran quickly when they saw Sam screaming and Jack trying to restrain her."What's wrong?"

"I don't know, she just keeps screaming, saying she's in pain."

"Is Major Carter injured."

"I don't think so Teal'c"

"HELP HELP HELP."

"Sssshhh." Jack was trying his best, trying to comfort her. "Daniel I'm taking her back to the SGC, maybe Fraiser can do something. I want you and Teal'c to pack up and come home ASAP."

"As you wish O'Neill." at that Jack O'Neill gently picked up the hysterical Samantha Carter and began to carry her to the Stargate.

Upon arriving through the Stargate, he ran straight past General Hammond and went straight to the infirmary. Hammond was going to protest but he saw the emergency in the situation and ran after his 2IC. He found him in the infirmary with Janet. He was restraining Sam while Janet tried to find out what was wrong. Nurses were rushing and one was puting her in restraints. "Colonel it would help if you moved." said Janet,

"I'm not moving ... "

"Come on son, you can tell me what happened." said Hammond, Fraiser just nodded at Hammond as a thank you.

General George Hammond walked into his office and gestured for Colonel Jack O'Neill to sit down, he did as he was told. "What Happened?" he asked, after a small silence.

"Sir, I can't explain it. She just began to scream in pain."

"For no reason at all?"

"No that I know of. But she did say she was in pain and she looked like she was in pain."

"Colonel did Major Carter come into contact with anything that could explain this pain she felt."

"If she did do something, we didn't know about and she didn't say." at that Jack fell quiet. General Hammond was about to speak again when there was a knock at the door, "Come." said Hammond.

Doctor Janet Fraiser walked in and spoke towards both Jack and Hammond. "Now I can't explain what happened to Major Carter. There are no physical injuries that I can see."

"Any signs of any alien interference, Doctor." asked Hammond

"No signs at all, sir."

"It can't be nothin' doc. Carter wouldn't scream for the fun of it."

"I know that Colonel, I was going to suggest that the rest of SG-1 retrace her footsteps for the past few days and see if they can find what happened." Hammond nodded

"Once Dr Jackson and Teal'c return they can begin immediately." there was a small break and then he continued, "How is Major Carter now."

"Well, she appears to be suffering from post truamatic stress. She's just laying in the infirmary staring into space."

"How can we help?" asked Jack

"Perhaps one of you stay with her. She did say something about not wanting to be left alone while I was examining her. However it was the only thing she would say." replied Janet,

"Very well, that's all Doctor." Janet left and then Jack wanted to leave. "Colonel"

"Sir?"

"Stay with her."

"I will sir."

In the infirmary Colonel Jack O'Neill sat beside the bed in which Sam Carter lay half-awake. The Colonel was trying to impress her by explaining some scientifc discovery. But he was reading from a book. If it had been anyother situation Sam might have listened to what he was saying. But her mind was full of the pain she had felt and the images she had seen. She had explained a few to Janet Fraiser, Janet had decided that she could have been given these through some sort of telepathic link. But there was one thing that she felt and saw that stood out in front of all the rest. She was afraid to talk about it.

"Sam, are you listening?" asked Jack, taking her away from thought.

"Yes ... sir." she said slowly.

"Oh."

"I'm ... sorry."

"No don't be." he said quietly, "It's not your fault. This stuff makes me fall to sleep to ya know." she had to laugh at this. She liked the Colonel talking to her like that. He had made her feel better.

"Sam you remember the Zatarc tests, don't you."

"Yes ... "

"Well, can I take it out the room please, for one moment." she nodded, feeling a lump in there throat.

"When we were on P5 ... something or other. I thought I was going to loose you. So instead of helping you I just panicked and kept thinking about what would happen if something terrible did happen. I should have helped you. You shouldn't be here like this right now."

"That's not true Jack, you helped me."

" ... but ... "

"No, you helped me, it's what I wanted you to do. And is I could ... "

"Sam" he cut her off

"Yes."

"I'll get rid of these visions ... whatever they are, for you. I promise." Sam smiled and held his hand,

"I know you will."

General Hammond walked upto the three remaining SG-1 members and said, "Be careful, and make sure you find a cure for Major Carter."

"Don't you worry sir. We will." said Jack. They saluted each other and went through the stargate.

On P5R 160, SG-1 had been walking for hours retracing the steps they had took before. Teal'c was about to say that the might find the answer elsewhere when a strange man walked upto them with a staff and said. "Hello you have returned."

"Erm, yes ... How did you know we had come before." asked Daniel

"I saw you. Although I believe you had a blonde female with you last time." he replied

"Actually she's why were here ... " started Daniel

"Somebody or something on this planet messed up her brain or something or other ... Anyway she has got this slight problem, where she can feel pain that isn't her own."

"Oh."

"Apparently she gets it from more than one person at a time."

"How terrible!"

"You wouldn't have anything to do with it would you."

"Er, no .... no no no."

"Jack you can't ... "

"Shut up Danny, and open your eyes it's written all over his face." Jack cut Daniel off and then turned back to the man, who Teal'c now aimed his staff weopon at, "Why did you come upto us anyway."

"I recognised you."

"Of course you did."

"It's ... true."

"Yeah, why didn't you say hello before."

"Well, I ... was in the middle of a ritcual"

"Undo what you have done to her."

"No."

"So ... it was you." asked Daniel, finally speaking.

"Yes,"

"Your killing her." answered Daniel

"Don't care." he said clutching his wooden staff. At this point Jack was getting angry.

"Undo what you have done NOW." He held his gun to the man's face

"NEVER."

"Jack this isn't getting us anywhere." said Daniel

"Daniel shut it now."

"Sorry."

"Now, I know you don't care, which explains why your dressed the way you are." the man looked at his clothes."But you must at least know how to stop this."

"Well ... " he held his staff more tighter. Suddenly Teal'c took anction and fired his staff weopon at the mans staff. The man looked horrified. "Teal'c?"

"Major Carter is cured."

"How?" asked Daniel

"He was using his staff as a way to transfer the pain and discomfort."

"Again how?" he asked again

"I remeber the Goa'uld encountering such a device. However I do not know how the device works."

"Oh."

"You won't win." cried the man, "She must feel the pain of the galaxy."

"Excuse me." said Jack. "But why Carter."

"She is the one I chose."

"Oh really."

"Yes she will serve and if I don't get her this way. I will find another way." At that the man disappeared.

Major Samantha Carter USAF was at home, she was fine and alert. She was dressed casually and curled up on the sofa watching the TV, holding a cushion. When the bell rang she first ignored it. But then it rang again and she got up and walked to the door and opened it. "Hello Colonel."

"Major." there was a silence

"Would ... you like to come in?"

"Thanks. Don't mind if I do." he said, "How are you?"

"Oh fine." she turned away, fighting tears at this point and Jack grabbed her arm and pulled her back

"Hey - Are you sure?"

"No." Sam just suddenly fell into tears, Jack held her

"I didn't mean to make you cry. What's wrong?"

"It's just ... " she stopped and looked at him,

"What is it?" she didn't answer, "It's about something you saw and felt isn't it." Sam merely nodded, and Jack looked her straight in the eyes and said "Tell me ... It will help."

"Well ... "he took her over to the sofa and sat her down. "There was ... this ... woman and this man was ... well ... hurting her in a horrible way." tears were rolling down her face as she spoke, "I could feel everything she could." Jack could feel a lump in his throat "It stood out in front of everybody else's. It felt like it was really happening to me ... "

"Oh Sam." he finally said, he held and decided he would never let her go.

FIN ...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy