Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Ascension Aftermath

by Miss Terri
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ascension Aftermath

Ascension Aftermath

by Miss Terri

TITLE: Ascension Aftermath
AUTHOR: Miss Terri
EMAIL: tburger350@aol.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Season Five--after Ascension
SEASON / SEQUEL: future; If readers like it, I'll continue
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: language, male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Ascension has just happened. We pick up our trusty heroes as Jack determines he has serious relationship issues.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm thinking of doing a sequel to this. What do you think?

He just couldn't believe it. He had worked at hiding his feelings, worked at just being a friend. He had done all that he could to maintain a courteous, yet professional relationship and this is where it got him.

Jack O' Neil, a US Air Force Colonel, had been bested by a thing, an alien, an entity. Turning off the cassette player, he leaned back in the chair. To a casual observer, he appeared relaxed and thoughtful. To anyone who knew him, the rubbing of his forehead left no doubt that his mind was spinning in circles.

Jack O'Neil, Commander of SG1, contemplated his next move. The Pentagon had forwarded the tapes of his 2IC's conversations with an alien who had followed them home from 636. Although he had told himself she was just under stress, he now knew differently. And it bothered him. It bothered him a lot. It wasn't the fact that he hadn't known her well enough to read the situation accurately, it was the aftermath of that one error.

"I have feelings for you." "I know that your heart is pure and good." "You are as beautiful inside as you are out." For crying out loud, he could not get those words out of his head. The alien, he refused to call him Orrin, could have been his stunt double only speaking the part instead of acting it! They were his thoughts, his words all coming out of the alien's mouth. Of course, Jack reflected, I never said those words, except for the feelings thing. But I thought them.

Damn the regulations. I'm tired of living just for the job. How many times do I have to save the world; do WE have to save the world? He hit his fist into his palm. It has to come to an end. I can't get on with my life without making some changes. It's not fair. He even gave her that big honkin' emerald for God's sake!

His musings are interrupted as the phone rings. "O'Neil speaking. Yes. I'll alert the rest of the team, sir. Three hours, yes sir." Well, General Hammond was putting them off on a new mission. The briefing would be in three hours. He rose from the chair, went to the door, and stepped outside. Traveling down an almost deserted hallway, he came to a door.

Knocking, but opening prior to the answer, he stepped inside. "Daniel, we have a briefing in three hours. Think you can tear yourself away?" Daniel's head had finally raised at the last sentence. Books scattered in haphazard piles around his desk, glasses falling down his nose; he looked every bit the absent-minded professor. Then you looked deeper and saw the well-toned body and laughing eyes and knew you were fooled. "Sure, Jack, I'll let Teal'c know too if you'd like. He's supposed to be by in a minute to help me with this translation." "Great, Danny, we've new rocks to uncover!" Jack laughed as he headed out the door.

Striding purposely, he turned down three more halls, unaware of the maze he traveled. Knocking again, but waiting, he was greeted by a "Yes". He opened the door. "Do you always say yes to anyone who happens to wander by? Doesn't that get you into trouble?" "Colonel, sir, I can always tell when it's you. Your knock is your own." Samantha Carter, Major, his 2IC smiled back at him. "What's up?"

"Oh, a number of things. We have a briefing in a little less than three hours, but I wanted to talk with you awhile before you get ready." Jack said.

To be continued.....

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Terri