Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Haunting, The

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Haunting

The Haunting

by Miss Wendy

TITLE: The Haunting
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: w.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Horror
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: angst, Obviously there's scary images. And very sad humor included here too
SUMMARY: A haunted house traps SG-1
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I haven't wrote for ages but here it is. I've been suffering from one of those writers blocks. ;0)

SG-1 came out of the event horizon to see what looked like a house directly in front of the gate. The sky was blue and the sun was shining. "I didn't see that on the MALP." said Daniel Jackson

"Neither did I." said Teal'c.

"That's because it wasn't." said Jack O'Neill. "Let's have a look, anyway."

"Sir?" asked Samantha Carter. Walking to his side.

"I'm just in the mood for an adventure. What do you say?"

"Sure." said Sam . SG-1 stepped forward as clouds began to appear.

"Colonel O'Neill , I believe it intends to rain." said Teal'c

"Where do you get that from?" asked Jack, in his normal sarcastic way. They continued to walk forward, until they got to a huge big door. "Well this looks like an acient design from earth." said Daniel

"Really?" asked Jack. The door opened by itself. "I didn't realise doors used to be able to do that in the acient times."

"Jack? I said it's the design." said Daniel. SG-1 stepped forward and into the building.

As they reached further inside, there was a flash of lighting and suddenly their clothes had changed. They were no longer wearing fatigues. There weapons were no longer there. Jack was wearing a cowboy suit with the hat to match. Daniel was wearing a posh suit with a bow tie. Sam was wearing a tiny light blue dress which fitted her figure snuggly, with blue tiny, high heeled, sandles. While Teal'c wore a ladybird costume.

Jack looked at his team members in turn. "Well don't we look nice." he said.

"Jack, please don't be an ass." said Daniel

"Well I was just commenting that the clothes we are wearing seem to be.....different."

"It's cold." said Sam, Jack looked at her, and studied her from head to toe.

"I think you would be cold. Your hardly wearing anything."

"I feel like baby spice from the spice girls."

"Your hair is not long enough." said Teal'c, they all looked at him. Sam started to glare at him but the sight of him wearing a ladybird costume made her grin. "Teal'c, my goodness. You are looking lady like." said Jack. Sam smiled at his comment. Teal'c merely raised an eyebrow.

"Sir, I think we should head out of here." said Sam.

"I agree." said Daniel, "Please let's go." SG-1 turned around only to see the doors smash shut. Sam physically jumped. "Oh dear." said Daniel "This doesn't look promising."

"Ya think.Teal'c, let's open this shall we." Teal'c and Jack walked forward only to find that the door was no longer there. "Okay that's not possible." said Sam.

"Are you still feeling adventurous, O'Neill?" asked Teal'c.

"No, not really." Sam decided not to listen to them, she was cold so she started moving around and looking at the room, she walked forward to see a huge staircase. "Sam?" asked Daniel. Making Jack and Teal'c look in her direction "Carter, come back here." said Jack, she turned to him and said

"I think we should look for another way out of here, sir."

"True, but how 'bout we do that together, no splitting up." said Jack. "Teal'c, you're with me. Daniel, Carter go up those stairs, we'll meet back here in 1 hour."

"Yes sir." said Sam, waiting for Daniel. Jack and Teal'c walked down the other corridoor on the left.

"So Teal'c, any bright ideas?" asked Jack

"I have come up with no plan in which to free ourselves from this prison." replied Teal'c

"Prison?" asked Jack.

"If we cannot leave, then it is a prison."

"Got ya. Is something wrong?"

"I am not enjoying the experience of being dressed up as a small creature that resides on your planet."

"At least you're not a cow boy."

"What is a cow boy?"

"Tell you what why don't you ask Daniel."

"Daniel Jackson is not here, O'Neill." said Teal'c.

"True, but we meet up soon." said Jack. "Let's see if we can find some secret pasage."

"O'Neill is this an adventure."

"I wouldn't call it a normal day at the mill."

"I see."

"No I don't think I like this place." said Daniel.

"It's more cold that what it was down stairs." Sam said, standing in the middle of what looked like a ball room, with stain glass windows. Daniel walked upto her and took his coat off. "Here" he said.

"Thank you." said Sam as she wrapped the coat around her. The coat made her look like she wasn't wearing anything as the dress she was wearing only just covered the top her thighs. Daniel's coat covered the dress, as it was a knee length coat. Sam and Daniel walked upto the windows. "What if we smashed these?" asked Daniel.

"It's worth a try." replied Sam. Daniel looked around for something to smash the window with. He found a chair and took it. He walked back to the window and Sam stood back. Daniel smashed the window. The glass didn't drop to the floor, instead it flew in Sam's direction. Sam dropped to the floor. The glass hit the other side of the room. Daniel looked at her and she nodded that she was okay. He then turned back to the window, to see glass growing back in it's place. "My god!" exclaimed Sam as she walked upto Daniel "It's....regenerating." she said, pausing to search for the word.

Jack O'Neill and Teal'c walked into the swimming pool area. "Now these people must have money." said Jack. "I hope Daniel and Carter are having better luck than we are."

"So do I." they turned to leave but stopped walking when the heard a sound.

"Did you hear that?" asked Jack

"I did." said Teal'c. They turned back to the swimming pool, to see it was full of people. Jack felt his ears make a popping noise and then he could hear everybody, the sound of a crowd of people having fun. "Okay they weren't there." said Jack, he turned to Teal'c to see he was gone. "What the HELL is going on?" he cursed. He then turned away, only to realise everyone was gone.

Sam and Daniel were walking down a long corridoor when Daniel felt that he could hear whispering. "Sam do you hear that?" he asked, so hoping he wasn't going crazy

"What?" asked Sam.

"I'm not sure. It sounds like Teal'c." said Daniel,

"It can't be Teal'c. I didn't hear anything." said Sam. Daniel stopped walking and looking the cupboard. It was empty. "What?" asked Sam

"I don't know. I just feel as if something's watching us." said Daniel, sounding totally spooked.

"Let's just meet the Colonel, and tell him, okay." Sam walked forward but Daniel didn't follow. He felt a hand cover his mouth so that he couldn't tell Sam. He felt him self being pushed backward, into the cupbaord that he had opened.

Sam began to feel a wind, she turned to around to see Daniel had gone. "Daniel???" she asked, but no one answered. She then ran down the corridoor, she needed to get to the Colonel and Teal'c.

Jack O'Neill stood next to where the door had once been. "Come on, Danny, Carter where are you." he then stopped talking as he thought he heard the sounds of female footsteps running. They were definently female as they had that clink clonk sound. "Carter?" he said as she ran upto him. He helped her stop. "Where's Daniel?" he asked

"He...er he disappeared. Oh god" she said "Where's Teal'c?"

"He disappeared too. What else happened, you seem pretty shaky." said Jack

"There was this window that regenerates when you smash it." Jack looked at her as she was breathing very heavily. He held her shoulders and tried to calm her down, for some reason she seemed more frightened than he thought she would be. But then Jack didn't feel calm.

"You've got Danny's coat." said Jack

"I was cold." said Sam. Jack looked at her, she was shaking, so she must be cold. He then held her.

"I think we should find Daniel and Teal'c." said Sam, he looked at her and nodded.

Daniel Jackson walked down the creepy corridoor and with no doors, except for the one at the end. There were faces on the wall, on paintings. They were whispering his name.

A bright light shined through the door at the end of the corridoor, a voice came from the door. "Come here Daniel." it was more louder than the whispers. The door swung open and the light nearly blinded him. "Come to us, Daniel. Sha're is here." Daniel shook his head.

"No." he said, disbelievingly "I'll go this way." he pointed behind him and turned in that direction. He started walking. "Come Daniel." he walked faster. "Don't deny Daniel, come to us, Daniel." Daniel ran. Not looking back.

Teal'c walked into what looked like an office. He walked upto what looked like the desk. He looked up and saw a huge window. He started to walk to it, but the window frame moved into a different shape. It look like a face. The mouth on the face began to move. "Speak to your god." Teal'c turned around to see Apophis.

Apophis lifted his arm and aimed the ribbon device at his head. Teal'c could feel his life draining away. Apophis was laughing as he had triumphed. "After you are gone, your friends will join you." he was really laughing and enjoying himself, when suddely the sharpe end of a knife came through his stomach. The knife pulled back and he was stabbed again. Teal'c watched as Apophis fell to the floor. In his place stood....Ry'ac, Teal'c's son. "Ry'ac?" said Teal'c, standing up.

"I am not who I appear to be." he said, "Neither was he."

"Ry'ac my son, I knew you were a strong warrior."

"Father you must listen to me, if you do not find your friends and leave, you will die." Ry'ac disappeared and so did Apophis's body.

Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill reached a bedroom. It had been hours and they were exhausted "Well this should do, so we can rest and then find the others." said Jack

"How could you possibly rest....sir?" asked Sam

"By resting, carter." said Jack, in a sarcastic tone.

"Okay." Sam got on the bed, and kept her shoes on. She just pulled the sheet over her.

"Er, Carter, what about me?" asked Jack

"What about you?" asked Sam

"Where will I sleep?" he asked

"On the floor." she said, suggestively. She looked at his face "Oh alright." Sam made room for him in the bed. "But I want you to know that for the record I was against this." she said, closing her eyes

"Noted, major." said Jack. They stayed that way for a while listening to the silence.

"What if something bad happens, while we're asleep." asked Sam

"It won't."

"How would you know?"

"I....well I know."

"I'm not convinced."

"Go to sleep, Major."

"Yes sir." Silence again. Sam opened her eyes when she heard a strange noise. Jack opened his eyes as well and looked at her. "it's wind." he said, trying to sound convinced

"I...." she stopped when the sheet that was covering them flew up, onto the ceiling. It stayed there.

"Oh for crying out loud." said Jack, under his breath. They lay there watching the sheet move gently in the wind, that wasn't actually there. "God...Colonel? It's getting hot."

"I know." they looked at the walls, to see steam flowing down them. "How about we go."

"I like that idea." they got off the bed and ran for the door.

They ran into the corridoor and didn't stop running, until the carpet tripped them up. "Ouch." said Jack

"Sa...Carter, are you okay."

"Fine.....Colonel." she replied. Jack looked up and saw knifes starting to fall from the ceiling. "Oh crap, let's go, shall we." said Jack, pulling her off the floor, and dragging her down the corridoor. The knife's followed them, "Colonel?" shouted Sam "Where are we going?"

"I don't know, forward." he said still dragging her.

"Could you let go of me?"

"I have no intentions of losing you." Sam couldn't answer to that as she continued to run with Jack.

They ran into a living room, a very big huge,large living room. They stopped when the reached the centre. Jack still held Sam. "I'm not cold anymore." Said Sam, struggling to catch her breath. Jack let go of her. "Do you want to swap shoes?" she asked

"Hey?" he said, looking at her confused, also breathlessly.

"I'm sure you'll enjoy these as much as I have."

"They're hurting you?" he asked.

"Yeah. I've never really liked high heeled shoes, They're unpractical."

"They look nice. You look nice." he said

"Thanks so do you." the both turned their heads when they saw Daniel out the corner of their eyes.

"Daniel?" said Sam

"Where you been, Danny?" Daniel didn't answer. Suddenly his hair, fell off. It was quick and the hair floated around his ankles. "Oh my god!" exclaimed Sam. Daniel's body began to tremble. "I don't think he's Daniel!" said Sam

"I have to agree." said Jack, grabbing Sam, making sure he didn't loose her. He didn't want to. Daniel's body had a tare in the middle. The tare opened and he turned inside out, very quickly.

"Yuck!" said Jack. Sam and Jack began to take steps backward. Sam looked pale and she was obviously ready to throw up. "That's definently not Daniel." said Sam

"Unless of course he can do that." Sam looked at him, questionably. Jack shrugged. They turned back to Daniel and saw his hair that had been floating around his ankles float up to the ceiling. He walked forward and blood dripped all over the floor, Sam and Jack continued to step backward. This copy Daniel got hold of his stomach and ripped it off from his body. "oh my!" said Jack. Still stepping backward, keeping a firm grip on his second in command. Daniel twisted his stomach as if wringing it. Blood dripped all over the floor. At this point,Sam couldn't take anymore and grabbed Jack's cowboy shirt and pulled him, this time, and ran off.

Still running, they bumped into a ladybird....."Teal'c?" asked Jack.

"It is I, O'Neill." said Teal'c, Sam and Jack began to walk backwards. "Major Carter, O'Neill you must trust me. I am who I appear to be. However there are beings in this building that are not."

"You can say that again." said Sam

"There are beings in this......."

"Teal'c it's a figure of speech. You're real." said Jack.

"I am." said Teal'c.

"Great, you're the first good piece of news I've had all day." said Sam

"You're still a lady bird, Teal'c?"

"I am." said Teal'c. "We must find Daniel Jackson." Teal'c began to walk in the direction that Sam and Jack were running from.

"Woah Teal'c, not that way." said Jack, pulling him by his wing.

"We've been there." said Sam.

"I see." said Teal'c

"We're pleased you don't get to." said Jack, holding Sam's arm and Teal'c's wing and pulled them.

Teal'c, Sam and Jack walked into the conservatory of the 'house'. "This place reminds me of my gran's house." said Jack. Sam eyed him. And he shrugged at her.

They looked around. "Colonel O'Neill? Does your grandmothers house have blood in the waterfall." asked Teal'c. Sam and Jack turned around to see blood in the water. "Oh god!" exclaimed Sam.

"I don't wanna know anything about who's blood that is." said Jack. He noticed a staircase, and pulled Sam's arm and Teal'c's wing and dragged them upstairs. "I'll be dammed if I'm losing you two." he mumbled to himself.

To Be Continued....

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy