Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Torment Series - Part VI: Aftermath, The

by MerryKate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Torment Series - Part VI: Aftermath

The Torment Series - Part VI: Aftermath

by MerryKate

Summary: Sam is captured by an unknown enemy
Category: Angst, Drama, Future Story, Hurt/Comfort, Series
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: adult themes, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/21/04

The Torment Series - by MerryKate

Part VI: Aftermath

"Once we get you back to the SGC, you'll feel alot better," Jack whispered to Sam as he offered her another sip of water. "I'll see to getting the stargate working again, so you won't have to take the Prometheus. It might be capable of space travel, but it's not as quick as the gate. And then we'll get you some food." Even though someone had entered the room, offering a bowl of some sort of mush, Jack wasn't about to let Sam eat it. For all he knew, it could be poisoned. He had reason enough not to trust them, after what they had done.

"You don't have to do this," Sam whispered. "I'm feeling better. Honest." She felt more than a little uncomfortable, being on the receiving end of his attentions.

"I *want* to do this," Jack stated. "And I don't mind at all."

"But..."

Jack silenced Sam's protests with a rapid, "Shhhh..." He placed the water back on the table. "If the situation were reversed, wouldn't *you* be doing this for *me*?"

"Yes," Sam admitted softly. She most certainly would. "And thanks."

"No problem at all," Jack reassured her, before offering her a brief smile. "Well, you're looking better now." He had cleaned what dirt he could find, without actually removing any of her clothing, tattered though it might be. He reached up and pulled a lock of hair away from her forehead. "Can't do much about the hair, though. Not here at least. Besides...hairstyling never was my thing."

Sam chuckled quietly. It felt good to laugh. She hadn't laughed in such a very long time. "Is my Dad still here?" she asked, turning her head to the side to view the closed door.

"Sure is," Jack nodded. "Want me to go get him?" When she nodded her head, he smiled lightly. "Good as done," he whispered, before leaving in the room.

Jack moved down the hallway and into the large open room where the three other men had gathered, along with Telman and Rowan. He stepped over to Jacob and gestured toward the door with his thumb. "Sam wants to see you." When Jacob nodded and hurried to his daughter's side, Jack turned toward Daniel. "A word...outside?" He waited for Daniel to stand to his feet before giving Teal'c a silent gesture, which meant for him to stay where he was, watching over Telman and Rowan.

"How's Sam?" Daniel asked, once he and Jack were alone in the corridor.

"She's better," Jack replied. "Jacob mended most of the injuries with that....healing thingie and I cleaned her up as best I could. I won't feel better, though, until she's been checked out in the infirmary."

"Well...Telman has agreed to activate the stargate, so we can get her home faster than taking the Prometheus again," Daniel told him. "I'd recommend asking General Hammond to send in SG-8 to set up negotiations."

"Negotiations for what?" Jack questioned. "We've got Carter."

"They want to become allies, Jack," Daniel said.

Jack laughed aloud at the very idea. "Yeah, and I wanna play for the Colorado Avalanche," he stated. "Not a chance in hell of either thing happening."

"They now understand," Daniel insisted. "They really didn't mean any harm. They were..."

"Go tell that to Sam," Jack snapped, interrupting the man as he so often did.

"What happened to Sam was terrible," Daniel agreed. "And they understand that. They want to learn how to defend themselves against the Goa'uld without resorting to such drastic measures. I think we owe it to them to help."

"We owe them nothing," Jack stated. "They're lucky we aren't going to shoot them!"

"And that will put us at their level," Daniel commented patiently. "Look, I understand how you feel. I know it's hard for you because you've been in Sam's position. You've been a prisoner of war. But don't you see? If we don't help them to learn other ways of handling newcomers to their world, they're just going to do others what they did to Sam."

"I know you're right, Daniel," Jack sighed, averting his gaze to the floor. "It's just....."

"Hard," Daniel supplied. "Because of what they did. They hurt Sam and you want revenge because you love her." When Jack looked up at him suddenly, Daniel couldn't help but smile. "I'm not an idiot, Jack. I've known it for years. And I felt the same way toward Apophis after what he did to Sha're, didn't I?"

Jack blew out a breath before nodding his head. "Yeah," he admitted at last, albeit reluctantly. His eyes turned down the length of the corridor and found the closed door to Sam's room. "All right.... Fine. Let's get everyone together and prepare to leave through the gate. I'll tell Colonel Ronson to go ahead and take the Prometheus back with his crew. We'll get back to the SGC and I'll brief Hammond on what happened. See if he agrees with you on sending SG-8 in to talk to these people."

.....................

General Hammond entered the infirmary and stepped over to where Jack stood, keeping watch over a sleeping Sam. "I've agreed to send SG-8 to P3A-672, per Dr. Jackson's recommendations," he announced softly. "Teal'c is seeing Bra'tac and his men off in the gateroom and Jacob is sending the other members of the Tok'ra back to their base." He waited until Dr. Warner had stepped over before asking his next question. "How's Major Carter doing, Doctor?"

"As well as can be expected," Dr. Warner replied. "I'm sure the use of the Tok'ra healing device helped tremendously. She still needs to rest. I'm rehydrating her with the IV and plan on reinitiating solid food once she's awake. She appears to have no broken bones or other internal injuries. CT-scan came back normal. The bruising she suffered will heal on its own with time, as will the lacerations on her back." He met General Hammond's gaze once more, as soon as he had finished the report. "I'd say she's doing well physically."

"How about emotionally?" General Hammond questioned.

"Well...I really have no way of knowing that until she wakes up and I see how she reacts to her environment," Dr. Warner replied. "I'd recommend bringing in Dr. MacKenzie to talk with her."

"Oh, she'll just *love* that," Jack remarked sarcastically.

"Dr. MacKenzie *would* be the best choice, Colonel," Dr. Warner insisted. "After what Major Carter has been through..."

"I know what Major Carter has been through," Jack stated. "Personally. Have you?"

"Colonel...," began General Hammond, hoping to prevent further argument.

"What she needs, General....Doctor....is someone to talk to who cares, not some....head shrinker." Jack's gaze took in both men before drifting back to Sam.

"You have my permission to call in Dr. MacKenzie," Hammond stated to the Doctor, as a way of dismissal. He waited until the man had stepped away before continuing. "I think she needs both, Jack." He paused. "So...once she's spoken with Dr. MacKenzie and has been cleared to leave the infirmary, I'm giving you as much time off with Sam as you need."

"Sir?" Jack questioned, glancing back up at the General and narrowing his eyes.

"As you said yourself, she needs someone who cares about her as well as someone who can directly relate to her experience. Don't you agree?"

"Of course I agree, Sir," Jack replied, in a rather halting fashion. "I'm just...surprised. That's all."

"About what? Your relationship is still well within the confines of Colonel and Major, is it not?"

"Yes, Sir."

"And that's not going to change during the course of her recovery?"

"No, Sir."

"Then it's settled," General Hammond replied with a nod. He started to leave before turning back. "Oh... it's up to you whether you think she'd recover better at home or at a secluded little cabin away from all of this." He indicated the sterile confines of the infirmary with a wave of his hand before leaving the room.

Jack watched him leave silently before closing his gaping mouth with an audible snap before returning his attentions to a sleeping Sam.

...................

End of Part VI -- Part VIII is Coming Soon!!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to MerryKate