Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Darkest of Angels Part 1, The

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Darkest of Angels

The Darkest of Angels

by Miss Wendy

The Darkest of Angels
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, AU, Crossovers (Dark Angel), Challenge (976)
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None that I can remember
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part one of two.
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover, language
SUMMARY: Max (from Dark Angel) finds another escapee who is Sam Carter. They go through the Stargate to find that SG-1 had been captured by another escapee who has feelings of hate toward any human being.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Lynsey I ended up doing it in two parts. I also look forward to another mission (should you choose to accept it) hehehe. Everybody enjoy. Part two will be here very soon. So will part four to StarChild series if anybodies been reading that and also another episode of my slaying series will be coming soon. Oh and feedback is so greatly appreciated. You know it helps. Right now I can breathe. Enjoy.

The name stayed in her mind. Wouldn't leave like it was meant to mean something.

Max Guevara lay down wondering about a young woman named Samantha. Who was she? Why does the name feel familar yet strange.

Deciding that the feeling would not go away, Max went do some research on her.

The information she found wasn't really very specific. Max couldn't find any thing about where she was born or who her family was, only that she had some connection to a place called Cheyenne Mountain, some base that researches deep space radar trelemetry. Undaunted, Max decides that this woman is still important. But how does she get into a top secret base... ...

Major Samantha Carter walked into the gate room, ready for another mission. "Ah Carter, pleased you could join us?" her CO, shined a brilliant smile at her.

"Sorry I'm late sir."

"So you should be. You didn't miss much. Same old Danny trying to get his gear on." Sam smiled and walked over to Daniel Jackson and helped him with his stuff.

"Thanks Sam."

"Don't mention it, oh and Daniel I still want that book."

"Oh Damm. I forgot it. Sorry."

"It's okay, it can wait. I suppose."

"SG-1 you have a go." said Hammond

"Thank you sir." saluted Jack and they walked up the ramp into the event horizon and they were gone.

Hammond wished them luck and was about to walk out of the control room when a young airmen walked in and said "Sir, there has just been an authorised attempt to get into the mountain."

"What about it airmen?" asked Hammond

"She claimed she knew Major Carter, saying that she needed to speak to her and it was important. I came to tell you that she will be waiting outside."

"Airmen SG-1 have just gone on a mission, they won't be back for 3 hours."

"Sir?"

"Tell miss....."

"Max Guevara."

"Tell Miss Guevara that she can't see Major Carter."

When SG-1 returned to the SGC, Hammond took Major Carter into his office. "Major have a seat."

"Thank you sir....erm Sir, What did I do?"

"Nothing Major it's just a young woman named Max Guevara came to see you this morning saying that she knew you."

"Max who?"

"Guevara."

"Never heard of her."

"I see, then how could she possibly know you are here."

"I don't know."

"Listen, she was pretty desperate to see you."

"S-she was?"

"Yes, she claimed that she needed to speak to you."

"Oh okay." she rose from her seat. Hammond nodded his head in approval and she left.

Max was walking around the streets of Colarado when she saw a blonde woman walking up a drive. She was watching this woman, but when she was about to shrug it off when she saw, in her mind, a memory of children. It was them escaping. One of the children who has long blonde hair comes toward her and they hold hands......... Oh my god, she's Samantha.Max had to think about what she was doing. She walked slowly up the drive and knocked carefully at the door. When Samantha came to the door, she also felt memories of a dark haired child. "Come in." Sam said slowly

"Thank you." Max said, also slowly. They were both watching each other. Sam felt that it was really creepy.

"So?"

"So."

"Why are you here?" Sam knew she had to ask. End the scenarios that were playing in her mind.

"I'm Max Guevara...."

"You're the one who came to the mountain."

"Yes. They said I couldn't see you."

"I'm here now, tell me why you came to see me."

"Okay. I was wondering if....well I 'm not sure how to say this. If you're not then you can't say anything to anyone about what I said."

"Okay."

"Well you see are you a......"

"Manticore escapee, as they call me."

"I am as well."

"I thought that....."

"I saw you in my mind."

"God what are we gonna do."

"I have people after me."

"Erm you do."

"You must be doing okay. Have you told anyone."

"Just one person and only because I had to."

"Who's that?"

"General Hammond, he's in charge of where I work."

"You're in the air force, right."

"Yeah, what do you do."

"I've spent along time trying to find the rest of us."

"Oh." suddenly there was a knock on the door. Sam got up of her seat and carefully opened the door. "Colonel."

"Erm Major, may I come in."

"Erm I'm a little busy."

"I won't be long." Jack looked around the door to see a young dark haired woman sitting on Sam's sofa. Jack walked toward her and said "Hi, how are you doing. Never met you have I."

"No you haven't." said Max

"Colonel, sir. We're busy."

"Oh sorry Carter. Erm I just came to say that there is a briefing tomorrow."

"I know that sir."

"You do. I mean you do?"

"Yes." Jack walked to the door, see ya carter. He walked out the door and when he got into his car he cursed himself for not being able to say sorry again for being such a hot head on Endorra.

"Who was that?" asked Max

"Colonel O'Neill."

"Oh it's like that is it."

"Erm....yes. Anyway you were saying about trying to find the rest of us."

"Yes I was, you see. I've been searching for all of us. But you're the second that I have found."

"The second? Who was the first?"

"Her name was Hannah."

"Oh. Okay. " Sam thought for a moment "I may know where there could be another but where that person is is classified."

"So how are we going to get in."

"Well I work with General Hammond and he knows about what I am, as a matter of fact he is the only one who knows. If I tell him what's going on he may let you in. But until then I can't tell you my suspicions."

"Okay lets get in contact with this General Hammond shall we."

"So Sam called today she can't come to P7H 0JI but we're still going." said Daniel to Jack in his office "Why?"

"It's just an archeological survey."

"No I meant why can't she come."

"Well something to do with the SGC and stuff and to tell you the truth Hammond didn't tell me much either." at that Teal'c walked in

"O'Neill we leave in 10 minutes are you and Dr Jackson not going."

"What makes you ask that?"

"You are not ready."

"Oh crap." the both ran out the door.

Sam Carter signed the paper and gave Max a pen. "Don't worry, the General has authorised this."

"Do I look worried." she said with a faint smile. Sam smiled back. Max signed her name and then a young airmen lead them to another elevator. "So you care to tell me yet."

"They could be on another planet."

"W-what. Another planet." The elevator came to a stop, the door opened and they stepped out. "I'm not sure how. I've just got a feeling."

"A feeling?"

"Yeah."

"So how are they on another planet? Did they go by a shuttle?"

"No." General Hammond walked upto them

"Shall we go somewhere more private."

"That would be a good idea." said Max. They walked into General Hammond's office.

"So you are from Manticore, just as Sam is."

"Yes. Yes I am."

"Major why do you need me to see her?"

"Well sir, I'm hoping that we can find another one through the Stargate."

"That's a long shot."

"Yes sir, but I was going to meet someone at a bar three weeks ago, hoping that it was one from the group but he was rumoured to have disappeared in a blinding flash of light."

"Like Thor."

"Yes sir.....Where are the rest of SG-1?"

"Who? Who are S-G-1." asked Max

"My team."

"Team! That do what?"

"Well we travel through a Stargate." Max looked puzzled. "Maybe it's best if I show you."

"Okay. Maybe." said Max, suddenly Max heard a big whoosh "Er What was that?"

"Don't worry that was the Stargate. And SG-1." said Hammond

"Where are they going?" asked Max

"Another planet."

"Oh yeah.....So where are they going?"

"It's the truth."

"Perhaps you should show her the whole thing Major."

Jack O'Neill looked back at the Stargate and then at Daniel Jackson "So Danny whats so special here?"

"There's meant to be a building that SG-6 saw, but they didn't have an aercheologist"

"Do we?" Jack grinned, Daniel knew he was trying to wind him up, he always does.

They walked slowly off the platform around the Stargate and onto the ground. Unfortunately niether of them saw the traps and were pulled up into trees, each of them hanging a huge net.

A man jumped out of the tree and landed on the ground, he landed on his own two feet.

"Hey- Now let us go."

"No - you are my prisoners." he said proudly

"How did you land on your feet?" asked Daniel

"Danny, he's an alien how else would......" started Jack

"I am not an alien." the man shouted, Jack closed his mouth "Now be quiet, your speaking two loud."

Max Guevara looked at Sam Carter and smiled. She had found another but this one was different, she wanted to be found and it sounds like she wanted to find the others as well.

"So how does this work?" said Max pointing to the water that was in the circle.

"You just step through it. My CO says it's a piece of cake."

"A piece of cake? A piece of cake is a lot smaller ya know." Sam laughed.

"Are ya ready?" asked Sam

"Yeah I suppose so? This really works right?"

"I've done it millions of times, or maybe more."

"Cool."

"Okay lets go."

As they got to the other side. Max just stood staring "I can't believe it, we're on another planet and your General let me do this. He's a good guy."

"Guy?"

"Well maybe he's a good man."

"That's better." They started to walk forward when the both stopped at the bottom of the platform. "There's traps here." said Max "Are they normal?"

"No we don't normally get those. That must mean SG-1 got caught."

"Well shall we find them. I always wanted to meet aliens."

"Max, they may not be aliens and we should be careful." They both walked around the traps and carried on walking forward checking for more traps.

"Why did you come here? Where are you from?" the man looked at Jack and he bore his eyes into his skull. "I've told you we're from Earth." repeated Jack

"Liar. This is Earth."

"No. Look this is another planet it's p...... Daniel."

"P7HOJI."

"Okay that makes no sense I know but we are telling you the truth."

"Somehow I don't believe you."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't believe you. Everybody has lied to me from day one."

"Who's everybody? You've only just met us, you can't go around judging people by other people."

"Other people do that to me."

"We didn't."

"SHUT UP NOW. I'VE HAD ENOUGH. YOU people will die because of the crimes of the others."

"W-w-w-what. Crimes?"

"Oh you people are annoying me with the way you THINK you are INNOCENT. The children who were at Manticore are INNOCENT it's people like you who are not."

"Manticore?"

"Yes. Some place on this miserable human invested planet."

"This planet is uninhabited." Daniel tried to explain

"Oh yeah here we go again with 'we're not earth' crap. Give me a break. You will die as soon as I decide how you deserve to die."

To Be Continued

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy