Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Foundations

by Jackwabbit
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
My gratitude to Becky, for Beta, and for introducing me to Stargate.
Foundations

Foundations

by jackwabbit

Summary: Jack POV Vignette-Things Are Not Always What They Seem
Category: Angst, Missing Scene/Epilogue, POV
Episode Related: 511 Desperate Measures
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Author's Notes: My gratitude to Becky, for Beta, and for introducing me to Stargate.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/06/07

Hands shaking. Palms sweating. Stomach playing rugby on a swaying ship. Brain in an absolute panic. No coherent thought possible. Heart threatening to hammer it's way out of my chest. My world shaken to it's very foundations. Walls falling all over the place. I want to scream, to run. I want to make sure everything is ok, to touch you all over to be certain nothing is broken. But all I can manage is a cold "You good to go?". I'm sorry. Even if things were different, I doubt I could manage much more. The answer is an undeserved balm for my soul.
"Yes, sir."
The walls snap back up, the foundation solidifies. The stomach settles, the brain clears. As always, you are my rock. My unflinching, ever-steady grounding in reality, without which I would be lost on a sea of uncertainty.
Come on, we have a job to do here.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to jackwabbit