Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Request, The

by Michelle Reis
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Request

by Michelle Reis

TITLE: The Request
AUTHOR: Michelle Reis
EMAIL: sovvan@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Fluff
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Pre-Three
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: SG-1 saves the day and gets a surprise visit
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: My first attempt at SG-1 fanfic. Be kind, please rewind.
FEEDBACK: Yes, please.
DATE: April 6, 2001

"Well SG-1, it looks like the world owes you yet again. Had you not stopped the Hamidians from gaining control of the Stargate we might all be dead by now. I'm putting you on much deserved leave. You're on stand-down for the next two weeks. Enjoy." General George Hammond saluted Earth's finest and trudged back up to his office to approach the mounds of paperwork and bureaucracy that he knew awaited him after his premiere team's latest adventure. *

Major Samantha Carter stood outside the locker room and banged on the too solid door yet one more time.

"C'mon guys! The locker room was turned over to us ladies ten minutes ago. Move your butts!" She cursed silently as she slid down the wall to sit on the floor. She was muddy, she was bloody, and she was exhausted. All that stood between her and her bed was a nice, long, hot shower and those Neanderthals that she called teammates were keeping her from it. If they didn't get out soon she was going in, regulations or no.

The thought of barging in on a naked Colonel showering was enough to set her blood racing and put a smile on her lips. Minutes after they arrived on P49-H76 they were soaked to the skin by the torrential downpour that had begun in the few minutes between the UAV's arrival and their own. Sam could still recall in vivid detail the way the Colonel's black tee slicked down to hug every hard plane of his incredible body. /Too bad the pants are so bulky, / she thought and then let her mind paint its own picture of what O'Neill might be hiding under his BDU's.

She was so caught up in her lust-filled thoughts that she didn't realize the boys had staggered out of the locker room until a booted foot reached out to nudge her leg.

"Up and at 'em, Carter. She's all yours. I'd have thought with all that banging you were doing you would've shot in as soon as the door opened."

"Sorry, sir. I guess I was just too tired." She blushed hotly at her previous thoughts and tried to get up. Sliding down the wall hadn't been hard, but trying to get her over-taxed body back up was proving to be a challenge. Her muscles definitely did not want to co-operate, thank you very much. She looked up gratefully when O'Neill offered her a hand up.

"Get in there and get a shower, Major. You'd be amazed at your ability to feel human again once all the dirt comes off."

"Thanks for the hand sir, now could you get out of my way, please. I have a hot date with the shower."

Colonel O'Neill's mouth quirked into a small smile at her lame joke as he moved out of the doorway.

Jack's hand reached up to stroke her hair. She smiled and snuggled in closer, curling her body so that he spooned closer. She was wrapped in his arms and they were bundled underneath her warm goose-down comforter. After the whole Hamidian incident she thought she'd never be warm again, but now she was feeling toasty warm and incredibly relaxed. It might be the comforter, be she had the sneaking suspicion that the Colonel with his arms wrapped around her was the one really responsible for her relaxed condition. His hot, moist lips were starting to nibble on her neck and his hands were on their own exploratory mission on her torso when a klaxon began to sound.

/Damn, damn, damn! / Sam sat bolt upright on her bed and threw off the military issue blankets. The warm feeling leftover from her dreams vanished as soon as her bare feet hit the ice-cold concrete floor. She yanked on her socks and boots and headed for the gate room.

She arrived just in time to see a couple of Tok'ra step through the Stargate's shimmering surface. She didn't recognize either of them.

They, however, recognized her. After greeting General Hammond they made their way over to Sam.

"Samantha Carter, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Rashim and my symbiote's name is Kereth. Jacob has told us so much about you. Selmak speaks highly of you, as well." Rashim bowed to Sam and then stood aside as his companion greeted her.

"Samantha Carter, I am called Aaliyah and my symbiote is Yarek. Martouf sends his greetings and his apologies for not being able to greet you himself." Sam shook hands with Aaliyah and stepped back as the General approached.

"Rashim, Aaliyah, it's a pleasure to meet you, but what are you doing here?"

Aaliyah stepped forward and inclined her head towards SG-1, who had all managed to slowly drift together until they stood nearly shoulder to shoulder. "We found out that SG-1 had recently visited the planet Nekt and put down the Hamidian threat. The Hamidians have caused us much trouble in the past and the Tok'ra would like to thank your team."

"As would I."

Everyone turned around and stared as the President himself strode into the gate room.

"General Hammond, Colonel O'Neill, Major Carter, Dr. Jackson, Mr. Teal'c," he said as he shook everyone's hand. "I've recently learned of the events of the last few days and thought I'd come down to the SGC in person and commend our frontline team." He smiled at SG-1 who in turn looked at him with stunned expressions on their faces.

"What, they can take out an entire army of technological pirates but they can't greet their own President?"

"Sir, it's an honor to have you at this facility."

"The honor is all mine, George. I've been itching to come down here and see what it's all about and this has been my first good excuse."

"But, sir," Daniel interrupted, "you're the President of the United States. You don't need an excuse to visit your own facility."

"Dr. Jackson, even the President has to ask permission sometimes. As we speak the Vice-President is in Europe just in case something happens to me here. I'm just glad I decided to visit now. Not only do I get to congratulate all of you, but I get to meet real-live aliens as well." He gave them all a boyish grin that was completely at odds with the usual somber demeanor of the Commander in Chief.

The President shook hands with Aaliyah and Rashim as General Hammond introduced him and everyone trooped up to the briefing room so that they could talk in comfort and privacy. * Several hours later as the President started to leave he turned to General Hammond and seemed to pause before he started to speak.

"Now, George, I don't know what you have planned for your team now, but I'd like to reward them for their selfless service to their country and to their world. If your people have any requests they'd like to make, I'll see what I can do to honor those requests. Is that okay with you, George?"

"It's fine by me, Mr. President."

"Well then, I'll just step into your office and you can send each of your people in one at a time. SG-1, feel free to ask for anything you might feel I can do for you as President."

Twenty minutes later they all gathered together to wish the President and their Tok'ra allies good-bye and there was a smile on every face. * "Carter, what do you think Daniel and Teal'c asked for?" O'Neill asked he shaded his eyes from the brilliant tropical sun that was filtering in from the window.

Sam slapped him on the shoulder and reprimanded him, "Now what did I tell you about all of that 'Carter' stuff?"

He rolled over and trapped her beneath him. "Sam... what... do... you... think... Daniel... and... Teal'c... asked... for?" He asked, punctuating each word with a kiss.

Sam giggled and "fought" against him as she answered. "To be honest, I don't know and I don't care. I'm just happy to get what I wanted. And I'm ecstatic to get what you wanted."

"I just can't believe you were so hot for my sexy body that you didn't even think to ask for an exemption from the non-frat regs. If it hadn't been for me we would have these two wonderful weeks in the tropics and then it would've been back to regs and work for both of us. You're lucky to have me, doctor-major."

"Yes," she agreed as she pulled him down into her embrace, "very lucky."

Fini.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Michelle Reis