Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Vampire Slayer 18: The Nesting Season

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Nesting Season

The Nesting Season

by Miss Wendy

TITLE: The Nesting Season
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: w.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Crossover (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Romance, Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part of Slayer Series 01 What Goes Bump In the Night 02 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun parts 1 and 2 03 The Virus 04 All Mighty and Powerful 05 Burning Passion 06 Aftershock 07 Aqua-World 08 Gifts and Traditions 09 Captured 10 Heartache 11 This Evil Heart 12 Good Day, Bad Day 13 The Disease 14 Mr President 15 Troublesome Teenager 16 They Call It Love 17The New Life
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover, violence
SUMMARY: A pile of human parts is found behind the back of the club
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Interesting, i actually don't know what to say, wow a first, I'll er get back to ya

Sam Carter staked the Vampire behind her and turned to face the next one. The Vampire had a slight change of mind and ran off, normally Sam would have let it go. But not today, she ran after it. Her mind already knowing where he will go, she managed to get there before him. He was stunned when he saw her. "Hi, miss me." she said, she flipped forward and smashed him to the floor. She then staked him, looked up and saw the coast was clear and then walked off.

When she got home it was three in the morning and Jack was waiting for her in the living room. "You know," he said when she walked in "I'm sure good ole doc fraiser said you had to rest. I'm not sure slaying quite fits that." he said. She grinned.

"Sorry, i just needed to. I could feel a few around, so I had to go."

"No you didn't." he said. Sam looked at him and softly spoke.

"Okay I'm sorry." she sat beside him.

"No I'm sorry, you've been couped up all week, just don't do it again."

"I won't, I just can't wait until I can get back to slaying and make up for all the lost time."

"I know but it won't come any quicker if you don't let your body rest." He kissed her cheek and then her hair. "Why are you up anyway?" she asked

"Well I've only just got Piper to go back to sleep."

"Oh, did she want feeding?"

"If she didn't she will do now, that's your job." he said eyeing her

"Okay I'm going." she went upstairs to breast feed her 1 week old baby.

Buffy picked up another bag of trash and looked at Giles. "How come we get so much rubbish?"

"Well people come to party and leave their rubbish. I suppose it's one way of looking at youths these days." he replied. In his usual manner.

"Thanks Giles." she said, and then walked out the back door

"Your welcome." but just after he said that he heard Buffy shriek his name. He ran outto find her looking at a pile of body parts near the trash. "Okay, that doesn't belong here." said Buffy, looking slightly upset at what she was looking at.

"I have never seen anything like that." said Buffy, holding her glass.

"Well from what I can tell the er...body parts are human." said Giles, choosing a seat next to Buffy, as they, being Willow, Xander, Daniel and Tara, sat in the office at the club.

"What would do that to somebody?" asked Willow

"Just one guess...a demon." said Xander.

"But which Demon?" said Daniel, it was more of a statement than a question. Just at that point Sam walked in. "Oh hi guys." she said, "What happened then?"

"Well we're guessing that we have a demon who likes to leave a lot of...parts behind." replied Xander.

"Oh...er...parts?" asked Sam, confused.

"I found a pile of human...parts behind the club." replied Buffy. "What are you here for?"

"I've spent the better part of this morning looking for a receit that I lost." replied Sam, "And here it is." she said. After rumaging on the desk

"Where's Piper?" asked Tara

"Oh in the car with Leanne." Sam took a good look at Buffy "Do you want any help?"

"No, we're just doing research at the moment." replied Giles

"Do you want any help with that?" she asked, obviously she wanted to help.

"Why? Where's Jack?" asked Daniel

"At the SGC, apparently he has heaps of paper work, and the General has threatened to keep him there for a whole week if he doesn't do them, and you know what that means."

"No, what?" asked Xander

"He'll be upset cos he won't get to see Piper at all." replied Sam

"Or you." Buffy reminded her.

"Do you want help or not?" asked Sam desperately, changing the subject

"Do we get to see Piper?" asked Willow, with excitement.

"Yes." said Sam.

"Then help." said Xander, "And bring Piper. We're all going to Giles'." Sam grinned and walked out the office.

Tara, Daniel and Willow sat around a table looking at piles of books, while Xander and Leanne played with Piper's fingers on the sofa, while Giles, Buffy and Sam looked for more books that could help.. "I can't find any reference to a demon that leaves body parts in a huge pile." said Willow

"Neither can I, it's like this was just a random incident." added Daniel

"But surely not, I mean why random?" said Tara.

"Maybe someone was trying to say something." tried Sam. She then noticed Xander resting his head on Piper's stomach. "And maybe someone is looking for trouble." she said pulling his face off her daughter. "Sorry, but she's so soft."

"And barely a week old." said Sam, Leanne smirked, which she often did.

"Is that why she is all wrapped up in clothes." said Xander, Sam was about to answer when Giles said "I think I've found our demon."

"Really? What is it then?" asked Sam

"Well it's wierd..."

"What is it?" asked Willow

"It's the demons way of....well...er...reproducing."

"Yuck!!" exclaimed Leanne.

"How is that...?" Buffy's question trailed off

"I'm not sure, the female seems to nest there." replied Giles

"Am I glad we got rid of that pile." said Xander "That could have been grose."

"Yeah but who's to say that's the only one." Tara said, making everyone think for a second.

"Oh god!" Giles said suddenly

"What?"

"It would seem it's mating season." he replied quietly, but the quiet was disturbed when Piper decided to cry. Sam picked her up and looked at the others "I think she wants feeding, I'll be back."

"Why can't you feed her here? We don't mind, we won't look." said Xander

"Well why do you want me to feed her here if you're not gonna look." she said, but instead of waitng for an answer she walked upstairs.

Jack O'Neill finally got home at 10 O'Clock to hear laughing in the living room. He walked in and watched the scene in front of him. Sam was sitting with the baby monitor near her ear, while Daniel and Willow were playing a very tight game of chess.

"Hey." he said, catching everybody's attention. Sam jumped up to greet him.

"I thought you weren't coming home." she said, obviously believeing his work was going to keep him forever. She kissed him and then smiled. "Well you know Hammond once he gets his mind set on work he makes sure it get's done." he replied. Sam kissed him again and then led him to the sofa. "Guess what?" said Xander, clutching his soda and looking at the greying man beside Sam. "Can't guess."

"It's nesting season." said Xander with a grin. "Cool huh?"

"Huh?" Jack looked at Sam in confusion.

"There's this demon who's leaving nests in certain places for...females." she replied trying desperately to word her sentence right. She then put the baby monitor back to her ear.

"Still confused." said Jack.

"The nests are made of human body parts." explained Daniel.

"Which means i have to look out for them." said Buffy. "When I patrol, and when Sam finally comes back, she'll have to too!" Sam grinned

"Can't wait."

"i don't think you can." said Jack, smiling at her.

"i know, I can't."

Buffy walked around the cemetary again, hoping to find a Vampire or two Surely we haven't killed their little movement already. She thought to herself.

Suddenly she saw what looked like a brown coloured demon putting together a pile of body parts. "A-ha!" she exclaimed "Gotcha!" She quickly ran behind the demon, and jumped on him, with her legs wrapped around it's neck she swung it around, both of them landing on the floor. She made it more than angry. "I guess you don't like being dusturbed,huh?"

There was no answer it just grabbed her waists, and dropped her on a head stone, it was about to give the final blow when it froze. Buffy stood up to see Sam standing there.

"Hey, look at you, freezing the big bad guy when you're meant to be resting." Buffy said in her baby tone.

"Don't tell Jack, I kinda promised I wouldn't but I could...I don't know...I guess you could say I could feel you were in danger." she replied.

"Well I thank your feelings, they saved me. Why don't you unfreeze him and let me play."

"At least get in a position where you're at an advantage." said Sam preparing to unfreeze the demon. "Right!" Buffy got into position and prepared to give him a few final blows of her own. Sam unfroze him and walked off. Leaving Buffy alone with her toy.

Buffy walked upto Sam in the club the next morning, she was putting glasses away. "Hey."

"Hiya, Buffy." replied Sam

"Did he find out?" asked Buffy with a whisper

"No he didn't. What was the demon doing anyway?" Sam asked

"He was putting together a nest."

"You hit Jackpot already?" asked Sam with amazement

"Yep. I hope there are only a few. I can't be doing with a million nesting demons." Willow walked upto Buffy and Sam and made them both jump "Sorry, i just came to say that Leanne just phoned, Piper won't go to sleep or do anything. Basically the baby just is in a mood and mummy is needed."she said

"Okay I'm going." said Sam,

"See ya later." Buffy shouted after her

"Yeah later." Sam then walked out the door.

"Did you try everything I showed you?" Sam asked her sister

"Yeah she just seems to be upset." replied Sam "I didn't shout at her or anything she probably just misses you or daddy."

"Probably Daddy." said Sam, running upstairs to her daughter.

When she came downstairs holding Piper, Jack was home. "Hey! I just heard from Annie here that little Piper was upset."

"Yeah, she still is. I think she wants you." said Sam. Passing her along.

"Your daddy's girl aren't you." said Jack, toward Piper, wiggling her fingers with his little finger. Although she was still upset. Sam smiled as she watched her husband cradle their daughter, her smile faded when she saw blood smudged on the window. "What?" asked Leanne. But Sam ran outside. To find a demon placing somebodys arm on a pile. Sam knocked him over with her mind and then ran back inside. "What's going on?" asked Jack.

"Just stay there." Sam unlocked the cupboard and got out a weapon. She then went back outside and grabbed the demon by the arm and swung him over. She then swung at him and his arm fell to the floor.

Back inside Piper seemed to cry even more. As if she knew what was going on.

Sam swung at him but he dived out the way. Sam knocked him over with her mind again, and used the axe to chop him in half.

When Sam walked back inside Piper was now asleep in her fathers arms. "She's now quiet." said Jack quietly. "She was really noisey while you were fighting." added Leanne

"Like she knew." said Sam, her mind thinking about what had happened.

Giles looked out the window of his living room and then turned around to see Sam. "I'm telling you Giles she knew that demon was there, she was telling me, she was crying. She was totally disturbed."

"How can you be sure it wasn't coincidence?" he asked

"Look, the first slayer told me that my child would be protected by my gift and when that demon kidnapped me and kept me in that cave, he said that a prohecy said that my child would be 'unique'." Giles looked at the woman before him, he could tell she truly believed that her daughter, Piper, could sense the demon and possibly others.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy