Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Darkest of Angels Part 2, The

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Darkest of Angels part 2

The Darkest of Angels part 2

by Miss Wendy

The Darkest of Angels part 2
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Crossover (Dark Angel), Hurt/Comfort, Challenge (#976)
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Sequel to The Darkest of Angels
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Crossover
SUMMARY: Sam and Max meet Jason on another world while the rest of SG-1 learn of Sam's troubled past.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hi this is part two of what is now three. That is the result of not too good planning. Feeeeeeeeeeeeebaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccck pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. pretty pleaaaaaaaaase.

Sam walked upto a crumbled wall and looked at Max, "Maybe there in here?"

"Are we really on another planet?"

They walked in and found themselves in a corridoor. "Can you hear something?"

"Ssssh." they listened to the angry words of a man.

"Now which one will die first. Perhaps you, the one with the sarcastic remarks....."

"Oh dear." said Max

"That's what I was thinking." Sam pointed to one direction and she went the other.

The man whom they had heard speaking stopped suddenly, Sam signalled for them to hide. They did and waited for him to come out of the room. The man looked young as he stepped out, Sam felt a sudden familarity about him. Max noticed and whispered to her "What." although Sam was far away she heard, lucky the man didn't as he was very far away. "I know him." she whispered back.

"You do? How?"

"I don't know, I just do."

"That's freaky." Sam nodded. The man gave up his search and went back to SG-1.

"Tell me about it." then Sam added "You go in first. Hopefully the Colonel won't remember you from before."

"Before?!?"

"Um yeah at my place when he came in."

"Oh right. What about...you."

"I'm gonna follow you." Max nodded in agreement and walked into the room, with her hands in the air.

"I'm unarmed." said Max as the man turned on his heels and faced her. She lifted her hands higher so that he could see. The man studied her from head to toe. "I thought I heard something outside." Max walked closer to him "Don't come any closer." he held up his weapon at her. She stopped and looked at the weapon. "Is THAT yours?"

"Why do YOU ask?"

"It just looks as if it's from EARTH. That's all."

"What are YOU talking about." Max let herself look up only to regret it as he saw where she was looking. Sam was standing very high up on a stone platform. Jack and Daniel looked up as well. "Sam?" asked Daniel, to nobody in particular.

"Hey- Do I know you." said Jack suddenly at Max and then his head quickly turned up at Sam "Hey- How did you get up there. And...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON." Teal'c raised an eyebrow at Colonel O'Neill.

The man looked at the blonde woman high above him. "What are you going to do?" Sam didn't answer with words. Instead she jumped of the ledge. Jack's heart went into his mouth. But when he opened his eyes Sam had landed on the floor. "Woah." was all Jack could say.

The young man studied Sam just as he had studied Max. "Are you....like me."

"Woah. What." stuttered Sam

"Er...that would depend what are you talking about." Said Max not taking her eyes off him.

"It doesn't matter." at that the man ran away. Max and Sam looked at each other

"Um....Could you kids untie us." said Jack impatiently.

"So Carter care to explain how the hell you jumped off that....that ledge, high ledge and landed on your feet and not a scratch on you." Jack O'Neill asked Sam Carter.

"Well sir...I will tell you but we must find him."

"Why?" asked Daniel

"Do you always ask questions?" asked Max

"I do know you don't I?" asked Jack.

"Well..." began Max

"You were at Carter's house. I would like to know how you got here."

"The same way as you, apparently." replied Max with a slightly annoyed tone. They all continued to walk in silence "So Carter again how did you jump?"

"Sir."

"Yeah yeah you'll tell me soon. But I think we deserve to know right now. We just got captured by a mad man. And we then saw you jump. A civillian came through the gate. All in all it's been a wierd day. That man still thinks he's on Earth. Yet we saw him jump out of a tree." Jack stopped and looked at Daniel who looked as if he had figured something out "Danny do you have something to share."

"As a matter of fact. Yes. You just said he jumped out of the tree."

"Yeah you do remember don't you?"

"Jack. That's not what I'm saying. Sam jumped in pretty much the same way. Except from a higher point." Sam and Max looked at him and then at each other "And then he asked if they were the same as him."

"What if he is?" asked Max

"Then we definently have to find him." said Sam

"Why?" asked Teal'c

"Because..." started Sam and then with Max in unison they said "...we have to." Teal'c raised an eyebrow. Jack exchanged glances with Daniel.

"Look Carter, we are not going to find anybody and we are not going anywhere until you tell me what the HELL IS GOING ON...Look, you jumped and yet you ain't explaining. I'm ORDERING you to tell me." Carter just looked at him. She didn't know what to say, how could she tell him that some mad man altered her DNA and others like her so that they could fight and be turned into soldiers.

Luckily for her she didn't get to because the man found them. He jumped off a cliff and grabbed Sam. Immediately there was a fight between him and Sam. Jack watched in complete amazement. They were fast. Max pullled them out the way.

He pinned Sam to the floor and was about to stab her with a knife when he looked directly into her eyes. Images flashed into each others minds. "Jason." she suddenly said.

"Samantha? Is...that...that you?"

"Yeah, it's me." He put the knife on the floor and helped her up. Max watched and realised who Jason was. He had been there with them, he was one of them.

"Jason, you must come back to Earth with us." said Max

"Then these were speaking the truth." Jason asked

"Yeah." said Max "Amazing huh."

"Please come back and help us." said Sam

"Do what?"

"Find the others." said Max .

"Er excuse me, what's....find the others?? You know each other???" said a confused Jack.

"Um Sir. I know it seems hard to comprehend right now. But I said that I will tell you and I promise you I will."

"Yeah I trust you." he said sarcastically

"Don't you?"

"It's not that Carter. It's just....THAT was amazing." he said referring to her fight with Jason.

"You trust these?" asked Jason, suddenly

"Yeah I do." said Sam

"And I gotta say I think I do too!" said Max

"What? There like the people who did this to us. They ARE MILITARY."

"No, Jason. Lydecker did this to us. Not them." said Sam a little more harsely then she had intended.

"I won't go back if we are gonna end up in some military base. I won't. "

"Jason these people are good.They could help...right?" said Max

"What THEY did to us was wrong." Jason was increasing the distance between them. "I'll kill every single one of them" Teal'c then raised his staff weapon.

"Woah Teal'c, stop. You're not helping." said Sam

"He wishes to kill."

"He's frightened. I so relate to that." said Max "Let us help you. We could HELP you and the others. As soon as you go back. Zack will probably be there quicker than you can say honey I'm home."

"Zack?" he asked

"Yeah. He's been looking after us." said Sam

"He feels it's his responsibility." continued Max. Sam held out her hand and said "Stay with us. We are better off together." he looked at her outstretched hand and hestitated before taking it. They slowly moved toward each other and then when they were face to face they held each other tight. Both of them beginning to cry. Max then joined them and they all the all fell to the floor in tears of both sadness and joy. "It's gonna be okay." said Max.

Jack O'Neill watched as the woman he loved, dare he even think it, held another man closley with another woman and was crying. Never had he ever seen Sam cry. He felt a slight twinged when he realised something big must have happened and he was probably looking at people from her past. But then that didn't explain why she could jump off high things and fight really fast. He was definently no scientists but this was making him want to know what makes her do that.

He looked the other way for a moment and suddenly felt bad. Jaffa. Tonnes of 'em were coming this way. "Um, kids. We have got company." This mad Daniel look and Max, Sam and Jason let go of each other. "They are Jaffa." said Jason

"How do you know that?" asked Daniel, speaking for the first time in ages.

"I heard someone call them that some time ago. This is there second arrival since I got here. They come through that circular thing."

"The Stargate." said Sam

"Well they called it the Chap'ai. "

"That's the same thing ." said Daniel.

"Of course." said Jack "Right we are not gonna be able to take all those on. So do you have anywhere to hide."

"No I just avoid them"

"How do you do that?"

"Um Colonel...He was...his body helps him do it."

"Oh." This is getting wierd. Thought Jack.

"We could run." said Max

"They can't run." said Sam

"Hey..." complained Jack

"Well Okay maybe not as....fast."

"There are three of us and three of them." said Sam

"Jason would you." asked Max "....I will take the arcehologist."

"Good. Sir would you mind if I carried you."

"Only if you tell me why you think you are stronger than me."

"Sir lets just say that I was made that way."

"You are making no sense at all."

"That's the way it always is."

"O'Neill this is concerning. How can this young woman be stronger than me." said Teal'c as Max prepared to hold onto him.

"Don't worry Buddy." said Jack , as Sam got hold of him "I...hope you know what you are doing Major."

"Sir your gonna feel a little queasy."

"Why?"

"It may.....well shock your system."

"Are we going for a ride, Carter."

"Jack, stop asking questions." said Daniel "Your giving me a headache."

"Daniel Carter said that would happen after we....get a ride."

"Why don't you just hold on." said Sam, before Jack could answer he felt himself fly. The speed that they were running at was incredible. They ran all the way to the Stargate. Letting go of Jack, Sam quickly dialled Earth and grabbed him after sending the signal. Once they had stepped through the horizon they were gone.

"How do you feel Colonel?" asked Dr Fraiser

"Oh much better, thanks. I've never felt so sick in my life."

"Well your body wasn't made for such speed. However Major Carter, Max Guevara and Jason appear to be able to cope with such stress. As if there was no stress."

"How come we never noticed before."

"Didin't quite know what I was looking for." Daniel walked upto them as Janet began to help the Colonel off the bed. "Um Jack. I thought you should know that Sam is kinda ready to tell us how she does what she can apparently do."

"This should be interesting." said Jack as they walked out of the infirmary. Janet Fraiser decided to follow.

They walked into the breifing room to find Sam, Max and Jason sitting on one side of the table. Jack and Daniel joined Teal'c on the other side of the table and Janet sat next to General Hammond. "Right then Major, the show is yours Tell them." said Hammond

"Right. Um this probably sounds...."

"....wierd." finished Max

"Um yeah. Um when we were very young we had our genes altered. To like enhance our senses and abilities."

"We can do things like see in the dark and hear people clearly a few rooms away." said Max

"Cool." said Jack

"Who exactly did that?" asked Daniel

"Lydecker." said Jason, the sound of anger filling his voice

"I take it you don't really like him." said Daniel

"Not for what he did to us we don't." said Sam, almost just as angrily.

"We didn't exactly shake his hand and sign a contract and run upto him with open arms." Max said. Jack could sense the sarcasm in her voice. He probably would have put it like that.

"So I'm guessing that...he is a bad guy." said Jack

"Yeah well you could say that. Lydecker would put us in water for minutes on end. He trained us to fight." said Sam

"He wanted Soldiers." said Max

"He deserves to die. We shouldn't be having discussions about him." said Jason

"Woah Jason not so fast. He doesn't know we are here ."

"He doesn't?" asked Daniel

"Nine of us managed to escape. Some were killed trying." said Max

"We got seperated and well at least three of us found each other." said Sam

"Zack knows where each and every one of us are." said Max "he told me that he must protect them. And that if we stay together that we are in danger of being captured."

"Sounds like he stills thinks like a soldier." said Sam

"Oh yeah. He's still in Manticore. Through and through. But he does care. "

"Manticore?" asked Daniel

"It's where it all happened." said Max

"Sir." said Jack "You know don't you."

"Yes."

"General Hammond if you knew how come we do not." asked Teal'c

"The Major told me when she first was assigned here. Not willingly but she did tell me."

"Not willingly huh." said Jack "Well now we know what is gonna happen."

"Know of what we have said can leave this room." said Sam

"If you happen to have a gossip among you Lydecker may find us." said Max

"That's not likely to happen." said Janet

"Point is, we don't know. " said Max

"If he finds us he will take us back to the one place we've been trying to get as far away from as possible." said Sam

"So how come your a Carter. Carter." said Jack

"Um he adopted me."

"Adopted? I know how that feels." said Daniel

"No. They are my family just not....biologically. You just ask my Dad. He'll tell you."

"Will do." said Jack.

to be continued.............hahahaha.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy