Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

DeTour

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
DeTour

DeTour

by Miss Wendy

TITLE: DeTour
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: AU, Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover (Star Trek: Voyager), Drama, Future story, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Minor Spoilers for Past and Present, One False Step, 1969, Brief Candle,Small Victories, The Fifth Race, Urgo, The Tok'Ra, and Enigma. Nothing too spoily though.
SEASON / SEQUEL: future
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover, male/female relationship, Very little sexual situations. Nothing too bad.
SUMMARY: In the year 2004, SG-1 find themselves in the future by and unsual portal how do they adjust to the life that they have got no choice to live.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Don't own a thing. I wish I did. I borrow them but I always have to give them back No money was made none what so ever.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hello. It's me again. Hello to Sara, who I have not seen for absolutely ages. Hello to Lynsey, who I have never seen, but she's like a friend, Tell me the MIWC haven't got you.
Hello Miss Rhian. How are you? I hope your normal.
Enjoy my story and I need feeback. You know the drill. read the story, write the words. It's all simple.

Leiutenant Commander Tuvok walked onto the bridge and watched the wagering happening between Commander Chakotay and Leuitenant Paris. "May I ask the topic of this discussion?" he asked in his normal emotionless tone. "No you may not." said Paris. Tuvok nodded his head and turned toward Captain Janeways ready room only to be shocked by what looked like a portal in front of the door. "What is that?" asked Chakotay.

"I do not know." said Tuvok.

"Captain Janeway to the bridge." said Chakotay, after tapping his comm badge.

Colonel Jack O'Neill walks down the corridoor of the SGC, knowing exactly who he was looking for and knowing exactly where to find her. As usual his wife of 2 years would be in her lab. Working, as usual. Even after being married she never changed, always working on something in her office.

Jack can remember the time the General found out about their affair. He had called them both in reprimanding them and then congratulating them, saying that SG-1 would not be split up.

Jack walked into her lab and saw her sitting at her computer, obviously recording some scientific information. She obviously hadn't seen him, so he decided to sneak up behind her. With a cheeky grin on his face he sneaked up behind her. All those years in black ops paying off. He then covered her eyes. "hey." she said. He then kissed her neck, softly "Jack!" she said, pulling his hands off her eyes

"Yes Sam" he answered, as if ready to do as she commanded.

"Why you sneak up on me?" He pulled her off the chair, and wrapped his arms around her waits

"I don't *sneak*, you know me."

"Jack, that's what I'm talking about."

"Okay okay, I sneaked. I couldn't help it. I hope you do remember we're having dinner with Danny and Teal'c."

"I haven't forgotton." he smiled at her and kissed her, just as Daniel and Teal'c walked in.

"Oh please, guys we're not having this all night." Jack let go of her lips and turned to the younger man

"Daniel what exactly is wrong with this."

"O'Neill is correct Daniel Jackson, they are merely showing their affection for each other."said Teal'c

"Teal'c do you always take his side, or is it just me." asked Daniel

"I take no-one's side. " Teal'c paused "Except for O'Neill's."

"Which O'Neill?"said Daniel, not really asking a question.

"Colonel O'Neill." replied Teal'c.

"Thank's Teal'c." said Jack, moving slightly away from Sam, but not letting go. "Now what do you say we go set up that dinner as we wait for Cassie and Janet. Yeah?"

"Sounds great." they began to walk out when Sam stopped and ran back to her desk. She grabbed her laptop and when back to Jack. "Oh no honey, you are not working on that."

"Now Jack, I don't intend to work on it. It's just Cassie wants me to show her something."

"What if somebody looks at you know, classified stuff." asked Daniel

"Daniel, it's a computer and most people who look at computers think they're computer games." said Jack "I know I do."

"Beside's Daniel who's going to see anyway." said Sam.

As they walked through the door they disppeared through a portal...................

....................and found themselves in a strange room, with advanced weapons aimed at them. "Oh dear. This doesn't look good." said Jack.

"Who are you? And what the hell are you doing on my ship?" asked a dark blonde haired woman, wearing a red and black uniform.

"Oh. Ship? This is a ship?" said Jack. The woman glared at him, waiting for an answer. Jack turned to look behind him and saw the remains of the portal disappear. "Woah." said Jack, stepping away from where the portal used to be. "What is that?"

"I'm asking the questions." said the woman, Jack turned back and answered her orignal question.

"I'm Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG-1." he then began pointing to his team. "This is Teal'c. This Major Samantha O'Neill and Doctor Daniel Jackson. Also SG-1." he said.

"Where are we?" asked Daniel

"You are on the USS Voyager."

"That's the name of thisship." said Daniel

"Yes." she replied.

"What's your name?" asked Sam

"My name is Captain Kathryn Janeway." she then pointed to the man with the tatoo. "This my first officer Commander Chakotay."

"How did we get here?" asked Jack

"I think you may have just stepped through a portal. I assumed you were making the portal."

"Portal?!?" asked Daniel amazed

"I have never encountered such a thing." said Teal'c

"Computer end red alert." said Janeway

"Red alert? Is that like intruder alert?" asked Jack

"Well it would depend on the situation."

"Excuse me, but are we in space?" asked Daniel

"Yes this is a starship."

"And here's me thinking you were human." said Jack, looking around. "I could be mistaken."

"I am human."

"Oh. Daniel is she one who was taken form earth by the gould?"

"Well...." started Daniel, but was interrupted by Chakotay.

"Did you say Earth?"

"Yeah, that's where we come from." said Jack

"No that's where we come from. " said Janeway "If you came from Earth you would know about this being a starship."

"Earth doesn't have starships. Our space program is relatively new." said Sam

"Excuse me, but what year is this?" asked Daniel

"Year. It's 2376." Jack looked at Daniel and then at Teal'c and then at his wife.

"Okay. That's not right."

"Why what year do you think it is?" asked Chakotay

"It's 2004. Of course."

"Oh dear." said Janeway.

"We're no longer in the 21st century are we?" asked Sam, who was still holding her laptop, which Janeway had only just noticed. "No you're not.You're in the 24th century."

"That portal must be a means to travel through time."

"Sam, please don't confuse me more than what I already am." said Jack. Sam smiled at her husbands confused face.

"If you don't mind I like you to be examined by our doctor." said Janeway

"What do you mean examined?" asked Jack

"Just some tests to see if you have no virus' on you. And to see if you have a temporal displacement."

"Sweet." said Jack "Tests?" He then followed Janeway into the turbolift. Still holding Sam's hand, so he ended up dragging her along with him. Teal'c and Daniel followed.

The Doctor walked upto Colonel O'Neill and used his tricorder to scan him. "How do you feel, Colonel?" he asked

"Oh Just peachy." he mumbled.

"Excuse me?" said the Doctor confused.

"He means he feels great." said Daniel

"I see." replied the doctor. Teal'c chose this moment to seat himself on what the doctor had called a biobed.

Sam O'Neill decided to get off her biobed. But as she got off she fell to the floor. Jack went straight to her as did the doctor. "It must be a side effect of travelling thought that portal." the doctor used the tricorder on her, as Jack pulled her back onto the bed. "Then again, maybe not." said the doctor.

"What? Why? What's wrong?" said Jack.

"Nothing, Major you're pregnant." Sam looked at her stomach and then at Jack.

"Pregnant!?!" asked Jack, confused.

"Yes, and by the looks of things about 5 weeks along."

"5 WEEKS!?!?" said Sam, totally shocked.

"Does this mean that....?" asked Jack

"It means that we're having a baby." said Sam

"Excuse me, who's we?" asked the doctor

"Why else do you think we share a last name?" replied Jack, slightly annoyed by this doctor.

"You and me," he said, talking to Sam and gesturing with his fingers.Sam nodded smiling. Jack then pulled her into an embrace and kissed her pasionately. Daniel and Teal'c looked away, while the doctor didn't know what to do.

At that moment Captain Janeway walked in and said "How are our guests doctor?"

"Well Major O'Neill seems to be pregnant. I can't understand why their appears to be an alien protein in her blood. Other than that she is fine." replied the doctor

"What about us?" asked Daniel, Sam and Jack break their kiss at this point.

"You're fine....Teal'c seems to have an alien in his stomach. It's quite incredible he has a pouch....."

"Doctor...perhaps now is not the time. I just need to know if my crew are in any danger."

"My symbiote will not harm you. You have my word." said Teal'c

"What about this alien protein?"

"I don't think we are in any danger captain." said the doctor

"Great! Then if you could follow me. I would like you to come to a staff meeting."

"A briefing?" asked Jack

"Yes!" replied Janeway, As SG-1 began to leave the sickbay, the doctor stopped Sam from leaving.

"I just thought I should tell you to expect some violent mood swings."

"Violent? Don't you think that's too much of a strong word." said Sam.

"Yeah doc." said Jack, taking his wife's hand. "Thanks for the tip, though." he then walked out with Sam.

SG-1 sat at the table across from Captain Janeway's main crew. "And the portal?" asked Janeway

"It doesn't seem to be there any more. We've noticed some energy being emmited near your ready room door. Other than that, it's gone." replied Harry Kim

"How did this portal come into exsistance on my ship?" asked Janeway

"I'm unsure." said Harry.

"Well we'll do a complete scan of that area. Is there a way to get the portal back, To send SG-1 home."

"Highly improbable." said Seven Of Nine, she looked at SG-1's faces. "But not impossible, The borg have managed time travel. We could see if there is a way to use borg technology to get them back to their original time."

"Excuse me? But we could just back up for a minute." said Daniel "Who are theborg?"

"The Borg are a technolgically advanced race who assimliate others to achieve perfection." said Seven.

"Is this a good thing?" said Jack sarcastically.

"No!" replied Harry

"Harry, I think that was a joke." said Tom Paris

"A joke?!?"

"You people do know what jokes are, don't you." asked Jack and then looked at Paris "He does."

"I am aware of your human need to laugh." said Seven.

"You don't laugh? You're not human?" asked Jack

"Yes I am." replied Seven

"Okay. Trick question?!?" asked Jack, looking around.

"Maybe?" said Daniel

"I was borg." said Seven, indirectly answering a question that was burning in Daniel's mind.

"Could we please go back to the topic?" asked Janeway "Now Major O'Neill, I hear from your husband here that you are a theoretical astrophysist."

"Um I am." said Sam, looking at Jack, giving him the eye.

"Well in that case, we may as well put you to use."

"Er Captain, aren't I a little back dated?" asked Sam

"What difference does it make which time you came from. Space is still space." said Jack, only to be intterupted by Janeway. "As far as I'm concerned you are an expert in the field. "

"Oh thank you." said Sam.

"Is there anything else?" asked Janeway. Everybody looked at each other, expecting someone to say something.

"Well in that case, may I congratulate the two of you." she said, looking at Jack and Sam.

"Why?" asked Chakotay

"On your child. I know I don't know you very well but still....."

"Thank you.....again." said Sam.

"Dismissed." said Janeway, and her crew began to leave the room. Jack then stood up and nodded to Daniel and Teal'c that they could go and do what they wanted. Janeway started to walk out but stopped at Sam's side who had not moved. Jack was watching her. "Major O'Neill are you okay?" asked Janeway, still she just sat there staring into space, or so to speak. "Sam, baby are you okay?" asked Jack, this time Sam turned her head to look at Jack, she then turned to Janeway. "Yeah I just feel a little dizzy." she said. Jack held her arm, Sam smiled at him.

"Oh well if you like to lie down for a little while and then you go to the astrometrics lab. I'm sure Seven is waiting for you."

"I think I'll do that.....you have an astrometrics lab???"

"Yes." said Janeway, smiling.. Obviously Janeway had seen what sparked her imagination. "But before you go I think you should rest."

"Rest where?" asked Jack, still holding Sam's arm.

"I'll show you to some quarters if you like?"

"That'll do." said Jack

"I'm assuming you'd want to be together, and Teal'c and Doctor Jackson would wish to be seperate." Said Janeway helping Jack lead Sam out of the room. "Sounds about right." said Jack, again sarcastically.

"I see you have a wierd sense of humour, Colonel?"

"Yeah well, you know me. Sorry! No you don't." he replied.

"Please shut up. I do have a headache." said Sam, as they walked into the turbolift.

"Sorry angel." said Jack, then mouthing the word shush to Janeway. Janeway nodded in agreement.

Samantha O'Neill finally got rid of her dizziness and headache's and found her way to the astrometrics lab. As she walked in she saw Seven Of Nine working at a console. "Hello Samantha O'Neill you are late!"

"Um yeah, sorry. I know I 'called' to say I was coming an hour ago, but have you any idea how big this ship is?"

"I do, you do not need to appologise."

"Oh good."

"Do you wish me to show you what I have so far?"

"Um yes please."

"Very well, all I can tell you is that I have determined that we cannot re-open the portal. It is no longer there."

"What about that energy that your 'technology' picked up."

"It is no longer there."

"Damn, I was hoping for good news."

"As was I."

"You were?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Your husband appears to have an annoying sense of humour, which I cannot tolerate." Sam chuckled mostly to herself "Oh well. He has that effect on people."

"But not you?"

"No! I love him. Including his annoying sense of humour."

" I assume that is why you married him."

"Yes it is." Sam looked at her "Do the Borg talk like this all the time, or are you an expert at small talk."

"Blame Captain Janeway, she encouraged my individuality."

"I'll remember that." Sam then decided to look at the data Seven of Nine was collecting.

They had been working for hours, until Jack came in "Hey!" he said, slightly annoyed.

"What?" asked Sam, as she saw him strolling in.

"You've been here for hours." replied Jack, Sam looked at Seven.

"I have?"

"Yes, precisely 8 hours, Major O'Neill."

"Oh I didn't realise."

"Have you eaten while you've been here?" asked Jack

"No. I don't think so."

"You haven't consumed any nutritional substances." said Seven, helping her with the answer

"Oh I see." said Sam slowly

"What do you mean, nutrition...." asked Jack, confused

"She means food Jack." replied Sam

"Oh I see." said Jack, imitating Sam. "Well if you haven't eaten you're coming with me."

"Okay." said Sam. They started walking out of the astrometrics lab, when Jack and Seven had to catch Sam, who felt dizzy again. "Oh!" moaned Sam.

"Let's get you to our....quarters." said Jack. As they stepped into the coridoor, Jack said "I so do hope we don't see Janeway on our way."

"Why?"

"She has a corncrake voice that just seems to irritate me." Sam laughed as she struggled with her dizziness.

They walked into their quarters and sat Sam down. "Thank you....What's your name?"

"Seven Of Nine."

"That's a name?"

"It is my designation."

"Oh right, well thank you."

"If you do intend to give her nutritional subliments then you will need to use the replicator."

"Replicator???? You have bugs here?"

"I do not understand." Jack began to look around

"I don't see any bugs."

"There are no bugs."

"You said we need to use the replicator."

"Yes, we do have replicators."

"Then you have bugs, Bugs????"

"No we have food replicators."

"Jack i don't think she's talking about the same thing." said Sam, feeling a little better.

"She's not."

"No."

"Oh I'm sorry."

"Appology accepted. The food replicator is here." she said pointing to the replicator.

"Thanks." said Jack, a little embarrased that he had thought the wrong thing.

"Do you wish me to show you how to use it?" asked Seven

"I know how to use it." said Sam

"You do?" said Jack and Seven

"Yes, I was studying it earlier, it's not difficult to comprehend."

"Very well." at that Seven left the room.

"Well I'm glad you know how to use it." said Jack, sitting beside Sam

"I do know."

"D'ya wanna show me?"

"Sure!" They stood up and Sam began to show him the 'replicator'

The next day.

Daniel Jackson walked into the turbolift and stood next to Commander Chakotay. "Hello" said Daniel

"Hi." said Chakotay

"That tatoo, it's a religion?"

"You could call it that."

"What is it really?"

"I wear it in honour of my father."

"You seem to be native american. Although I wouldn't have thought that they would still exsist."

"There are a few tribes."

"I didn't know there were any."

"Well, now you do." said Chakotay.

"Where are we headed?"

"The Bridge."

"Bridge?"

"Yes the place you showed up yesterday."

"Oh that bridge."

"I thought you would be headed there."

"Why?"

"Because Seven Of Nine and Major O'Neill may have some information regarding your portal and how to get you home."

"Well then it looks like I'm going to the bridge, then." Chakotay grinned. As they stepped off the turbolift, Seven Of Nine walked upto Commander Chakotay. "Commander, may i speak to you alone."

"Of course." Daniel waked off the turbo lift and Seven walked in.

"Commander, I am confused as how to take the next course of action." said Seven once the doors were closed.

"What? Why?"

"I have been unable to find a way to get them home, There is no way. Short of asking the borg."

"I think we'll forget that option."

"I agree."

"So what's the problem?"

"I do not know how to tell SG-1."

"Wasn't Major O'Neill working with you?"

"She was, but Colonel O'Neill said she must rest. I agreed so I was on my own for some time."

"Of course she's pregnant."

"I am unsure how I should tell them Commander. I was hoping you could help me."

"Seven, the only way to tell them is to tell them."

"I do not understand."

"You will." At that, Chakotay walked out of the turbolift.

"Seven, do you have any thing to report to us?" asked Captain Janeway

"After Major O'Neill left to return to our quarters I continued working on a way to get SG-1 home." Seven looked at them, worry evident on her face. "Can we go home, or not?" asked Jack, Chakotay gave her a look of encouragement.

"I'm afraid there is no way to get you home." said Seven, if we all didn't know her better you would have thought she could cry.

"No, you have to try again." said Sam, suddenly.

"Sam? They can't."

"I am sorry, Major." said Seven, slightly recovered.

"What is going to happen to us?" asked Daniel

"Well you'll have to remain on Voyager." said Janeway

"No! I'm not having my baby here." said Sam, standing up, tears swelling her eyes. Threatening to fall any moment. "Sam?" said Jack, standing up holding her sides. Trying desperately to calm her down before she got angry. "You have to try again."

"There is nothing I can do, I am very sorry." said Seven

"I don't care if your sorry. I don't want my child to grow up on this ship."

"Sam, baby. It's okay."

"No it's not." The tears then fell, as she saw the truth in Jack's eyes, as he turned her to face him. He pulled her into an embrace as she began to cry. Teal'c, also looked upset, if that were at all possible.

Janeway signalled to her crew to leave the room. They did so quietly, as Jack began to soothe Sam. Rubbing her back and saying words such "Ssshh." and "It'll be okay." repeatedly. Daniel and Teal'c stayed, as did Captain Janeway and Commander Chakotay. When Sam calmed down a little, Jack sat down, sitting her on his knee. Tears still falling, but more silent than before.

"I'm sorry this has upset you. And I can understand why." said Janeway. "You're child we'll be alright on this ship."

"Naomi Wildman seems to cope, anyway." said Chakotay

"Naomi Wildman????" asked Teal'c

"Yes, a child who was born on Voyager." replied Janeway.

"Could we be alone for a while?" asked Jack

"Of course." said Janeway. Walking out, along with Daniel, Chakotay and Teal'c.

As they walked out, onto the bridge. Daniel said to Janeway "I have never seen her loose it, like that."

"Neither have I." said Teal'c

"Well I know I would do the same." said Janeway. Looking back at the door they had just walked out of.

Jack still had Sam on his knee, rocking her slowly. "Do you want to talk to me, angel?" asked Jack, Sam lifted her head from his shoulder and looked into his eyes. "I guess I over reacted a little."

"It must be those mood swings the doc, mentioned."

"Yeah, but it's true. I guess I wanted our baby to grow up on Earth."

"I can understand, but I'm sure they have an Earth in this century."

"There lost in the delta quadrant, Jack. And even if they weren't, I meant our Earth."

"I can understand that too. But will make it work here. We're still together. Danny and Teal'c are here."

"Yes but it won't be the same."

"Why?"

"Well...." Jack looked at her patiently, waiting for her answer "It's silly."

"Hey- you're talking to me." Sam smiled.

"I guess I wanted the life that I dreamt of as a child." Jack looked at her confused. "If I tell you, you had better not tell anyone else."

"I promise. Cross my heart." said Jack, slightly grinning.

"I wanted the family that you see on TV. You know where there's car, and a house and a dog or a cat. And the go and have picnics. And things like that." Jack looked at her and smiled

"That's not silly."

"It is."

"I should know. There's nothing wrong with those things. I tell you what, maybe we could still have you're little picnic."

"Why? How?"

"Ah you see, while you working yesterday, I decided to have a little look around and saw....well Tom Paris called it a holodeck."

"A holodeck."

"Yeah, images made of...well I think he said....energy and light."

"Wow."

"I thought you might say that. Anyway. It's like a TV, except you become a part of it."

"Sounds fun."

"Apparently it is."

"I thought you said you'd been there, how can it be apparently then?"

"Well I thought I would wait for you. You see you can create anything you want. Maybe we could create a park."

"That sounds great." she bowed her head

"Well don't jump up and down at once."

"It's just it's not real."

"Neither are dreams, but we love 'em anyway."

"You love dreams?"

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with 'em. Especially if you're in them." Sam smiled. "When our baby comes into this futuristic world, we'll go to that park." Sam smiled again. "Does that sound okay."

"Yes."

"Good, now I'm getting cramp because you're sitting on me, what do you say you get of me knee, and we get out of this room."

"Okay." she got of his knee, smiling. Jack stood up slowly, she began laughing as he struggled with his dead legs. "Don't laugh." this made her laugh more.

"I'm sorry." said Sam, still hysterically laughing. Jack stopped her by kissing her. Her laughing stopped. And the kiss grew, until Tuvok walked in. "I am indeed sorry." said Tuvok. "I only came to inform you that Mr Neelix is arranging a party to make you feel welcome."

"Thank you." said Jack, as Sam burried her head in his shoulder.

In the mess hall. Neelix walked around offering different people food. He walked upto Teal'c and said "Here, try some of this." said Neelix, offering Teal'c what looked like a cake

"What is it?" asked Teal'c, in his monotone voice, that we know him for.

"It's a talaxian delecacy. It's one of my personal favourites."

"Thank you." said Teal'c, taking Neelix's offering just as a small girl came upto them.

"Hello." she said. "Are you Teal'c?"

"That is my name, what is yours?"

"Naomi Wildman, Captain's assistant. At your service." Teal'c took her offered hand and shook it.

"What species are you, Naomi Wildman?"

"I'm half human, My father is ketarean."

"I see." said Teal'c.

"What species are you?" asked Naomi

"I am Jaffa."

"I have never heard of them." she said.

"I see."

"You don't smile or say much do you? Apart from I see, and ask questions."

"I only speak when nessecary."

"I see." she said, imitating him.

Daniel Jackson stood in clothes that were not his own. He was no longer wearing his fatigues. He was waiting for Sam and Jack, he wanted to know if she was okay. Finally, he saw them walking in tthrough the door, Sam was holding his arm and by the looks of things he was telling another lame joke that she always found funny. Sam and Jack walked upto him. "Hey Danny, you okay?" asked Jack

"Yeah. You two are still wearing military fatigues."

"Yeah, you're not." said Jack

"No."

"Well I looked for something else to wear but unless of course they have hidden wardrobes, I couldn't find any." replied Jack, with slight annoyance in his voice.

"Oh you have to use the replicator....Jack I'm not talking about the bugs...."

"Daniel we've already been through this." said Sam.

"Oh well, ask somebody else how to use it. I keep forgetting." said Daniel

"I know how to use it." said Sam "I just didn't know it did clothes as well as food." Captain Janeway then walked upto them "I'm pleased that you all could come."

"All???? Where's Teal'c?" asked Jack

"He's with Naomi Wildman." said Janeway. Jack turned to the person in question and saw Teal'c having what looked like a friendly conversation.

"Well that's new. Do you think he's smiling." said Jack, Janeway looked confused. "Oh Teal'c is new to Earth, as he is Jaffa, so he kinda struggles with stuff like that."

A few hours later, everyone was sitting down having a conversation about the past. Not the past that SG-1 came from, but the past from their lives."Do you remember the time that Captain Janeway got to play Queen Arachnia. Now that was a classic." said Tom Paris laughing.

"I now know why I'll never go back, Mr Paris." said Janeway, also laughing.

"It was fun, though, right." said Tom

"Only you were enjoying it, so far as I could remember." said Harry Kim

"Excuse me, what do you mean Queen Arachnia?" asked Jack

"A holodeck character." replied Harry

"That Captain Janeway had to play in order to get Voyager out of trouble." said Tom

"Are they talking about that holodeck that you were talking about earlier?" asked Sam

"Yeah I think so." said Jack

"This holodeck. It makes you become a part of the program doesn't it." asked Daniel

"Yes, but it does places as well, that you can visit." replied Janeway. Daniel then saw Jack wink at Sam. Knowing full well that he may have mentioned something to her before. He noticed her smile and rest her head on his shoulder.

"Are there any times that you wish to tell us?" asked Seven

"What?" said Jack and Daniel at the Same time. Jack sat back knowing that Sam was going to sleep.

"Oh come on, we've told you stuff, it's your turn." said Tom

"Oooookay." said Daniel holding on the O.

"Well there's the time that Daniel fell in love with the destroyer of worlds." said Jack

"Shut up, Jack." said Daniel.

"Or the time that he wanted to film a plant."

"Or the time that Jack was aged rapidly." Janeway and her crew were laughing at Jack and Daniel's arguing. "Thanks for the reminder." said Jack. Seven Of Nine found herself watching as they continued talking. Seven felt guilty that she had been the one to tell them that they couldn't go home. Sam had reacted badly, although Seven knew she had reacted that way because she is pregnant. But they all looked disappointed and upset. She watched the way Sam was sleeping on Jack's shoulder and noticed the way she now looked peaceful as he stroked her hair. Seven had never seen this before, even with Tom and B'Elanna Torres. She suddenly found herself listening to their conversation again

"No my favourite time was the lovely days we spent with Thor." said Jack

"Thor?" asked Tuvok

"Yeah, an alien. He's from a lovely race known as the Asguard." said Jack.

"Well we met an alien race that could wipe that smirk of your face, buddy." said Tom

"Oh!" said Daniel

"Yep. Species 8472. Big aliens who had the intent to destroy this entire quadrant."

"Really, what changed their minds." said Jack, sarcastically.

"We won." said Seven

"You won."

"Yes. "

"The big aliens couldn't win. Unbelievable." said Jack.

"Sometimes I believe it is wonder that we have survived." said Seven.

"Oh yeah, gotta wonder." said Jack.

"You know she's asleep." said Neelix, referring to Sam

"I know. I'm not carrying her." said Jack "But I think we oughta get her to bed, though." He lifed her face so he could see her. "Sam?" he said "Wakey wakey." he said, gently rocking her, so he didn't hurt her. "Sa..." Jack shook her head and she opened her eyes "Hey, come on. You can't sleep here." said Jack, pulling her to her feet. "Goodnight everybody." said Jack. Keeping hold of the sleepy Sam as he led her out of the mess hall and into the corridoor. He finally got to their quarters and managed to get her to the bed until she fell back to sleep. "Oh boy." said Jack "It's like that is it?" he asked, of course she couldn't answer because she was asleep. He took off her shoes and her jacket and trousers. Left her T-Shirt on and pulled back the sheets, he then lifted her up and put her into bed.

In the morning Sam was sitting down staring into space as Jack came from what he called the little basin room. "Hey, angel, are you okay." he looked to where she was looking and saw her laptop, resting on the sideboard. He realised it was her only connection to the life that she had always wanted and thought that she was going to get. "Hey." he said sitting down. "Are you not talking to me today?" he said. putting his hand on her arm. She suddenly stood up and grabbed the laptop and ran out the door. "I'll take that as a no." said Jack.

Sam ran into the astrometrics lab to find no-one there. She walked upto the main console and had a look. She flipped the lid on her laptop and switched it on. She pressed a button and entered a code and the map of stargates came onto the screen. She then looked at the console and concentrated on putting this information into the Voyager database.

Jack O'Neill ran upto Daniel and Teal'c "Danny, have you seen Sam?"

"No I haven't."

"I can't find her. I've looked everywhere." Teal'c looked at him and said

"O'Neill you could not have looked everywhere otherwise you would have found her."

"You have a point there my friend. But it's a big ship, so big I can't even remember where my quarters are now."

"Why don't you ask the computer?" said Daniel

"Have you hit your head today, computers don't talk. What you want me to say, Hello Computer where is Sam O'Neill?" suddenly there was a slight tingle sound and the words

"Major Samantha O'Neill is in the astrometrics lab."

"Cool. The ship talks." said Jack.

"Jack, she's just told you where she is."

"Well I recognise the word astro." said Jack.

"I know where the astrometrics lab is." said Teal'c

"Great, big fellow show me." said Jack.

"Computer." said Sam "Compensate for planetary shift over 3 centuries."

"Planetary shift has been compensated for." said the computer.

"Put it on that screen." said Sam, unsure of what to call it. She turned around as she heard the door open. "Angel! I have been looking for you for hours." said Jack

"I've been here." said Sam.

"What are you doing?" asked Daniel

"Major O'Neill you have entered the stargate information into Voyager's computer." said Teal'c, looking at her work.

"Why did you do that?" asked Jack

"Because my laptop will run out of power soon and then the information will be lost." said Sam

"Look, said Daniel, which stargate is that?" he said pointing to one that is near there position.

"One we haven't been to before." said Sam

"What you entered all the stargates." said Jack "Even ones we haven't been to before."

"Yes, the ones that we got from the Abydos Cartouche and the ones that you entered when you had the information from the acients downloaded into your brain." explained Sam.

"Ouch." said Jack "It hurt."

"As you have said on many occasions O'Neill." said Teal'c as the door opened and Seven and Janeway walked in. "What's this?" asked Janeway

"Well you know how we told you we travel through stargates." said Daniel

"Yes." said Janeway

"Well this our map." continued Daniel

"How did it get into the computer?" asked Seven

"Well Sam did it." said Jack, in a proud way.

"I'm impressed. You are obviously a quick study." said Janeway. Sam looked at Jack and he smiled at her. Seven Of Nine began to look at the information. "Captain there is a stargate here that is about a year away."

"Oh." said Sam. "Oh that one. We never got to visit that world."

"You said you visited different worlds, setting off from a stargate on earth." said Janeway

"That is correct." said Teal'c

"Well could this stargate take us back home." said Janeway

"Yes, but we need to figure out Earth's cordinates first."

"We assume you still have a stargate." said Jack "You never heard of one."

"Yes but according to this it's a year away in the correct direction. Our current course takes us within five light years." said Seven

"So in a year, you get go back to earth, should Earth still have a stargate, that is." said Jack

"Yes and you would be coming with us." said Janeway. Janeway watched them all exchange looks.

"Well kids," said Jack "Looks like we're going to sort of go home. Huh?" he then took Sam's hand

"You are having something to eat whether you like it or not." and pulled her out of the astrometrics lab.

One month later.

Sam sat in the mess hall with Jack. He was stroking her stomach, as she was showing slightly.

"Jack?"

"Mmmm." he said

"You remember when we got sent back in time to 1969."

"Yeah."

"What if when we get back to earth we could predict a solar flare and get back to our time."

"I don't know about the 'we' part. But I'm sure you could have a go." said Jack, and he began thinking about what she had said and what she had said when they were in 1969. "Didn't you say that predicting solar flares were difficult."

"Yes, but I've been looking at the technology here and maybe it's possible that they can predcit solar flares."

"I think it's a lovely idea."

"Lovely?"

"Great idea."

"That's better." she twisted a little and kissed him. "Do you think our baby will like being here?"

"I know our baby is going to love being here. Besides I don't think she would know the difference."

"She? It could be a boy."

"It could be a girl."

"Yes but you said she. That tells me that you think our baby is a she."

"Father's know these things."

"You haven't asked have you? Jack, you promised that we could wait to find out about the gender...."

"Hey hey hey...shush. I haven't asked. I'm just using my intelligence to know."

"Your intelligence?"

"Yes, I do have some."

"You normally say you don't. You are going to need to make up your mind."

"I'll get a round to it." Sam laughed. Neelix walked upto them and said

"Is everything okay. Do you wish to have anything to eat or drink?"

"I'm fine." said Jack

"Me too." said Sam.

"You should eat."

"Yes but everytime I try and eat someting the smell makes me feel sick." Jack shook his head

"Well promise you'll eat something later." Neelix winked at Jack and he winked back.

"Yeah, the baby needs food too." said Neelix, they all nodded in agreement and Neelix walked off, giving them the privacy that they deserve.

Later in that day Sam was with Captain Janeway as they were discussing her idea from earlier. They walking through a corridoor talking. "Well, we do have ways to predict solar flares, but I suggest you wait until you get to Earth." said Janeway

"Why?"

"Because Voyager has been in the delta quadrant for nearly 7 years. The technology on Earth will be more up to date and you may just get a better result. Seeing as the sun, is there and not here."

"True."

"You wouldn't get to see if you were on the right track. But it's a great idea and I'm sure starfleet will be willing to help." Janeway smiled at her and then continued walking without her.

Teal'c walked down the corridoor only to find that he bumped into the small Naomi Wildman "Naomi Wildman, I am indeed sorry."

"Oh it's okay." she said, waving her hand as if pushing the subject away. Teal'c carried on walking and Naomi joined him. "Teal'c" Teal'c lowered his head to see the child "When Samantha's baby is born will I be able to see it and play with it?"

"You would have to ask Major O'Neill or Colonel O'Neill. I am sure that they would not mind however should you wish to participate in childish activities with their off-Spring."

"Great." said Naomi, running off, shouting "See ya later, Teal'c."

Naomi ran into sickbay to find the doctor talking to Sam about her pregnancy and what she should expect next. She waited for them to finish before she walked upto them. "Samantha, can I talk to you?"

"Yes, of course you can Naomi." said Sam, walking away from the doctor, who had finished what he was saying.

"I was wondering when your baby is born, if I could play with it. I know it will be little but I would be careful. It's just Icheb can be a right pain, when it comes to playing. He thinks it's childish."

"Well I don't mind, but don't get too excited because like you said the baby will be small and isn't born yet."

"Thank you, Samantha."

"Why do you call meSamantha."

"Because I can't call my mum Samantha, but I can with you. You don't mind do you."

"As long as you only call me Samantha when Jack is not around, otherwise he'll call me Samantha. And he has wierd and silly ways of saying my name."

"Okay." Naomi Wildman left the sickbay and Sam went into the doctors office.

"Thank you doctor."

"Oh." he said shocked "Your welcome."

"Don't sound so suprised."

"It's just Kes used to be the only one to treat me like I was a person. She has been gone for nearly four years."

"Just because you were created by technology doesn't mean your not alive. We learnt that with Urgo."

"Who is Urgo?"

"Oh he was this technology that could only exsist in out heads. He was created to experience the universe and inhanced our enjoyment of things."

"Such as?"

"Taste, making task more fun. Smell. Anyway we learnt that he was afraid of death and we managed to get his creator to put him into his head."

"Sounds like some fun you had through that stargate."

"Yeah it was great fun. I miss that."

"You do?"

"Yeah. All of it."

"Which do you miss the most?"

"Other than TV?" The doctor smiled "Well I miss the actual never-the-same-twice experience of travelling through the stargate. I miss my father too. Even though he lived on the other side of the galaxy."

"Why did he live there?"

"Oh he was Tok'ra. He had a symbiote given to him to save his life and he stayed with them and helped them with their fight against the system lords and the Goa'uld."

"The enemy that you mentioned before, just a few weeks ago."

"Yeah." Just then Jack walked in.

"Hey, having a decent conversation?" he asked casually. As he walked upto Sam and put his hands on her waist.

"As a matter of fact, Colonel, your wife was telling me about the stargate and all the adventures you've had."

"Wicked! You like it then?"

"You've got me looking forward to it."

"Good, I think it was her intention." Sam smiled.

"Thank you again doctor." said Sam

"Your welcome, Sam." he sat back down and watched them leave

"I didn't know the two of you were on a first name basis." said Jack.

"We're not. He calls me Sam, and I call him doctor."

"Why?"

"He doesn't have a name."

"Oh I see."

Sam O'Neill walked along the corridoor, headed for her quarters. She had been working for a little while, but the tiredness took her over. She stepped up to the door but it wouldn't open. It was locked which was strange. She pressed the button, which was meant to open the door but it still wouldn't open.

A few seconds later, one Jack O'Neill open the door. He stepped into the corridoor and shut the door behind him. "Jack?" said Sam, a little worried

"Hey, babe." he replied

"What are you doing? Why is the door locked?" Jack looked her, thinking.

"I can't tell you." said Jack

"Why not?" asked Sam, more worried now "You normally tell me everything. Well at least I thought you did."

"No, Sam. It's a suprise."

"A suprise?"

"You know me and suprise's."

"Jack?"

"Okay, close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Oh for crying out loud, please?" Sam looked at his face and then closed her eyes. Jack waved his and in front of her eyes to see if she could see anything. When he was satisfied he opened the door. Held both her hands and led her in. She became aware of a chair when he placed her on one. She heard him move about. Instinctively she knew that she was sitting at a table. "Jack, can I open my eyes now?" asked Sam.

"Just a minute." said Jack. A few seconds later he said "Now you can!" Sam slowly opened her eyes. She first noticed Jack sitting across the table. She then noticed the table had been laid with candles and plates (No Food), with a table cloth, the complete works. Sam gasped in shock "My god!" she exclaimed. "It's our wedding anniversary." said Jack

"It is. Jack it's not the 18th November." said Sam

"Not in this century." Jack looked at her confused face. "I worked it out, to the exact day we have been married 3 years today."

"Oh I get what you mean. How did you do that?" Sam just wanted to hear his accomplishment

"Well I worked out how many days, from the date we left our little century, were left until our anniversary. It took me 5 days to figure that out."

"Oh Jack, you've definently suprised me. But where's the food."

"Ah Neelix is bringing that."

"Neelix?"

"Yeah I wanted it to be real and not some replicated junk."

"Jack I think it's perfect."

"Yeah well, I wanted to take you back to that restaurant where I proposed to you. But it's far away." Sam laughed, "I remember that." said Sam.

"I only remember being nervous all day and the fact that you said yes." Sam smiled at him. The door beeped and Jack said "Come in." Neelix walked through the door, carrying a tray. Now Sam had a huge smile on her face. Neelix placed the food on the table and left.

A few hours later, Sam was curled up on the sofa with her husband (of three years). "Thank you Jack." she whispered. "You can suprise me more often if you like."

"Really?" said Jack

"Yep."

"Great." he said, he then lifted her head, by her chin, with his hand and softly captured her lips in a very sweet embrace. "Suprise." he said. He then kissed her more strongly and lowered her on the sofa not taking his lips off hers.

They spent the whole night together, celebrating their love and marriage in a very traditional way

7 months later

"Red alert!" ordered Janeway, as a devoure warship fired a volley across their bow.

"God! What is that?" asked Jack, coming onto the bridge.

"You shouldn't be here!" said Janeway

"Like hell I shouldn't even be in this century. Listen Captain my team and family are on this ship and I want to know what is going on."

"Were under attack." said Tuvok

"Yeah? Ya think? I know that bit." said Jack.

"The devoure." said Janeway

"Still don't forgive us, by the looks of things." said Chakotay

"I'm no expert but shouldn't you be shooting back?" Janeway looked at him as he stood behind her on a higher platform.

"Tuvok. Aim for their phaser array."

"Yes Captain." replied Tuvok. A few seconds later "Their weapons have been disabled."

"They are retreating." said Harry

"End red alert. Continue on course." said Janeway She then turned to Jack "Could I have a word with you, please?" pointing the way to her ready room. Jack saw the anger in her eyes and followed her into the ready room.

"Under no circumstances are you to come onto my bridge and tell me how to command my crew. and what actions to take."

"Looked to me like you needed it. You weren'ttakingany action."

"That is not for you to judge."

"Hey!" shouted Jack "I never asked to be brought here. And as far as I am concerned I am still responsible for SG-1. I am their commanding officer, I trustyouknow what that means."

Janeway's statement softed slightly as what he was saying was hitting home. Janeway knew what it was like to try and look after a crew, without back-up. She knew what it was like being the one responsible. "That still doesn't give you the right."

"Yes but for you that was probably another day on the job. For me, it's not even my job. I have nothing to do, apart from look after my wife. Do you understand howIfeel. Everyday not knowing whether we are going to actually get home. I told Sam we would be alright, but as soon as I try to make sure of that you assume you have the right to tell me that the protection of my family has nothing to do with me. How can I protect them if I can't. ...as you put it.... come onto your bridge and tell you how to command your crew. I wasn't telling you what to do. I was just angry because I knew I couldn't really help."

"I understand how you feel. We are lost from home as well."

"But in the right century, and you'll be going home in a few months anyway."

"As I understand that possiblity stands for you too."

"Then you don't understand what Sam has been saying then do you?"

"I'm sorry I don't follow."

"Well there's the predicting thing. We'll need GDO's to open the iris. Did I mention we'll need a dialing computer."

"I am aware of these things. I know this is hard for you. The best thing for you to do is concentrate on being a father. Your baby is born soon. Very soon."

"Yes I know that, but we still want to go home."

"I know, and I promise we will try. It's just going to take time."

"Okay." said Jack, Janeway knew he didn't believe her but it would do for now.

"Come on, Jack." said Daniel "You may as well admit it, you lost this round." as he sat at the poker table. "Yes Jack, don't be such a sore loser." said Tom

"You were cheating, Teal'c. I taught you better than that." said Jack, childishly

"You are correct O'Neill. I was cheating, but it is now in the past."

"You've got a dangerous monster on your team." said Tom

"Yeah." said Harry.

"I am neither dangerous or a monster." said Teal'c, grinning

Sam O'Neill walked into the mess hall to find Neelix running upto her. "You wanted to see me?" she asked

"I'm sorry, I know you are heavily pregnant and it would be...."

"Well?" Neelix looked at her swelled stomach and then at her.

"I was hoping I could use your baby's appetite."

"Huh?" He grabbed her arm and gently pulled her to the kitchen. She saw different pudding's set out.

"I was hoping you could tell me whether they are good or not."

"I'm not a genea pig! Neither is my baby."

"I know, it's just there are lots and like I said...."

"...Appetite." she finished for him. "Well which first?"

"This one." he pointed to a yellow pudding, it looked sloppy.

"You have got to be kidding me. You made that?"

"Yes, it's a new recipe." she shook her head and put her finger in, not bothering with a spoon. After a short while of disgust on her face she turned to him and said "You need to go back to the drawing board, Neelix."

"Can I take that as a no?"

"It certainly wasn't, yes." she replied. He turned to a blue and white cake. He gave her fork and said now this one. She took a mouthful and looked at him, without swollowing. She grabbed a napkin and spat it back out. "Okay I don't know what recipe book your using but I suggest that you get somebody else to be your genea pig, before I throw up." she said, starting to walk off, she suddenly stopped and graoned in pain. "What's wrong?" asked Neelix.

"Ooh. I don't know." she bent over a little more. Holding her stomach. "Oooooh. I think I'm...."

"You're having the baby aren't you?"

"I'm unsure." the pain came again "Oh yeah I'm sure." Neelix held her arms and led her out of the mess hall.

Neelix pulled her into sickbay. "Computer activate the emergency medical holdgram." he said.

"Please state the nature of.....Never mind." he said helping Neelix get her onto the main bio bed.

"Jack, you've lost again." said Harry

"I'm telling you, Daniel, it's not the way it's meant to be. There not even playing with money." said Jack

"Money???" said Harry, confused.

"Something used to pay for things in their century." said Tom

"That's it, try and make us sound old." said Daniel

"Doctor to Colonel O'Neill."

"Yeah." said Jack.

"I suggest you come to sickbay."

"Why?" Daniel gave him a concerned look.

"Well Colonel, if you wish you can stay where you are and miss the birth of your child, your choice." Jack didn't say another word, he was out the door faster than lightning.

"I have never never never seen him move so fast." said Daniel

"Neither have I." said Teal'c.

"Well it's save to say, he's not in the next round." said Tom, smiling.

"Push." shouted the doctor. Sam looked really hot, in the sense that she was sweating.

"I can't." she said, breathlessly.

"Yes you can." said Jack

"I'm too tired."

"Push, Sam. Just push." the doctor said. Sam nodded and squeezed Jack's hand.

"Arrrrgh." she screamed "AAAAARRRRGH." she screamed again.

"Come on, I know you can do it." said Jack, struggling with the circulation in his hand. As she finished pushing she fell back and breathing very hard. "Keep breathing and then push." said the doctor

"Oh please. No!" said Sam

"I am certainly aware of your fatigue but you must carry on Sam. Just one more and that's it. Just one big push." the doctor said.

"Baby, do it. Just push for the me," said Jack. Sam found herself grabbing his shoulders and pushing really hard that when she heard the child cry, she just collapsed back on the bed.

"It's a girl! It's a girl." said the doctor, proudly.

"See, I told ya." said Jack, smiling. The doctor wrapped a blanket around the little girl and gave her to Sam. Jack sat next to her as he watched Sam look at their daughter "Oh Jack look,she's so tiny."

"I know." Jack rubbed the baby's cheek and said "She's beautiful." Sam smiled at him and they kissed. When he pulled back he said "Just like her mother." she smiled again.

"What shall we call her?" asked Sam

"What do you think we should name her?" asked Jack

"Well my father always like the name Chloe."

"Chloe O'Neill. Has a nice ring to it, don't ya think?"

"I do."

"Great." he kissed her again. "Can I ask you something?"

"What?" said Sam

"If your father likes the name Chloe, how come your Samantha."

"My mother picked my name."

"Your mother has taste." said Jack, kissing her again.

"Oh guys, you need a room." said Daniel, walking into sickbay, smiling with Teal'c.

"C'mon guys I want you to meet Chloe O'Neill." said Jack, waving for them to come over. They did.

"Oh Sam, Jack, She's beautiful. Congratulations." said Daniel. Stroking Chloe's cheek.

"Yes Congratulations major, colonel O'Neill."

"Yep, she's the new member of SG-1." said Jack. Everyone smiled and watched Chloe sleep in her mothers arms.

"Jack, tell them." said Sam

"Tell us what?" asked Daniel

"Oh yeah. right. We want the two of you to be god father's." said Jack. Daniel and Teal'c looked at each other.

"I would greatly be the god father of your daughter." said Teal'c

"Yeah Sam and Jack, it would be my pleasure."

"Thank you." said Sam.

Captain Janeway walked into sickbay to see Jack holding Chloe, while Sam was asleep.

"Hey." said Janeway

"Oh hello Captain." said Jack, quietly.

"She's beautiful, what's her name?" she asked

"Chloe. It was Sam's father's favourite name."

"Her father's?"

"Yeah Jacob."

"She looks quite like her mother."

"I know she's got mummy's nose, haven't you?" he said to Chloe.

"Speaking of mummy, she still asleep."

"She's been asleep for 10 hours. She must be tired." said Jack.

"Must be. May I?" asked Janeway, holding out her arms.

"Sure." said Jack, carefully passing Chloe to Janeway.

3 months later

"Put us in a low orbit. Mr Paris." said Janeway "And call SG-1 to the bridge."

"That's the planet with the stargate on?" asked Harry.

"Well these are the co-ordinates." said Chakotay.

"I want teams sent down to search for this stargate." said Janeway. SG-1 walked onto the bridge. Sam was holding Chloe. "We have news." said Janeway

"We've arrived." said Daniel

"Yes."

"This is news." said Jack, sarcastically.

"I'm sending teams down there to search for it. If you wish your team can go down colonel.But

your team will be called as soon as it is found as you are the ones who know the technology."

"Yeah I wish it." SG-1 looked at this planet with amaze, it was the first time they had seen a planet in ages and they were looking forward to open air.

Sam walked into the transporter room a little late. "So?" asked Jack

"Naomi is looking after her." said Sam

"Good." said Jack, walking with Sam onto the transporter pad, followed by Daniel and Teal'c. They beamed down to the planet and began looking around.The first thing Jack noticed was the heat.

"Well where's that stargate, come on." said Jack. "Let's split into two's and get the job done a tiny bit quicker." said Jack. Daniel immediately went with Teal'c, Jack smiled at him and walked in the direction that Sam was already headed in. "Jack, I can hear some noises?" said Sam.

"What noises?"

"I don't know." replied Sam.

Teal'c came upto Daniel "Daniel Jackson, can you hear that noise?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"I am uncertain." said Teal'c

"I don't have a clue either, Teal'c."

Chakotay walked upto Janeway and got her attention by holding her arm "Kathryn, do you hear that?"

"Yeah, it sounds like....singing. I think." said Janeway.

"Look." said Chakotay, pointing to some woods.

"It's...some kind of creature." said Janeway

"Yeah by the looks of things, it could be an alien version of a tiger or wolf. I'm not sure from this distance." Said Chakotay, trying to find a solution.

"Where's it coming from, exactly?" asked Jack.

"Oh Jack look." said Sam grabbing his arm.

"What?" he asked, looking in the direction she was looking. "Hey, he doesn't look too friendly."

"I agree. Perhaps we should go the other way." said Sam.

"Yeah, I think perhaps you're right." said Jack, they slowly walked off, but the *singing* got louder and the *wolf* decided to follow Sam and Jack. "Jack, I think it's following us?"

"You do?" he asked, and he turned around to see the creature try to jump on him. He grabbed Sam and pushed her to the side, both of them falling to the floor, the creature landed on the floor, and stared at Sam and Jack. "Oh crap, what the hell is it doing?" asked Jack

"I think it's studying us." said Sam

"It should take a picture, it lasts longer." said Jack.

"Daniel Jackson, you must not go that way!" said Teal'c, trying to get Daniel to keep to the clearing of trees. "No Teal'c, I see something."

"Is it the stargate?"

"No I think it's an animal." Daniel said, "Oh and Sam and Jack." Teal'c quickly went to his position and stopped when he saw this animal staring at Sam and Jack. Teal'c pulled out his phaser that he was given. He shot the creature, it didn't do anything except for make him flinch. Teal'c studied the weapon and remembered that Janeway showed him the way to increase the power. He turned it up until it was red. It had set it to kill. He shot again, this time the creature was injured and it fell to the floor. "Teal'c I think you killed it." said Daniel. Jack helped Sam and brushed her Jacket

"Are you okay?" said Jack.

"Yeah, are you?" asked Sam

"Yeah, I think I may have bruised my arm, but I'm fine." Jack then walked upto the creature and looked at it. "I think it's dead." he said.

"I had no intentions to kill the creature." said Teal'c.

"I believe you buddy, rather it than me." said Jack, suddenly Janeway and Chakotay came upto them

"What happened?" asked Chakotay.

"Well, this creature attacked us. And Teal'c accidently killed it." said Jack

"Torres to Janeway" came Torres over the comm.

"Janeway here." she said tapping her comm badge.

"I believe I may have found the *stargate*." she said. Janeway looked at them and then they quickly walked off.

SG-1, Captain Janeway and Commander Chakotay walked upto B'Elanna Torres, Tom Paris and Harry Kim. "Well where is it?" asked Janeway.

"Just around here. It matched the description anyway." said Tom. They walked around the corner and Jack took off his sun glasses and took in the sight of the big huge metal ring. "Oh yeah. I think you found it." said Daniel.

"Hello my friend." said Jack, and he turned to Sam and smiled at her. "We're one step closer, and these people are one step closer to going home."

"That's assuming Earth still has a Stargate. i mean who knows."said Daniel

"It might have a permanent iris." said Sam

"Iris?" asked B'Elanna.

"Yeah I mentioned it before, you need a GDO remote code to open it, other wise you..." started Sam but Jack finished for her "Get Squished."

"Well, Daniel shall we see if there is a 'gate before we all boil?" said Jack, giving Daniel room to get to the DHD. Daniel pulled out a piece of paper and looked at the six symbols. He then began studying the DHD. "Sam could I have your opinion?" he asked

"Sure." she said, walking upto him "What?"

"I'm not sure, but I think that's the point of origin."

"Yeah, I've never seen that one before. I believe I've seen all the others." Janeway watched as Daniel began pressing symbols on the DHD. To say Paris, Chakotay, Torres, Kim and Janeway were impressed would have been understatement. Janeway looked at the ring move inside the circle. And the first time a chevron engaged, Janeway physically jumped. When Daniel had finished they all watched as the familar Kawoosh exploded from the 'gate and settled back down. This time they all jumped "We're going home" said Harry Kim, excitedly.

"That's everybody through except for SG-1 and the main crew." said Chakotay to Janeway. Just as Sam and Jack beamed down with Chloe and Naomi and Ensign Wildman. "And Naomi and Chloe of course." continued Chakotay. Janeway smiled. Tuvok walked upto them. "Captain we are ready, Voyager is further away as possible, to set the self destruct."

"Woah self destruct?" asked Jack, as he led Sam, who was holding Chloe upto them

"Yes we cannot allow Starfleet technology to fall into alien hands." said Janeway

"You sound like the Tollan." said Jack, grinning."I hope you still give technology to those who need it"

"Yes. But not to somebody we don't know."

"Okay go ahead blow up the ship." said Jack, still grinning and playing with his shades in the normal fashion. "Computer." said Janeway in the comm badge "Set self destruct mode, authorisation Janeway Pie one one zero."

"State time until detination." said the computer.

"1 minute." said Janeway.

"Self destruct intiated."

"Enable."

"59 seconds until self destruct."

"I will miss Voyager." said Janeway

"The ship is not alive, how could you miss it?" asked Teal'c

"It's got nothing to do with being alive." said Janeway

"Let's go, shall we?" said Jack. The Voyager crew and SG-1 walked up the platform.

"So how do we do this?" asked Harry

"Now you see, that's the easy bit. Let's go kids." said Jack. "It's like walking through a door. Just goes a lot further." Jack held Sam as they went through. Teal'c was with Naomi Wildman and Daniel was with the Voyager crew.

On the other side, they were in a dark room and were greeted by a older man, whom Tom and Janeway seemed to know pretty well. "Dad!" said Tom

"Son. I am pleased to see you." he said, they had a big hug

"Now. I've asked a million people what this device is, and all I've had is sounds of absolute aw. And the words "Wow" and "Stargate"." he said

"Admiral Paris," said Janeway "I would like you to meet the people who could explain that to you."

Jack smiled and took of his shades, seeing as they were in a dark room. "This is Colonel Jack O'Neill. The leader of SG-1." said Janeway. Jack shook the admiral's hand.

"Colonel? As in?"

"US Air Force."

"The who?"

"Long story." said Jack

"This Major Samantha O'Neill." said Janeway "She's the one who could probably explain it in a lot more detail."

"Sounds like just the person I'm looking for." Admiral Paris went to shake her hand when she looked at Chloe and he got the idea.

"This is Teal'c. He's Jaffa."

"Jaffa?" asked Admiral Paris.

"I am pleased to meet you." said Teal'c, bowing his head.

"And this Doctor Daniel Jackson."

"Hello." said Daniel, slightly nervously.

"So I need to know details what is that ring, how come we never knew about this place and how did it bring you half way across the galaxy." Jack smiled at his words and looked at his wife. She just sighed. Boy it was going to be a long day.

".....So to get you people back to your time, we are going to have to build from scratch a dailing computer, predict a solar flare and try to recreate a GDO in which to send a signal to open the iris, which preotects the stargate in your time." said Admiral Paris.

"That sounds about right." said Jack.

"I don't know what to say. We've had specialists looking at your work Major O'Neill and they don't know what to make of it. Aside from the fact it seems to be slightly too complicated to them." said Admiral Paris

"It's not that difficult to comprehend. I could show you again...." started Sam

"No Major, that won't be necessary I just thought I should tell you that I'm confused and that it will take quite some time to get this all working."

"I could help." said Sam

"I don't think there's anything you could do!" said Paris

"Well there's gotta be something we could do." said Daniel

"That is correct, we must assist." said Teal'c

"Even though you come up with this, our technology it's more advanced than what you are used to...."

"Even though your advanced technology doesn't understand Sam's work." said Jack

"At least let me be on the team, who are working on the project." said Sam

"Very well, you may be a part of the team. But this could take ages."

"How long?" said Jack

"Well it could be years." said Paris, looking slightly guilty

"Years? Well we've waited this long." said Jack, sarcastically.

"It's the best we can do." said Paris. At that he walked out of the room, leaving SG-1 looking slightly disappointed.

SG-1 walked into the quarters that they had been given together at Starfleet headquarters. "How come we're together, this time." asked Daniel

"I don't know. But I prefer it." said Jack, who was holding Chloe as Sam looked around

"Well it's got more colour." said Sam, trying desperately to make her and SG-1 feel more happy. It wasn't working.

"Have this people not heard of differences." said Jack "These just look the same as the quarters on Voyager, except there's more colour and it's bigger."

"I do not see the need to be satisfied." said Teal'c "It appears there is ample room for the four....five of us to stay."

"See, here he had to remember baby Chloe." said Jack.

"There are four rooms." said Daniel. "And I've got this one." he jumped into the room, that had a single bed. "Teal'c before you grab a room, me and Sam are having the double one." said Jack.

Sam looked into the other two rooms as Teal'c took the other single room. "Jack?" said Jack

"Yeah." he said walking upto her.

"There's no where for Chloe." she said, concern in her voice.

"I'll go and see if I can get something." he passed Chloe to Sam. "Stay with mummy." he said to Chloe, then kissed Sam and left.

3 months later

Sam walked into their quarters with a very unhappy look on her face. She saw Daniel and Teal'c sitting talking about the places they had been. "Where's Jack and Chloe?" she asked.

"Oh er Jack's bathing her. Don't worry.....What's wrong?" said Daniel, noticing her sad face. At this point Jack walked with a towel wrapped around 6 month old baby Chloe. "Baby what's wrong asked Jack walking upto her. "I've had a bad day." she said

"Why?" asked Daniel

"Apparently there's a slight problem with predicting that stupid stupid solar flare." said Sam, angrily.

"Hey." said Jack. "I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"Do not worry Major O'Neill, I believe you will figure out the solution to the problem." said Teal'c

"Gee I wish I had your confidence." Sam slumped herself on the chair, without taking off her coat. Jack walked upto Daniel and gave him Chloe, then went to sit next to Sam. "Now, there's no need to be angry." said Jack "You heard that Admiral guy. It could take years. We've only been on this planet for 3 months."

"It feels like 3 years to me." said Sam

"Why?"

"Because....I...want to go home. And it's not happening very fast." said Sam

"It won't happen fast. Look if it was just me here. I'd be stuck here forever. But because you're here we have the chance to go home."

"Don't you miss anything from the life we used to have?" Jack was unsure of what she was asking but answered her anyway.

"Of course I do. I miss watching the simpson's..."

"Jack!"

"I miss Hammond. I miss Cassie." he quickly added. He looked at Daniel, who was listening intently. "What do you miss Danny?"

"I miss...well aercheology."

"how do you miss that. It's the past. there's alot more past here." said Jack

"Indeed." said Teal'c

"Well it's not the same aercheology I know."

"No digging up rocks?" said Jack.

"Well that's it, there's too much technology. There's no going in there and finding it yourself."

"See." Jack said "We miss lot's of things. Daniel missed digging in rocks. What do you miss Teal'c."

"I miss my wife and Child." Nobody said a thing, realising the Jaffa was just ripping his heart out without much emotion in his voice. There was a bit. Jack turned to Sam "What do you miss, come on Tell us."

"I miss my father. I know he would have wanted to see Chloe, and if we stay here much longer he won't get to see her as a little baby and she won't know him." Jack looked at and kissed her cheek

"He'll get to see her. I know you'll figure it out."

"You think so?" asked Sam. Jack looked at Daniel and Teal'c and at the same time they said

"We know so." Sam smiled and looked at Jack and held onto him as if there were no tomorrow.

"Do you wanna put clothes on Chloe or shall I?" asked Jack, Sam looked at Chloe and said

"i will."

"Okay. go on." said Jack, Sam took Chloe from Daniel and took her into her bedroom. When she was gone Daniel looked at Jack "You look worried!" said Daniel

"I AM worried." said Jack "She doesn't normally just give up. Even if it does take her years."

"It's because she wants to go home. I know I do." said Daniel

"As do I, Daniel Jackson." said Teal'c. They all felt an agreement.

6 months later

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Chloe. Happy Birthday to you."

Sam held onto to her daughter as they all sang happy birthday to Chloe. Naomi Wildman and the crew of Voyager was there. They were all cheering as Chloe played with the bit of cake she had been given. She could only eat soft food, so she was given soft cake, which was made by Neelix. Seven of Nine came upto Chloe and kissed her on the cheek. Seven had changed dramatically. She wore her hair down and was no longer wearing her normal tight clothes. Much to the disappointment of the holographic doctor. Sam placed Chloe on the floor, so that she could play with Naomi as she had promised. "I can't believe out little girl, is a year old." said Jack, to Sam.

"I know." said Sam "Neither can I."

"She is definently like her mother."

"What makes you say that?" asked Sam, curiuosly

"Well she's got your smile." Sam kissed him, playfully on the cheek.

"Now now." said Tom, coming upto them "You two are going to have to wait for that, you have guests." Jack laughed at his comment.

"True, we'd hate for you to see stuff you're too young to see." said Jack, just as teasingly.

"Oh well. You know me. I'm always game."

"We're not playing poker with your stupid chips." Said Jack, with finality in his voice.

"Oh well." said Tom. "Your loss." he was about to continue when a little girl, who was slightly unsteady on her feet knocked his shin. Tom looked down to see Chloe O'Neill playing with toys on his leg. "Oh hello." said Tom. Naomi ran upto them and said "She doesn't do as you say!"

"Sounds like her father." said Sam. Jack tapped her arm

"Hey?"

"Bee." said Sam, Jack was about to retaliate when Chloe came upto him and said "Da" lifting her arms up and dropping the toy. "Say the rest of it and you've got a deal." said Jack

"Is that all she can say?" asked Tom

"No she can say 'mama' just not 'dada'." said Jack.

"Da." she was more insistant now.

"Alright." said Jack "But only because you asked so nicely." he picked her up, and she began playing with the silver bits in his hair.

"She must realise you're disginuished." said Sam, giggling

"Oh well, you've been teaching her that?" asked Jack

"One can try." said Sam, still laughing. By this time everybody who was in the room was laughing as Chloe started fiddling with every part of Jack's face and hair. "Hey hey Jack." Daniel said, laughing

"She seems to be curious."

"I do not understand why is this so humourous." said Teal'c.

"You'll find out one day." said Captain Janeway, patting him on the back. People started laughing again, except for Teal'c. "I did not intend for my question to be humourous." said Teal'c, this just made people laugh even more.

2 months later

SG-1 stood near the startgate, with Admiral Paris and Captain Janeway. Sam was with a technician who was dialing the 'gate making sure he knew what he was doing. "I hope this works." said Daniel

"We used the dialing computer and it worked." said Paris

"No I meant the solar flare bit and the code." said Daniel

"Oh." said Paris. "Major O'Neill seemed to be quite confident that it was correct. She tested that she was right 5 times."

"Well then everything's going to be okay." said Jack, holding Chloe and grinning at her face. She just grinned back. "I believe Chloe O'Neill knows that we are going home." said Teal'c

"No she just knows something exciting is happening." said Jack. The stargate then opened with the Kawoosh. "How long we got left Sam."

"2 minutes." she replied. She took Chloe from him and Jack walked upto Janeway and Paris

"Thank you for helping us."

"Your welcome." said Janeway. "It's been my pleasure. And perhaps you need this."

"Oh right." he said as Janeway passed him there version of the GDO. It looked similar.

"It looks like the ones we have." said Jack

"Yeah, we can't allow future technology to...you know."

"As long as you don't blow me up." Janeway laughed at his humour.

"And you'll want this." Janeway passed him Sam's laptop.

"Keep it." said Sam "Stick it a museum."

"Thanks." said Janeway.

"No thank you." said Daniel. Jack walked back to his team and looked at Sam

"39 seconds." she said, answering the question she knew he was asking. Teal'c bowed his head

"Many thanks." he said, Janeway bowed back.

"You are going to have to remember not to...."

"....tell anybody what technology we have seen. Sam?" said Jack

"I won't, I promise." she said. "We have to go now."

"Now?"

"In 10 seconds." she said. They walked upto the 'gate and Jack walked upto Sam and Chloe and held Chloe's hand and waved to Janeway and Paris. They then walked through the stargate.

On the other side, they found themselves in the 'gate room. There was guns aimed at them. "Excuse me, General. Trust me, we need to talk." Hammond walked into the 'gate room and looked at them.

"I'm listening." said Hammond

"This is going to be hard." said Jack "But we were in the future, there was some portal in Sam's lab that took us to the 24 th century. Do I sound crazy?"

"If you are SG-1, who have i just recently sent home."

"What's year is this?"

"It's 2004." said Hammond "17'th October."

"The day we left." said Daniel

"What's the time?" asked Sam.

"It's 1630 hours." said Hammond, he then noticed Chloe."Who is that?" He asked.

"General, this our baby Chloe O'Neill. Sir even though it's been an hour for you. It's been. .." he looked at Sam "23 months sir."

"My god!" said Hammond, "Well go to the infirmary and then we'll have a de-briefing."

SG-1 walked out of the 'gate room and the last that was heard was Chloe "Dada." she said.

Cassandra Fraiser walked upto Colonel O'Neill who was standing at the barbecue, cooking sausages. "Uncle Jack?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you an hour late?"

"We had a detour." replied and turned to the rest of the group "Who wants hot dogs." there was the sound of a million people saying "Meeeeeeeeee!" and Teal'c saying "I am indeed craving a *hot dog*."

Later that night Sam walked into Chloe's bedroom just to stop short and listen to Jack talking to her. "Guess what, I know you'll never remember all of the people who we met. But this is the life your mummy wants you to have and I am so pleased that you are going to get it." he kissed her forehead and stepped out of the room "How long have you been there?" he asked

"Long enough." she replied. They walked into their bedroom. "I told Cassie the truth she didn't believe your detour."

"Why?"

"Because we have a 14 month old baby."

"True." he replied, he sat on the bed and without warning Sam sat on his knee, straddling his legs."I love you." she said

"I love you too." he said. "How long have we been married, because now we're back I'm confused."

"Not long enough." said Sam, Kissing him and laying him back on the bed. Obviously there night had just begun.

Wow, people you have the reached the end of my story.

Feedback is now being awaited, Don't let me down.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy