Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

StarChild Part 4: The World Knows

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
StarChild part 4: The World Knows

StarChild part 4: The World Knows

by Miss Wendy

TITLE: StarChild part 4: The World Knows
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Hurt/Comfort
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Slight spoiler for Bane and you people may not even notice
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Sequel to StarChild part 3, part 2 and part 1, part of an on going series
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: The world learns about what the visitors really look like, but they also learn that there is an alien piece of technology known as the Stargate. Meanwhile Maybourne comes for Elizabeth.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Here's part four. It took longer to get this part going but I did it. Look out for part five. Feedback is definently good stuff. I actually look forward to that. I get some great feedback. But don't forget you can be critical I don't mind. Tell me what you wouldn't mind seeing in future parts. Enjoy!!! Stargate lovers. :-) A little note to my lovely partners Sara and Lynsey are we ready to take over the world yet.

"...Today we offer you, as our friends, this cure for a terrible disease that has plagued your world as it once did ours." said John to the people at the Medical Centre, unaware that SG-1 were there, well apart from Sam and that very soon there truth will be uncovered. Teal'c stood listening to what he was saying and then he turned to Jack "O'Neill, he speaks as if he has come from a world that has had this 'cancer' of which you speak."

"Maybe they did Teal'c, who cares." replied Jack, they continued to watch. Jack stood in his netaly ironed suit. He was more concerned about Sam and he knew Jacob was.

"If you will now be seated will have someone come in and give you the cure, for those that have it." everyone applauded him and people began to find seats. Jacob signalled for Jack to know that he was gonna go behind and that he should begin soon.

Jack took a seat and watched Jacob leave. He waited for the signal for Jack to shoot the alien security guards that was surrounding John and Dianna.

When he got the signal he took his gun out of his pocket and shot them, in a row of three and soon they were all on the floor, dead. John had a look of oh-oh on his face and he looked at Jack squarely in the eye. Teal'c shot the one that was approaching Jack from behind, Jack look at Teal'c and said "Cheers." Teal'c nodded. "What do you think you are doing? How did you people get in here?" asked John. Shock forming on his face when Jacob grabbed him from behind. Dianna had already gone.

"Sir, we have a problem!" said a visitor to Martin on the visito command deck

"What is it?" said Martin pretending that he didn't know

"We cannot get the supreme commander off the air, people are seeing a terrorist display."

"Try again." said Martin, pleased his/there plan was working. Hopefully the people of this world would see what they are really like.

"...These are not what they appear to be." shouted Jacob, to the people in the medical centre

"You lie." shouted a young woman from the front row.

"He speaks the truth. I've seen 'em with my own eyes." said Jack

"Just like you will." said Teal'c. Jacob pulled the skin off his face to reveal his true appearence.

The room was filled with gasps and the expressions on peoples faces were full of shock and horror that the visitors had lied to them and these men that had been speaking the truth.

"These are the people who have come to cure us, they don't look like us at all. They don't want to cure us. They have come here to consume our world." said Jacob still holding a gun at John's face.

"They lied to us. Why?"

"We didn't lie to you." shouted Dianna, coming back into the room. "We didn't show our true form because it is frightening. Even to us."

"Don't give us any crap." shouted Jack back at her "You lied that's all there is to it."

"You musn't listen to these. They have lied to you for four years." Jack swallowed the lump forming in his throat. "Have you ever heard of the Stargate?" everyone looked puzzled. "These people travel across the galaxy in what is known as a Stargate. Just ask a young woman named Samantha Carter she understands the physics of this alien technology. " Dianna walked upto Teal'c and removed his hat "This man is not human either."

"That's just a tattoo." suggested Jack. But he had had enough and he pulled out his Zat Gun and and began shooting every visitor in the room.

Jacob pulled John away with him and backed up against the door and then let him go. They ran out of the door to the van that Willie was waiting in "Let's go shall we." Daniel came into the front of the van and said "Jack I saw what happened. At least they know about the visitors."

"Yeah but they also know about the Stargate."

"Jack I don't think everyone believed that."

"If they don't now, they will soon."

"What? Jack what are you gonna do?"

"Get Hammond to tell the president and hopefully get the president to tell the country and hopefully the world will soon know." Daniel fell into his seat as Teal'c drove the van with Willie. Jacob looked at Daniel and said "How about Sam?"

"Yeah we recieved a phone call from Janet about an hour ago."

"Oh?" said Jack sitting up

"She's had two babies. One of them isn't human looking at all, the other appears to look alot like Sam."

"Teal'c drive us there as fast as you can." ordered Jack, he didn't want to leave Sam alone.

"Did Dr Fraiser say anything about Sam." asked Jacob

"They had to sedate after she saw the reptillian child and so far she hasn't woken up."

They all looked around and felt a sudden urge to want to be there for they're friend.

Janet Fraiser turned her office light off and walked upto Sam's bed. She had been seperated from both of the children just in case she woke up and saw them. Janet stroked Sam's head as if trying to comfort her, as Sam looked like she was having a bad dream. "How is she?" said a voice from behind. It was Jack's "Your back." said Janet, pleased.

"Yeah, so how is she?"

"Still unconscious. Can I assume Daniel told you."

"Yeah. Daniel sent Jacob to have a look at the .... well I suppose you could say his grand children. She doens't feel so grand does she." said Jack looking at Sam

"She's been through alot Jack, but once she sees them she'll be okay."

"Good." said Jack, and he picked a seat near her bed and began stroking her head just as Janet was.

Jacob Carter looked at the infant in front of him "You know." said Jacob, to Daniel hwo was standing beside him "It's ironic."

"What is?"

"Sam always wanted a baby girl. Now she has one, she doesn't want her."

"That's not true."

"I've never known Sam to hate something just because of where it comes from."

"Look Sam probably will come around once she sees the child."

"You mean she hasn't seen her."

"No she hasn't." Jacob paused and continued looking at the child

"You know when Sam was a little girl, she would always tell us that her baby girl would be named Elizabeth."

"Then maybe that's what Sam will name her."

"Sam always wanted to be called Elizabeth. I think that's probably because it was her mothers middle name." Daniel smiled, picturing a little Samantha hoping to have been named Elizabeth. It was a nice image.

"You fools." shouted Dianna. "You were meant to be in charge of security. The supreme commander is now paying for your arrogance. He has been humilated."

"We're sorry. Dianna."

"Don't be . I'm impressed."

"You are?!???"

"Yes , my plan is working excellently. This world now is beginning to understand about the Stargate while we can finally get rid of this stupid game where we play friends with these foolish creatures that populate this planet."

Sam walked into the room that her daughter was in. Daniel was holding the girl and as Sam walked in he put her back in her cradle. "Sam, you should be resting."

"Can I see her?"

"Sure." Daniel was pleased she wanted to see her.

"She's beautiful." said Sam, looking down at her daughter

"You know your father says that you like the name Elizabeth."

"I love that name....Hello Elizabeth." Sam slowly put her hand on the babies chest. "She's so tiny."

"Why don't you hold her?"

"Is she really human?"

"Sam she's a part of you what difference does it make."

"None I suppose. Its just that it was so frightening...." Sam then looked at Daniel and said "Where is the other one?"

"You mean....."

"Yes."

"Sam, the other child is dying."

"Why?" said Sam, suddenly worried

"It's got some foreign DNA in it that can't survive."

"What DNA."

"We're not sure. It's some that Elizabeth doesn't seem to have." Jack walked in and looked at Sam holding her daughter "Hey." said Jack "How come she gets to hold her and I can't"

"Jack!!!"

"I'm sorry. Can I hold her. please?"

"Sure." said Sam, passing Elizabeth to Jack "You weren't allowed?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Janet said that I wasn't."

"But I want you to hold her." said Sam, Jack looked at her and said

"Thanx Sam."

"You called her Sam."

"Danny get out will ya. We're having a mothers meeting here."

"Fine. See ya Sam." Sam watched Daniel leave and then she looked at Jack holding Elizabeth

"Her names Elizabeth you know."

"Really! Dad said you liked that name."

"Jack am I a bad person."

"No. Why?"

"It's just I hated her so much and now i don't."

"Oh Sam, you were upset because of what had happened."

"Is that an excuse?"

"....Sure." Sam laughed at the babyish faces he was making at her daughter, she only wished that he was the father.

"This is amazing" said Janet, to Willie and Hammond. "Do your people shed your skin in this fashion?" she asked Willie

"Yes but not until we are at the age of six."

"Is it me or does she look around two years old." asked Hammond, looking at the two year old girl in the cot.

"I don't understand how this is possible."

"Well here's one for you." said Daniel coming up behind them "How is this child dying?" they all turned to look at the baby reptile in the incubator. "I've done everything I can, she/he is definently dying."

"Can't you do anything, Willie?" asked Daniel

"No I've tried everything that know. Nothing helps." The baby reptile closed it's eyes and the monitor showed that his/her heart has stopped. Suddenly Elizabeth started crying. All of them except Daniel walked upto her. Willie picked her up and began cradling her in his arms. "You know that's the first time that she has cried."

Daniel pulled the bed sheet up above the baby and shut the door on the incubator.

"Yes Mr President. I understand." Hammond put the red phone down and looked at Jack and Daniel "The president says that the citizens will soon be told but not just yet."

"Oh when?" asked Jack

"He hasn't decided."

"You were on the phone along time sir."

"Yes I was." Hammond looked at his desk and then back up at Jack and Daniel "He wants the reptile baby to be sent to the NID for study. He also wants Elizabeth up there as well."

"There gonna have a few problems there sir." said Daniel

"Oh How's that Dr Jackson?"

"Well Sam won't let them take Elizabeth. As for the reptile baby, it's body seems to be decomposing a little faster. Jacob's took some DNA and is gonna use Tok'ra technology to find out what happened but there's not much left of the baby."

"Oh. They'll still try and get Elizabeth and the President has given them permission to come and get her."

"Sir. You can't possibly be telling me, that we're are gonna hand over a little baby to the NID. Surely Elizabeth falls under the duristriction that Cassandra did." said Jack

"Yes, but the president wants to know if she is dangerous."

"General Elizabeth needs to be with her mother."

"I know that son." suddenly the door opened and Sam Carter walked in

"I won't let them take her away, sir." she said Calmly

"Major there's nothing I can do. The president believes that the child could be a threat."

"How? She's just a baby."

"A fast growing baby." said Maybourne walking into the room as the door was open.

"What are you doing here?" shouted Hammond

"Ah I came in advance."

"Advance? I've only just got off the phone with the president."

"I know that. Elizabeth is the name of the subject."

"Subject?" shouted Sam "She's a baby." Jack had to restrain her.

"Well done Jack for protecting me."

"Oh Mayborne I'm not protecting you. Just her."

"Why worried that I'll hurt her."

"No worried that she'll ruin her career when she kills you."

"Very funny Jack."

"I wasn't joking. Now why are ya here Harry."

"To fetch Elizabeth for science."

"I won't let you take her." said Sam

"I once reminded Jack that is a court martialble offence to strike an officer."

"I don't care."

"You wouldn't hurt me."

"You just watch me." Maybourne had a worried look when he sensed the sincerity in her voice.

"We have good news." said Janet Fraiser with excitment in her voice.

"What's that?" asked Jack looking at her in the face

"We may have something that could be deadly to the visitors."

"Oh." asked Daniel

"Yeah. The reptile baby died because of some foriegn DNA in his/her blood. Now we tested Elizabeth she doesn't seem to have it. Neither does Major Carter. All we need to know now is will it be harmful to us and hopefully if it works."

"We'll need someone to test it on." said Jack

"Jack we are not gonna test it on Willie. He's been too helpful..."

"Danny I wasn't suggest we murder a friend. I was thinking more along the line of going fishing for one."

"Oh."

"So I'll just get Teal'c and we'll go fishing."

"Jack Teal'c doesn't like fishing."

"You know what I mean....Oh and Daniel look after S...Carter for me."

"Will do Jack." Daniel watched Jack leave the infirmary and then he turned to Janet "Did you hear that."

"Sure did."

"He nearly said Sam. I told you today would be a good day."

"That you did." Daniel had a wide grin on his face. "Can I feed Elizabeth."

"Sure. Why don't you fetch Cassandra."

"Is SHE here?"

"Yeah. What with the war and everything."

"I understand."

"Right." Daniel walked upto the room in which Elizabeth was meant to be in, only to find that Elizabeth was gone. "Janet. Janet."

"What is it?" asked Janet running in. All Daniel could do was quickly point to the empty grib. "Oh no. Maybourne?"

"I hope not."

"C'mon let's find her." They ran out of the room and out of the infirmary.

Elizabeth Carter walked into a dark room and looked at the young girl on the bed. "Hello." said the young girl "I'm Cassandra. Are you Auntie Sam's baby. Although you look a little older but that's okay. I don't mind. It means that we can play. I could be your cousin if you like. I would be really nice to you."

"I am....Elizabeth."

"Woah you know you're name already." Elizabeth smiled. That kinda made her feel proud.

"Do you wanna play?" asked Cassandra.

"What?"

"Oh it's called, um frustration."

"Why?"

"Sam says that it's because of it makes you frustrated."

"Sam?"

"Yeah she's you're mum."

"My mother. I wish to see her. Where is she?"

"I don't know. You miss her."

"Yes."

"I miss my mum too." Suddenly Janet and Daniel ran in.

"My god Elizabeth you've grown." stated Janet

"Do you wanna see mummy. We know where she is." said Daniel

"Will she be...mad at me?"

"Mad at you? Why?" asked Daniel "This man came to take me away. He said that I wouldn't be able to see Mummy."

"Man? Did he say his name was Maybourne?"

"Yeah. I pushed him away. Will she be mad?"

"No I don't think so Elizabeth. I think she will be pround of you." When Daniel left with Elizabeth, Janet walked upto Cassandra. "Hey- You okay."

"Is Maybourne gonna take her away."

"Not if Sam has anything to do with it." Cassie smiled.

"I am apart of a peaceful race. You can't just kidnap me." shouted a visitor toward Teal'c. Teal'c just pulled him into the infirmary to listen to the end of Jack's sentence "So I warn you. This isn't gonna be good. So we had best get it over with." Jacob Carter took one look at him and dived at him. "I am not afraid." he said once Jack had restrained Jacob.

"Well you're even more stupid than you look. Brian." The father of Elizabeth snarled at him as he was being dragged away.

In the coridoor he saw Sam "Samantha I love you. Don't let them do this please." Sam just stood against the wall and watched Teal'c and some secuirty officers drag him away. She was probably more frightened of him than she realised and she didn't hear Jack come beside her. "Are you okay?"

".............what?"

"I said are you okay. Sam. You looked far away."

"He said he loved me."

"Do you love him." Jack immediately regretted that question but Sam didn't react the way he thought she would. "No. I don't . I hate him and I can't wait until her dies." at that she stormed off.

TO BE CONTIUED

Miss Wendy