Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Where You Are

by Mindi
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
WHERE YOU ARE

WHERE YOU ARE

by MINDI

TITLE: WHERE YOU ARE
AUTHOR: MINDI
EMAIL:MGOO329525@AOL.COM
STATUS: COMPLETE
CATEGORY:S&J
SPOILERS: NONE
SEASON: ANY
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: CHARACTER DEATH (MAYBE), m/f
SUMMARY: SAM THINKS ABOUT JACK
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS OR THE SONG USED. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR INFRINGING.

Where You Are

She walked into the bar hesitantly wondering if he would be there tonight. She looked around the dark room for the familiar handsome face. A smile of relief glowed on her face as she saw him at the bar.

As she made her way to him, the crowd seemed to part before her. All she could see was him. He pushed away from the bar and headed straight for her with the most beautiful smile on his face. He was looking at her as if she were the only person in the room. And for him she was.

"I was afraid you weren't going to be here tonight." She whispered when they finally met in the middle of the floor.

"I'll always be here for you, Sam. You know that." Jack grinned back at her with a twinkle in those gorgeous brown eyes. "May I have this dance, Major?" Jack asked.

"Of course, Colonel." Sam answered with a brilliant smile.

He pulled her into the warm embrace of his arms and they started to sway to the music. Sam rested her head on his shoulder and sighed. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so relaxed and secure. Jack pulled her closer and rested his chin on the top of her head. The words of the song drifted slowly to Sam and she realized how accurate they fit the situation. She closed her mind to last thought and snuggled further into Jack and listened to the song.

There are times
I swear I know you're here
I forget about my fears
Feelin' you my dear
Watchin' over me
My hope sees
What the future will bring
When you wrap your wings
And take me where you are
Where you & I will be together

Sam lifts her head and stares into Jack's eyes and sees all the love that he feels shining out at her. She wonders how she could ever have missed that look that comes into his eyes whenever he looked at her. Its amazing what a person sees when they take the time to look.

Jack leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips and pulled her closely into his arms as if he was never going to let her go and that was just fine with her.

Now baby there are times when selfishly
I wish that you were here with me
So I can wipe the tears from your eyes and make you see
That every night when you are dreamin

I'm here to guard you from afar
And anytime I feel in love
I'll close my eyes and dream of where you are

Sam heard a distant voice and a look of fear crossed her face. She looked up at Jack and saw him smiling down at her. "It's time to go." He said.

She shook her head no. "I don't want to go, I want to stay here." She said fearfully. Looking over her should as the voice calling her got louder and louder.

"Sam, you can't stay here. You have to go back." Jack said.

"I don't want to lose you." Sam whispered the tears thick in her voice.

Jack smiled and said, "You'll never lose me. I'll always me right here waiting for you." He stated as he laid his hand over her heart. Jack leaned down and kissed her briefly before turning and walking back to the bar.

Daniel shaking her shoulder jerked Sam awake. She rolled over and looked up at Daniel with a glare.

"Sam, it's time to head back to the stargate." Daniel stated quietly.

"O.K., give me a minute." She whispered.

Daniel walked over to Teal'c standing guard at the end of camp.

"Is Colonel Carter awake, Daniel Jackson?" Teal'c asked.

"Yeah, Teal'c. I think she was dreaming of Jack again." Daniel said sadly.

"She will continue to grief for a long time to come, Daniel Jackson. I fear that she will never truly accept Colonel O'Neill's death." Teal'c said.

"I believe you are right on that on Teal'c. I suppose if we had actually found his body she could have gotten over it faster but she insists on clinging to a hope." Daniel said shaking his head.

"I believe, Daniel Jackson, that hope is the very thing that keeps Colonel Carter from breaking down completely." Teal'c said.

They became silent as they watched Sam get ready to leave.

"Let's go campers." Sam yelled when she was ready.

Daniel and Teal'c looked at each other as both realized that Sam had just used one of Jack's favorite sayings. They all gathered their stuff and headed for the stargate.

"Dial us home, Daniel." Sam ordered.

As Daniel was dialing, Sam looked up at the stars and smiled.Everyone else has given up on you, Jack but I'm still looking. I'll find you someday. I know you are out there somewhere. Until then, I love you.

"Sam, you ready?" Daniel asked her

Sam looked over at Daniel and Teal'c waiting patiently at the gate. She thanked God everyday that she still had them in her life. They were her rock that kept her sane and able to do her job. "Yeah, lets go." Sam smiled.

Oh, how I see your star
Shinin' down on me
And I'd do anything
If I could just, be right there where you are.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mindi